What is your favorite video game?

Are you a boy or a girl who enjoys playing videogames?

• Total voters

IamKitKat

I am a fan of many, many, MANY, videogames. I enjoy Skyrim, Fallout, and etc. Are there any suggestions you would give anyone with similar interests in games?

Well, I myself love both games you mentioned above. If you're into RPGs with a good story I would recommend Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. It takes place in LA 2004 and was made the same year, it definitely shows its age in the graphics department but that's my only complaint about it. If you were to get it on Steam you would want to get the Unofficial Patch, the developers were rushed to put it on the shelves and as such the vanilla game is a buggy mess. The plus patch fixes pretty much everything and is still being updated today.

It's about the vampiric powers in LA and their squabbles over a mysterious artifact that has a potential to destroy the world. Naturally everyone wants it for themselves and it's up to your newly turned vampire to do everyone's dirty work.

It's a video game based off the table top RPG, the lore is expansive, the characters fun (if you play, keep your eyes out for Gary who is my personal favorite), and the ways around puzzles neat.

Aside from that, I'd also recommend Oblivion.

Any other sorts of genres you like? My two ideas are RPGs but I also have platformers, beat 'em ups, metroidvanias, and shooters.

But to answer your title question: my all time favorite game is Okami which is also finally hitting steam after like eleven years.

Well, I myself love both games you mentioned above. If you're into RPGs with a good story I would recommend Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. It takes place in LA 2004 and was made the same year, it definitely shows its age in the graphics department but that's my only complaint about it. If you were to get it on Steam you would want to get the Unofficial Patch, the developers were rushed to put it on the shelves and as such the vanilla game is a buggy mess. The plus patch fixes pretty much everything and is still being updated today.

It's about the vampiric powers in LA and their squabbles over a mysterious artifact that has a potential to destroy the world. Naturally everyone wants it for themselves and it's up to your newly turned vampire to do everyone's dirty work.

It's a video game based off the table top RPG, the lore is expansive, the characters fun (if you play, keep your eyes out for Gary who is my personal favorite), and the ways around puzzles neat.

Aside from that, I'd also recommend Oblivion.

Any other sorts of genres you like? My two ideas are RPGs but I also have platformers, beat 'em ups, metroidvanias, and shooters.

But to answer your title question: my all time favorite game is Okami which is also finally hitting steam after like eleven years.

Vampire Masquerade has been on my wishlist ever since Cryoatic played it on his channel. I also have Oblivion, I just bought it because my computer can finally run it. I really enjoy games that allows you to create your own character, I think those are amazing!

My favorite game would probably be Skyrim, just because of the sheer amount of play time. Besides Oblvion however, I don't know if there's been a game quiet like it with an active modding community and replayability.

I guess the next closest thing would be Dragon's Age inquisition, but that might not quiet be a replacement for it.

Any game that dont make me cringe, thinking "what a piece of shalow bulshit", vhen I see the trailer. And those are very, very few. I'l play a good RPG (note, GOOD rpg, not world of warcaft-type crap), or a mix of shooter/RPG vith a good story, like Fallout or Deus Ex.

Basicly, the game has to be awesome, to make me want to invest any time in it.

I am an old school gamer. Every game I love is from the PS2 era, with honorable mentions from the Gamecube and the DS. My favorite is probably Kingdom Hearts though. I love the Final Fantasy franchise (to a point. Looking at you anything after XII), so the combination with the Disney worlds is wonderful for me.

I loved Oblivion and Dragon Age: Origins, which are the only ones I've been able to get my hands on in their respective series. I played the first Fallout game back in the day and loved it and I'm currently playing Fallout: New Vegas. These are the kinds of games I love. Something I'd definitely recommend is Assassin's Creed. Like all of them, even though I've only played through the first three. I think they're great.

Like PrincessofHeart, I also really really love the Kingdom Hearts series. It's one of my absolute favourite game series, and I love the mix of originality with Disney. I'm also super into the Assassin's Creed games (finished Origins this week and boy oh boy did I have fun playing it. The side-quests were just as good as the main quests). I'm actually replaying AC1, and have recently replayed AC2.

I also played Persona 5 this year and had a super fun time playing that! It was my first Persona game and even though it was l o n g, it was very enjoyable.

When I was younger, I used to play this FPS game called Unreal Tournament. I actually haven't met other people who used to play it, but it was one of my favourites.​

Loads of female representation, nice! I usually feel like the odd duck for playing videogames...
Anywho.
I like Skyrim (you can never put that in the past) and Fallout. I got Vampire Bloodlines in my library but haven't played it yet! In the RPG, I did love Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 1&2 (haven't played the other titles of these franchises).
Otherwise, I like myself some RTS, with Total War and Civilisation being my two go-to.

It's hard to narrow down a single favorite but if I had to make a small list...
  • Mega Man X
  • Uncharted series
  • Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Deus Ex
  • Mass Effect 2

Aside from some of the aforementioned titles such as The Elder Scrolls and Fallout I like FIFA and I think I’m the only one here who’s gonna say COD but I only play for zombies and quickscoping cuz that’s basically where I started gaming (besides GameCube, ds, gameboy). Besides that the original Battlefront games were the shit and Battlefield kicks COD’s ass in graphics. Halo also was good when I was younger though it’s kinda forced now but the originals were fun and had a quality plot. And finally, both Xcom games and State of Decay provided a lot of entertainment and replayability.

There are WAY too many games I recommend playing! Here's just a select few of them!

bayonetta-2.jpg

1796960-box_scalibur2.png

ps2_637.jpg

1096840512-00.jpg

crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-review.jpg.optimal.jpg

I don't know why but I have a feeling I am the only one who doesn't have a Playstation or an Xbox.
Anyway my two favorite games are Legend of Zelda and Splatoon...
Rpg games are my favorite and LoZ on the top of my list. Splatoon is more like a kid friendly shooting game, which I really like. It kind of reminds me of paintball, only with a lot of paint and that you can use brushes to kill someone. I don't know why exactly I like it so much.

Favorite JRPGs: Wild ARMS 3 - the single best entry in this Weird West mixed with science fiction roleplaying series, with the best story-line, character personalities, and gameplay to create the perfect Desert Punk game in my opinion. The whole setting works well as a fantasy world except given the aesthetics and sensibilities of a gun-toting frontier with railroads being one of the few methods of connecting far flung outposts and villages of civilizations with each other and the ruins of a land on the brink of collapse, all while the storyline and characters do their best to approach the usual fare of the JRPG genre and shake it up a bit to put a unique spin on things.

Persona 5 - seriously, do I need to explain why I love this game? Since Persona 3, each game has steadily improved upon the past games and innovated in its own when it comes to this modern fantasy JRPG series - whereas Persona 3's dungeon gameplay was a right pain in the ass to dig through to get to the story due to random party actions and brutal difficulties and 4's gameplay was held back only by the occasionally aggravating and twisting dungeon, 5 made the choice to create set dungeons that perfectly encapsulate each one of their creators's mindsets while still having random generation for the optional (but highly recommended for training and side-quests) dungeon. Persona 3 had hit or miss social links that, while nice when they worked, certainly had some solid duds, and 4 had only one expressly bad social link that was a yawn, 5 set up its social links perfectly with all of their characters being enjoyable to interact with and get to know.

Dragon Quest VIII - the absolute best of the classic, granddaddy JRPG series with one of the best remakes I've ever seen for an already superb game. Simple but still engaging narrative, great personalities in your party members (Angelo's a manhoe, but I love him all the same), and excellent, refined gameplay that gets the formula right for a JRPG. The 3DS fixes up some the more annoying bits of the game, along with adding an additional two team members to your party and additional side quests you can partake in, all while leaving the underlying core of enjoyable content in perfect shape.

Favorite Action RPGs: Bloodborne and Witcher 3, hands down, though for very different yet strangely reasons. Witcher 3 nails down the idea of playing a role given to you as a player and actor in the game's events; you are Geralt of Rivia, choosing the course of events and deciding who lives and who dies, all while making the most important decision of your life, whether you should play another round of Gwent or finally hunt down the werewolf who devoured his own wife. The mechanics of the game remind you that you are, despite the mutations of being a Witcher, still a man, necessitating that you seek every advantage through investigation and preparation to hunt down the quarry you hunt, whether it be a mad king who enjoys the sound of blood draining or a vampiric foe preying upon the poor through his position. Bloodborne, likewise, serves to emphasize your role in the often unspoken narrative of its world; a poor soul who came for salvation from disease, yet forced to endure a seemingly endless night of terror and bloodshed as you gradually become numb to the Hunt's horrors and even relish the depraved acts of brutality you engage in. A gothic setting that emphasizes the Lovecraftian beasts gazing down upon you, slowly driving you towards a madness of either feral hunting or transformation into one of their kind, creating the perfect grim atmosphere for a journey to seek freedom from the nightmare you've found yourself in.

Favorite Strategy Games: Red Alert 2 - better to be dead than red, but what's even better than that? Fighting the Reds in an alternate timeline where Hitler never rose to power because Einstein went back in time to kill him, leaving the Soviets to grow in power as the West watched in worry. Cue an ongoing cold turned brutally war as GIs and conscripts fight throughout Europe, America, and even on the moon as their nations build super weapons that control the freaking weather, all while a evil mastermind manipulates the events behind the scenes, waiting for his chance to strike as you, the commander, lead your chosen side to victory over the other.

Nobunaga's Ambition - I make it a point to pick up every release and expansion for this series that comes out in English, just because I can't get enough of glorious conquest during the Sengoku Jidai. The Iron Triangle is almost certainly the best given the chance to completely alter history by having folks like Nobunaga not die at their stated point or by having clans splinter or remain strong through simple choices made when such events might occur, but none of the games I've had for this series have ever really disappointed me. Sphere of Influence with its Ascension expansion has really been a blast since you've been able to play the game from the unique perspective of an officer working their way up in rank, leading to new potential scenarios and challenges as you seek to unite Japan through diplomacy or bloody conquest.

Valkyria Chronicles - Holy shit, a strategy RPG like Fire Emblem (another favorite, but won't be the list because of VC here) but mixed with strong shooter gameplay with a strong narrative, challenging gameplay, and a likable cast of soldiers that make you want to save them every time (except Rosie, there's a point that she finally just gets unbearable with her rudeness and is only redeemed by certain plot spoilers). An HD remake that allows me to play it on my PS4 whenever I want? What's not to love here? The only way Valkyria Chronicles could be any better is if we got the second and third games in English and on a home console, because we need more of the good times with this series - Azure Revolution can die in a hole though.

Blood Bowl 2 - Literally, fantasy football in the Warhammer 40k universe where the chance for death is ever present for both your and the enemies' players. You can have a dwarf on a giant lawnmower run over and grind up an Ork boy - why would you ever hate this concept or the game that has it in it? It at the very least changes up the monotony of playing the latest Madden release and keeps you from supporting EA, so why not give it a try at some point.

rsz_maxresdefault.jpg

(But in all seriousness, my favorite game of all time is Chrono Cross. Chrono Trigger is fabulous too.)

My list of favorite video games is constantly changing, with new one's being discovered or falling out of grace. At the moment, my favorite games are Mass Effect (the trilogy + Andromeda) the Dragon Age games, the Halo games, Far Cry 3 to Primal and Pokémon.

I mostly play on Xbox, and I love fighting games. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Tekken, DOA, all of it. Each has their own special set of characters and learning their moves just feels so satisfying.

Back