Status
Not open for further replies.
The red clawed robots towered over all three of the women as they made their assault. Aversa was caught fending off one of them while two had targeted Celes and the other two focused their attention on Undyne. While Celes sword had caused some damage to her assailants it had only breached the surface layer of whatever they were made of.

“Wha?” Undyne managed to blurt out before Celes fired off the ice spell towards her two assailants. The one it hit head-on took severe damage from the spell. The cold causing it to lose one of its arms in the ensuing blast. The other got some slight frost damage on its entire body, perhaps making it brittle enough to shatter with her sword.

“I did not realize you had an inherent talent for magic,” Aversa replied in surprise as she dodged away from the claw of the robot attacking her, having surprisingly good movement despite her choice of attire. “Ruin!” She fired off a dark spell of her own that hit her foe and caused some damage but it continued its attacks on her.

Undyne meanwhile was holding up rather well, while both of her robots were still standing one of them seemed to have one of her ethereal spears through its abdomen.

Back to Celes while the robots had been hurt by her attack, one even losing its arm they were still ready for round two as both of them charged.

@Raynar Saassin

"I was one of the few who was genetically modified in order to use Magic. It's... not something I wanted, I was forced. But it comes in handy."

Celes exclaimed towards Aversa as it would appear that her opponents wanted a second round. She was happy to oblige as she met them in combat, either by utilizing her Sword or by using her magic. Every so often she would use a Level 2 spell; be it either one of fire, thunder or ice. She couldn't risk using a Level 3 or anything more dangerous in such an enclosed area, especially not Ultima.

"Just what are these things? They aren't going down so easily, even against magic."

@Jeremi

“That sounds like something I am curious to know more about,” Aversa replied firing off another magic shot towards her robots. “Later, that is.”

“Now we fight some more!” Undyne shouted as she pierced the other robot with one of her spears.

The fight raged on after that and despite what seemed to be a quite tough exterior the but finally Celes with some more magic spells and sword hits she felled her opponents just as Undyne stood triumphant over her foes as Aversa was digging through the remains of her own. “Understandable that the crew was no match.” Aversa got back up to look at her compatriots. “Whatever the source, we’ll find what we’re looking for further down.”

“Well we know what we’re facing now!”
Undyne had a confident smug grin on her face. “Tin cans or not we’re going to scrap them all!” It seemed the only path open to them right now from the open area was another path that seemed to lead further down into the pyramid.

@Raynar Saassin

"Right. Let's get going."

Celes then proceeded to follow everyone down the path that seemed to lead further down the Pyramid. While they were walking, Celes would walk next to Aversa and speak.

"You wanted to know more about me, right? I'll tell you. Back home, I was close to a Imperial Scientist named Cid while I was growing up as a kid. He was like a father to me, he took care of me while working for the Gestahlian Empire. It wasn't until when I grew up into an adult that I was forced to be genetically enhanced to be a Magitek Knight; a combination of Magic and Technology. This was how I know how to learn Magic naturally whereas if you wanted to learn Magic, you'd have to have a Esper within a Magicite Crystal like the one I have."

Celes then reached into her pocket and pulled out some kind of Crystal:

latest

When she pulled it out, it began to flicker a little bit before eventually revealing itself:

latest

"Celes Chere. What can I do for you?"
"I was just showing my friend here your Crystal."
"I see. My name is Maduin. It's nice to meet you as Celes's Esper."
"Maduin is one of the few Espers who doesn't hold a grudge against humans, especially me..."
"Celes, what did we discuss? You had no involvement with your Empire's attack on my home."
"I still feel bad that your daughter was captured..."
"But Terra's okay now. She entrusted me to you, remember?"
"I do."

@Jeremi

Undyne didn't seem very interested in what Celes was explaining. What did you need more magic for anyway? You just have to beat it up some more right? Instead, she continued on taking point.

Aversa, on the other hand, nodded with curiosity at what Celes was telling her. "In my world, some have an aptitude for magic, but spells can be learned regardless. A world with no true magic learned on the backbone of powerful beings." She gave the magicite a proper look over. "And one so handsome at that..."

"Here's a question for ya two," Undyne called from up ahead. If the two looked up they'd see that the path before them split with one leading to the right and the other to the left.

@Raynar Saassin

Last edited:
"Your compliment is flattering. We Espers are how people without magic affinity learn how to use magic. We teach specific spells per esper. I benefited Celes and my daughter Terra with the power of Fira, Blizzara and Thundara."
"But I've learned multiple different Magic Spells that I wouldn't of known myself thanks to all the Espers we helped save."

That was when Undyne shouted towards the group in which she looked up and spotted two different pathways. Taking a moment to ponder, Maduin stepped in while still being summoned.

"I suggest Undyne and Aversa partner up on one route, and Celes go on the other."
"Are you sure, Maduin?"
"Do you doubt your own combat efficiency?"
"No..."
"Then it's settled---"

As Maduin finished, he disappeared back into Cele's Magicite in which she decided this time to forge a necklace and wear it around her neck.

"I'll be fine on my own. Unless you two have any objections?"

@Jeremi

"I won't object," Aversa replied. "We'll cover more ground that way."

"I will object! But I know we're in like a democracy now so that's three against one so good luck don't die on us!" Undyne started heading down the left path.

"If we're lucky they will lead us to the same path, but as Undyne said don't die on us now. That would be disappointing."
With that Aversa made her way after Undyne leaving Celes to head down the right path alone.

The corridor downwards was much similar to the ones they had already traversed but the bright gold tones of the pyramid suddenly changed to a darker turquoise adorning the wall and that same dim light flowing through it. The corridor opened up to a similarly larger room like before but this one seemed to have some sort of scaffolding that Celes entered on and a room bellow.

There seemed to be an entrance on the opposite side where she came in. Hopefully, that meant that Undyne and Aversa will arrive shortly. Though it is curious how they hadn't shown up yet considering they headed off a short while before her even. As she pondered that Celes could not help but think that she was being watched...

@Raynar Saassin

"I won't die. I have too much to live for."

Celes stated as she proceeded down the right pathway. As she continued walking, Maduin decided to reveal himself again.

"I fear for what you are about to find here, Celes."
"Whatever this Pyramid is, it's certainly dangerous to warrant sending three strong combatants to investigate a missing research team."
"I have to admit, I am getting a sense of Deja Vu."
"What do you mean?"
"This seems all too familiar. When we were discovered by your species, it was a mere accident, then an onslaught. Your race sought to harness us for your own gains, turning us into Magicite against our will which effectively killed us until we were summoned by whoever took our forms. Until you all came with that Kefka, we were released and caused havoc across the world in anger."
"I remember... The amount of damage you caused to the Imperial Capital was justified, but resulted in many innocents dying at the cost of vengeance for the fallen..."
"This seems all too similar. Whoever the research team are, they must of upset whatever was lying in peace here like how your race upset us when you tried opening the Sealed Gate between our worlds."
"Do you mean to say that we could end up repeating our world's history but in another form?"
"My instincts are telling me yes--- Wait."

Maduin stopped moving alongside Celes which caused her to stop as well, with a confused expression on her face.

"What is it?"
"We're being watched."
"Now that you mention it... I do feel like something's watching..."
"Ready yourself. Call upon me if you need help."

Maduin then disappeared back into Cele's Magicite Crystal in which she pulled out her Excalibur Sword and began walking slowly forward, keeping her guard up at all times and checking all angles.

@Jeremi

Celes managed to walk a bit further into the room when suddenly from bellow, a massive ball of fire came shooting towards Celes. Or that's what it seemed like but the ball melted through the scaffolding a few feet in front of her. The heat was so intense that the ball continued on hitting the wall continuing on.

If Celes looked around she'd find a figure standing bellow her another fireball ready to go.

@Raynar Saassin

"What the...!"

Celes exclaimed in shock as all of a sudden the floor underneath got very hot as a fireball was continuously hitting the scaffolding below her before it broke a few feet in front of her. When she looked down to see what was causing this, a figure was readying another fireball in which she got herself ready. Predicting when the next fireball would come about, Celes would retaliate with a Level 2 Ice Spell; Blizzara and then drop down in front of her attacker with a weapon drawn.

"Identify yourself or be cut down."

@Jeremi

The second fireball and ice spell connected causing steam to envelop the entire area. As Celes jumped down she'd have a hard time seeing in front of her, only seeing a silhouette. "Back off or I'll- wait hold on." The figure in front of her spoke. "I thought all you pesky things couldn't talk? Wait...you're not one of them are you?"

@Raynar Saassin

"If you're referring to those strange robotic creatures than you're mistaken. From your silhouette, I can't tell what you are. Now answer my question. Identify yourself!"

Celes stared, keeping her Sword drawn. This individual seemed to know fire magic so she needed to be careful. Ice and Fire was not a good combination, coating the room in steam made things difficult to see. She quickly remembered however that she was a counter to magic due to her Runic ability. Thankfully when she was pulled during the melding, she was wielding a Sword that works with that ability. If they were to try slinging a fireball again, if it were magic based she'd absorb it.

@Jeremi

"Your eloquent way of speaking tells me you're not going to blast me so...fine." The steam from the attack settled and Celes stood face to face with her attack.

"I am Pharaoh Man, and-" The being calling itself Pharaoh Man stalled for a moment as it now stood face to face with Celes. "U-uh ahem! That is to say...I'm Pharaoh Man and I'm an explorer of, well, pyramids." The confidence he showed before seemed to be entirely gone. "Then uh, what about you miss, if you don't mind, what's your name?"

@Raynar Saassin

...Just who was this person to call himself 'Pharaoh Man'? Seemed as if after introducing himself, the entirety of his confidence went down the drain. She had no choice at this point; they were stuck together in this Pyramid. Keeping her Sword brandished, she introduced herself.

"I am Celes Chere. Former Imperial General of the Gestahlian Empire back where I come from, although now I'm a General of a Rebellion movement. I did not come here alone however, I have two other friends with me who took a different path. A Research Team was killed here by whatever things are within this Pyramid, and we intend to find whatever's behind this and destroy it."

@Jeremi

“Oh yeah I figured you were a human.” He looked at the sword. “I thought you were a robot for some attraction or something at first. You dress weirdly for a human though. Anyway, as I said I’m an explorer but that was actually what I was created for. Exploring tombs and stuff where humans shouldn’t go. Got all the tools for that.” At the mention of the dead research team, he seemed to get a bit queasy. “Oh no…I remember I was talking to Dr. Cossaxk when the skies suddenly turned red and the next minute I found myself inside this pyramid. I don’t know how long I’ve actually been in here but those other robots have been attacking me for as long as I’ve been here until one day I heard a faint rumbling and a lot of them disappeared.”

He clutched his chin and pondered. “Maybe that research team managed to get the power running if I had known there were people I would’ve gone and helped but I’ve had my hands full to not get scrapped by these things. Never seen anything like them either. I tried to communicate with them but nothing. Robots aren’t just supposed to attack like that.”

Pharaoh Man motioned to the floor where Celes could find some remains of similar robots that had attacked her and the others. “No serial numbers or nothing. I thought that they were Doctor Wily’s creation but he’d left a stamp on them for sure.”

He shook his head like he tried to get a thought out of his mind. “Any way you said you had some friends with you? We better find them then. What’s going on really? Like I said I figure it’s some sort of Dr Wily thing so Mega Man probably has it under control but do you know why he’d zap me into this place?” The way that Pharaoh Man talked seemed to imply that he had no idea what had been going on around him ever since he had arrived in this place.

@Raynar Saassin

Celes stood there and listened to what Pharaoh Man had to say. A lot of the information he had to share was confusing but considering this world is a combination of multiple people from multiple worlds, it wasn't very surprising anymore.

"I do have friends. But as far as I know, they've gone deeper down another path. Our only option now is to continue ahead on this path and watch each other's backs."

@Jeremi

“This is actually the furthest I’ve gotten. Upwards I mean.” Pharaoh Man replied scratching his head awkwardly. “The robots have kept me busy, but if your friends are heading down then they’re going to be in some trouble. Not that I don’t think they can take care of themselves or anything,” He hastily added. “Sometimes it just feels like those weird robots are endless. Well, if you want to go lower,” Pharaoh Man motioned Celes to follow him down another tunnel at the other end of the room.

Considering how this area seemed to be built through its tight corridors that opened up to larger areas what the pyramid had been used for in the past remained unclear. There weren’t any specific technology devices that seemed to operate anything, but that audio log had talked about being able to get power back to the area so that had to mean there was something here.

Either way, Celes’ new ally seemed to be a lot of help traversing the ruins. “Hold it!” He stopped Celes mid-step as they walked through a corridor. “Don’t step on that.” If Celes looked down she’d notice a part of the floor was slightly elevated compared to the rest of the floor. “Sorry…I probably should have mentioned that the further we get there’s going to be more traps. I’ll warn you as best as I can but keep your eyes open. I know how fragile humans can be after all.”

Even if he didn’t consider himself human then Pharaoh Man seemed to at least act quite human, at least compared to the robots inside of the pyramids. “So these researchers you mentioned,” He asked after they had walked a bit further. “You told me what happened to them but, why were they here? Such a dangerous place for humans, you would’ve thought they’d send survey robots to check out the place before or something.”

@Raynar Saassin

"I'm not so fragile as you think, Pharaoh Man."

Celes exclaimed as she continued following him despite him pushing her out of the way of a weighted trap. As they continued walking, he spoke again, asking about the researchers.

"Sometimes I wonder why they sent a Research Team without backup. But I also don't question the nature of the mission despite having the free will to do so. My general reputation makes me a reliable pick for missions like these, always on the move and entering dangerous territory."

Suddenly the Magicite Crystal Celes was wearing on her neck began to glow and Maduin made himself known once again.

"How fares the venture, Celes?"
"We're making progress. I encountered this one a moment after you warned me of being watched. Seems he mistook us for those things we fought earlier."
"So you were the one who was shooting Fireballs at us."
"Keep an eye on him. Something about this doesn't seem right."
"I agree. My name is Maduin. I'm Cele's Esper / Companion."

@Jeremi

“O-Oh I didn’t mean it like that!” His otherwise professional demeanor broke once again as Celes addressed him in a sharp tone. “I just meant traps are bad, you can probably take care of yourself just fine!”

Pharaoh Man’s interest rose when Maduin made his presence felt. “A personal A.I.?” He leaned in to speak directly into the magicite. “I apologize for my outburst. I thought Celes was one of those robots.” He was taken slightly aback when Celes told him to keep an eye on Pharaoh Man. “I-I suppose it could be considered a bit weird, but you being here is also pretty weird. A human with personal A.I. around your neck walking around alone like this, but I was created to help people navigate mystery tombs and that’s what I’m going to do!”

As he said that the duo could hear something coming towards them an eerie humming sound that came closer and closer. “I don’t think I’ve heard that before…” Pharaoh Man started to glow slightly readying himself for an attack.

The glow from his body shone up the area some more revealing what was causing the mysterious humming noise.

SmilinSphere.gif

Two floating orbs were now in front of them. Brandishing a smile and nothing else they stopped when they spotted Celes and Pharaoh Man. They just floated there…

Menacingly.

@Raynar Saassin

"I'm not a "Personal AI" or whatever you said. Wait a minute."

The Magicite then glowed once again but brighter, in which it eventually revealed a form of some kind floating next to Celes who was trying not to push Pharaoh Man away from her chest.

latest

"I forget some people in this unknown world do not know what I am."
"Wait, do you two hear that?"

Celes stopped for a moment and listened. A humming noise... Once she listened out for it, there it was. Floating there; two floating orbs with smiles on them. Menacingly floating in front of them.

"I don't recognize these..."
"I don't either."
"Allow me."

Maduin harnessed his magical powers and used a Level 2 Fire Spell: Fira towards the two Floating Orbs.

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back