What's The Hardest Thing About Writing?

If there's one thing that can be stressful is to check both your spelling and grammar. It's a bit embarrassing when you pressed enter during RP and then you see some misspelled words. Plus, you read the sentences you've made and it sounds embarrassingly bad.

If there's one thing that can be stressful is to check both your spelling and grammar. It's a bit embarrassing when you pressed enter during RP and then you see some misspelled words. Plus, you read the sentences you've made and it sounds embarrassingly bad.
I run my writing through 3 websites to avoid this XD

Three Websites? I know there's Grammarly, which I installed as an add-on on my browser. Any others?
Grammarly can suck it.
Pro writing aid Checks style, Grammer, Different word selections, Structure, readability and a whole but load of other things.
Slick write Checks grammar, Passive voice, Sentence Structure, and a bunch of other things.
Here are a few examples
Yeah theres one more called Scribens and it does basic grammar stuff tells you different readability (flesch index and Gunning fog index) and helps make sentences better

There you go!

Last edited:
This is probably nothing new for this thread but I can write things amazingly in my head while in the shower or whatever, but as soon as I sit with a book or at the computer my ideas come out about as well as a child telling a story. I can write and rewrite it for an hour or more and end up with naught but a blank page to show for my efforts.

I also struggle with being positive about my ideas. Like it sounds cool to me right up until someone asks and it all suddenly seems trite and silly and rubbish.

In regards to role-playing this usually means I struggle to write the first post, especially the very first scene setting one, but once I'm a couple of posts in it all just flows like some kind of river that I sometimes struggle to stop to let others have a turn haha.

Right now, I am having a LOT of trouble coming up with a plot. I have a group of characters I adore from various different stories, and I would love to put them into their own proper story, but figuring that all out is so hard for me. I often develop the characters a ton and know where I want to get to, but figuring out how to get there is the hardest part. Also starting a story, like I was saying. I have no idea how I am going to get all of these people I love together into one thing.

The hardest thing is when you write a WHOLE started, takes up a whole page, and the person responds with one line, and you are like.. "Is that it?". The other thing that is hard, is writers block. I get it and it gets hard to respond.

Motivation: Your own motivation to actually write the thing you've been daydreaming about for ages, and figuring out your characters' motivations to get them to do the thing you've been daydreaming about.

I feel like the hardest part of writing is starting. It's always the scariest part mainly because it's the time where your least comfortable. It always gets so intimidating.

Honestly?? Prolly keeping track of character’s traits, that’s probably easy for others, but for me it’s always hard to keep track of small details, or sometimes big ones too, it’s a funky thing.

Another hard part’s is me typing too fast and making grammar errors, I know people complain about autocorrect, but that feature’s the only reason my replies come out decently :emoji_grimacing:

Procrastination. Not actually procrastinating. But always being busy as a modern human. Working every day to get by, having to find time for all the tasks you need to accomplish throughout the day. Whether you're cleaning, working, shopping for groceries, or taking care of a family. It is hard for most people to sitdown and enjoy anything. Don't get me wrong, I like to write. But there are days where I have done so much that I am just too drained to sit down at the laptop and bring out some creativity. Or it's so late by the time I am finished with everything else, I have little time to sit down and pound away at the keys putting something together. I've gone to short bursts. Writing with my morning coffee. Writing before I start work. On my lunch break. I reserve the rest of my time to accomplish those other important tasks. But I am still thinking of writing. I think about my characters a plot. Maybe a storyline to follow. But the bane of most of my writing is procrastination, because something more important needs to be done.

As @luka, has said; writing is always hard, if your mother tongue isn’t native to it. Grammar is also something I struggle with despite even having English as my primary language. I also think the writers block is a monster of its own. I have had quite a few stories stomped for a while because of it.

I feel like plot and motivation (plus a little inspiration here) make me struggle. I can never seem to come up with many good plots in my writing and my RPs and I end up having to piggy back off my RP partners. Not to mention I struggle for some specific characters to decide on species I can never understand why.

Back