Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Westeria City: Cedarwood Grove

as written by Script

"So this is going about as well as I expected it to. Yeah, she turned up last night when you guys were out doing whatever it is you were doing while leaving me to babysit a kid and a guy in a coma - which was fun, by the way, super fun." Arien remarked as he wandered in, an idle half-smile of amusement on his face and wearing a different outfit to the one he'd left in - the shirt of which was slightly too big for him. "And this is the guy that burned down the manor? That just makes this even weirder."

He gestured with a pair of fingers on each hand, mimicking speech marks. "Hey guys! Just back from the dead with our most dangerous enemy that I'm apparently using as a pillow now." he announced in a sing-song voice. "No time to answer any questions, just roll with it, yeah? Can't see any problems with that. Just be cool."

The teenager took up his typical position leaning on a wall and snorted, rolling his eyes.

as written by KittyWolfSpirit

Talrya stretched as she walked up to the place she had been staying with to check on Viktor's condition after having been gone all night drinking to her hearts content. It showed that her health was fully restored and she felt fine. She had even taken the time to go change her clothes and shoes to a pair of black gothic style boots with a thick 2 inch heel that made a soothing thud as she walked up to the door. She now wore a pair of black flare leg jean capris, a black cotton t-shirt that allowed her allowed her tattoo of a rose vine wrapped around and in between the word honor across the length of the small of her back. to play peek-a-boo as she walked her usual slight hip swaying strut. She wore her straight, waist length, icy blue with its natural highlights in a ponytail while her white bangs framing her face and danced about her form to her waist. She wore a sterling silver chain with a sterling silver pentagram dangling in the v-neck collar of her shirt. A pair of sterling silver medium hoop earrings which had a cat sitting in the hoop with it's tail dangling danced from her linx-like ears.

Her lynx-like ears consisting shades of icy blue, white, and timber wolf grey with the tufts on the ears being white perked forward as she walked into the door and closed it behind her. She turned as she caught the unfamiliar scents of two new strangers, one being a vampire and the other a lycan. Her expressive eyes shined with a metallic midnight blue iris and silver sunkist around the pupil looked to the two new people she had yet to meet with a look of a inquisitive cat's gaze. She closed her eyes briefly, showing her blue eye shadow and eye liner to really pull her eyes to life as she gained recognition of Sanina. She cocked her ears forward, catching Arien say for everyone to just be cool. She was not sure exactly what was going on, but she saw the usual Varia was hot headed again with a gun cocked on the looked of an injured lycan. The woman she recognized from her dream of Viktor standing almost protectively near the lycan which intrigued her considering the racial war that was well known of these two supernatural breeds. She looked back to the lycan and noted that something wasn't quite traditional lycan of him before returning her gaze to the woman.

"Ok..." She spoke softly, a musical tone to her voice. "What exactly did I miss? Arien?" She asked, shooting a momentary glance to him that asked for explanation of the situation.

as written by Lobos

Single surviving eye glancing at the newcomer as he shrugged off Varia's retort, Riaze sighed wearily. He ached as though beat over with maces, which was a far-cry better than the last night had been. Sneering as he heard Varia's final words, however, he looked her way once again.

"Fine. Stay here. I'll leave, you deal with the pissed-as-sin kin of mine running around, and I'll just go kick back in a bar far the fuck away from here. Your funeral, bitch." Growling softly as he lowered himself to lean on one of the couch's arms, the lycan tried not to gag on the all-invading scents of the vampires all around. The one curiosity was the stranger, the female. She smelled exceedingly unusual, yet she walked easy in present company. Friend or foe, it didn't matter at the moment. She was here, the resulting situation involved her in some way.

Glancing at the prone leech, Riaze caught a snarl in his throat at his face. "What the fuck is this shite still breathing for?"

The urge to tear a throat came on quite strongly.

as written by Tiko

Varia may have been familiar enough to know better than to make eye contact with Sanina, but Arien was far less experienced with the woman. As he rolled his eyes, he would find his gaze captured within her own as she made eye-contact.

Where before she might have required the sound of her voice to breach the walls of his mind, she now slipped in effortlessly. The souls that she had absorbed while trapped within Abyss had served to strengthen her, and her crimson gaze bore deep with a potency it had never possessed before.

"Arien dear. Would you be so kind as to disarm her, so that we can be on our way?" she asked lightly. "The police will be here shortly, and I do fear they will not be in a talkative state of mind."

After the mess Riaze had caused the night before, there was no way a confrontation with the police would end in anything but a bloodbath. She started for the door, but not before throwing a look to Viktor at Riaze's inquiry. Leaving him would bring more troubles to a fast growing list, but they couldn't move him in the state he was in. They would need to return for him later.

as written by Script

Caught off-guard by the potency of Sanina's abilities, and his own inexperience with them, Arien found himself obeying her without a thought. He pushed off from the wall and stepped forwards to deftly snatch the gun out of Varia's hand while she was focused on Riaze. He stepped back with it and checked the safety was on before stowing it away. "The police, huh? Love those guys. Not. Let's just go." he mumbled.

Something in the back of his mind was whirring irritably in response to what had just happened, but it hadn't clicked quite yet. He continued to frown with confusion as he moved to follow Sanina.

as written by Tiko

"You fucking moron," Varia spat. "Sanina is dead. Whoever this bitch is, it's not her."

"I don't know, Varia. It looks like Sanina to me..." Christian said.

"Then go with her if you want. But I'm not going anywhere with that piece of shit," she spat as she glared daggers at Riaze.

as written by Tiko

"'nina!"

The shrill cry of an excited child filled the room as Valentina returned with the two girls in tow.

Oblivious to the tensions in the room, the little girl bolted for Sanina and hugged her leg.

"'nina, 'nina, we took care of Jezebell," she said.

The four year old was still holding the bundle of skeletal remains in her arms that she showed to Sanina. It was then that she caught sight of Riaze and her eyes went as wide as saucers and she hid behind Sanina.

Time was running short and Sanina didn't wish to linger any longer than was neccessary. The matter of Riaze would have to wait. She picked up Sarah in her arms and led the way out to the front door.

"Come along," she said to the others.

"Where are we going?" Alice asked as she took Sanina's hand.

"Somewhere safe," Sanina told them.

Meanwhile Christian threw one more apprehensive glance towards Varia before joining the rest that where leaving the building.

as written by Faithy

Valentina was grateful when they finally made it back to Viktor’s place. The entire time, she was afraid that the Hunters would appear out of nowhere, but nothing happened. Sighing, she just looked as Sarah bolted towards Sanina and shook her head when the young girl talked about the remains of Jezebelle. When told to come along, Val glanced over towards Vitkor and shook her head, moving over towards the still unconscious vampire before her gaze shifted towards Talrya. Relaxing a little and waving at the woman, she was incredibly grateful that she had returned. Still, the Vampire remained beside Viktor with NomNom upon her shoulder.

The werewolf was awake and that also made her uncomfortable, though not as much as the baby remains in the blanket. Remaining away from them all, Valentina poked at her arm and frowned heavily. She didn’t want to go without him, mostly because out of everyone other than Talrya, she felt safe with him. She didn’t know the others and well, the thought of playing or at least hanging out with Alice and Sarah was nice, but she wasn’t quite sure what their story was.

“I’m not going without Viktor… He’s… he’s all I know… all I’ve got left…” She chewed on her bottom lip, forcing herself to keep from crying.

as written by Script

Arien scowled as he began to realise what had happened. He glanced back at Varia. "Yeah ... I think it's her. Given that I'm fairly sure she just mindfucked me into taking your gun, and there aren't many people that can do that." he muttered.

If the police were on their way, kicking up a fuss about that particular insult could wait. Oh, but a fuss would be kicked up. That was for damn sure.

as written by KittyWolfSpirit

Talyria could feel the tension in the room and was relieved as she watched Arien walked over and disarm the notoriously hot-headed Varia. She relaxed a little and looked to Varia and Valentina as they said they weren't leaving despite police forces being on their way. She sighed internally and walked to Valentina and gave her a hug.

"Be safe little Valentina. I am sure Varia will not let anything bad happen. Especially considering her loyalty to Viktor." She said softly to her in a maternal tone of voice and glanced to Varia a moment at the last moment before continuing. "I want you to be brave and take care of Viktor. We will be back when we have the supplies to move him properly." She told Valentina.

She wasn't sure if that was the case, but she was saying this to ease Valentina's uneasiness. She forced all her emotions to contradict her insecurity and didn't even let the thought dance more than a moment in her mind so no one with mental abilities could sense she was lying about her sounding security with her statement about returning for Viktor.

She rose and walked to Riaze and looked to him. She studied him briefly. She offered him her hand and positioned herself in a way to show she was offering to use her body as a means to relieve some of his weight if he needed to use her to help him get about.

"Need a little help getting about. You look like you could use a slight hand at least." She said softly to Riaze with a warm smile that showed normal teeth as if she was human.

She hid her fangs and didn't have them elongated unless she wanted them to be, so she just looked to have sharper canines than a normal human but they were of normal length as that of a human's fangs. She looked to him, studying his body language for any signs that he would become hostile towards her.

as written by Lobos

Coughing out an ugly laugh at Varia's spitting defiance, Riaze simply waved off the woman's sneering and glaring. "Oh, it's her alright, bitch. I never forget the faces of the leeches I've killed. But in this case, she proved too stubborn to stay dead. Cost me a blade and a lot of pain. But I see you're too thick headed to realize the truth when it stands and breathes the same air you do."

Sharply regarding Talyria as she approached him, his youthful face was evidently marred by horrific scars in the area of his left eye. The lone member that studied her with feral, raking motions was startling piercing, as jarring as the deep bruising and glaring weals that marked his partially regenerated wounds. Ignoring by his infamously stubborn will the others, he took a long moment before accepting her grip, working with her to regain his feet. Clacking teeth together with a loud snap at the rush of deep aches, his features twisted instinctively for a moment, blurring and pushing before settling back down.

"Thank you. At least someone other than her and her young ilk have some sense in this place." Glancing at himself for a moment, he crooked a grim smile. "Let's get the fuck out of here. I'm not in the mood to get shot...again."

as written by Tiko

"Oh fuck no. You are not leaving the kid with me," Varia spat.

"Come child," Sanina crooned as she gestured for Valentina to join them. "Those who come, they will not harm Viktor. All will be well, but we cannot protect you here. We will find safe haven, and then we will return for the others."

as written by Faithy

Nodding at Talyria, Valentina scrunched her nose up and stood beside Viktor, silently. Hugging the only other friend she had in the world back, she tried to put on a brave face, but deep inside she was scared. Well, scared was putting it lightly. Still, she didn’t want to leave him behind and knew that she could pass as a human child if needed, at least for a while. So, she would probably be safe. However, when it was mentioned that Varia wouldn’t let anything happen to her, the child started to rethink her decision. The thought of staying back with that hotheaded psychotic woman who made it clear that she hated almost everyone was not a pleasant one. Glancing towards Viktor, she frowned and rubbed her nose before dropping her hand back down again, suddenly not so sure about her choice.

Watching Talyria move over to help the werewolf, Val almost said something, but kept silent, surprised that he allowed her help. Mentally shrugging, she returned her attention back towards Viktor and leaned against the piece of furniture he was lying on. Snapping her gaze back towards Varia at her hateful words, Valentina snorted and crossed her arms against her chest, NomNom hissing at Varia. Before she could say something however, Sanina spoke up and reassured her that nothing bad would happen to Viktor. Frowning a little, she finally just nodded and decided between the choice of going with them and staying with Ms. Psychobitch, she would go to the unknown place. At least she’d have Tal’ with her.

“Yeah, I’m not staying with that angry woman…” Valentina muttered her words out before moving over to the group that was leaving, glancing once more towards Viktor before just shaking her head.

as written by Tiko

With the matter settled, Sanina led the group from the house to Colcord Point.

as written by Script

'I seriously can't believe you've gotten yourself arrested again.'

'Detained, Elante. Detained. It's different. I'm not getting charged ... just a lecture.'

Elante sighed as he adjusted the collar of his shirt in front of the hallway mirror, getting ready to set out to the WCPD Headquarters to meet up with Aeryn. His husband had something of a way with collateral damage that tended not to agree with the local authorities. 'This isn't funny. You do realise that I don't have an infinite well of money to pay off fines for property damage, don't you? When you level a city block, I end up picking up a fair amount of the bill.'

'I know! I try! Really! This is the first time this has happened in at least a year. Last time was that Jupiter Corporation thing, and we didn't have to pay for that because they turned out to be terrorists or something.'

Elante rolled his eyes as he slid his arms into his black wool coat, checking his pocket for his phone and keys. Sometimes he wished that he could convey facial expressions through the mental link that their twinned amulets provided. 'If every single one of the six businesses you levelled while taking down ... what was it?'

'A living ink monster with a weird psycho puppet-master inside it. Lots of tentacles. Wasn't as fun as it sounds.'

'...right. Well, if every single one of those turns out to have been a secret terrorist cell, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Until then...' It was at that moment that the entire house shook around him. Elante stumbled midway through buttoning up his jacket, and a photograph of he and Aeryn fell off of its hook on the wall. 'Did you just feel that?'

'You too? Everything's started to wail here. Hey, maybe this means they'll forget about what I broke!'

Elante hurried through to the study, snatching up his spellbook and stuffing it into his satchel, before moving to the door of their home. He pulled it open just in time to see a flurry of fireballs lance across the sky nearby. He stared up in shock as they began to rain down on the city, each impact resulting in faint tremors. It took only a few moments to spot their source, a dragon winging its way across Azure Heights. 'It's some sort of dragon, attacking the city. I'm going to send a message to the rest of the Vanguard, meet m-'

'Can't talk right now! Crazy bomb fire dog lady! I'll be fine, will call you back when I win!'

Gods damn it. Elante mentally cursed as he felt Aeryn silence their link. Of course, it made sense - the last thing he needed in a fight was a voice in the back of his head distracting him, but it was still frustrating. He'd have to make a beeline for the station.

He closed the door behind him and ran for their car. He expected he wouldn't get far before he hit impenetrable traffic from the chaos, but he could leave it behind when it came to that. As he pulled out of the driveway, he rummaged with one hand in his bag, eventually retrieving a small rune-inscribed stone.

Focusing on it, he transmitted a short message, directed to the Vanguard's mountain-top temple. 'A dragon's attacking Westeria. Something else is attacking the police at the same time, seems like it might be a coordinated attack.'

With them alerted, he turned his attention back to the wheel, and put his foot down.

as written by Sokka

The sky was dark above westeria city. The normal light of Cedar wood grove was filled with a sense of darkness, and silent fear. No one was sure if the next moment would result in possible death. There was nowhere to run though, no where was safe so those in the general area had come here.

"First a dragon now there's some sort of intergalactic war? Geeze well I suppose I've seen both of these events before but on the same day? Now this is interesting and frightening." Sarah muttered to her brother as they entered the grove.

"It's weird Sis but we can get through this and we can't just sit around. I'll keep an eye out for any hostiles and you go work your medical genius." He said as he moved to sling a rifle over his back and began to climb a tree. He needed to get a better look at the city from above.

Sarah moved among the Civilians moving toward a group of injured and opening her medical bag. She was already in triage mode as she began to help a woman with a sever laceration to her leg.

The grove was rather quiet aside from the sounds of explosions and screams of engines from the battle in the rest of the city. Children and adults alike sobbed and watched and listened as the apocalyptic events unfolded. Was this truly the end or was it just another day in Westeria City?

Back