What is your preferred group size for role plays?

What is your preferred group size for role plays?

• Total voters
I like groups of 6-10 because it's diverse enough for my plots, but not so big that I can't handle it alone having thus number also helps with players dropping because it doesn't out the plot on ant one or two characters, like with 1x1's

I like a small group. It gives enough diversity and nice plots and twists, but you do not get overwhelmed by all the different things going on.

I prefer 1x1, or a small group occasionally. I find it easier for the roleplay to move forward, and it's more character driven. I really like focusing on character development and I think that in larger roleplays you can't really take the time to develop your character much because you'll be left behind. Also, as has been mentioned before, in larger groups, there's always someone who ends up taking charge when maybe the other players aren't in agreement with that.

I think 1x1 is awesome because you can really bond with the other person and work togeth to make something cool without worrying about other people falling behind in the story. Plus, I think it takes any feeling of competition out of things that might be there when there are 4-5 people

hmmm, this is kind of tough lol because for me, it depends on what the rp is and how it's going to be conducted. for my favorite genres of roleplays, i love having a small group of friends because i love the way our ideas tend to go together and how easy everything is in that regard. if i'm trying something complicated and uncertain i think a slightly bigger group is better just because it feels like a comfort in numbers thing. if that makes sense hah

I am definitely a 1x1 person. I have tried to have more people and it just doesn't work for me. Haha. At least in the experiences I've had so far.

I tend to stick with groups of two to four. Any more than that just seem to create too much of a divide in ideas or too many characters to include in a storyline without losing focus. One on one is good but can get a bit tiresome to do with every single roleplay, as it takes away the sense of variety you get with larger groups. My ideal group would be three people, including myself and two others. I can deal with four but that's my limit. Honestly, though, it's a matter of personal opinion more than anything else.

Small group, 4 players tops. Vorks best to get a plot alive. Anithing more then that, the RP gets stuck in the mud as ppl wait for ppl to post.

1 on 1 works too, ofc.

2-4. 1 on 1 works but if you have groups (small ones, that is) people tend to feel more obligated to reply and it keeps threads alive.

3-6
6 and above gets too crowded
3 and below can be very lonely
when you have more than 6 people it tends to be a good idea to separate them into groups i think. what i mean is you could probably have 12 people roleplaying in the same session/campaign at the same time if you split them all up into 3 groups of 4 to do things separately, only rarely interacting with each other. i dont know much about how people do this. all i know is that people do and it is entirely plausible.

I'm personally not picky when it comes to RPs. I'm more than willing to do a 1x1 RP, a small group of 3-6 people, a or a large/massive group. It doesn't matter to me really, though I do prefer a 1x1, or small group to be easier to handle. But large/massive RPs can be fun at times too.

Having a strictly linear system of posting, such as a forum, can get confusing with groups. Things tend to jump around when people post quickly and interactions become twisted if your group doesn't really understand what they're doing. I tend to prefer 1x1, but maybe I just haven't spent enough time around experienced roleplayers.

It also becomes slightly frustrating when people take things in directions you don't want them to, but maybe that just requires a more open mind.

I think it really just depends on the story and how fast you want to dash through character development. Overall ideally a group of like 6 is perfect but anything beyond that is actually pretty good if you want a long roleplay and want steady development in your characters/story.

In the end it also depends on the group and how they write, sometimes rp partners just don't click and takes longer to get through stuff even if it is 1v1

I think it kind of depends on the roleplay, personally I like smaller groups just because you can get familiar with the people you're playing with and bond with them. Larger groups can make things more spontaneous.

But for me, if I'm in a roleplay that has a goal (like five chosen heroes have to go to the bad guy's castle) I would want it to be a bit smaller, so people don't get left behind and everyone can react. If the roleplay is more like "it's a city full of super heroes! Have fun!" There's no such thing as too many players.

I prefer RPs that have a storyline requiring players to work together, which is easier with a small group. A large group is harder to control, and people will go charging off and leaving others behind, or they all start doing different things. I have never tried 1x1, but I am not opposed to it. Still, I think I would prefer a little diversity without having so much that it descends into chaos.

I prefer one x one or a small group. I find it easier to keep up when I'm doing a one x one, but it sometimes gets dull unless my partner and I double up on characters. In groups I find it hard to keep up unless we have a turn based kind of roleplay. I've been in a group before and it was like a free-for-all and I was so confused. XD So yes, I tend to stick to one x one or small structured groups so my head doesn't explode.

1x1 is probably my most preferred. But I do also really like groups of up to 10 people in size. Any more than that and people just kind of break up into their own smaller groups anyway.

Back