What did you think about Infinity War? (NO SPOILERS)

Loxius

I've watched it twice. I think it's a phenomenal movie that doesn't follow the traditional Marvel-formula. Thoughts?

It's good because it isn't based on cheap plot tactics, and the ending was a breath of freash air.

Personally I liked it even though my friends weren't too hot on it. Ignoring the whole "They'll bring them back next movie" idea, there was definitely a shock factor in seeing the heroes lose, and the villain feeling so righteous about his cause, just knowing that this was all for the greater good. It left me feeling empty and the lack of music during the credits added to that.

It provides an interesting and very complicated look at Thanos, but it comes out of nowhere compared to what we learn about him from all other entries in the MCU. It was very ambitious, but needed more build up to his ideals.

Personally a really great film. While it’s not my favorite MCU movie (personally I’m still waiting on something to top Civil War), I definitely agree with Hood Rat in that it was a very ambitious piece of filmmaking, and I think that the Russo brothers did the best with what they were attempting to do.

I agree that the movie needed more build-up with Thanos' background.

There were also certain parts of the movie where important plot points happened because, in my opinion, characters were being stupid. Specifically in how Thanos gets certain stones.

I appreciated everything that happened involving Dr. Strange and his Time Stone, including the ending.

In the end, I had mixed feelings. I was glad to have a villain who believed himself to be the hero, and there were certain pieces that I felt were well done, but others that felt less natural or even forced for the sake of plot.

I just love the way Thanos is.He's the Villain, but Thanos believes he's the superhero and everybody else are villains. He's kind of a twisted hero.

Back