What is your greatest weakness as a role player?

Writers Block is what kills me in roleplays. I can't think of things as quickly as others and it's hard to keep up with the story

Hmmmm... I have to say coming up with new character ideas, personality wise. I have a lot of stubborn characters, shy characters, and go with the flow characters. Though there are a lot of different ranges for these kind of characters, I just often have trouble with using some of the different characteristics and every now and then I may write one character with the personality of another!

I've been trying to get a handle of dialogue and fleshing out a character's speech and mannerisms. I usually focus on introspective stuff, so when dialogue comes up, I'm usually at a loss for how to make what I'm going to write flow or have any importance.
When I'm not interested in a roleplay, but I'm stuck in it anyways, I feel it shows through my writing. It all deteriorates; at that point I'd be trying to dip IC.
I sometimes have troubles sticking with one character, but that's not objectively a bad thing.

I love immersing myself into a character, Downside to that is, i can burn out on a single character or story due to over exposure. I get bored quickly but then Lement that a story is too short if i do move on...

As far as role playing weaknesses go, my biggest weakness is my inability to just approach a role play. I first visited this site about two years ago, and couldn’t find the courage to just join, and here I am now two whole years later. I always feel like it would be impolite, or maybe it’s a private roleplay. I’m just too shy when it comes to confronting people.

As far as role playing weaknesses go, my biggest weakness is my inability to just approach a role play. I first visited this site about two years ago, and couldn’t find the courage to just join, and here I am now two whole years later. I always feel like it would be impolite, or maybe it’s a private roleplay. I’m just too shy when it comes to confronting people.

Once you're approved, be sure to check out the bulletin board; those are RPs that are, generally, recruiting and open to all. This way you know they are for sure open for strangers. :>

Sometimes I allow my OOC feelings bleed into my IC interactions, and although this happens rarely, it’s definitely something I should work on.

I find action the hardest to write. I find it hard to balance out how much my character gets hit and more often than not my character is made weaker than they should be.

Hey~!

Ummmmm... Kinda two-fold really.

I forget that most peeps want to role-PLAY and not role-READ. And that is where I tend to over-fluff my posties cuz I want people to have something soooooo awesomes to always work with. When all I REALLY needed to write was:

Jill simply replied, "But it's evil, Jack." And so Jill kicked the puppy. Jill cried. The puppy cried. She looked up at Jack to see if Jack would cry too.

;DDD

Writers block. >:[ I always get the worst writers block. I feel it's generally why I've had so many hiatus' in the last five years. I'm trying to break that cycle and I'm determined to try to not get to me anymore.

Not sticking to the personalities I'd set for my characters. Sometimes they act way different or just act more like me.

Overthinking. So much plotting that I get stuck in that phase a lot. Then BOOM! I get a weird case of writer's block.

Use of too much emotions. I am an emotional writer... You'll find it easy to know how my character feels about your character just by reading my post. The problem is that... because of this, my writing is also affected by my rl emotions. If I'm feeling gloomy or angry, it's hard to write a happy scenario or post replies randomly.

Getting awed by my partners.
Yeah, I seek out great partners. But sometimes, when my partner's writing prowess is too great, I end up feeling like a fan meeting her celebrity idol. Like a deer caught in the headlights. And then, it becomes really, really hard to write a reply back. No, it's not that I don't want to rp with them or the story idea died and I'm no longer interested. It's just that I'm stuck admiring my partner's post so much that I can't even write a decent reply back.

Mistakes I made when I first started.... oh boy. I made a LOT of mistakes when I first started out. But if I had to name a few....it’s short responses, and never seem to figure out that my OCs weren’t always the star of the show. Yeah, I was a real narcissistic back then. Still kinda am. XD

Writer's block. Every writer's personal archenemy. It's destroyed me so many times, but I found a way to break out of it, so (fingers crossed!) there will be less instances of letting people know 'Hey, I'm so sorry, I've been plagued with the inability to write - again!'

Overthinking. Especially when I find people who are 100000000 leagues better than me at writing. I worry so much that my contribution will turn them away from me! XD So then I panic and take an unnecessarily long time to reply.

Sentence structure(? Not sure if that's the right term). I heard once that varied sentence length has a nice, cool flow. And then there's me. For some odd reason, I like my sentences broken by at least one comma. So I have to write my thoughts out, then see if I can whittle down sentences to make things flow better.

Keeping very interactive dialogue going. Don't get me wrong, I can do it. Dialogue is one of my better skills, but for whatever reason, my ideas for questions burn out. Or maybe it's just when I suddenly find two characters only asking questions. I dunno, I'm looking back at one specific RP, but now that I think about it, it's because my partner insisted on their character being locked in a brig, meaning there was only so much that could happen between the characters. Aaaannnd now I'm kind of unsure of my point. XD Just word of advice! Don't expect me to keep peppering your characters with questions, because I can't do it for extended periods of time!

Also, sass. I'm too nice in real life, and don't have a sass bone in my body unless I get very tired. So I struggle with sass and quips and roasts and whatnot towards other characters. BUT! I do get some rare inspiration and tend to slam characters when I do see an opening. But I can't seem to keep witty banter up for a long time, lord help me. I'm working on it - and please, if you write with me, you are more than welcome to tease me about my horrible attempt to burn another character. XD I take teasing a little too well.

Definitely writer's block. I'm getting it pretty often, unfortunately. How to fight with it? I don't know, friends, I have no idea. As soon as I'm getting into the story, boom! Writer's block. And what can you do?

The second thing is my English. It's no my first language and I wish it was better but hey! I'm still learning. Writing is a neverending journey and with every post, I'm getting better. Or at least I hope I am :')

The length of a post. I'm trying to fit into the range of my rp partner but it's not always easy, especially when I'm writing like 400-600 words and my partner is around 1000. It's stressful for me because of this pressure that I should give as much as the other person. But again, it helps me to motivate myself to do better!

Writer's Block is a major one for me. Whenever I really want to write back to a reply, it takes me awhile to gain inspiration and write. By then, my partner has usually lost interest or is gone lol

Back