Status
Not open for further replies.
Aversa gave the figure a closer look. "If I would wager, perhaps a key of some sort?" She flipped it over revealing a small protruding part like it would fit into something. "Perhaps it is best to hold on to it for the time being."

"Whew, well! Guess we gotta hurry on then!" Undyne replied with a grin as Pharaoh Man stood in the opening of the door.

"Yes, we're almost there," Following him back to the corridor the journey continued on until they finally arrived into an open room. The area seemed pristine but the only thing in front of them was a smooth wall. "Uh...weird. According to my readings, there should be a path here somewhere..."

While they couldn't see anything sticking out in the room right now, perhaps some investigating was in order?

@Raynar Saassin

"This could be another puzzle. Look around for anything that looks suspicious, like a hidden pressure plate or a sticking out brick."

Celes exclaimed as she began investigating the new room. She pressed her hand on the smooth wall in front of the group, aiming to feel out any out of position bricks or hidden pressure sites, hoping to find something.

@Jeremi

The others did the same trying to find something out of place in the room. Not even Pharaoh Man and his sophisticated technology managed to detect anything out of place in the room despite knowing that there was something beyond the wall.

As Celes continued feeling along the wall her hand suddenly touched a pressure pad that caused the wall to slide open revealing a small compartment inside. Two similar figures to the one they found in the chest but one depicted the more ferocious-looking robot they had met and to the right was another larger robot that Celes didn't recognize.

Between the two figures was an empty slot that looked like you could place something inside.

@Raynar Saassin

Once Celes saw the opening in the wall reveal itself after feeling a pressure plate, she inspected the compartment. Two statues with one looking familiar and another that she could only presume Undyne and Aversa encountered during the pathway split.

"Hey, come over here! I found something!"

Celes shouted as she pointed towards the empty slot between the two statues.

"Maybe that small figure I found from that mimic fits here?"

@Jeremi

Aversa came over to where Celes was standing. "Hmm, perhaps you're right..." Taking the figure she'd place it in the center. Falling in perfectly the group waited for something to happen and...

Nothing happened. "I'm sure this is right...we seem to be missing something."

@Raynar Saassin

"Hmm.. What would happen if we removed the statues instead?"

Celes suggested as she proceeded to grab one of the now three statues that were inside the compartment, motioning for the others to grab one too.

@Jeremi

Undyne and Aversa followed suit and removed the others, but again, nothing happened. "I think they might have to be put in a particular order," Pharaoh Man chimed in looking over the shoulder of the trio. "What that order is though is anyone's guess."

If they looked closer beneath the slots that they fit inside was a circle. The one to the left was the smallest with the one to the right being the largest.

@Raynar Saassin

Once Celes inspected the holes, she quickly made the link.

"Look at the circles where the statues were originally placed. Maybe they need to be placed in order of size?"

@Jeremi

"You're right, that might be the correct answer," Aversa took all the figures and looking at the dots placed the smallest to the biggest from left to right. Nothing seemed to happen at first before the wall next to them started shaking and opened up revealing a path for them to follow.

@Raynar Saassin

"Looks like we're able to progress forward! Let's get going."

Celes stated as she brandished her Sword and walked in first, keeping her guard up at all times.

"Perhaps this may lead further down. Keep your guards up."

@Jeremi

As they traversed further down the path the light got dimmer and dimmer. The only thing lighting up the path forward at the end was Pharaoh Man's hand turned into a makeshift torch. What they could see was a deteriorating path with rusted and cracked walls. Not to mention the continuous sand streaming through the cracks. While the earlier parts of the pyramid had been far from immaculate this place, in particular, hadn't seemed to have gotten any visitors for a very long time.

The path soon opened up to a massive room. Pharaoh Man's eyes widened in the dim light of his torch. "You have to see this." Using his night vision the robot tomb raider fired a few choice shots into the room and lit up a number of torches to illuminate the room for the rest of the group.

The light revealed a massive derelict torso of a robot that was blocked off by a pool of water.

"Wow! That's a huge fella!" Undyne exclaimed. "Is that what we've been looking for?"

Pharaoh Man looked unsure when it spoke. "You would think so but no...there's...something else behind it."

"While we're all formidable," Aversa stepped in. "I do not believe we have the sufficient skills to move this monstrosity out of the way. "Perhaps if we-"

As she spoked a heap of steam escaped from the robots nostrils as its eyes shone a bright red. "It's still active!" Small robots started to emerge from the pool as the big robot sent floating bombs towards the group ready to defend whatever treasure it had hidden behind it.​

@Raynar Saassin

Last edited:
Once the room came into view, and seeing the mechanical guardian, it reminded her of the Guardian at Vector:

Then numerous smaller robots started to attack, with the Guardian robot launching bombs towards the party. Celes tried to summon Maduin but he was still recovering from his usage against the Mimic. She began by utilising a Level 3 Thunder Attack; Thundaga, against every enemy in the room.

@Jeremi

Explosions erupted through the chamber as the fighting commenced. The thunder spell downed meany of the bombs but the large robot only proceeded to send more of them out as the small robots leaped towards the group.

Undyne began tossing spears like wild towards the giant robot while Aversa tried her best to keep the smaller robots and bombs from reaching them with her magic.

Pharaoh Man meanwhile readied himself and fired off a fully charged Pharaoh Shot towards the robots. Most of everything that had been hit by it inside the pyramid had been burnt to a crisp. The giant robot, however, was just left with a scorch mark on its plating but otherwise not looking much worse for wear. Undyne's spears as well twanged helplessly off its thick armor. "We need some sort of plan to breach its armor or we will soon be overwhelmed!" Aversa shouted as she fired off another dark spell towards a swarm of bombs. It had to have some sort of weakness.

@Raynar Saassin

She was right. While everyone's attacks were easily destroying the weaker minions; they were hardly making a dent on the Guardian itself. Celes had no choice. She had to risk using one of her most dangerous attacks.

"Guys. This is going to be a very risky move. What I'm about to do will be very dangerous. Do you all trust me?"

@Jeremi

"At this junction, we don't have much of a choice." Aversa was doing her best to keep the bombs at bay but she was quickly getting overrun if not for the timely aid of Pharaoh Man firing off rapid-fire shots towards the bombs before he gave a thumbs up towards Celes.

Undyne had as well turned her attention towards the smaller robots. "Do what you gotta do!" She shouted as she skewered one of the robots on her spear.

@Raynar Saassin

"Okay. Brave yourselves...!"

Celes exclaimed as she focused on her magical power and began conjuring up a small dome of energy in front of the Guardian. As the battle progressed it grew bigger and bigger until it started reaching the tip of the ceiling itself! Once it got bigger enough, Celes caused it to explode.

"Ultima!"

The blast would be extremely catastrophic as it is regarded as one of the strongest Magical Attacks, capable of ignoring Magical Defenses.

@Jeremi

The ensuing blast caused the entire room to light up in green as the spell enveloped the room destroying any of the small robots and booms before pushing itself towards the massive frame of the robot. Even here the spell didn't seem powerful enough to break its armor but suddenly cracks started to form as the robots upper jaw burst open from the ensuing blast.

As the light subsided the robot was still functioning but a good chunk of its upper half was broken exposing its inner-workings.

@Raynar Saassin

"That definitely did the trick but... That took a lot of power out of me."

Celes exclaimed as she re-brandished her Blade and grouped up with Undyne and Aversa.

"If we're going to strike, let's do it now. I won't be able to use much strong magic after that one."

@Jeremi

"Then perhaps you should stay back," Aversa fired off a dark magic blast towards the exposed inner layer of the robot. "We will finish the job."

Undyne readied herself and threw a dozen or so spears into its exposed gob. The robot bellowed like it was in pain. "I think it's working! Hey, ugly! Time for you to head to the scrap heap!"

"We will defeat you!" Pharaoh Man fired a fully charged Pharaoh Shot into its mouth and it cried out once again. Even so, the cracked armor didn't stop the bombs and small robots to continue coming towards the group as a small cloud of bombs was starting to get dangerously close to Undyne.

@Raynar Saassin

Celes stood in front of Undyne and concentrated. Due to how much magical power she used to cast Ultima, she was stuck casting the single target Level 1 Attack; Thunder, against the bombs. Eventually, she concentrated and summoned Maduin once again.

"I'm recharged, Celes. Where do you need me?"
"Against those smaller bombs that are really close to us!"

He then used his power to cast the Level 2 Thunder Spell; Thundara against the entirety of the bombs that were currently in play, then retreating back to his Magicite Crystal.

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back