What do you look for in a 1x1 search?

I would prefer to have details as well. It's better to understand what they are looking for and then compare it to what you are looking for. If things are too brief it doesn't help in my end and therefore doesn't make me interested enough to contact that person and ask to RP. Though there are times that if there are enough details then I will ask to elaborate, just to see what their limits are or what they are trying to go for.

But that's just me. I'm like that in writing too. The more details the better. I don't like it when people don't put much effort.

i am basically looking for someone who also has around the same interests as i have. and someone where we could put up like the details first (OC or canon doesnt really matter for me) so we can make a proper start and then later if some details are missing, then always be able to ask for that extra bit of information

I look for either chances to improve somewhere in something I'm not especially good with, or to build character. I also look for people with similar interests so I can work with a story or character that I'm unsure of.

This is an interesting question.

Certainly for myself a post can be too long and go off in so many directions that it can be easy to lose track of what the person is looking for in a story. Also plots can be fleshed out to the point that I feel as if I have nothing to contribute. I have found I enjoy the story most when we both bring something to the plot line rather than where I am simply filling a predefined role. I respect a poster that embeds deeper detail behind the /spoiler allowing me to access it if I wish, but allowing me to move on to another possible plot idea if that particular plot idea does not appeal to me.

On the other end of course is the post that contains simply a sentence or 2. When I read this my initial reaction is of someone who has no idea what they want to write about and is simply fishing for a good idea. Now that certainly is not a bad thing! I have met a several wonderful partners that way since they were very open to ideas that I had at the time.

Overall though I prefer a post that contains more information rather than less. If it is concise then so much the better!

Both? Can we get both?

I open a 1x1 search thread and these are the first things I look for:
- Where they RP (threads, PMs, etc)
- How long they normally take to post
- Any requirements of the type of partner they're looking for (must be fe/male, word minimums, that sort of thing).

If I don't like those 3 things, then I don't bother with the rest of the thread. If I DO like those three things, then I am happy to read novels of information.

My problem with most 1x1s (on other forums, at least, not sure about the norm for this one yet) is that people seem to hide the important 3 details in their mountains of text. I don't want to read your whole bio just to figure out that I can't RP with you.

I like putting details. But having too much can be overwhelming so I use the SPOILER tag to keep requests clean. I also use special emojis/emoticons to show which ones I'm particularly craving.

For my request thread, I usually write details for these:
  • What to expect from me
  • Who I'm looking for (the writer)
  • What I'm craving for - story prompts, pairings, fandoms
Of course, this means I also look for the same in my possible partner. That way, it's easier to see if I've found a good match.

When I'm looking for a partner I usually use the following to help me out, which is practically the same as the user above me, but I use spoiler and bold to denote whether or not I want a particular story setting at the current time.

Honestly if shipping/romance is expected or the premise I back out.

Hmmm. I would say I would first look at the rupee themselves. Are they active? Yes, then okay I may consider it. If I can get an idea of what true have in mind and what they don’t do, that helps me match if I will get along with this person and want to rp. Same interests or close enough you know? How are they in other threads? I may go look to see how they interact in a s our of character? If they are a jerk out of character then no.

Mainly I look at genres, post limits/requirements and go from there

Back