Shattered Isles Welcome to Witchwood

Sharkyshark

Just chillin'
PavUIs4.jpg

Welcome to Witchwood
The land of Witchwood is a vast realm populated by all manner of mysterious denizens. Its lush forests, towering mountains, and bottomless black seas could be considered beautiful to some, but the land is anything but welcoming. No matter where one lives, strange things seem to occur. Children vanishing into the night, screams emanating from holes in the ground, devilish faces appearing in vegetables, and other supernatural happenings are commonplace. Many words could be used to describe Witchwood, but safe is not among them.

None of Witchwood’s inhabitants are really sure who or what is behind all the strange going-ons. Some blame the witches, who brew their potions and cast their hexes from deep within their mountain caves. Others claim that the rats, living beneath the earth in their endless, stinking warrens, are responsible. Yet more blame the sirens, proposing a wall of iron to be built at the sea’s edge to keep the ladies of the depths away from the good land-dwelling folk. A few even suggest that the frogs may be at fault, although those people seldom get any attention. Regardless of who is to blame, one fact is clear: to live in Witchwood is to live in fear.

The King of Witchwood has been less than useful in dealing with the various trials and tribulations of the people. The gates of the great Bitterstone Castle have been locked for the past ten years, with only castle attendants being allowed in and out. No outsiders have so much as seen the king in recent memory, and whispers have been circulating for years that the king lives no more.

Any adventurers that may find themselves in Witchwood might find themselves moved to help the people with their plight. Perhaps they will investigate the witches or petition the king. Maybe they’ll venture deep into the depths of the sea, or even find themselves catching and interrogating frogs. Any of these routes could lead to a solution, but an incautious adventurer might very well exacerbate the problems. Venture forth and seek justice...but be careful. Witchwood is seldom kind to outsiders.

Note: Fantasy-themed, low-powered characters heavily preferred. Post below if interested. Preferred max of 5 characters.

Last edited:
Always good to see some interest. Do you have any particularly low-powered characters? I try to avoid power creep in my RPs, and your dudes look pretty beefy.

Though I'm not generally one for spooky, creepy, mystery things, this seems interesting enough.

I feel like Diana would be perfect for this. She's not particularly strong unless you count being nice strong xD

Diana looks like she'd fit in, as does Kenza's "Kitty" character. I can throw something together for you guys.

TMITM doesn't usually come out of his domain, The House of Odd, unless the perfect opportunity arises. Blindfold isn't very powerful unless you count future-telling, which WitchWood could distort -- he's also still recovering from one of his attacks, which leave him pretty weak.
I can also adjust his power level without too much difficulty and play him weaker.

For a character to fit well in Witchwood, my preferred level of power is "hardly any". The future sight could definitely be problematic too, although if it's sufficiently blurry and distorted I guess it could be workable. Also, I've been looking through your posts. Just a reminder for if we do start a storyline, there's no ooc chatter in IC threads. Also, no zalgo text. Please just don't.

Okay, that's fine, I wasn't planning to anyway. And breaking the fourth wall is something I'll hold off on. It's something I include in my arcs, but this is your arc, and I'll respect that. Blindfold doesn't need the future to see, he can do it like Daredevil or that guy from Rogue One. The nexus distorts his power anyway.

I feel like I'm in a job interview.

I'm down for something if you're still looking for people. Mitzi's my only character but I feel like she'd be interesting to add as someone who people think is related to the strange happenings but turns out not to be. If she needs a power nerf I'm open to compromise some of her abilities!

Back