Resolved/Answered What does “PG-13” mean?

Cornflower Returns

I’m John Laurens in the place to be
So, I know this sounds like an absurd question, but it has been bothering me. Some PG-13 movies are almost on the R-rated scale, while other movies are almost too tame to have the rating. Are we looking for a happy medium or something else? And PG-13 includes suggestive mentions, but I have a feeling those may not be allowed on roleplays here. PG-13 is a general statement, so where on the scale do limits for this website fall: Tame or Mature?

Suggestive mentions would fall under 'generally allowed with no restriction' category. Roleplays that contain explicit details, like a written sex scene, or graphically written violence and more mature themes should be tagged with a 'mature themes' tag so people can avoid the content if they wish, but are also permissible. Generally speaking if your roleplay toes the line and you're not sure which side it falls on, you can always add a mature themes tag if you wish, and then limit specific areas in your roleplays rules if you say... want extreme violence, but not sexual content. You're also welcome to add the mature theme tag if you think that kind of content might arise, even if in the end it doesn't. It's just a warning for other people, not a contractual obligation.

What we don't allow is erotica essentially. Snap shot sex scenes with the purpose of driving a story? Fine as long as the roleplay is marked mature. Very detailed and graphically written sex scenes going into anatomic detail and describing various sex acts with the intent to arouse the writers/reader isn't okay. Nothing personal against that kind of writing, but it's generally just not a good idea to allow younger users on a website that also allow that kind of writing, and we had to pick one or the other. We leaned in favor of being open to everyone.

Last edited:
Back