What's Everybody Been Reading?

I've been reading a lot of military sci fi..... I've been reading 2 Book Series by Evan Currie I recently finished the Oddsey One series and I'm currently on the Fourth book of the On Silver Wings series .

I'm currently reading the second book in the naughts and crosses series, it's very good, if you haven't heard of the naughts and crosses series then I recommend you check it out, touches on a lot of serious themes and it's very interesting.

I’m reading Aurora by Kim Stanley robinson right now and loving it! It’s told from the POV of the ship’s AI, telling the story of humans set out to colonize a new planet. Definitely recommend for sci fi fans so far, though I’m only halfway through.

China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan. After watching Crazy Rich Asians I needed to continue the story.

I just finished a really good book called Six of Crows, by Leigh BArdugo. It was kind of like a magical heist book, and I'd highly recommend it
Have you read any of Bardugo's other books? Six of Crows actually has a sequel called Crooked Kingdom and it's just as good as the first one! I absolutely love the Grishaverse, where that duology lives, and actually got a book of hers for Christmas... and finished about three days after I started. It's called The Language of Thorns, and its a collection of six fairy tales from that world. One Zemeni, three Ravkan, one Kerch, and one Fjerdan. It's pretty short, shorter than her other books, and the stories are all very dark (like Six of Crows), but it's a very good read if you're wanting something with tiny standalone pieces. I personally don't know how I feel about it due to the darkness of it, but it was mostly just one story that rubbed me the wrong way. The other ones are fantastic, especially the Fjerdan one.

I finished a book a few days ago called Mask of Shadows. It's basically The Hunger Games combined with court intrigue and manners. Oh, and a genderfluid main character who falls for a really cute girl who's sorta royalty. At some points the secret master plan is hard to follow along with, though, and it's kinda hard to tell what gender the main character Sal is at any given point unless it's directly brought up in the story or you pay very close attention to what Sal wears. But I would definitely recommend it.

I just finished an amazing book called Tailchaser's Song. It's like Watership Down, except with cats. I'd highly recommend it!

Recently I've gone back and read The Mists of Avalon I read it years ago, but saw it on the shelf and I needed something to read...it's a really good book on it's own. The follow up isn't as great but still a good read.

I'm actually reading a piece of work by my friend who is looking to publish soon, so I guess that counts?
And I have been meaning to finish off Harley Merlin and The Secret Coven.
I am struggling with it, but I have a habit of being stubborn enough to read things through to the end. I like to give it a chance. :p

Currently im finishing up the mortal instrument series and I have bought all the clockwork and dark angel books. I'm excited to start them, just need to find the time!!!! I saw the movie they made for mortal instruments and while it wasn't 100% to the books, I liked the way they interpreted the story.

I'm excited to see if the tv series is any good. Im super into anything supernatural!!!!

Currently trying to work through a book called Monster by Michael Grant, it's a spinoff from his Gone series. I'm not really pleased with in all honesty, probably going to abandon it soon and if my paycheck allow for it, order some new books. If not, reckon I'll reread A Song of Ice and Fire for the... third time I believe?

Currently im finishing up the mortal instrument series and I have bought all the clockwork and dark angel books. I'm excited to start them, just need to find the time!!!! I saw the movie they made for mortal instruments and while it wasn't 100% to the books, I liked the way they interpreted the story.

I'm excited to see if the tv series is any good. Im super into anything supernatural!!!!
The TV show is much better in my opinion. The acting... well, it gets better with each season. I feel like the actors were trying their best with what they were given as the script isn't always too great. Overall pretty good, worth the watch if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm currently reading Harry Potter again, since I hadn't done it in years and it's bringing me such good memories. I had forgotten many things and I'm enjoying it like it's the first time.

Back