We the Unwanted We the Unwanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donovan Blackmoore (Impregnable Fortress, Geraldis)

Adran always the diplomat had to say he was sorry. Snorting, Donovan attempted to look up, but that wasn't happening. He stared ahead at the wall and the extra bed in the hut. Now that the little man thought about it, he should have risk drowning last night and washed up so he could sleep in his bed. While Adran was digging around in the cupboards for whatever it was he would need he made a comment that actually made sense. Chuckling weakly along with him Donovan held onto his head. "Ughh...Yeah I probably did deserve it." The grin grew on his face. "And it was worth every bit of this."

Turning he braced himself against the wall and put his back to Adran. "Just rub something on my back to help loosen it up. Been walking around like I shit my pants. Can't even bend my back." He winced when the doctor smeared the first bit of the salve on his back. It was cold and it almost felt like it burned some. At least it meant that he kept things fresh and they were decent.

Last edited:
Adran Triveron (Impregnable Fortress, Geraldis)

Adran laughed at Donovan's turn of phrase. "Crude, as usual, but not entirely wrong." Pulling out the salve he required for muscle tightness, he began the slow and meticulous task of applying said salve to Donovan's back. "You know, I actually have to thank you for last night's antics." He said while applying the salve. "If it weren't for you and Isolde's constant teasing of me and Shade and our nonexistent courtship at the time, I never would've gotten up the courage to actually pursue her. So thank you Donovan."

"Ugh..." Donovan thought he might try to turn his head while talking to Adran. Instead he settled with peering out the corner of his eyes. "That's good. I didn't want her chasing after me." A smirk came to his face. There was no illusion in his mind. Women weren't typically drawn to a short, muscled fellow like himself, so a joke about it was best. When the salve reached the back of his neck he winced a little. Then it felt like Adran was trying to poke a hole with his fingers and pull it open. "Ow..." Grumbling a little he adjusted his stance so that Adran could push harder and pull on the muscles in his neck and back. When they were done he took a deep breath and gingerly worked his way into his still damp shirt. "Thank you." This time he could carefully turn his head up so he could make eye contact with the doctor. "Did a pretty damn good job." Slapping the doctor on the shoulder he chuckled. "Best of luck with the man slayer."

Last edited:
Esra T. Montaque [ Shade ]
( Impregnable Fortress )

Shade, while exploring the Fortress to get to know it better, passed by a group of officer housing. However, it just so happens, the shut in of another female stepped outside, her eyes flickering around before landing on someone she does not recognize. "Hmm?" She hesitantly began to approach Shade, who seemed to notice.

The new guardian raises an eyebrow at the woman staring at her. "Need something?" She asks, somewhat grufly. "Er, I wouldn't say that... I would like to know your name though?" Esra approached slowly, she was with a narrowed gaze and skeptical green eyes.

"Shade Bigge. New guardian. You?"

"Esra Montaque, ... guardian? Congratulations for becoming a guardian."

"Thank you." Shade nods to her. "Its nice to have people so welcoming of me, despite my previous position as a Captian of the King's Guard." "Uh..." her hand raises to run through her locks, "Do not take this as a great thing, I just do not have any more room to be any more stressed. So I'll be happy to just accept you without worries."

"H-Huh? Oh no! I am still with my father is all, he got one one these houses when I was little so..." it could be seen as odd that she was still with him, nearly past twenty one, unwed, and without a hut or home to call her very own. "B-But please! Don't focus on me, I want to hear about you." Esra felt a bit sheepish, being away from others besides her father for that small time was not the best thing.

"What do you want to know?" Shade questioned. "Oh... what are you interested in?" The blonde peeked around and relaxed slightly. "Besides having a future as one of us."

"I'm not certain what you mean. I'm soldier, have been all my life. There is little other life I know other than negotiating and fighting."

Esra nearly bursts into a laughing fit, before pausing and giving the female a baffled expression. "You need to lighten up, have fun! The soldier life is great, but it is not the only life."

"True...but you Guardians have little else around here. There is the tavern...and the training yards." Shade shrugs. "If I were back in the city, I would attend parties, and balls, festivals, museums and other such things of culture. Here...I have yet to observe anything like that." The ideas of parties, balls, even festivals and museums sounded so exciting. "You... you really got to attend all those?" Her eyes were large and she practically clung to the female, before regaining her relaxed composure. "Do tell?"

Shade raised an eyebrow at her. "I'm not certain I know how to explain them well. Its just something you have to experience for yourself." Her expression softens. "Adran is working very hard to bring the guardians into a place where they can start making a culture other than war. We'll need people like you to help when that time comes." Esra seemed to become dejected when Shade said she couldn't explain it, that one would have to experience it. "Adran... is?" Her eyes widen and Esra suddenly grins, "I... I would love that. But... don't tell anyone this! They won't respect me as much if I go completely soft..."

"There is nothing soft about wanting a life outside of war"

"I would disagree but... honestly I hope you are right. I don't know if I would like being stuck in this horrid life of fighting much longer, and the others... I don't know if they would feel the same, besides Adran."

"If we were able to introduce them to it, i'm certain they would. One day after this seige. Perhaps."

"After this war, things will change. With any luck, it'll be for the better." Shade inclines her head to Esra. "It was a pleasure meeting you Esra. I look forward to fighting alongside you in battle." Esra glances around before suddenly hugging Shade, "as do I, I shall always have your back, you are welcome to my home anytime. Unless you tell others I actually am friendly also..." she removed herself and backed off, "Hopefully the war is in our favor as well."

Shade stands stiff at the hug...relaxing slightly as she is released. Still a child this one...one who had yet to see death and war. Shade hoped she survived. "As do I." She walks away and Esra is left behind.

She did not know how she felt, but soon Esra realized something, more friendship was forming and it was not even what she wanted to happen but... it was nice. Esra shook her head slightly, the typically rude or obnoxious, even sometimes bipolar, guardian had a new hope.

Isolde Bennett - Impregnable Fortress; the morning after.

Isolde groaned as the sunlight trickled into her room through the open window. She swatted her hand toward the light and rolled over in her bed. "There's no way it's already morning..." the officer mumbled. She held her head with the palm of her hand, rubbing it slowly as not to cause any more pain. "Why did I let that damn doctor talk me into even more drinking... I thought we were going back for a couple and then I don't know what happened." Isolde rolled to her backside and stared at the ceiling in her room, I might have said some things I shouldn't have last night... Isolde, you fool. The woman pushed herself into a sitting position, wincing as the sunlight hit her face and blinded her. She swung her legs over to the side of her bed, planting her feet firmly on the ground and coercing herself to stand up. With what seemed to take all of her effort she managed to her feet and over to the water dish on the table nestled in the opposite corner of the room. She carefully splashed water into her face, a sigh of relief escaping her lips as she felt the crisp water hit her cheeks. "I guess I should get dressed and report in."

Isolde avoided her armor and pulled on a common dress. She tied her hair neatly into a braid pulled to the right side of her face and sighed heavily. "I feel like garbage, I need to eat something but first I must dismiss the students for the morning, maybe the whole day." The woman exited her room, leaving her halberd behind and making her way to the training grounds. Isolde winced again as she left the building and the sunlight tickled her face again. The morning air was crisp and the sky was clear, not a single cloud graced the blue abyss above. She smiled at the beautiful day, quietly cursing it for making her head ache even more as she began her walk.

Rajiana Pendragon (Whitewood, Geraldis)

Rajiana marches through the woods, along with the countless other soldiers. The snow makes the marching nearly silent, besides the clanking of armor and side banters. I knew it... he thinks to himself, adjusting his canteen to the other side of his body. I knew peace with the guardians would be a joke. Soldiers were growing weary since their last stop, and their helmets didn't save their faces from the bitter cold. The path they followed was narrow and hard to follow at times, the cavalry had trouble distinguishing the snowy ground from a trench or pit that had been filled with the powder and leaves.

The soldiers all take a break to rest their sore feet when first night fell in Whitewood, though making a camp was a challenge. Rajiana and several others were chopping firewood, and managed to get campfires going. Rajiana looked around him at the fire, the other soldiers were mostly silent. The commanders pitched tents and discussed their tactics in privacy. "The Guardians will lose, I bet. They are outnumbered and don't have our equipment, how could they win?" He heard a soldier saying to a fellow recruit.

Snow fell thicker and thicker as the night continued, and the fires started to reduce to smoldering. They woke up in the wee hours and continued their march. They had little rest, but enough to keep them moving. They managed to fill their bellies with thinned wheat porridge before leaving, little thicker than gruel. Rajiana saw a soldier with tears in his eyes, trying his hardest to keep them in. "What is it?" Rajiana asks the young man. He got no response. He must be scared we are fighting guardians. I don't blame him, to not be nervous shows ignorance of their power.

The narrow path was even harder to follow now, a group of men fell into a half-frozen creek due to the uniform texture of the ground. "How do we know we are still on the road, sir?" He heard a soldier ask a commander, "Stay between the trees. Not much else to it." The commander answered, followed by a chuckle from a cavalry knight. It was hard to tell how much more travelling was left, but they knew the sooner they found a sunny patch of grass the better, perhaps even if it was the battleground.

Last edited:
Rufus Andelorn (Whitewood Forest, Geraldis)
Some had already begun to complain about the journey. Rufus didn't take any action against their lethargic words, knowing that keeping the morale of the army was the main priority. If one person were to be readily punished due to speaking out against the campaign, it would surely lead to others questioning the king's draconianism. Besides, he could deal with the slackers whenever he pleased.

Perhaps it was the mood that Rufus was in. He was finally going to accomplish what no other king even dared fantasizing. He was finally able to destroy the enemies of the crown. The army had been forging through the forest at a steady pace for hours already, and he knew that the infantry would take the toll if they were weaker in the actual battle. He leaned to Horus.

"Horus, you may give the call. We should set camp for the night. Tomorrow we should arrive at our enemy's doors before the sun rises." He got off his horse and handed the reins to Horus. Immediately, his Royal Guard began to set up his tents. As Horus galloped through the army shouting out the commands, Rufus could hear a chorus of cheers erupt from the army. Yes, even the strong ones are tired.

The men started distributing the food from the provisions wagons. There was so much that one would think that it was enough to feed the entire population, but Rufus left no room for error. The Guardians were, so they have proved, much more cunning than they have received credit for. Now that Captain Biggs has fled and likely had sought refuge in the fortress already, Rufus had to completely discard his original plan that would have caught the Guardians off guard.

However, Rufus requested to dispatch the army as soon as he received their letter, and has not yet replied for them. His intentions were to make Adran in particular believe that they were still negotiating terms, which allowed them to attack before the Guardians could fortify their defenses. For good measure, he still brought an ample amount of soldiers to face a fully defended fortress in the case that the Guardians already finished war preparations.

It was only a matter of sleeping through the night and crossing another couple miles the next day before they would clash against the Guardian's fortress. For the first time in a long while, Rufus felt excited. The kind where one's heartbeat accelerates and he would hold his breath to make sure he didn't miss a single moment of it. It was thrilling, accomplishing a milestone that always felt so far from his grasp.

Horus returned to Rufus's side with a large platter of food. Taking a seat next to the king, he picked up his bread and began to eat.

"You should rest after this, your Majesty." Horus grunted. "It's going to be a long day tomorrow."

"Ay, I should." Rufus said. He picked himself up, catching a glance at some of the soldiers nearest to them. "Horus, tell me, is it wise to drink before a battle?"

"I don't suppose... No, your Majesty."

"Do something about that, yes?"

Horus stood up and glanced at his men. Furiously, he strode over and picked up the keg and smashed it on the ground before proceeding to shout blithering words of rage at the bewildered guardsmen. Rufus watched, sighing to himself. Perhaps, this would be much harder than I thought. Despite the odds.

He entered his tent and extinguished the dim lamp that lit the area. He lied down, exhausted, on his bedrolls, and slowly drifted to sleep.

Lawrence Huxley [Impregnable Fortress, Geraldis]

Lawrence was not one to partake in many social gatherings and thus had kept much to himself, preferring to take the view that at least someone ought to keep watch. His confidence lay in his swordsmanship, not much in making friends. He did not consider even for a moment that many here could be counted among that list save a few, they were simply brothers in arms fighting for what they believed in. Still, he smirked to himself, he had at least avoided the hangover. He didn't drink that often if at all. Lawrence rarely saw the benefit brought from it and he was usually more cajoled to partake than out of direct choice. He yawned, his face twisting to an angry grimace hiding his gaping mouth with the back of a hand as he walked.

He had woken early and took a walk pausing only for a while to watch the sunrise and the listen to the birds sing. Lawrence closed his eyes as he stood feeling the new days rays reach his skin and the orchestra around him. He was a man who could appreciate beauty in many thing be it nature or through a craftsman's hands. Simple things like this made living worth it, it brought sense to an otherwise ugly world. Thin lips twisted into a small smile of contentment before he opened his eyes again and the smile was gone again.

He turned eventually and continued his route towards the training grounds. He was no student but that didn't go to say he let himself out of his daily routine of practice without fail every morning. The sun was enough to make him a half stride slower than was usual and he was early enough to be in no particular hurry as he listened to the world around him and watched as others moved around the fortress completing the necessary tasks in keeping a fortress to a functioning upkeep. He ran a hand through his hair pushing it away from his face a moment as he drew closer to his destination.

Last edited:
Esra T. Montaque
(Impregnable Fortress)

The blonde quietly sighed, she had just washed up and now currently was braiding her hair. She had then slowly scavenged around in her fathers home for something edible, only finding cabbage as her stomach grumbles. Ever since the end of their trip, she had a very large passion of hatred for the green, leafy plant. But, she took a few pieces with her to snack on before stepping outside and wandering the camp. Some wind felt cool against her skin and caused goosebumps, much to the female's annoyance and distaste.

This part of the day was in some ways the coldest. Donovan curled his shoulders against the mist that had begun to form in the wee hours of the morning. He had managed to get the last watch. Perhaps that was due to being drunk just the night before and so they wanted to give him time to sober up. There was nothing quite like freezing on the wall to get a man sobered fast. "I'm gonna walk to the west side." Nudging the man next to him he noticed that he'd fallen asleep. "You'd better walk to." Donovan was irritated that he got paired with men that usually fell asleep. Was it really so difficult to discipline yourself and stay awake for just a few hours longer? He did it most nights and always functioned fine the next day. Some of them whined about needing more sleep and he didn't understand that part.

Walking along the wall seemed to momentarily warm his legs. Bringing his hands up to his face he blew on them and rubbed the palms together vigorously. Just as Donovan was turning to head back he thought he saw something. Turning to the wall again he peered over the edge and growled. It was difficult to tell if he saw what he thought cause some of the wall was inconveniently high. Giving a small bounce he braced his hands on the edge of the wall and peered out. Gradually his eyes grew wide. Dropping himself to the walkway he raced for the stairs. "There's an army! We're under attack!"

Despite his small size the voice carried over the fort. Almost tumbling down the stairs he gave a jump only a few steps from the bottom. "Guardian's, we're under attack! All to arms!" That was the call to be given in such a circumstance and one of the kind had not been given in quite some time. By the time he made his run to the center of the fortress and called he ran back to the wall to hold his post. The army was still far enough off that he didn't anticipate much action for at least an hour. It would be likely by first sunlight.

Shade Biggs (Impregnable Fortress: The Seige)

The sun was just starting to rise in the east. A glint of pink and yellow kissed the horizon. Shade washed her face in the basin, wiping it with a towel. She had an ominous feeling in her gut, likely arisen from the night of dreams of the impending siege. The traitorous king Rufus had lost his head to her, in her dream...and then she'd died at the hands of her former comrades in arms. The king's guards had screamed at her for being a traitor, for turning sides and joining the barbarians. She had no response for them.

"Guardian's, we're under attack! All to arms!" Donovan's booming voice echoed throughout the courtyard. Shade hurriedly tied her boots and fastened her sword belt about her waist. She walked quickly through the courtyard. Only a few people rushed about, the few that had been awake this early. She came to Donovan's side on the wall. His short stature in comparison to the wall was amusing, but she had no heart to laugh or tease. Those were her former comrades down there. Allies in arms...and she'd betrayed them. Now...she was about to kill them.

Esra T. Montaque
( Impregnable Fortress, Geraldis )

Dismay, it was evident on her face before the female rounded, running back to where she had quite literally came from and retrieving the one weapon she knew how to use well. It reminded her paintstakingly of the woman who she had befriended - well, was an acquaintance with and a partner on a mission... but no matter. That would just mean more pain would go through the enemies she shot down and more glory would be risen in the name of fallen comrades- right?

Gripping it, she blinked in realization that the only time she actually shot this was when that attack happened... and it was barely even at all. Her head shook doubtfully, and the girl packed her quiver to the brim, although ensuring that no arrows were stressed and that no feathers upon them were ruffled as she nodded, stepping back outside and into the cool air, she could see her breathe right now. Good weather to fight in, she supposed, those in heavy armor of wrought metal - or even in armor with anything like such, since she did not get a look at who was approaching - probably would feel the cold biting at them.

Adran always slept in a little longer than the other Guardians, mostly because he was up later then most Guardians, treating wounds and mending bones. Today however his rest was cut short by the sounds of Donovan shouting in the courtyard. He woke with a start, the short man's words registering immediately. They had come. He quickly got out of bed and dressed, equipping his rapier and padded leather vest, the combat gear that helped protect his innards.

Exiting his room, he looked around. There was chaos as Guardians who were just waking up were preparing themselves for battle, he only prayed he had enough time to prepare as he rushed full speed to the infirmary. His primary objective was to fight, but he'd be needed to treat injuries during and after the battle, so he made sure to pack his bag full of any medical supplies he believed he would need. Salves, bandages, splints, whatever would help. He was a doctor first, a warrior second.

Slinging the pack over his shoulders, he felt the weight, taking a few practice swings in the empty infirmary. His speed and mobility would be reduced in battle, but not by a significant margin. Satisfied with his preparations, he rushed back outside. He was looking for Shade, paranoid that her morale may break in the face of her former comrades. He found her with Donovan atop the wall, that's where he'd be needed for the first part of this siege, removing arrows and patching wounds. He quickly started making his way toward the wall.

Isolde Bennett (Impregnable Fortress, Geraldis)

The day previous had gone by with the blink of an eye. It was if it had never existed, clearly being hungover from the previous night's escapades played into the mystery of losing a whole day. Isolde yawned, the sun hadn't quite reached high enough into the sky to blanket her room with its light. She pushed herself to an almost seated position and turned her head to look out the window as the crisp morning air tickled her face. Isolde began to think about her duties for the day, she would have to work twice as hard at the training ring for letting everyone have a break the day previous. The planning of her day was interrupted by a voice, Donovan's voice, yelling through the fortress. Army. Attack. Guardians. The man's screaming message barely registered in her mind even though she had been preparing for this day since she returned to the Fortress with Adran, Donovan, and Esra. With a grit of her teeth, the blankets flew off of her bed and she began to gear up for an inevitable fight. Within seconds the woman looked like a hardened warrior and she quickly exited her room, halberd in hand.

As Isolde ran through the hallways of the main building, where most higher ranked warriors slept, she began to yell out to them. "GET UP. WE ARE UNDER ATTACK. EVERYONE PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR BATTLE!" The woman found herself at Claius's room and without thinking she barged through the door, resembling the time he had done the same to her. "Clay! They're here! Get up, it's time!"

Claius Vondale (Impregnable Fortress, Geraldis)
Isolde's intrusion was a rare one, but not without good reason. As soon as the words came out of her mouth he sprang out of his bed, going immediately to his armor. His mind was still foggy from waking so suddenly, and he felt like he made so many mistakes in a short period of time. By the time he was fully geared up, he looked like a mess, and was holding his battle ax the wrong way. He quickly followed the flood of people that were rushing to their positions. As he peered out of the tower, his heart sank.

He knew that the king's forces would be a sizable one, but now that he seen it defeat felt eminent. The army that had already exited the forest outnumbered them at least two to one, and there seemed to be no cease of the new waves that were emerging from the beeline of Whitewood. In addition to that, there were still many unfinished preparations that Claius had originally hoped for. He gripped the stone of the tower wall tightly, his thoughts swarming in his head.

"Archers!" He roared. The drawing of bowstrings sounded behind him in unison. He clenched his teeth.

As of now, the army was still far out shooting of range. Claius could make out the infantry, heavily equipped with ladders and rams at their disposal. Behind them was a line of cavalry and archers, whom also began to form ranks. They most likely would not be able to return fire until they were at the base of the fortress, but Claius knew that the Guardians couldn't win with arrows alone. An army of that size could practically run down the wall.

The biggest concern Claius had was that most of his men were swordsmen, but however adept they were at fighting there were no ways to blindly fight with their odds. They would have to risk fighting in enclosed areas to gain an advantage against mounted riders and the more inexperienced King's Guardsmen.

"Peace treaties, eh son?"

Claius turned to face his father, who was staring out with the same thoughts as Claius's as he observed the enemy.

"Yeah." Claius replied absentmindedly. "Can you take care of command up here?"

Saxo raised an eyebrow. "Where are you going?"

Claius looked at the men crowded at the gate. It was like a death's wish, having to fight that many soldiers when the wall gets breached, yet they stood their with fierce determination and calmness. Without proper leadership, they would surely die.

"I'm going down." He said. Risking his life for his men meant nothing to Claius, and even if it was the slimmest of chances to even save one of them, it was a chance that was worth taking. Saxo snorted.

"Alright. We'll be providing fire from above." Saxo replied.

Claius was tense as he walked down the tower steps. He felt the lingering presence of death just over his shoulder.

Last edited:
Lawrence Huxley [Impregnable Fortress: Geraldis)

The day had promise yet as he continued walking, that turned to a distinct ominous feel when he heard crows sound their raucous caws. He always had found them a little on the creepy side for like vultures they always hung nearby death. He paused and glanced towards a tree line than hung high over the walls. Sure enough he could see some perched within the trees branches. He frowned briefly before he carried on walking. Lawrence didn't like it, not an ounce. Within the sound lurked a dire warning, one he recognised easily enough. It was hanging in the minds of all the others like it had with him.

Moments later his ears heard the warning call, recognising Donovan's voice break the stillness and he stopped in his tracks. In that self same moment, his anxiety rose. An imminent attack meant change in routine and he already took offence to the interruption of those words. Yet Lawrence knew it was coming. It was going to come and there was little in escaping the fact. He was not about to run from danger

Lawrence turned on his heel and moved swiftly back the way he had come. Shouts rose and men and women moved also pushed to action stations at the call. He glanced upwards and saw many of their archers head for where they would provide the most use. It was pity they did not have more but it was better than having no one to pin the bastards down before they could reach the fortress. He reached where he was likely to be needed most painfully aware how many were just himself with feet to the ground.

Rushing up the ladder to the wall he quickly found his way over to where Shade and Donovan were. Looking out on the horizon, he could spot the fringes of the army growing ever larger as they began clearing the forest. It would only be a matter of minutes now before everything boiled over.

His attention was diverted by a young lad who was vomiting over the wall. Adran rushed over to the boy, who couldn't have been older than 16, and sat him down, checking his head for fever. Finding none he realized the boy was merely a nervous wreck, and Adran couldn't blame him. "It's all right, we've been training our whole lives for this fight. If the king thinks this force will be enough to stop the Guardians, his reign will be swift and foolish." He assured the boy.

"I don't wanna die Mr. Adran." The boy muttered, tears in his eyes. Adran brought their foreheads together, and whispered. "Neither do I son. But we're family, take care of your comrades, and they'll take care of you. Do that and we'll all get out of here alive." The boy seemed to regain himself as he looked at Adran with determination in his eyes. He stood with a nod, and knocked up his bow again.

Adran knew he was lying, many Guardians wouldn't survive this battle, but he needed to keep morale up so that a majority of the order would survive this day. He walked over to Shade and Donovan, resolution in his eyes. "The war you've wanted has finally come, Donovan. Are you ready to fight it?"

Donovan glanced at the boy while he puked. This was an unfortunate day and he doubted that the Guardians would survive a siege. These walls had yet to fail an attack. They hadn't fallen in hundreds of years. No one here would surrender to Rufus. He wouldn't show them mercy. If the king took the walls it be because the Guardians opened the gate to die in battle rather than starve. It was better to die that way. Starvation was a much longer death and it brought disease. Raising one eyebrow he watched Adran check the boy as if he were sick.

It was not a time to mock. If the boy was so nervous he at least hadn't shown himself a coward by running back down the steps and huddling in some hole. Turning to face the doctor who stood at his side he shook his head. "I never said I wanted war from what I recall. Have I wanted to kill the Kings Guard maybe even the king himself...Yes. Did I want to see them outside the gates, no. Probably no man here wanted this, but its here and I'll fight the war that's come to me."

Glancing over at the boy and then back to Adran he smiled. "That one has a Guardian's spirit. He's got courage and I'll do my best to see him out of here alive. You go worry about those that are actually sick." Momentarily he frowned. "Make sure the old man had his tea this morning eh?" It seemed that Adran didn't know of whom he spoke about and Donovan sighed. "The man that adopted me. Big, tall, grizzly fella. You might have seen him come out in better weather and I doubt he'll be resting like he should with the battle coming. Can't stop him from fighting as he should, he's a Guardian, but he needs that tea to breathe."

Donovan's request gave him pause, he knew he had to help this man Donovan was speaking of, but the battle was about to start, everyone was here, Shade was here, he felt like he needed to be here too. The conflict was apparent on his face, he just hoped Donovan wouldn't interpret it as him not caring about his adopted father. He looked at Shade, sadness in his eyes as he said to them both "Stay safe, I'll be back as soon as I can." Then rushed off to the home of Donovan's father.

Adran knocked on the door before entering. "Excuse me sir. I'm Adran Triveron, Donovan sent me saying you needed some tea, especially now with the upoming battle."

"Aye!" Growling loudly the old man walked to the door. "Damn that lad. Always tried to keep me around. He's old enough to be without a father." Still a smirk came to his face. "That jar over there. He's got it mixed for days when he doesn't have time to pick it fresh or when I'm supposed to do it for myself."

"Yes sir." He quickly went about mixing and pouring the tea. Obviously in a rush. The old man put on a belt with a sword and scabbard. "I don't have time to be sick these days. You just fix that and I'll go to the wall. Been needing a decent way to die."

"No wait, I can help you there. I need to be at the wall as well." Adran said putting the finishing touches on the tea. Not his best batch, but he needed to hurry. "I don't need no help." Glaring at the doctor he took the cup of tea. "The lad probably had you thinking I'm an invalid." Coughing heavily he turned pale and took a moment to sit while he sipped at the tea. "You get back to your work and tell him I drank the tea. Put his mind at ease."

"Yes sir. Hopefully we'll make it through this siege in roughly one piece." He said as he began to leave. Taking a quick gulp the old man rose to his feet. "I'll be getting out there. It's my duty." Adran looked at the old man. Nodding in respect as he rushed back to the wall. Praying he got there before the first arrows were loosed.

Esra T. Montaque
( Geraldis, Impregnable Fortress )

A distasteful look upon her face as she stood behind several other guardians, she was waiting. It would be a bad idea for them to loose the first arrow but also a bad idea to give their enemies the chance. Such choices were not up to her though, considering she just was to follow orders.

Esra was typically a person of this, she wouldfollow orders more or less but she was not one for silence, so now showed that she knew how serious the situation truly was- no time for her useless complaints as she slowly walked along back and forth, watching everyone with a look of irritated anxiety that was only present in the journey last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back