We're on our own

"Help Chojin help" the voice called out to him again but this time the voice seemed to be coming from the top of the tree. "Ok Bud fly" he called out as Bud flew to the top of the tree and pull a small person down "wait thats now a person thats a-" he called out

Maverick continued to move around, in search for anyone or anything that could be helpful. Passing by the door he had exited from, he heard voices from within. Huh, so there were survivors? He thought it best to just stay outside and wait for them to come out. He stretched his limbs, relishing at the popping sound that had become oh so relaxing to hear in his recent days. Finding that they were taking too long inside, he decided to look around once more. While looking around, his mind started to race. He knew that his sister would be waiting at the airport. Oh poor Mari, she would have been heartbroken to see the flight disappear from the monitor. There was no doubt that she would be questioning anyone and everyone who was part of the staff to tell her what had happened. It was her twin brother on that plane.

He shook his head, putting his attention back at the matter at hand. He should worry about himself first. He knew that he was alive and not at all injured, save the soreness but that would eventually pass. He didn't know where he was and he hasn't seen a single other soul as of now. He made that his first priority: finding someone alive. As he circled the airplane, lo and behold, he saw another person there. He was holding something to his head but that was all that he could see - aside from his afro which Mav thought was pretty cool.

He walked towards him, now pretty relieved to see another living being in this mess. Sure, he heard the others but he didn't see them per se so there was no reassurance that he wasn't just going crazy and tricking himself that other people were still alive. "Heya man. You okay?" He asked while he was still pretty far from the male, in hopes that he wouldn't startle him very much. Hopefully he didn't. Last thing he wanted was someone shouting at him or running away from him. That wouldn't be of much help right now.

Isaiah could have sworn that he heard someone address him. Maybe he was imagining things. It didn't hurt to make sure though. He looked up and to his relief there was a person walking towards them. As they got closer to could see that it was another man. Isaiah met him halfway and chuckled at his question. "As okay as someone slowly losing blood can be..." His accent was thick. He decided to just tie the piece of shirt around his head tightly instead of just holding it. Isaiah then looked the man before him over. He was a little taller than him, maybe by and inch or so. He didn't look hurt either.

"So glad that I wasn't losing my mind when I heard other people." He looked relieved. He held out a hand, despite the situation his manners were still intact. It was hard to get rid of when it had been ingraved into his memory since he could walk. "Isaiah and you are?"

"Oh... we should probably get that dressed properly. There must be a first aid kit in there somewhere." Maverick said as he saw the other male wrap the cloth around his head. Blood was definitely seeping out of it but it didn't look too major. Besides, the guy was walking and talking so that was a good sign right?

"And I'm glad to meet someone alive." He replied with a light chuckle afterwards before shaking the guy's hand since it was extended towards him. "Maverick but you can call me Mav. Nice to meet you." He said with a grin.

Ava pushed hard as the woman said "three!" and felt the pressure leave their chest. Finally being able to breathe they took a deep breath before pushing themself back, away from under the seats. The plane creaked slightly at the movement and Ava stopped for a second to make sure everything was calm before continuing. They had almost gotten completely loose, just one foot still stuck when a new voice made itself noticed.
"Hello? I can help... I'm--I'm a medical technician." said the female voice and Ava turned their head around to get a quick glance at her. It was hard to see much in the dark plane, but they could that the person was pretty short and a bit woozy from they way she was standing.
"Yeah I'm... almost out" she pressed out, pushing a last bit and finally getting their last leg free. Stumbling back a bit they almost fell into the seat behind them, but managed to catch themself before smashing their head against it. They panted loudly and switched from one leg to the other at the uncomfortable sensation from the blood rushing back into them.

"Okay, we probably need to get out of here quick" they said, worrying still about the possible fate of the plane and themselves. They bent down to look for their bag and felt a small bit of relief as they saw the green strap of it poking out from behind one of the seats. Grabbing it quickly and swinging it onto their back they then turned to the other two.
"Did you see any other people in the plane that seemed, um... awake on your way here?" They asked both of them, not wanting to leave anyone who might actually have survived to crash on their own.

Faraji smiled in relief when the person was able to free herself. She turned her attention to the woman who had approached them. "I think that I saw someone outside. I think that he was hurt." She said. Faraji stood at her full height and then looked down. She hadn't realized how short the two people actually were. But then again almost everyone was short compared to her. "I've been hearing voices as well. They sound male but I can't be sure. I was so focused on getting you unstuck.

" The young woman ran a hand through her white hair. She looked around the remains of the plain. "Do you think that we'll be able to scavenge some things? It's not gonna be much but something is better than nothing at all..." A change of clothes in particular would be nice. Faraji knew that she couldn't be picky. In this situation she would have to take what she could get.
divider-line1.png

"Yes that would be best." Isaiah nodded and let go of his hand. He looked towards the plane crash. "Hopefully we'll be able to find something in a wreckage..." He said. Isaiah could hear people taking. The plane was making their words echo. So more people have survived than he thought. "There are more survivors. We should check to see if they're okay." He said. Isaiah didn't wait for a reply before he started to head in the direction of the voices.

"Yeah, I want to find my bag too. I had some pretty neat sketches there." Mav said with another chuckle. He had a hobby of just thinking of the more trivial things in such a serious situation so he can distract himself from the weight of it. But, oh, he did have to find that bag. Who knows when notes might be needed. Papers would be used for starting fires too, or something like that. He then looked back at Isaiah as he told him that there were more survivors and he nodded, following behind the male. He must have missed the survivors because he was too intent on getting out of that plane.

Ava nodded thoughtfully and looked around to see the exit a few seats in front of them. As she let her gaze follow the rows of chairs her view filled with the still figures of other passengers that hadn't made it. It almost looked like they could all be sleeping if it weren't for the cramped positions they laid in and the few who had their eyes wide open, staring out into the darkness unblinking; as if they could see something that she couldn't. The plane seemed so empty and still now, compared to when they were in the air and it felt cramped with people and life. Thinking of how everyone of those people wouldn't be able to ever get home to their families or see their friends again made her feel sick and she lunged forward for a heartbeat, grabbing onto the seat in front of her sure that she was going to vomit right then and there. By some miracle she managed to keep it down and she swallowed hard against the nausea that was still there in her throat and stomach.

As the tall woman next to her made the suggestion that the scavenge through the plane, her first instinct was to decline and leave immediately. The though of walking down the halls and searching under and around all of these dead people... She swallowed another sick and forced herself to nod. She knew that the girl was right, and if they had to stay here and wait for rescue for who knows how long, they would probably need some supplies to keep warm and eat.
"Yeah, let's just get this over with... I want to leave as soon as possible." she said meekly, wiping her damp forehead with her healthy arm, still wary about moving the other.
"I don't wanna be here if the plane blows up" she said, chuckling a bit to lighten the mood. She kept some of the truth to herself even though she knew the other probably felt the same way about going through the dead peoples stuff.

Without further ado she started walking down the side of the plane, stopping every once in a while to open a bag and see if there was anything useful inside. Going through the old mans baggage she strictly avoided looking at the man who now laid still in front of her. His bag contained not only matches and some clothes that could be useful, but also a pair of small scissors and a bible. Considering the possibility of using the paper as a fire starter for a second, she then promptly put the book back in it's place. She wasn't a religious person, but she had respect. With a sigh she put the useful things into her own backpack and then turned back around to look at the man. He sat as he had during the entire flight, the only thing wrong being his open eyes and mouth. Ava shivered and frowned. Without thinking too much about it she carefully shut his eyes and closed his mouth. She quickly nodded before walking past to the next seat.

"This is unpleasant but it needs to be done..." Faraji said more to herself than anyone else. She started to looked through some of the bags that weren't completely destroyed. She avoided looking at the still bodies of the passengers that hadn't survived the crash. The young woman quickly blinked tears away, she had to focus. While looking through some luggage she managed to find some clothes and a few electronics. Since they were out in the wilderness the electronics would be useless. The clothes on the other hand could come in handy. Depending on the whether they would be able to cover up if needed. Another suitcase also held clothes inside but in this one there were books as well. Faraji tried to look for some sort of first aid kit. It would come in handy, there was no doubt that some of the other survivors had been hurt in the crash.
divider-line1.png

When Isaiah made it to the front of the plane he spotted the other survivors. "So we aren't crazy after all." He tried to sound uplifting. He stopped walking after a moment and closed his eyes. His head hurt but at least the bleeding stopped or he assumed that it stopped. He didn't want to take the shirt off and risk anything so he didn't check. Isaiah looked over the survivors. Two women and another person who was androgynous in their appearance. "This is Maverick, in Isaiah..."

"I saw a man leave the plane. There may be--oh, here they come now." Maz nodded in the direction of the two survivors coming back towards the cabin. Taking one quick glance at the other two she was with, making sure they would be alright, she started picking her way across the wreckage. The two figures were both male, and she smiled wanly at them as they approached. "Hi, my name is Marion. Call me Maz."

She performed a cursory exam with her eyes, but found no limbs at awkward angles or massive bleeding. They were all covered in sweat, blood, grime, and countless scratches and contusions, though it seemed they were lucky in that respect.

Something didn't seem quite right with her head, like she was only hearing half of what was going on, and her mind filled in the blanks for her. She dismissed it as a side-effect of a concussion or her current state of disorientation.

She looked back over at the other two people, to find them searching through the plane. "Look for water, salt, and saline," she called out to them, "Check cosmetic bags for the last one. I'm going to the cockpit to try to find a radio."

Last edited:
Chojin caught the object at it started to glow "that' my Gundam YES" he yelled out while he did alittle dance "okay ao i guess we should find some poeple right" he ask "right" said the Gundam. "Wait when did you start to talk anyways" Chojin ask while Gundam just turn his head to face him.

Faraji nodded and pulled out a suitcase. She emptied it and put all the things that she had found inside. She put it aside and started to search for water, salt, and saline. "I am Faraji." She introduced herself. She didn't have a nickname that could go with her name. The pronunciation of it could really be shorten to something cute. While searching Faraji came across a cooler. She smiled in triumph and opened it up. "I've found some water!" She called. Faraji grabbed the bottles that hadn't been damaged and stood up. She brought them back to the suitcase she emptied and dropped them inside.
divider-line1.png

"I'll help you out." Isaiah walked over and started to help them look. He didn't want to just stand around and do nothing. The Frenchmen winced and grabbed his head. While the bleeding had stopped his head was still hurting. Isaiah leaned against one of the seats and cursed in German.

Chojin was walking for what seem to be a hour before he got back to the plane "hello anyone" he called out while Gundam just looking at him.

Overall, the cockpit of the plane looked surprisingly intact. Despite the vulnerability of its position, it seemed to absorb the impact of the crash better than the cabin had. A few loose items had been tossed around, Maz noted. Gauges in the instrument panel were cracked and most of the glass was broken. The pilot was still in the cockpit, still strapped in his seat. The ninety degree angle of the plane gave him the appearance of lying on his left side, allowing Maz to see him only in profile as she crawled over the door.

His eyes were closed; he was pale and still. But she saw no obvious injuries, no blood on his uniform, and she allowed herself a moment of optimism that he might still be alive. "Please. Please be alive," she breathed, placing her fingers on his neck to check for a pulse.

She didn't feel one, but the position of her hand was unnatural in the cramped area, so she reached her hand around him to the other side. Her fingers encountered the warm, thick, stickiness of blood almost immediately, and she jerked her hand back in horror.

Maz's bloody fingers touched the pilot's chin, pulling his face toward her as she leaned over him in an attempt to see the wound. His head slid toward her with a freedom that was sickening, exposing to her view a large triangular shard of glass protruding from his throat. It had severed both bone and muscle, effectively decapitating him, save the thin layer of skin than stubbornly held his head to the right side of his body.

He probably died before the plane stopped moving, she thought. She released his chin, watching as his head bobbed unnaturally several times, then stilled, the blood continuing to flow from his neck into a pool on the wall beneath him. She turned her attention from the body and began to look at the control panel, searching for the radio. She found the microphone dangling beside the pilot, and raised it to her lips, forcing her voice to sound stronger than it felt. "Mayday, Mayday. Can anyone hear me?"

Last edited:
"Pleasure to meet you all." Maverick said with a small bow of his head. "Oh, looking for things too huh?" He then began to look around as well. He went back to the general area of his seat hoping to find his bag. His eyes sparkled with joy when he did find the black and blue backpack. He quickly took it and cheered, "Yes!" Unfortunately, it only had his notebooks, pencils, pens and some emergency clothing. He would have brought water too if not for the rules of the airport. Ah well, shame.

He should probably search for that first aid kit. It should be in the cabin for the flight attendants. He moved forward and reached the cabin. While there were attendants at the passenger's cabin, there were some who strapped themselves to their seats. He approached one of them and noticed that she lay limp there with her head slumped forward. He checked the pulse and there was none. His lips tightened to a straight line and he noticed there was blood on the wall behind her. Curious, he touched the back of her head and the warm, sticky liquid that he knew was blood made its presence known. He jerked his hand back. "What did you expect Mav..." He muttered to himself before turning away from the dead flight attendant. He took a tissue roll from one of the cabinets and put it in his bag. He searched each one thoroughly to make sure he didn't miss anything. "Found the first aid kit!" He shouted, finding the kit. "And some leftover airplane food! You guys want some?" He asked, beckoning them to come over to get their share. It needs to be heated but at least there were these. There were only a few left. There should be some drinks around her.

"Mayday. This is..." Maz looked around, trying to find the plane's identification. It was located above the yoke. "Cessna Citation NS84. We are down--I repeat, we are down."

There was nothing, not even static. She turned the frequency knob back and forth, trying to raise some signs of life from the instrument, but it was useless. In disgust, she flung the microphone at the control panel, feeling no satisfaction as the crystal of yet another gauge cracked under the impact.

She looked blankly at the various gauges and dials on the console before her. They all looked alike. Her head began to ache with more intensity as she struggled to make sense of the readings. She had no clue what she was looking at, no way of figuring out her location.

Marion caught a glimpse of the pilot's body in her peripheral vision and suddenly felt light-headed.

You're losing it Maz, she warned herself. And if you fall apart now, you won't be any help to yourself or anyone else.

The voice made sense, but the wave of panic rising within her was too strong to deny. She was alone.

Alone in a wrecked plane.

On a mountain.

With a dead man.

She backed out of the cockpit as quickly as she could, distancing herself from the body, sitting down on the side frame of a seat and thrusting her head between her knees. She forced herself to inhale and exhale slowly, a sharp keen in her right ear growing more intense by the second.

Maz massaged her temples, the dizzy spell dissipating as soon as it had started. God, she wanted a cigarette. She subconsciously touched two fingers to her lips as she regained her equilibrium. She was certain that she had experienced some sort of deeper trauma, but she wasn't skilled enough to diagnose it herself. It originated slightly behind her left ear, but when she touched that spot, there was no indication of an injury.

A peculiar thought crossing her mind, she snapped her fingers by her ear, and frowned when she heard nothing. Absolutely nothing. That was not normal.

"So much for walking away unscathed," Maz whispered, angling her good ear towards the door she came in from. She had to report the radio, and see what the other have been up to since she departed. Retracing her steps past the rubble, she poked her head out from the door frame, relieved to see them gathered and with supplies. Airplane food had never looked so appetizing.

She walked over curiously, deciding to wait until everyone had their share before she took some herself. "I can't get a transmission through. We'll have to wait for the airports to notice that the flight never arrived and find where we went down."

Faraji stretched for a few seconds, she sighed in relief when some bones popped. Her body was beyond sore. When she heard the word food she perked up and looked to the others. "Airplane food has never sounded so delicious." She chuckle and walked over to them. She gestured to the things that she had found. "I managed to get some things from the crash. Clothes, bits of snacks, water...." Faraji crossed her arms over her chest. "They're probably more things towards the back, you know the storage area where all the pets and other things are kept."
divider-line1.png

Isaiah walked over to them after throwing some thing into the suitcase. He had found a pocket knife, a lighter, clothes, and a cosmetic bag filled with saline and other medical things. He looked at the food. "I could make a fire to heat it up. I used to go camping with my friends and family so I know the basics." He said. Isaiah shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Well, we should probably pack these up, preferably in separate bags since... well, you know, if we lose one bag, we lose all does not sound like a good idea." Maverick said before standing up and then taking two boxed up airplane food and then placed it inside his bag carefully. He made sure that everyone saw that he packed only two so that there is no mistrust between all of them. He slung his backpack over his shoulder once more. "Let me see if I can find any more of their packed food or drinks. We should be thankful that they came in packed with a duty free." Though he guessed some of the drinks in glass bottles have already been smashed to bits. Ah, but there should be cans of softdrinks in there, bottles of water and cartons of juice. He traveled enough to know what they gave to the passengers.

He broke away from the group to open more cabinets. Some of them had flung open during the crash and had their contents spilled to the ground. He had to be careful around the broken glass shards of the beer bottles. He opened another cabinet to see squished cartons of juice. Shame. He opened another cabinet and saw the cans of softdrinks. "Found some carbonated drinks. But, they're probably pretty shaken up..." He told the others.

Ava turned around when she heard two new voices and everyone introducing themselves. Curious, they walked back to the front of the plane where everyobe seemed to gather around. They had already gotten a pretty good haul with some waterbottles, chocolate, salty crackers, some books for a fire starter amd a deck of cards. Some clothes were also in their bag, but they hadn't been able to find anything very warm or ready for weather. They found a couple of knitted sweaters at least.

As Ava saw the familiar pattern of camouflage they stopped in their tracks. They looked down at the young man, no more than 30 at least, who looked like he belonged in the military. He was wearing a tough jacket made for combat which they knew was able to withstand most weather. Wearing a matching set of cargo pants, medals on his chest and a hat, he looked about ready to walk up to the president and recieve a medal of honour. He was probably going back to his family after being in the war. Ava sighed heavily and turned around to keep walking, but hesitated. They knew that rescue could be a few days away, or weeks even, and they needed to be able to keep warm until then. It was late summer, but the temperature was already plummeting. The nights would be freezing. Turning around slowly Ava already despiced themself for what they were about to do.
"Ah, fuck me" they growled quietly as they reluctantly started to take the jacket off the man. As it unzipped they saw an open locket hanging down at his chest, the picture of a young woman and a small child inside. Ava had to choke back tears and bowed down their head to not have to look at it.
"I'm sorry sir, I'm so sorry" they choked, finally being able to get the jacket of. They made quick business about taking the pants as well before shoving the clothes into the bag they'd found and put all the other stuff in. Before leaving the man they made sure he looked proper, positioning his head straight with closed eyes and letting his hands clasp the locket to his now still heart. Sniffing slightly they wiped at their now wet face and then turned around to met up with the others.

They probably looked terrible, they thought. All pale faced and puffy from crying. They tried to put on a brave face though and smiled meekly at the group as they arrived.
"Hi, Ava" they said shortly, raising their hand as a greeting. It seemed like they had found some airplane food in the wreckage. Ava grabbed a box under their arm before turning around to walk to the exit.
"Sorry I just... I-I Gotta get out of here" they said, voice shaking slightly as they apologized before leaving the plane.

Last edited:
Back