Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremi

The Convergence Series GM

latest

It had been four months since the Melding. The revolution had been going on in full swing in establishing outposts around the new world. This particular base named Base Epsilon was located up in the mountains in the outskirts of a town called Dollet, in its world a popular tourist attraction and one of the few places that had access to broadcasting technology. Here it’s much the same though despite the beautiful scenery it does not have many tourists. Much like any other place. The fear of roaming monsters and the looming threat of robots from the Wily-Eggman coalition swooping down to take anyone that can be considered disturbing the peace deters the regular masses from traveling further than where they emerged during the early days of the melding. Some, however, had the fortitude and bravery to travel among the different areas.

Celes Chère was one of those people. Having managed to escape from the original robot attack when the melding first happened, the former Imperial General had lost contact with her allies from her own world but had rather quickly joined up with the rebellion and had stayed with them ever since. She was not a member of a particular rebellion cell and moved among them as it was deemed necessary Her current assignment had led her to Dollet and the rebellion cell here hidden in the mountains. The native and non-native civilians had been friendly to her and the barkeep had given her instructions as to how she would find the base. While a lot of the people had been forced to comply with the new rule didn’t mean that they wouldn’t sit idly by and let the Wily-Eggman coalition do as they please.

Soon enough after a trek into the mountains, Celes had found her way to the hidden entrance of the base. A guard let her in after an exchange of a secret code only the rebellion knew about she was lead into a rocky cavern that opened up into a large open area. While Celes was familiar with technology from her own world, she saw her as far more advanced than anything she was familiar with. Everyone was busy working on different things with people wearing lab coats as well as some with more medieval-looking clothing. As she understood it this particular base was mainly filled with researchers and scientists with only a handful of fighters, not to mention the guards, which was why she had been summoned. They hadn’t disclosed anything else for fear that the enemy would find out what they were working within case she was captured. The guard led her into another hallway and soon stopped at one of the doors where he knocked hard enough to shake it. Celes could hear an ‘eep’ coming from inside followed by someone shouting. “J-just a minute!”

The guard gave Celes a look that signified ‘yeah, don’t worry about it. A few seconds later the clearly feminine voice called out again. “Okay, c-come on in!” The door opened and the guard took his leave with a quick salute. If Celes had expected a proper and nice lab area when she entered she’d be in for a surprise. Books and different lab equipment were scattered all over and there were weird colorful posters adorned on the wall with strange letters Celes couldn’t decipher. The one that called her in was probably not either someone that Celes expected. She wore glasses, seemed to be hunched over, wearing a lab coat, and the fact that she resembled some kind of lizard creature.

“…”

The lizard woman was about to say something before giving Celes a hard look over and blushing slightly. “U-umm…welcome to…Base Epsilon.” She finally managed to sputter out. “I-I-I’m Doctor Alphys. Guess I’m…the head scientist…or something. You must be Celes…you’re really pretty.” The second part was barely audible to Celes. The Imperial General had met a lot of different allies during her stay but this was certainly up there.

@Raynar Saassin

Last edited:
The sudden changes of scenery after the Melding, being removed from her comrades whom she called friends and constantly moving between different locations and environments was a sudden course of events but the Imperial General expected this sort of thing from the start. After all, she did have to work with a Rebellion group known as the Returners in her world so she knew what it'd be like to fight a large empire with only a handful of numbers and limited resources.

After having finally reached her destination followed by a harsh trek through a mountain range, she came across her location; a Rebel Base within the mountain. It reminded her of the Returner Base she went to before the Gestahlian Empire found it but much more so; with varying lab-coats and guards pitched all over, looking like the place was some sort of top-secret research facility. Celes Chere had made a lot of friends during the Melding and even now continues to make allies in places she never thought she'd ever go to. But, in her line of work followed by the constant moving around, she expected to be always vigilant.

Until she stepped into the laboratory of a Doctor Alphys, she had questioned the state of her workplace; with books littered everywhere, equipment all over the place and strange texts in a language she couldn't even begin to understand. Although she wasn't expecting a monster to be a scientist, especially one like Alphys who seemed to have a very shy personality about her.

latest

"Thank you for welcoming me, Doctor. I... uh, was expecting something a little more... neat, but with times like these, it's understandable to not be so organised."

That was until she had heard Alphys comment on her looks to which a short but brief blush appeared on her cheeks. She remembered such comments from Setzer back in her world, but back then that was a different case.

"I am. Celes Chere, former Gestahlian General. What's the situation, Doctor?"

@Jeremi

Alphys swept some of the books behind her desk with the help of her tail. "Oh umm...It's actually quite good? I suppose? Well...other than the disappeared crew. That's actually really bad." She stumbled on one of the books, that had a similar cover to one of the posters on the wall. "We uh, we need your help to investigate. And don't worry!" She hastily added. "Y-you're not going alone! We still have some people left that can fight too."

@Raynar Saassin

"Disappeared crew? Do you have any idea as to how they disappeared? What were they doing?"

Celes questioned as she wasn't exactly briefed on why she was supposed to head to Epsilon in the first place, but if it involved a disappearance, why did it need someone with the status of General in order to deal with it?

"I fully expected to be going alone. But if I truly am going to be getting some allies to battle with, I'd like to meet them before we set out."

@Jeremi

Alphys grabbed a bunch of papers from her desk. “Uh well…” She corrected the glasses on her snout. “They found something. Y-you see we’ve been dealing with artifact research or anything that could topple the scientists. T-this is basically an exploration base, which is why there are so few combat units. Which…uh, was probably not my best idea but…” She shuffled her way towards the door with the papers in her hands. “W-would you follow me please?”

Following her, Alphys led Celese into the corridor again into another room down the hall looking like a debriefing room. As the door slid open Celes would find two women already waiting inside. One of them a blue scaled monster woman with an eyepatch and long red hair. The other had long white hair and had a form-fitting black dress that left nothing to the imagination.

“Alphys!”

The blue-skinned woman exclaimed coming over and giving Alphys a kiss on her cheek turning Alphys’ face dark red yet again.

“H-hi Undyne. This is Celes…she’s going to help you tw-.”

Alphys didn’t even manage to finish her sentence before Undyne exclaimed. “Wow! You’re a real knight!” She looked over to Celes’ sword in amazement. “But your sword…hmm…it’s not ten times as big as you.” Undyne pondered that the other woman walked up to Celes and handed out her hand for a shake.

latest

“A pleasure, Celes. I’m Aversa. I hope you will bring more enjoyment and poise unlike Undyne over here. Who only brings shouting and destruction.”

“I’ve got poise coming out of my butt!” Undyne countered having stopped admiring Celes’ sword.

As this continued Alphys tried to get her voice heard. “E-e-excuse me I should…Excuse me!” Her sudden outburst caused both Aversa and Undyne to stop bickering. “S-sorry.” Alphys motioned for the trio to sit down as she dimmed the lights as a holographic projection of what looked like a pyramid. “A few weeks ago some researchers found this…pyramid. E-everything was going fine but then we…lost contact.” The projection focused on the center area of the pyramid. “T-this was the last known place before communications stopped. We just really need to find out what happened.”

The lights turned on as she Alphys looked at the trio. “Please?”
@Raynar Saassin

When Alphys explained the situation to her, Celes felt a bit odd. If it were just a pyramid, why would they want someone as strong and powerful as her to investigate it? If it was some kind of artifact, it must be pretty dangerous to warrant a special group to go and investigate. Once she followed Alphys, she met the two that were to be coming with her and she expected a few more than just two people. That was until the one known as Undyne rapidly approached her.

"A extremely large sword wouldn't fit me, Undyne. You'll soon find out what it's like to fight with a General who can wield magic."

And then the other one introduced herself; Aversa. At least she had proper manners in comparison to Undyne's slightly childish approach.

"A pleasure to you too, Aversa. While I cannot promise I'd be as... lively as Undyne, my skills in combat should be more than enough."

Then Alphys explained their mission using a holographic projector of some sort. A pyramid where communications had stopped once they went there. This hints that either the Pyramid had other uninvited guests or they was some sort of welcoming committee of the unfriendly kind. After Alphys asked with please, Celes stood up.

"We'll ensure that they are found and brought back, Doctor. Undyne, Aversa. I trust you two aren't against taking my orders?"

@Jeremi

"Man I guess they tricked me..." Undyne said slightly disappointed. "Before all of this happened I thought all humans had their personal mega sword!"

"But we uh...we lived with the humans before this happened too?"

"Well I thought that was a fluke! A joke at my expense!"

Aversa smiled at Celes asking about leadership roles. "Oh we take orders, but that's not why you were called for. You are just another pair if able hands to help us solve a conundrum."

"Well uh..." Alphys replied having done talking with Undyne. "We just heard about you and thought you sounded pretty...cool and..."

"Yeah, yeah," Undyne cut her off. "I love ya babe but we got to get to the point."

"Uuuuh, yes, right. We hope we'll find someone alive, but we're not...keeping our hopes up. We know something's in there and we have to find it. Those two mean scientists can't keep getting away with this. We have a uh...transport waiting for you in the hangar if you're ready to go?"

@Raynar Saassin

"I'm always ready to go. I have my Sword and gear at the ready whenever these two are."

Celes stated with determination behind her voice. While was expecting her status to come into play with some leadership, perhaps in this case not having a leader would be more beneficial then if they were to have one. She helped pull her old group together through thick and thin back in her world against Kefka, she surely wouldn't have trouble dealing with Undyne and Aversa, right?

"Shall we?"

@Jeremi

"Aw yeah, we are!" Now with Undyne leading the way the group was soon in a new area of the base. A few soldiers were looking after what seemed to be three large bird creatures. Celes would know them as Chocobo's but she was familiar with their yellow brethren, rather than the green standing in front of her.

"Ugh, I was hoping we wouldn't have had to use the stinking beasts," Aversa lamented as her nose wrinkled up.

"W-Well they're handy and fast. I'm sorry but we don't have anything better," Alphys replied in a dejected tone.

"Don't worry! These babes are so reliable and fast we'll be in that pyramid in no time." As she said that Undyne jumped enthusiastically up on one of the birds, followed by Aversa who was not as keen.

"Undyne knows the way so just follow her," Alphys replied to Celes. "I don't want to put any pressure on you but this is really important so..." She gave Celes an awkward thumbs up. "Go team!"

@Raynar Saassin

Last edited:
Following Undyne, they came across where the transports were; Chocobos. She was indeed familiar with this breed of bird but mostly the more common Yellow Variant rather than the green ones before her.

"This is more familiar to me, I like this."

Jumping onto the back of the free bird, Alphys told her of how Undyne knows the way, in which she looked towards her with a smile.

"Then lead the way, Undyne. Be careful on the Chocobo and they'll treat you nicely. No pressure, Alphys, we have the situation under control. Now let's go!"

@Jeremi

"Don't worry I can write these babies anywhere! Heeya!" Undyne's Chocobo went off into a sprint as the mountain wall in front of them opened up revealing a small door to the outside world. It took a few seconds before Undyne emerged back from the door, jumped down from her stead and gave a kiss straight on Alphys' lips that turned her redder than a tomato before Undyne jumped back on and headed down the exit.

Aversa just rolled her eyes at Undyne before she headed after her. "G-Good luck. Don't die please!" Alphys shouted behind them but they were already out of earshot.

The Chocobo's showcased impressive footwork as they made their way down the mountainside like they were running on a straight road. As they hit the base Undyne continued taking point as the journey continued. The journey itself was uneventful, there weren't many travelers walking the roads anymore and animals could also be quite scarce in the area.

The landscape itself wasn't much peculiar either. A grassy plains area with other vegetation scattered around the area. There weren't even mountainous areas around despite how it looked around Dollet. Another cause of the Melding. Not only were the people scattered to the winds even the landscape itself was like two unrelated puzzle pieces smashed together. The sight coming up on the horizon was one of them.

A massive pyramid was coming into view and soon enough the trio arrived at their destination. Scattered equipment was around the entrance as well as a few tents, but no people seemed to have been there for a while. Undyne stopped her chocobo and jumped off. "Well, no one's outside at least."

"No doubt if we are going to find anyone," Aversa also dismounted from her chocobo and looked around. "They will be inside the structure."

They could find a pair of stairs leading up in the pyramid to an entrance at the top. Undyne looked giddy as she conjured up an ethereal spear that she clutched into her hand. "I bet we're going to pummel something before we're done I just know it!"

@Raynar Saassin

Once everyone arrived at the destination; a Pyramid, Celes jumped off her Chocobo and looked around at the scenery. It doesn't look too disturbed aside from all the scattered equipment and the tents that were setup in front of the entrance.

"It would seem that the place is deserted. If we are to find them and anything that's responsible for the people's disappearance, we'll have to set foot inside the Pyramid."

She stated as she pulled out her weapon of choice; Excalibur:

"Let's not delay. Undyne, lead the way. If anything's in there, we need to stay on our guard and keeping an eye on each other's backs."

@Jeremi

"That's why we're here, of course." Aversa took hold of a book that she had on her person as if to arm herself for any coming fights. "Trust is something I have been forced to learn later in life, but if you watch my back then I shall watch over yours."

"Absolutely!" Undyne exclaimed. "We're in this together! Get ready to whup some butt!" The trio made their way towards the top of the pyramid where they'd find a door carved into the wall beckoning them to enter.

As they got inside they found some more steps going downwards. The walls seemed to be adorned with some unknown technology. For as old the structure looked on the outside the insides looked fairly futuristic. "This technology..." Aversa caressed the wall as a dim light surged through the technology. "It seems we've stumbled upon something interesting."

There wasn't much light but the walls let out a dim blue light that would help them navigate their way.
@Rayner Saassin

When they entered, Celes watched Aversa rub her hand against the wall and watched it light up. What kind of Pyramid was this to have such unknown technology littering the walls but look like an ordinary Pyramid on the outside?

"What kind of place is this? This could hold any number of mysteries; friendly or hostile..."

Celes pondered for a moment as they continued walking around a dimly lit interior with magical lighting walls. Just what even was this place?

@Jeremi

"I dunno," Undyne replied as she twirled her spear. "But I'm going to think about that once we've saved the team! That's why we're here after all!"

"Perhaps," Aversa mused. "The structure and the technology inside were not originally together but the Melding made it so?" While perhaps not a true scholar, Aversa had been fascinated by the technology and commodities that this new world had to offer.

"Eh, maybe." Undyne meanwhile had no real interest in the situation and was just here to see the mission through, because that was her job. Even if she no longer was the head of the Royal Knights after living with the humans she easily fell back to her role as protector of those that could not defend themselves.

Aversa just shot her a dirty look as they continued before the path opened up to a bloodbath. What had at some point been a research station had been utterly destroyed by unknown attackers. Corpses were strewn about, some with weapons in their hand in an attempt to defend themselves. Ten bodies in total, some worse for wear than others. "That adds up," Aversa replied nothing looking too nonplussed about being surrounded by corpses. "The expedition team was ten-man strong...something foul must have happened here."

Looking through the area most of the equipment was in total disrepair. Something was shining by one of the corpses though that seemed to be intact.

@Raynar Saassin

Last edited:
Once the corpses came to view, Celes inspected each one by bending down next to them. What kind of monster could of done so much damage here? Killing ten men with what looked like absolute ease. The surrounding area seemed to be relatively untouched despite a battle having occurred here aside from their equipment all over. That was when something caught her attention; one of the corpses had some sort of shining object on it or nearby.

"Hey, I found something."

Celes stated to Undyne and Aversa as she bent down to inspect the object.

@Jeremi

“What do we have here?” Aversa came and picked up the device. “It appears to be an audio log.”

Before she could do anything else with it Undyne came and yanked it out of her hands. “We all know what it is! Let’s listen to it!” Undyne pressed a button and a woman’s voice started to monolog.

Day 1 and we’re still setting up equipment. Everyone’s really excited to see what we’ll find here! Hey be careful with that! That’s delicate equipment! Where was I…oh yeah. Despite the little we’ve seen so far we’re hoping for good things. The technology here, it will no doubt give us the edge that we need. I just know it.

Most of the following days were much the same until they hit day 5.

We finally managed to breach further into the chambers and it just keeps getting better and better! Since we’re all from different worlds we all have a different level of knowledge when it comes to technology but this place…despite looking fairly futuristic we have after a few tests confirmed that the technology here is ancient even on whatever world it originated from. So far we’ve only found bits and pieces that we can use as well as what we think is the mother computer of this place. We only need to get the power back and we can access it. Imagine the information we could harness from it! I know I sound like a broken record but I am. Very. Excited. The readings indicate that there’s something massive in the lower levels and I can’t wait to find it.

The logs continued they had found more and more technology that they continued to study as well as having uncovered more paths going further into the pyramid, as well as finding the generator to power up the entire area. Then things went bad very quickly.

D-day 10. Oh God we didn’t know. We were so happy finding the generator and…we’re going to try and escape. Get someone here to help. We didn’t mean to…unleash those things. Hurry quickly we’re almost at the top! No…they’re already here! We’re surrounded someone please h-

The log abruptly ended as Aversa looked over to both Celes and Undyne. “It appears that the group stumbled upon something more than inert technology.”

Undyne rubbed the back of her neck as she looked at the dead around her. “Man…Alphys was going to send me with them when they went but…I just told her that it sounded so boring. If I had come along I could’ve-“

“Been as dead as the ones scattered among us,” Aversa snapped back cutting Undyne off midsentence. “No one is at fault here. Desperation causes sloppiness. We now know that there is something malicious inside these ruins and something that the rebellion believes will give us an upper hand. That tells me we need to push on.”

Undyne nodded. “Yeah. Yeah! You’re right! Anything that comes at us is getting a little surprise!” She clutched Celes and Aversa around their shoulders and pulled them close. “They won’t even know what hit them!”

As she said that however they’d hear a loud clang echoing through the chamber and a smaller shadow vanishes behind one of the creates. Seemed like they were no longer alone.

@Raynar Saassin

As Celes listened to the logs, she clearly saw the value in this Pyramid judging from the tone of voice of whoever recorded these. Until of course the log came to a sudden end as they spoke about some 'things' that completely decimated the research group. From the sound of the recorder, whatever these things were must be extremely powerful or very numerous. As Celes was about to speak, Undyne pulled her underneath her arms but continued anyway.

"Whatever's going on with this Pyramid, it must be it's Guardians. Either that or this guards some sort of secret that our unfortunate research team uncovered. We must investigate furth---"

That was until a loud clang sound echoed in the interior, followed by a small shadow escaping from behind a crate. Celes immediately released herself from Undyne's grasp and brandished her Sword.

"Ready yourselves. We have company."

@Jeremi

The trio didn’t have to wait long for what caused the sound to reveal itself.

Out from behind the crate a small robotic being emerged with one single red eye looming menacingly at them. “That doesn’t look like much,” Undyne chuckled looking at the thing in front of them. On cue, it would pull itself back and fire off a small bomb towards the three.

“Ruin!” Aversa fired off a spell of dark magic towards the bomb causing it to explode in midair while Undyne tossed a spear right into the eye of the robots causing it to shoot out sparks before exploding in turn.

“Haha! Not too bad! If that’s all we got to worry about we’re not going to have any troubles!” As Undyne said that however, they could hear something heavy landing behind them, and another one, and another.

Turning around they’d find five large robots staring them down with that same single red eye that the smaller one had. “Ah, that would explain why the scientists look like they do,” Aversa said as she looked at the massive claws of the robots.

Undyne conjured up two more spears that she clutched in her hands. “One, two or five doesn’t matter. I’m going to make these guys pay for killing our friends!“ The robots said nothing as they charged forward the trio with ill intent.

@Raynar Saassin

Once Celes saw the smaller creature, she had no chance to react as Undyne took it out in an instant. Before asking what that was, five robots appeared and attacked the Trio with ill-intent, causing Celes to get herself ready for action.

Two of the robots targetted Celes who readied her sword in combat, rushing towards them. One of the bots rushed in with a melee attack but was deflected by her Sword in which she slashed one of their arms off. However the other one had a perfect opportunity to knock her down and it did so, knocking her towards a wall. Getting up quickly, she noticed her Sword wasn't going to work when she was being double teamed, she took matters into her own hands.

"Undyne! Aversa! I hope you won't get hit by this!"

Celes closed her eyes and concentrated for a moment before utilising the power of Magic and fired a level 2 Ice Spell towards the robotic adversaries in front of her which would cause ice damage to her opponents!

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back