Wed-prompt

SClover1

You are in a Wedlocke run of Pokémon SoulSilver. What is your starter? Did any team members die? If so, who did, and how do you carry on their legacy? How far have you gotten?

Ril‘s smile faded completely as the slippery muck redoubled its grip on his shoe. Mochi was raised above his head as he swayed in an effort to stay balanced. The Totodile clacked his teeth softly, still sore, but continued watching for threats.

Ril hopped forward with a squelching of soaked sand, both of shoes thoroughly crusted in debris from the seafloor.
“You are a funny little guy, you know that?”

For all I know, the Professor raised you from an egg. Yet you kept that hidden power of yours a secret from all of New Bark? I don’t get this,” Ril voiced his idle questions.

Mochi wiggled, tapping the blunt side of his claws to Ril’s forehead while pointing downward. Ril let out an oof as as swung the water-type around, clutching his partner’s scaly belly as its tail dropped down against his belt.
“We’re not making a tradition of this,” he said, approaching the first of Cherrygrove’s residential homes. “I know you like to battle, so you won’t be pampered like this after every tough fight.”
Mochi wiggled his feet from side to side, not answering much of anything.

Doctor Joy paused her phone call as a young trainer trudged messily into her station. Just as the tired boy opened his mouth, his pudgy and scuffed partner spat out a pokeball onto her countertop.

“…“ Ril failed, utterly, to shrug off Totodile’s rude display.

Mochi gurgle-hissed at the human-healer, his claws waving up and down haphazardly as it emphasized the pokeball- its purple blinks lighting up the wooden counter.

The doctor’s eyebrow twitched, before putting on her business face. She gathered up her newest patient, jerked a thumb at the trainer forms for the boy, and unmuted her phone call. “It looks like I found a trainer who had contact with the anomaly. I’ll pass on the facts and speculation by days end to the Rangers,“ she said to ease the dispatch worker. The ball found its to a clean dock, data on the Sparrow within waking the readout screen.

Ril let out a sigh of relief at the doctor’s promptness, he shoulders feeling lighter. Ril set Mochi down, giving him the order to stand down, and grabbed a towel from the side of the room. His hands dry and the towel draped around his neck, Ril retrieved the usual form, his eyes darting back to Harper’s status screen.
Inside the pokeball, a flying-type feebly drank yellow restorative fluids. Next to her home’s dock, a tank labeled Goldenrod Antidote bubbled slowly drained. Harper, as she now thought of herself, thought back to the stinging tendril that caused her heart to spasm like this. The blue-bodied swimming pokemon had splashed out of the sea with no warning at her friend! Why, she fumed at the senselessness of it. Impolite!

Harper remembered cawing at her human, pecking at the ground fiercely, and flapping her wings at the docile-seeming Mochi at his side. All pokemon know the Ways of Battle before they leave the nest! Harper did things right! So why was she hurting now?
Why did she fail Ril?
Why did Mochi have to save her?

Ril inserted the form into the reader by Doctor Joy’s station. Mochi’s strange brown energy manipulation was added to his trainer file, the Battle Incident was added to his history, and he was freed to… To worry about Harper’s poisoning again.
‘I screwed up,’ he admitted. Ril chewed on has lip as the Totodile continued to ignore the bowl of berries at his side, watching his teammate’s pokeball with total focus.

Minutes ticked by. And slowly but surely, the violet glow faded from the pokeball dock. The room seemed to grow brighter all at once, as the status screen faded.

In its place a pixelated graphic of a Spearow spread her wings proudly, her feathers back to their former glory, and chirped to be let out to wander freely.

Mochi wagged his tail, before reaching down into his bowl, plucking a berry with his teeth, and spitting it at the still pokeball’s release button, granting his friend’s wish with a red flash of energy.

Last edited:
Back