What is the best part of roleplaying?

KANdragonart

The Six Lands
For me, it is the creative process and the relationships built. You have an original character that you create. But eventually, you become that person as you roleplay. You think as they do, eat what they eat, sleep how they sleep, they become something real. You can make anyone or anything you want. You can make them someone/something you aspire to become. As you roleplay you meet other people with amazing roleplay skills and you become partners or group members of creativity. Not only do you become friends (or enemies depending on the roleplay) in the roleplay but also in real life.

My favorite part of roleplaying is that we aren't limited like we are in the real world. Our characters can be the polar opposite of us or look different or maybe IRL you have a disability, but in roleplays, you don't have to-you can be whatever you want. Fantasy roleplays, especially.
(I know there are rules to all roleplays, but the point is that there's a sense of creativity to it.)

I feel that roleplaying is an extension of my imagination and personas and A mix of imaginary play and writing. I love depth characters and events can have when people are truly immersed, even if the setting itself is meh A good storyteller/GM can create an immersive experience for everyone and that's what I feel roleplay is all about. I feel roleplaying can show us things about ourselves we never knew.

I feel that roleplaying is an extension of my imagination and personas and A mix of imaginary play and writing. I love depth characters and events can have when people are truly immersed, even if the setting itself is meh A good storyteller/GM can create an immersive experience for everyone and that's what I feel roleplay is all about. I feel roleplaying can show us things about ourselves we never knew.
Yes!!! I agree!

My favorite part of roleplaying is that we aren't limited like we are in the real world. Our characters can be the polar opposite of us or look different or maybe IRL you have a disability, but in roleplays, you don't have to-you can be whatever you want. Fantasy roleplays, especially.
(I know there are rules to all roleplays, but the point is that there's a sense of creativity to it.)
Yes! Exactly!

I love the fact that strangers can come together and create a fascinating story-line that has an unlimited amount of options and endings based on the character's choices. I also enjoy the fact that roleplaying allows your well-planned creations to come to life and even go through character development along the way.

I love the fact that strangers can come together and create a fascinating story-line that has an unlimited amount of options and endings based on the character's choices. I also enjoy the fact that roleplaying allows your well-planned creations to come to life and even go through character development along the way.
Me too :p. But i also love developing the characters the most. Especially their personality!

Mine is actually yours, OP. If I can co create a great story with another RPer, I can always come up with new arcs for my fanfiction. Also, I basically become my story. It's why my profile pic is a strange emblem, I made it because it's a certain family crest from my story.

I really enjoy meeting fellow writers that enjoy the plot as much as I do. They show the same amount of committment and excitement as me. When it comes to the actual writing I tend to enjoy when the characters first meet and have their relationship grow. Its also very fun to see the plot that you and someone else made unravel itself. The amount of flexibility there is in writing is rather astonishing

Mine has to be developed relationships your character makes along the way. It is just soooooo cool to me, seeing your character grow over the course of a story.

I love the character interactions the most. I've always loved making characters, and watching how they interact with each other. I think that's one of the things I love so much about RPs. You get interactions full of comedy, drama, emotion, romance and so much more.

I also like how roleplaying lets you get into the mind of your character and live a life other than your own. Sometimes real life can be boring at times. This year is a prime example of that. I've had to stay inside my house for most of the year as a result of the pandemic, so I've barely had any chances to have social interactions and talk to people. But roleplaying lets you play a character who doesn't have that problem, someone who can talk to people, make friends, fall in love, etc.

I think I like how roleplaying lets me experience life through the eyes of my characters, and how I can enjoy watching them interact with different people, make friends, rivals, fall in love, it's all there. Writing a story alone is nice, but you don't get the same feeling of social interaction when everyone your characters interact with are your own characters.

Also, roleplaying allow you to share your creativity with someone else, it allows both of you to get excited over something you're passionate about, something you're creating together. I love writing, but what I love more than writing is to share what I write with other people, see how they react to it, what they think about it, and see them get excited about it as well. Roleplaying gives you all of that and much more.

There's a lot to love about this strange and yet not so strange hobby we all share but two things immediately come to mind.

One, I love the collaboration. I love creating my own world and characters and then bouncing those ideas off of other people to see what they do with them. The reason so many writers use test readers is because they want different perspectives that can allow them to look at the same idea in a new way that they might not have noticed otherwise.

And two, I really love creating characters and then adapting them to the story. No matter how detailed I think I am in my character creation or how well I think I know them before starting the actual role play, I will inevitably come across some scenario, plot twist, or other character type that I hadn't considered and will now have to determine how my character would react to this without straying from the personality type I've already established (or better yet how this might change them as a person).

The best part of roleplaying is the story created. It doesn't just revolve around your character, but everyone's characters. It is turning the real world into a game, forming everyone's personal stories into one big story. The story of humanity. The fact that you can add non existent things can help build the story, and I also like that. And with roleplay, your personalities can speak out. Sometimes, like in my case, it can even form other personalities. But in sense, I am saying that my favorite part of roleplaying is roleplaying, so I have to say that my favorite part of roleplaying is that it basically tells you who the person you are roleplaying with is.

I think the best part is watching your creation grow through the interactions and events of a roleplay.

Something along those lines happened in the last Pathfinder campagne I played with my friends:
The gods were actively playing around in the world and causing suffering and destruction, but in recent years (1k years or so) they slowly lessened their grip on the world. Insert our group which fights to eliminate the influence of the gods on this world. One PC hated the gods and evil stuff. You could say he was a righteous guy, that wanted freedom for everyone and to protect the mortals from the gods. (shortened a long character to the outlines)
My character was a human and later transformed into an immortal and she was sealed the last 1k years. She once created an empire which was spared from the whims of the gods. To ensure that she would always be there to protect her people, she searched for a the secret to immortality. An evil god tricked her into sacrificing a let's just say large number of infants to gain immortality and protect her people from the chaotic world. Note here nations and continents were destroyed and created on a daily base in the setting, her empire was one of the very few exceptions which came from her personal power. Should she die millions upon millions of her people would die. So she did it and was later in an uprising sealed.

Back to the current time, the other PC got the information that my character sacrificed 100k infants. The whole thing was explained as it was a moral dilemma: Kill 100k or sentence millions upon millions upon millions to death? She choose the 'lesser' sacrifice which resulted in the destruction of her empire. All in all her decission ended in the same ending, except that she is still alive.

How would a righeous guy react to that? (The face of the player was simply the best, since he didn't want to metagame and had no idea of the background :D) Is it still evil if it is done to ensure the safety and prosperity of the majority? What is good? What is evil? Those were the question that the character needed to think about. I can't really wait for the next sessions :D

To return to the topic: The growth of the creation, be it universe, nation or single character. That is the best.

The character I play is not me, which is a good thing, it allows me to see them from an objective, 3rd person point of view. That way I can more easily dissect their character and conclude how they would behave in certain situations, without making them look like a self-insert. Plainly enough, the character is not an extension of my own personality, but my creativity.

My favorite part about roleplaying is the story that is created. When it's so good that you're anxiously waiting for the other person's reply to see what's going to happen next, or when you find something else to add that makes the story better. It's like easting a damn good steak.

My favorite part about roleplaying is the story that is created. When it's so good that you're anxiously waiting for the other person's reply to see what's going to happen next, or when you find something else to add that makes the story better. It's like easting a damn good steak.

For me, it's also the story created. I agree with you completely, it's really nice when you can be anxiously waiting for a reply to know how their character(s) will react.

The best part of role-playing to me is the fact of being able to step j to the shoes of the charecters you creat, or in some cases play of you are a gamer as well. The story that flows from role-playing is also something else I enjoy. The way charecters interact on different levels from hating one another to becoming friends. Even the fight that can exist within a character. All in all I enjoy all aspects of role-playing.

Back