What is the WORST thing to do on a roleplay site?

My worst is being constantly reminded/nagged to post in something. Honestly it makes me want to rp with someone less out of spite if they do that. I'm more than willing to give heads up if I'm going to vanish (nowadays at least, since before I was a very flaky person Im ashamed to admit), so trying to guilt me or be passive-aggressive about me not posting will pretty much guarantee I won't be rping with you very much in the future.

the worst thing for me would probably be using things you as the writer know about your partners character, like something about their history or their likes/dislikes, in roleplay, eventhough your character cant possibly know these things in the rp. Its one of the reasons I try to keep the information I give my partners to a minimum. Finding stuff out about your characters is half the fun of the roleplay, whats the point of telling me everything beforehand, especially if our characters have never met?

Personally? I think one of the worst things would have to be people that don't fully dedicate themselves to a multi-ship relationship. What I mean by that is people that have multiple love relationships with people's characters, and don't distribute equal attention to all partners. I had a few situations where someone pays more attention to their first partner and practically ignore the others involved. I've even seen situations where people in a multi-ship don't even know about the other romances, and are kept in the dark. It's truly horrible to witness.

In my experience, it's dissing an entire genre of RP like fantasy/sci-fi/slice of life and so on.

Not wishing to RP in that kind of particular setting/genre is fine and should be respected. But going out of one's way to drag it down/say how much you DON'T care for it simply feels like a shot against those who do enjoy those settings and creates unnecessary hostility.

I'd say it's partners that believe that you're writing your character as yourself, then make a scene when you give other partners that you're writing with attention. </3
I feel like it's mostly people who are just getting into roleplaying that do that, but it's still always an awkward conversation. XD;

Back