We're All Mad Here What would you think...?

TMITM

Megalomaniacal Arbiter
I would like to get people's opinions on a few things. After all, this is more your world than mine.

What would everyone think about items being introduced? Would that stay true to the concept?

The introduction of items sounds interesting, though that's gonna depend on what kind of items those will be.

Hm... here are my ideas...
Basically Items would be classified as things that there are multiple of, and they can be anything from ingredients to items that can heal, whatever. Basically giving your character temporary abilities that they don't have. I think people would be able to create their own, they just would have to contact me about it - y'know, before creating an item that can kill instantly or bring back the dead.
Artifacts would be classified as things that there are only one of, and they would only be created by an admin, and, naturally, would be unique in their power. maybe there's a writing competition for these? Idk.
There's advantages and disadvantages for this. On the advantages side, it would help people get engaged and keep people interested, but it would shake up the playing field, and people wouldn't be as equal. I don't know. I'm also adverse to chipping away at the freedom I promised people...

Last edited:
Agreed. While items can spice up the rp and maybe give hope spots for otherwise completely hopeless situations (ex. a lowly mortal somehow causing a member of the Council to go out for their blood), an item may become too centralizing when not properly put in check.

Yeah - maybe if they die they drop the item? So that if you have an artifact or something you have more power, but also have a target on your back?

Maybe items with strong effects should also have equally strong drawbacks to help prevent abuse (ex. an item that doubles strength but halves intelligence as a cost)?

I was thinking more of temporary abilities that the character might not already have.

Back