What is the weirdest thing you've seen at work?

__Flatline___

She Who Must Not Be Named
I dunno if there was a thread like this somewhere already but anyway what is the weirdest thing you've seen at work?

This is especially fun if you've ever worked in retail. XD I have seen a lot of weird things but this is one situation that sticks out in my mind.

I used to work at Walmart and one night had to use the girl's room. Well, I went in and did my business then when I opened my stall there was a woman standing at the sinks, naked from the waist down covered in feces. Our eyes met and I slowly backed into my stall, closing the door. She was at the sink nearest me and I didn't want to A. Try to squeeze past her to the next available sink or B. Stand there awkwardly with all of her nude shame.

Well after a moment I heard her stall door close signaling that the coast was clear, I emerged and as quickly as possible began to wash my hands. Once I was done doing that and drying my hands, she again walked out of her stall still half-naked covered in poo.

I was thoroughly traumatized.

I worked in a Target when one of those protests about the gender neutral bathrooms happened. The people were marching through the stores holding signs and chanting shit about how we're sinners and we're allowing rapists in our stores.

I just wanted to get paid and go home that day.

A customer walked right in the backroom where we kept the televisions, took one, and proceeded to go to customer service to 'return' it without a 'receipt'.

I do some part time work at a wedding venue, which means I encounter drunk wedding guests often. I've been flirted with by drunk married women double my age and have seen some hilarious accidents occur. Though, the best was witnessing a group of about 5 men trying to figure out which beers were theirs. They were all drinking the same thing, and they all left their beers in the same spot when they went to take a group pee break.

Weirdest thing i've seen is a guy come in looking to trade in his Corvette (I work at a dealership as a new car cleaner). I was up in the showroom with my boss at the time when we both looked and saw a salesman freak out and get out of said Corvette apparently due to a grenade rolling out from under the passenger side seat. At that point my boss told me to leave and I learned later that the guy pulled a gun but they managed to talk him into lowering it. Then all the police showed up...

Hmm. Not sure anything can top the poo-covered woman in the public restroom *shudder-cringe* or the guy who pulled gun, next to those, my weird experience is pretty tame. I work at a dance school, and one class was held up for 15 minutes panicking over a newcomer to the studio - a mouse. The girls were freaked out and sorry for it all at the same time. They didn't want to go near to try and trap it in something, couldn't bear the idea of putting it outside where it might freeze or starve, and it eventually ran and hid in my boss's shoe. She is scarred for life. Lol. We ended up calling on someone else to remove the mouse, and didn't tell the little girls what would or might happen to it. I found that pretty hilarious. What a reason for a class coming to a standstill.

I've worked in several different occupations. Some of them more exciting than others, but I will say that some of the strangest things really do happen in retail. A few years back I was standing behind the counter filing some stuff when this lady walked into the store, went to the scented product aisle, spritzed herself with a perfume or something several times. (It was slightly irritating because we didn't have test bottles, so she was just helping herself to a product someone else was going to buy later.) The smell of perfume wafted through the aisles and over to my counter and it only got stronger the closer she got. Her hair was messed up and she looked like her makeup needed a little touch up. To make it all worse she asked for the morning after pill. It wasn't a single occurrence either.

All I have to say is that there were a few funny instances regarding the sale of the morning after pill. Such as the teenage guy that came in and asked for one and then told me it wasn't for him, it was for his girl friend. I just smiled and nodded. Laughed after he left.

Back