Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Westeria City: Cedarwood Grove

as written by KittyWolfSpirit

She smiled softly and nodded to her offer being turned down. She wasn't hurt by the offer being turned down either. Each person and being had their own way of handling situations. This was Valentina's way of handling the stressing ordeal.

She was just a friend as far as she knew, even if she was even that to Viktor. She just owed him for the favor he granted her, well favors. She looked to Viktor as he lay there. She didn't pity him. But she did want to hear his voice again to hear from him why he asked to keep her around. A vampire as cold as Viktor couldn't really be seeking a companion. Could he? She wondered to herself as she stared at him laying there.

She turned back to the kitten who seemed to be having a good old time playing. It made her feel a little better about the situation to see the little critter so light hearted. It was always something she enjoyed about companions and pets. Their knack for lightening a situation when it seemed pretty bleak. She leaned down and to pick the kitten up. If she succeeded she would bring the kitten close and whispered in it's ear.

"Your companion could use some cheering up. Why don't you go nuzzle her face or something she loves that you do? It might cheer her up and bring a smile to her face. Hmm?" She smiled and then set the kitten down to do as it pleased.

She resumed watching Viktor, without playing with the kitten this time so it did not have the distraction to entertain itself with her instead of going to help Valentina through this tough time.

Come on woman. Hurry up. She thought to herself as she glanced impatiently towards the door, then back to Viktor. Oh Viktor, what a mess you have yourself in. I wish you were awake to tell me if this is all my doing. She sighed softly as the thoughts paced in her mind. She felt useless at the moment, being unable to actually do more than sit here.

as written by Faithy

NomNom allowed himself to be picked up and nuzzled the female’s cheek, mewing at her suggestion. Once he was placed down, he skittered back over to Valentina, crawling up into her lap, making her scoot back a little to let his body into the small section between her stomach and legs. Shaking her head, she shifted a little and wrapped her arms around him, cuddling up close against his furry body. It took her a few minutes to release a soft sigh and she wiggled her nose at him, faintly smiling at his antics. Glancing back towards Lady Talyria, she noted her impatient look towards the door and frowned a little,

“What if they’re just messing with us and they’re not really gonna help, Viktor? That … female has been gone a while and so has Christian. Does it take that long to secure medical supplies…?” She scrunched up her nose a little, deep in thought.

as written by Tiko

Christian reemerged with an armful of supplies that he deposited onto the floor next to the couch. It wasn't a lot to work with, and Viktor's medical supplies weren't nearly as extensive as Sanina's had been, or his own for that matter. The basics where there though, and given their frequent inability to rely on hospitals, basic first aid - especially blood transfusions - was something most of the family was versed in.

"Sit here," he told Talyria.

He was opening up some packaging and assembling the direct blood transfusion kit, and he discarded the packaging as he uncapped a needle and used it to pierce Viktor's arm.

With the needle in place, he secured it with some medical tape and gestured for Talryia's own. Provided she cooperated, he would repeat the process on her own arm.

"That'll buy us some time," he said.

He pulled his own phone out and dialed a number before putting it to his ear.

"Arien? Can you meet me over at my place?" he asked into the phone. "Yeah, I know the sun's going to be up soon. Look it's important, just meet me there will you?" he said before he hung up and shoved the phone back into his pocket.

"I need to get some supplies from my place," he explained. "And you're coming with me, kid," he told Valentina. "Let's go."

as written by Faithy

When Christian reappeared, Valentina moved back into her corner, watching him silently. Her eyes shifted towards him and she watched him silently, still not trusting him one bit. Her arms wrapped around NomNom and she held her kitten close, trying not to make a sound. Her face scrunched up as he stuck Viktor’s arm with the needle and she was extremely glad that it wasn’t her arm being poked. Shifting her gaze away, her stomach getting upset at the sight, she hummed under her breath and let him take care of Talyria, hoping it helped out Viktor.

NomNom rubbed his cheek against Val’s arms, getting comfortable against her. She glanced up at Christian as he called for some guy named Arien to meet him at his place. Well, at least he assumed that it was a male, but she supposed it really didn’t matter. Why was he calling for someone else? She frowned a little when she was told that she was going to go with him to get supplies from his place,

“Uhhhmmm… Fine, but you really need to start calling me by my name, Christian. It’s Valentina, not kid.” Sliding to her feet, she kept a hold of NomNom and walked over to stand beside him. “We’ll be back soon, Talyria…”

as written by KittyWolfSpirit

She glanced to Valentina. "I'm not sure honestly. All we can do is hope Va..." She broke off there as she saw Christian coming.

She nodded to Christian and sat where he requested. She didn't flinch at the needles or anything. She was pleased to get a little bit of time with Viktor alone. Though she was concerned about Valentina to go with. She wasn't sure if that was wise, but she was needed here with Viktor. Who is this person he phoned? She wondered to herself.

She looked to Valentina at her strong reaction to Christian and couldn't help but smile at what a little spit fire she truly was. It reminded her of a young girl from her village way back when she was still human. She gave Valentina a nod to show her approval.

"How long 'til you or that woman gets back?" She asked softly to Christian.

as written by Tiko

"As long as it takes," Christian replied.

He instructed Talyra briefly on how and when to remove the IV, lest she run the risk of bleeding herself to death. With that taken care of, he ushered Valentina out the front door and closed it behind them.

as written by Tiko and KittyWolfSpirit

With unconsciousness came dreams... something Viktor didn't often experience these days. He didn't strictly need to sleep, not in the way humans do, and he couldn't recall when he had last dreamed. It was a dream of the night he had lost... no that wasn't right... the night he had surrendered his humanity.

He had been entangled among a trio of whores when he had heard her sirens call. He had risen, tossing coins to the confused women for services not yet performed and stumbled out into the night. He had a few drinks in him and his shirt hung open as he sought the source of the woman's voice crooning her lullaby within his mind.

He had seen her twice now... on the arm of her father as they passed the rundown brothel on the outskirts of Rockchapel, a small town in the Luxlands of Therrier-Paix. Each time he had seen her she had turned to look upon him standing within the window of one of the upper floors, and each time he had been enthralled by her.

Her pale skin, her raven hair... he knew her for what she was.

The wiser of the town had closed their shutters to the woman and her family, waiting for them to move along from Rockchapel... but Viktor was drawn to her like a moth to flame. She was new, exciting... dangerous even... a release from the drollness of a life of tedium that came with being a half-blooded bastard son. His days where filled with dead end jobs and grueling hours, and his nights were often filled with whoring and drinking.

He craved the release she offered.

She had sensed it too, in his eyes upon her, and on the third night she had called to him.

He had found her alone in a pasture not far from the town, and as he stood there watching her staring off into the distance he had wanted her. He had wanted her in the way a man often wants a woman, and he approached her with thoughts of moonlit passion on his mind. Part of him had always known it wouldn't come to pass though... that this woman was a predator.

His hands found her shoulders before he embraced her from behind. There was a faint whiff of decay on the evening air, but it paled next to the allure of her voice. She had stopped singing, but the hypnotic affect had already seeped deep into his mind.

He reached up and unclasped the silver cross that hung from his neck - a gift from his mother - before he transferred it to hers. She turned then and his finger traced the cross where it hung against her chest. He was a drowning man when his eyes met the hypnotic gaze of her own and he hardly felt the stab of fangs as her mouth found his throat.

He was only vaguely aware of the cool grass on his back as he lay there, dying. She had fed deeply, and with each struggling beat of his heart, crimson rivulets ran down his neck to stain the green grass. He couldn't recall when he had wound up on the ground, but soon the thoughts were replaced with the press of something cold and wet to his lips. It tasted vile and he turned and spat, but she had crooned softly and cradled his head in her lap.

"You must drink... or you will die..." she chided lightly.

This time when she pressed her wrist to his mouth once more, he had choked past his revulsion and accepted her blood into himself...

When he awoke she was curled up against his side with one arm resting upon his chest as they slumbered. His hand brushed against her cheek as he sought to rouse her, to ask her name...

The eyes that met him weren't Sanina's though... they were Talyra's. He sat up and looked around the pasture, keenly aware that he had been dreaming. Or rather, was dreaming he noted as he realized he was back in the Luxlands - a place he hadn't revisited since the night of his turning. They had caught a boat in the harbor of Granpaix, and sailed for Aslund that very night.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

____

She watched Christian and Valentina leave in silence as the IV pulled blood from her into Viktor. She sighed in frustration of the whole affair. She looked to Viktor, longing for him to just wake up and be alright. She cursed the ones responsible for putting him in this condition. Then the thought of the predicament he found himself in came to mind with a reminder that it may have been her fault he is like this.

“I swear Viktor, if this is my doing, I will owe you so much to make things right for what you are going through.” She whispered softly as she laid her hand on his a brief moment.

After a while, she could feel her strength waning. She pulled her cell phone from her pocket and looked at the time. It was well passed the time she was told to remove the IV. She frowned, she would leave it in a little longer. She wasn’t ready to stop just yet.

Not long after her desire to continue, she felt weary and closed her eyes. Just a moment, then I’ll remove the IV. She thought to herself.

She found herself watching a drunk man that looked like Viktor fooling around with three women that she could tell were whores. She frowned in distaste, but knew she had no room to talk with as many partners as she had found herself having since the curse upon her and her tribe was inflicted. She continued to watch the ensemble unfold. Suddenly he seemed interested in something else, dropping coins and abandoning the women. She followed suit to watch a beautiful woman she knew immediately was a vampire by her own instincts. She watched him be turned. Then the next thing she knew, she heard him ask what she was doing there. She opened her eyes and noticed she was laying with Viktor. She leaned up, confused, looking about curiously for the woman. No way she could have slipped past her.

“I…I…I’m…not sure. Viktor? That you?” She asked, confusion thick in her voice.

____

You're not supposed to be here," he told her.

It was difficult to say what he meant by that. Did he mean here in his dream? Or just this place in particular?

He started to button his shirt which was still hanging open, and he seemed more himself. At least the him that Talyra was familiar with. Calm, collected, somewhat distant. The collar of his white shirt was still stained crimson with his own blood, but he hadn't another change of clothes on him. Did it matter anyways, he thought? If this was just a dream, then his state of appearance didn't matter much did it. There were no people to be alarmed by the blood, no one to care.

"Why am I dreaming about you?" he asked.

Would she answer? He couldn't be sure. It was strange to him. He had had this same dream before, but this was the first time it had varied so... it was the first time he had dreamed of another since Sanina had died.

____

She looked at him slightly offended by his commentary on her not belonging there. She shrugged it off, she caught a glimpse of his chest as close as she was but looked away quickly as he buttoned up.

"Wait? Whose dream is this? And If it is a dream how do we both know it is and are able to interact?" She asked quietly looking at him.

Talrya stood up and felt disoriented as the world suddenly changed around them. Before them was a small village nestled in the midst of dense woods on a cool fall afternoon. The trees were changing hues in preparation to fall to greet the coming winter. The air smelt of soil, leaves, and a scent of honeysuckle. She was slightly younger. Her hair was a oaken hue and her eyes the color of clover. She looked about confused.

“I know that smell.” She whispered softly.

She turned to face away from Viktor. A tall man of about 6’3 stood before her with a slight golden hue to his ivory skin. Long straight dark tree bark brown fell to his waist around his physically fit physique. A pair of gold eyes with sapphire specks stared back at her. He wore a pair of brown leather pants, a white cloth tunic, a pair of brown leather traveling boots, a gold pendant of a wolf sitting in a lotus flower dangled at his chest. Pointed ears similar to an elf and a face to match a god’s beauty held a smile dancing on it.

“My Lord!” She whispered staring at the man startled.

“Lady Talrya, you look surprised to see me.”

“What are you….” She was cut off as the man cup her chin in his fingers and embraced her mouth with his own briefly.

“My sister knows Lady Talrya. She is furious. She has met with the fates. You and the village are…” He cut off and looked around. “It is not safe for you. I will come to you when it is safe. Remember Talrya. I love you and you have my protection always.”

The man disappeared and she stood the too stunned to move. The dream fast forwards to days later as she stands in the middle of the village. People around her some mutating, others dying horribly as their own body seems to turn against itself, others stand mortified as changes happen to themselves.

“Please, No…NOT AGAIN!!!” She cried, closing her eyes and hitting her knees. “I’m SORRY. It is all my fault!” She whined. “Wake up, please no more!”

Her hair changes to the hue Viktor knows it as and her eyes change colors. Her own mutations begin to become from a common human woman to what Viktor knows her to be now.

____

She didn't wake, but the village emptied of people until only she and Viktor remained. He had watched it all as an impassive observer until he offered a hand down to her, to draw her back to her feet if she should take it.

"What is this place?" he asked.

His eyes searched the village for some sign of familiarity, but nothing about it stood out in his memory. Strange he thought. Perhaps he had gleaned some of Talyra's memories from her when he had fed upon her. It wasn't uncommon, and it would explain her presence within his dream he thought. It hadn't yet occurred to him that she was in any way real. She was a curiosity and nothing more for the moment.

____

“Trinoric, its gone.” She whimpered almost inaudibly.

Seeing Viktor’s hand she took it. She looked to him, visibly shaken by the images that had unfolded. She stood up, and it took some effort to steady herself. She calmed herself after a few moments.

“This is Trinoric. Where I am from. This is…was home.” She answered him finally in a soft voice filled with anguish.

Viktor's expression softened at the weight of grief within her voice, and he drew her to himself. It was an awkward gesture for him, as he hadn't comforted a woman in many years, but he tried to offer her some measure of comfort by simply holding her.

His awareness that it was a dream was fast fading from his perception as his consciousness continued to meld with her own.

He wasn't sure how they had gotten here, but he could feel the anguish rolling off her that this place had caused.

"Come, we need not linger here..." he told her.

She let him hold her. She felt weak and was emotionally devastated by the visions. The world around them faded to a small spring in the midst of woods. She looked around.

“I know this place.” She looked up to him.

She could remember the last time she was here. She was with her Lord. The last time she saw him. She opened her eyes. She looked at the man before her. It was her lord.

“Why did you not come back for me? You swore to protect me…my village. You said you loved me.” She asked Viktor, though the man she saw before her was her lord, an illusion of the dream playing toll on her mind to portray Viktor as her Lord.

She leaned forward and closed her eyes and pressed her lips gently onto Viktor’s.

It had been ten years since he had known the touch of a woman's lips upon his own and he sighed softly at the soft sensation. It stirred desires that he hadn't known for a long time.

His mind could still remember the acts that his body could no longer perform, and within the realm of dreams anything was possible.

He pulled her closer to him, his lips returning to her own as he guided her down to lay upon the grass by the small spring. With deft hands he unbuttoned his shirt before he let his fingers trail up her ribs as he leaned in to kiss her once more...

Part of him recognized that she thought he was another as she responded in kind to his touch, but that part of him that had spent his human nights whoring about Rockchapel simply put it from his mind as the scent of her hair and skin filled his senses.

She felt him return the kiss and her senses went wild in anticipation. She missed her Lord’s touch. No man had ever made her feel as he had. But the truth was her lord was not a man, but a god. She shivered at Viktor’s exploring touch. She traced her hands down his chest lightly, taking in his form. She saw him lean in for another kiss and she responded without hesitation, passion driven into the kiss for all the years of wanting. She would gesture for him to come closer for more intimacy with a slight squeeze of her arms around him briefly before she would resume running her hands across his torso.

She smiled after the kiss released and she could instinctually feel the dream fading so she opened her eyes. It wasn't her lord who looked back at her though... it was Viktor's eyes that met her own, and his hands upon her skin. She looked at him in surprise.

“Viktor?” She whispered, looking him up and down, seeing the signs of what either was transpiring or had already transpired between them.

Her cheeks grew a pale hue of pink rose at her oddly misplaced modesty which she thought had disappeared ages ago. But before she could receive an answer or continue the circumstances at hand she felt herself at a distance being shaken and called to.

as written by Tiko and KittyWolfSpirit

"Damn it, wake up," Christian muttered.

He shook Talyra again trying to rouse her. He had unhooked the IV from her arm, but her skin had taken on an unhealthy ashen hue.

She batted her eyes open a few times and felt really weak and dizzy. She felt a heat to her cheeks as she had in the dream which only added to the nausea churning in her stomach. Her head throbbed slightly with need for blood and sustenance. She looked to Christian trying to focus her vision.

“I am awake. Nauseated, but awake.” She answered. “What happened? Is Viktor okay? Is he awake?” Her questions made her sit up sharply.

Her head spun and she felt as if she would be sick. Her hand flew to her head to try and stabilize herself.

“Viktor?” She whimpered, a tone of desire still stuck in her voice from the passion from the dream.

"No he's not awake, and you're lucky to be. Go get something to eat and drink and get some sleep. You're lucky I didn't leave you to bleed out," he muttered in irritation.

The woman's seeming infatuation was getting on his nerves.

She looked to Viktor, but knew she would have to feed. But how exactly was she going to explain what she needed to regain her strength, she didn't have the strength to get at this moment. She sat there, thinking long and hard how to tell him. With a frustrated sigh.

"I can't just go eat human food or drink and be fine. It will not sustain my health quick enough." She said softly to Christian. "What I require is a bit harder to come by willingly."

"I don't rightly care what you eat, so long as you do it somewhere else so I can work," Christian replied. He was in the process of unpacking a number of supplies onto the small table nearby.

She hesitated, but knew Christian's personality enough to know he couldn't give a damn whether she would die or not. So as not to waste her remaining strength on arguing with him she turned to leave. At the door she glanced back one more time before slipping out into the air.

as written by Faithy

“Oh, I wouldn’t know. Lily was supposed to teach me all of that, but well, you know…” Valentina trailed off and sighed heavily. She was glad when they reached the bike and climbed back onto it, preparing herself for another gut swishing ride. The trip back to Viktor’s place wasn’t as bad as she thought it would be, but it was bad enough to make her not want to get on a motorcycle for a very long time. Slinking down, she let NomNom jump down to the ground before scrambling up to Viktor’s front door, opening it up before slinking inside. The first thing she noticed was that Talrya was gone. Frowning, she waited for Arien to come before she ventured any further into the house,

“Errr, Christian? We’re back with the arrow.” She called into the house, feeling extremely uneasy. NomNom sensing her unease climbed back up onto her shoulder and scanned the room cautiously. Valentina walked over to Viktor, poking him in the shoulder to see it he was still out cold. She frowned when it became obvious that he was very much still unconscious.

as written by Script

"Went as smooth as anything." Arien added as he sauntered in after Valentina, "No trouble from hunters or cops."

He gave a dubious glance outside at the sun before adding. "Need anything else?"

as written by Tiko

Christian had more or less overtaken Viktor's kitchen, and in the span of an hour had managed to make quite a mess of things. Organizational skills or any semblance of cleanliness were clearly skills that Christian lacked the patience for. Spilled fluids where left where they landed on the counters along with discarded slides of blood samples he had taken from Viktor.

"In here," he called out when he heard them arriving. "Set it there on the counter," he added once they had entered.

"Varia's still not back, but he's going to need more blood soon," he noted over a microscope where he was examining something or other.

as written by Faithy

Valentina walked into the kitchen and placed the evidence bag onto the counter before kicking Christian hard in the shin. She snarled and walked back out into the other room, sitting down on the floor beside Viktor. How damn long did it take to get blood? Did Varia go to another planet or something? Snorting, she sighed and knew that she couldn’t help give him blood. Maybe she should go out and get some ladies to come back as victims or something?

“You’re such a slob, Christian. Guess I’ll go out and get blood since Varia can’t even manage that simple task.” Valentina slid back to her feet and headed towards the door, glancing up towards Arien for a minute, wondering if he was going to leave or if he would stick around and help out.

as written by Script

Arien couldn't help but chuckle at Valentina's derisive remarks about Varia, "I don't think it's quite as simple as you'd assume. A person only has so much blood, and we'd be racking up quite the body count if we were just pulling people off the street. And that's attention we don't want right now, unless we want the hunters and the cops on our doorstep." he said, shaking his head.

"As much as that would be something of a party, it probably wouldn't end well."

as written by Tiko

As if on cue, the front door banged open again, this time entering Varia. She was lugging a large cooler that though not heavy, was bulky and awkward to get through the door.

"This is all I could get on short notice," Varia muttered as she said as she kicked the door closed behind her. "Where the fuck's Christian?" she added as she realized he wasn't in the room.

"In here," Christian yelled from the kitchen.

Varia lugged the cooler through the room, following the sound of Christian's voice as she largely ignored Valentina. It seemed to be the popular thing to do at the moment.

She deposited it on the counter and popped it open. Inside was filled with bags of blood. It hadn't been cheap getting a hold of this much human blood, but short of knocking over a blood bank the undermarket had been their best bet.

She began picking up the packs of blood by the handful, transferring them to the fridge.

"I don't know how long this shit will keep," she said. "And where's the bitchy one?" she added.

"Out," Christian muttered over his microscope. He didn't know, nor much care where Talyra had gotten off to.

as written by Faithy

Valentina paused at Arien’s words and realized he was probably right. Frowning, she rubbed her forehead and tried to think of a better way to help out Viktor. Right in the midst of her pondering, the door suddenly opened and luckily for her, she hadn’t gotten over to it yet or she would have been smacked right in the face. Scowling, she watched Varia walking back in with a pretty nice sized cooler. Once again ignored, Val scowled angrily and just went back to her corner, sitting down angrily. If he hadn’t been for Viktor and her direct cause of him being hurt, she probably would have bailed. She really hated Christian and Varia.

“Are you going to stay or go, Arien? I’d like it if you stayed because if you did, then at least one person would acknowledge me…” Valentina frowned, trying to cope with being in a cruel world without anyone that gave two shits about her. She really hated it and wasn’t expecting Viktor to care, but at least he was someone she knew that wasn’t a complete jerkwad to her.

as written by Script

"I'll stick around," Arien said after a moment of thought, leaning against the wall. "Unless I'm needed elsewhere, or there's any more errands to send me on," he shot a glance towards Christian, "I don't have anywhere better to be during the day."

He sauntered through to the lounge, "Do you think Viktor has cable?" he asked the other two, "He seems like the kinda guy that would be able to afford the good channels."

as written by Tiko

... the following night

A knock came from the front door as Sanina and Riaze stood outside on the front stoop. The latter looked to be barely on his feet at all.

Cedarwood Grove hadn't been far from the gardens and the old burnt out manor house, but police patrols had made the trip to Viktor's building about four times as long as it should have been as they were forced to deviate down back alleys and back roads. If there was anyone in the city who could help them though, it was Viktor.

For Sanina it was no trouble - she felt more invigorated than she had in her entire life - but it had been a grueling ordeal for Riaze. Sanina's hypnosis that had left his mind numb to the pain had long begun to fade, leaving each step more agonizing than the last.

She had an arm around him to keep him on his feet and to allow him a body of support to lean against, a fact that he likely was none too pleased with, but with the police on their trail she hadn't given him much of a say on it. She needed him on his feet and moving.

Should any of the Lessard's lay eyes upon Sanina, they might find her a bit paler, and her eyes a deeper shade of crimson than they remembered... but there was no mistaking her as anyone but Sanina Lessard.

as written by Lobos

How Riaze was still on his feet, if leaning heavily on Sanina, was a miracle. Though the bleeding had finally stopped, his complexion was deathly pale, his attire torn to tatters, ugly, crusted scabs marring his body in more locations than any human would be able to take. The ordeal had taken a grim toll on the lycan, but none so much as the shattering of Abyss.

Riaze felt like someone had torn his soul nearly free of his body then shoved it back inside, all the while crushing his skull in a massive fist. With the return of pain came the flood of agony. Each step had been torture. That they had halted at all at the door was a simple sufferance of torture.

as written by Script

When the door of the house swung open, it wasn't Viktor that stood there. Instead, a younger man in a red jacket, his bright green eyes peering out from behind a curtain of brown hair, came to greet them. Arien leaned lazily on the door-frame for a moment before his eyes dropped to Riaze's heavily injured form and widened slightly. "Who the fuck ..." he began, before he looked back at Sanina. It took him a moment, but a flash of recognition hit him like a slap to the face. "... oh." He hesitated for a moment longer, before stepping back from the door to let them pass. "So ... 'welcome back' doesn't really seem to cut it here."

as written by Tiko

He's been shot," Sanina explained. And more than once by the look of him. "Bring me Viktor," she instructed as she moved past Arien.

As she led Riaze inside, she realized swiftly that something was not right here. The smell of blood was thick in the air. Viktor's, and others as well. Something akin to concern reached the edges of her eyes as she looked upon the sight of Viktor laid out on the couch, resting unconscious.

She moved instead to the sofa, easing Riaze down onto it.

The scent of werewolf was strong from Riaze, but he looked to be in too bad of shape to be any immediate threat. Though once he was well enough to move... well she would address that when the time came. Even months of hypnosis hadn't been near enough to eradicate the werewolves hatred of her kind, and he likely wouldn't take kindly to waking in a house full of vampires.

She would brush her finger tips across Riaze's brow as she crooned softly.

"Rest now..."

Her voice held an almost lyrical and hypnotic note to it as she sought to penetrate into the deep recesses of his mind once more. It was somewhat intrusive, but without medical means of treating Riaze's injuries, it was the only means of pain suppression at their disposal. The light hypnotic gaze of her eyes would ease him towards a state of tranquility if he didn't fight her on it, as it had when she had first delved into his mind and dulled the pain of his injuries.

Back