What is your greatest weakness as a role player?

I hate hate hate hate hate making characters. Not only am I bad at it but I find it to be the worst part of a rp. When ever I make a character I feel like there super simple compared to other peoples. So my weakness is I can't and don't like making characters.

My weakness would be the language. English isn't my mother tongue, so sometimes I'm stuck trying to explain the vivid picture of a scene in my head but it just doesn't come out right in English, maybe I can't find the perfect word and sometimes I feel like I have to settle for something else or change the sentence altogether.

Sometimes I feel my characters fall flat, or lean too heavily on tropes. I have to check myself on occasion to make sure I'm not regurgitating the same basic stuff. Also, fight scenes. Movement is hard.

I hate hate hate hate hate making characters. Not only am I bad at it but I find it to be the worst part of a rp. When ever I make a character I feel like there super simple compared to other peoples. So my weakness is I can't and don't like making characters.

I am the exact opposite: I can't stop making characters! I have a whole notebook filled with character lore, art, and concepts that I'll never get to use, even if I'm in 50+ roleplays!
(And Marron, if you ever want inspiration, we can always bounce ideas back and forth. And who ever said simple was boring?)

I am the exact opposite: I can't stop making characters! I have a whole notebook filled with character lore, art, and concepts that I'll never get to use, even if I'm in 50+ roleplays!
(And Marron, if you ever want inspiration, we can always bounce ideas back and forth. And who ever said simple was boring?)

Me. Simple has already been done. I want to inspire not re-create.

Edit: I would love to talk to you about ideas

Okay, so how do you make simple not boring?

One example: I have a stereotypical tragic backstory character. They are not one ounce edgy, in fact really childlike and cute!
Something else that can help: Make characters that you can relate to. Pick a memory or a way you act, then add a few filler puzzle pieces in there! Example: I find it easier to write up creative characters (whether it be instrumental, singing, literature, or otherwise).

See I try to stay away from tropes and clichés. Period. I don make a basic and character and fix it. That's more work for me. I just try to make my character original (or I try, I'm good at making unique plots, not characters). I also try to add my emotions into it so the whole rp is like a vent but also a story. That's why almost all my characters are Abused, not around parents often, self-conscious, anxious etc. So it's original. Because I'm one of a kind (unless I have a doppelgänger..ew) so the character is original. I also alter personalities so there never the same. Sorry, this probably made zero sense.

No, I understand. Just keep in mind that life isn't all Doom and Gloom and Tragedy. Yes, characters need a flaw or two, but sometimes playing something out of your comfort zone can give you experience and let you know what you like and don't like in making a character. Try a template! Try going in blind! Limit yourself to a 200-word backstory! 3-5 paragraphs! Play a gender you don't normally play! Play a supernatural or magical being!
The sky's the limit to making characters!

Yeah, not all characters have tragic backgrounds but I like adding it because again it's a way for me to deal with the physical/emotional/verbal abuse I get every day. It makes me relate to my character. And I have. I played a female twice. I have done countless fantasy stories and I have spent hours on character sheets. I just prefer not to. Anyways we should move this conversation elsewhere. Were getting off topic.

Sadly I haven't been approved yet (no pms yet) - mind creating a thread or something of the sorts?

Back