What is the WORST thing to do on a roleplay site?

I could be surprised about the rape treat, but why i'm not? because civil manners are unknow on some communities, i get frequently insulted (no matter about what, country included) just because i said what i frankly think about a whole community, like it's full of sex-crazed..

then again, i don't like when a player act like they are "a supreme god and give no damn to respect, so they can act like they want", they do nothing but ridiculizing themselves.

I met so much of it that i can give up, but i have decided to give to the whole RP-thing a chance, maybe to meeting a good community like the one i went in 2013.

Also, its made me upset when some use the "it's fictionnal", while bullying, harrassing a randomn user, trying to slander them.. it's no longer "fictionnal" if they do that out of character..
If I'm being honest, the moderator pissed me off more than the guy himself.
He was frequently causing trouble and quite a few people were complaining about him, but the instant I complained (I was one of the most well-known people on the site) I got banned.
It's just disappointing in the community that the other admins of the site gave someone who got so easily offended any power st all, I could say "I don't like some people on this site" and probably get banned for it, because according to her, anything more rude than "screw you" is a bannable offence.

Last edited:
In all honesty, i had this problem only one time, when a guy harrassed without ending a great friend, fortunately, we were a lot to react.. and a lot to get banned, he managed to report all of our publications, while him.. his posts were reportable.

the staff were bots (a bad idea), they didn't bothered checking our posts, no, that was directly a ban.. while him get scott-free (due to his young age)..

quite ironic when there is the "we are a friendly community", and stuff like this happen..

What really annoys me is when I write up a really good starter, but time and effort into it, make it a few paragraphs long, all descriptive and the like, and I get a single sentence back. It doesn't happen often, but it really grates me when it does happen.

I think one of the worst things to do is when people's characters interact, and fight or w/e while being I/C and the person gets pissed at you in real life. Like, you walk into a scene and do something and they come to yell at you. I'm like, ...dude. No.

This may have already been discussed, but I believe getting overly involved emotionally in an RP can be fairly detrimental. When you get overly attached to a character or their relationships within a RP, it's very easy to work out in your head preemptively where you want the RP to go and what you want for that character. But since a collaborative story has the potential to go anywhere at any time, this may cause you to be less and less accepting of other people's choices and writing. And if you become sensitive and emotional over something that you disagree with in the RP, or you try to do something inappropriate or non-conducive to the RP to get what you want, this just results in an unpleasant experience for everyone. I'm not really saying people shouldn't care about their characters, but taking things personally and becoming too involved can be problematic too. I guess that's all pretty obvious, though x_x Sorry for pointless contribution...

This may have already been discussed, but I believe getting overly involved emotionally in an RP can be fairly detrimental. When you get overly attached to a character or their relationships within a RP, it's very easy to work out in your head preemptively where you want the RP to go and what you want for that character. But since a collaborative story has the potential to go anywhere at any time, this may cause you to be less and less accepting of other people's choices and writing. And if you become sensitive and emotional over something that you disagree with in the RP, or you try to do something inappropriate or non-conducive to the RP to get what you want, this just results in an unpleasant experience for everyone. I'm not really saying people shouldn't care about their characters, but taking things personally and becoming too involved can be problematic too.
It's sometimes tough to find the right level of caring. Too much and, well, everything you said. Too little results in people acting in lolsorandumb ways because they don't feel connected to the consequences. Way too little results in people just leaving of course.
Sorry for pointless contribution...
Incorrect, I enjoyed it.

This may have already been discussed, but I believe getting overly involved emotionally in an RP can be fairly detrimental. When you get overly attached to a character or their relationships within a RP, it's very easy to work out in your head preemptively where you want the RP to go and what you want for that character. But since a collaborative story has the potential to go anywhere at any time, this may cause you to be less and less accepting of other people's choices and writing. And if you become sensitive and emotional over something that you disagree with in the RP, or you try to do something inappropriate or non-conducive to the RP to get what you want, this just results in an unpleasant experience for everyone. I'm not really saying people shouldn't care about their characters, but taking things personally and becoming too involved can be problematic too. I guess that's all pretty obvious, though x_x Sorry for pointless contribution...

I met a lot who were too much attached to the relationship of two characters, that was really annoying, i was forced into romance and.. smut, but when i get yelled "just because my role don't show 'enough romance'", in situations like that, forget the collaboration, it's impossible..

Over powered characters drive me batty. It's annoying when people think they're character is the best of the best and the highest of all time. Makes me scream I swear. Even in video games lmfao.

Over powered characters drive me batty. It's annoying when people think they're character is the best of the best and the highest of all time. Makes me scream I swear. Even in video games lmfao.

Well, most fandoms are affected by that, i came accross a lot of OCs who were better than the canon himself/herself, i don't understand how it's possible..

i can play as *said character*, i had someone who had a superior character, that was.... annoying..

Yeah, like they can master everything with a snap of fingers, each characters can be good and bad at something, when it's too much perfect or god-like, heh.. i can feel you.

In my opinion, the absolutely worst thing you could do is be an ass. If you decide not to put forth the effort in communicating civilly about what you think may be problem areas, but instead, bitch and complain constantly instead of putting forth the effort to try and resolve the problem or work with others to come up with a solution, I'm sorry, but you need to get out of my roleplay. I can't stand aggressive, disruptive people- especially after I've given them more than enough chances to hopefully improve.

In my opinion, the absolutely worst thing you could do is be an ass. If you decide not to put forth the effort in communicating civilly about what you think may be problem areas, but instead, bitch and complain constantly instead of putting forth the effort to try and resolve the problem or work with others to come up with a solution, I'm sorry, but you need to get out of my roleplay. I can't stand aggressive, disruptive people- especially after I've given them more than enough chances to hopefully improve.
Same here, aggressive people are just a waste of time, the ones i met tought they were better than anyone else because either they write more and stab the other 'because they aren't professionnal' enough for them, if they can't ask nicely to someone to trying to match their lenghts, instead of yelling, that could be great.

Same here, aggressive people are just a waste of time, the ones i met tought they were better than anyone else because either they write more and stab the other 'because they aren't professionnal' enough for them, if they can't ask nicely to someone to trying to match their lenghts, instead of yelling, that could be great.

Same. Another thing that really irks me is when someone puts forth the effort to correct the problem and apologizes for the mistake, then the aggressive person still complains regardless.

Same. Another thing that really irks me is when someone puts forth the effort to correct the problem and apologizes for the mistake, then the aggressive person still complains regardless.
I do love how some communities like to put people in the ground, also, that remain to me two unworthy community where people are elitists as hell, am i the only who think that the hatred of one-liners isn't justified? like.. not everyone live in the same country, nor do speak 'a perfect *insert language*', but hey.. a RP is not a contest, it's about fun, new stories..

I do love how some communities like to put people in the ground, also, that remain to me two unworthy community where people are elitists as hell, am i the only who think that the hatred of one-liners isn't justified? like.. not everyone live in the same country, nor do speak 'a perfect *insert language*', but hey.. a RP is not a contest, it's about fun, new stories..

Well, I think it's more just everyone has different preferences. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion regarding roleplaying- no one is right or wrong when it comes to whether or not someone dislikes one liners. It's simply a preference that doesn't need to be justified. :)

Still, not everyone can match the lenght of the partner, i would understand they don't want to be bored, but treating the other like crap, just for a little thing, no..just...no,

i remember having a RP with someone who wanted to learn french, even if our lenghts didn't matched, we had a nice story,

So yes, this hatred should be explained, instead of just saying 'because they are f boring',
no kidding, i came accross a lot who were like that, this attitude is questionnable, a RP should be fun, making the other feeling bad is not.

For a regular member, it's creating an atmosphere that is unwelcoming to others, putting others down, trying to draw people into arguments, bullying people over the type of characters they create, cutting people out of rps, ignoring people.

(Of course, admins and moderators can do the above, too, which is worse than when a regular member does it.)

For admins and moderators I would say that the worst thing you can do is expect regular members to follow rules that you layout, but don't follow themselves, not posting ic for months and months on end... That means that you're not really interested in the site at all anymore. I say that because I am a member of a forum where the admins and mods are like that and it's made me loose interest in the site. (Even worse, is when they play characters that are important to yours, but you don't get anything from them.) Eventually, the site will die.

For a regular member, it's creating an atmosphere that is unwelcoming to others, putting others down, trying to draw people into arguments, bullying people over the type of characters they create, cutting people out of rps, ignoring people.

(Of course, admins and moderators can do the above, too, which is worse than when a regular member does it.)

For admins and moderators I would say that the worst thing you can do is expect regular members to follow rules that you layout, but don't follow themselves, not posting ic for months and months on end... That means that you're not really interested in the site at all anymore. I say that because I am a member of a forum where the admins and mods are like that and it's made me loose interest in the site. (Even worse, is when they play characters that are important to yours, but you don't get anything from them.) Eventually, the site will die.

That is really terrible and I know three sites that are just like that. But I know this has been said already I am sure, but the worst thing for me is starting what could be a great role play and the partner just drops off the face of the world without a word or even so much as a warning. It's only polite to at least tell the person you are role playing with that you are leaving for whatever reason. Just very rude and annoying when people do that.

Back