So, I think I'm lost >.< If I've understood what I've read thus far correctly, there are two new recruits to the king's guard? And...yeah, i'm lost after that >.<

Hey there! The name's Sean, it's a pleasure to meet you. The campaign idea sounds fantastic, I've been wanting to play a non-magic medieval game and this sounds just wonderful. I'm not quite sure how accurate the things I posted in Andrin's backstory are, so if you have any concerns or would like me to fix him let me know and I'll do it immediately. If you need anything else as well, I'll be willing to answer anything you may have. Thanks for reading and considering my application, and I hope I can join in on the awesome idea! Ciao.

Name:

Andrin Deterius

Gender, Age:
Male, 19

Role (Family):
King’s Guard- They will first take part as an army against the Guardians, but eventually become a task force that patrols the Kingdom. Think of them as a universal police force, but with military grade equipment. If you are a King’s Guard, you are (NO EXCEPTIONS) Andelorn. This is because the King’s Guard is only loyal to the crown.

Appearance and Personality:
Appearance: Tall and slightly athletic, Andrin was quite charming in is younger years. He has shoulder length dark hair and eyes as blue and piercing as ice. A scar stretches from the top left of his forehead to the bottom left of his jaw, narrowly missing his eye. He also sports a branded mark on the back of his right hand, but often wears gloves to cover the marking. His face has strong, well-defined features, and would be pleasantly handsome if it weren't for the viscous scar. He is a decent fighter, young and inexperienced still but showing good promise. He wears a sword with a strange rune etched near the pommel, the same marking as the one branded on his hand. He also has a large scar on his left forearm.

Strengths and Weaknesses:
His strength lies not in his sword arm, but his mind. Despite being somewhat dumb in terms of intelligence, he has a strong mind for battle. He posses much Wisdom for someone his age, and has proven his tactfulness numerous times during training. He would rather stand back and calculate the battlefield than to charge headlong into the enemy. Andrin shows great talent as a leader, and hope to become and officer down his career. He is a bit too courageous, and does whatever he can to follow his orders, but has a soft spot for his fellow allies, who he will try and save no matter the cost. He doesn't quite grasp the ideal that sometimes sacrifices must be made.

History or Backstory:
Andrin grew up on in the capital of the Helios Province with his mother Aria Deterius, his father Jermaine, a brother named Jason and a sister named Vaelrya. His father was a high-ranking member of the King's Guard, and the two brothers revered the man they look up to, as well as the order he followed. When they were 5, Andrin and Jason were playing with Vaelrya, who was 8, when she stopped suddenly and fell to the floor. They called to Aria, as Jermaine was on-duty, and Aria arrived and placed Vaelrya in a bed. She died two days later due to an infection that seared through her body. Aria fell into a deep depression, pushing the brothers and Jermaine away from her. Saddened, Jermaine worked harder than ever to bring gold and honor to the family name, even going so far as to teach Andrin and Jason how to wield various weapons. Andrin came to fancy the sword, the typical weapon of the Knights of honor and glory he heard often from his father, while Jason took up the waraxe. When the children were 17, a letter came to them from one of the King's Guard, explaining Jermaine was slain in battle against a party of Guardians. Aria couldn't take anymore loss and took her own life the next night. The brother's didn't know what to do and fought over the topic. Andrin felt it was their duty to join the King's Guard and avenge their father, while Jason believed it was the King's fault that Jermaine died since he ordered the hunting of the Guardians. The discussion came to blows, the brother's facing off, sword against axe. Jason ultimately overpowered and won, giving Andrin the scars on his face and forearm. Instead of finishing his defeated brother, he fled to join the Guardians. Recovering from his wounds, Andrin left to join the King's Guard with the vow to avenge his father and make him proud.

(Here's a rough picture of Andrin, it's from google so it's not 100% accurate but it's pretty close.)

View attachment 171
Hey Sean, we have a Recruitment thread for you to throw you character up on ;). Hope to see you there!

Back