whats your favorite fictional race to roleplay as?

A phoenix shapeshifter. Although, I like all shapeshifters. Nephlim and faeries are fun too.

For the most part, even in Fantasy settings, I usually shoot for human. And ya know, I'm not even sure why! Though if I have to, I'll always roll up an elf.

I would have to agree with many of you, either a Vampire or Demon. Perhaps even a half breed. Part human, Part Vampire/Demon.

Reason for the half breed is because a better development of the character. The pain, the fragility of a human and the cold heart of the Vampire/Demon. Mixing both together just in my eyes is brilliant.

ben10.jpg

Pretty much all of them.

On a more serious note, animal people. Recently had a craving for spiders.

Let's not forget Elementals, Fae, and if they're a race and not gods in the setting, the four guardian beasts of China.

There's golems/automatons/whatever their equivalent is, so that I can bs some magic-powered armcannon.

My current tabletop rp character is a half-orc monk named Harold. He was a runt of the litter found by a passing monk and instead of fearing the creature, took Harold into the monastery where the monks raised him as one of their own.

I love playing this race because he is conflicted about where he truly belongs. He is also immensely strong but is so innocently naive to the World beyond his walls that it's endearing. He easily became a party favorite.

Though I've never roleplayed before, I'd have to say I'd love to roleplay as a Naga. Their basically half snake half people. I just generally like half people haf animal creatures for some reason.

Hmm... Magic users, shifters, and supernatural creatures (vampires, werewolves, ghosts that can become touchable ((I forgot the word)), demons, etc..)

I know that is a lot, but magic users really are my go to. Wizards, sorcerers, necromages, apprentices, potions masters, healers, elementalists -- you name it, I'm there. I have a weakness towards elemental powers, and so I generally lean toward those finds of powers when I can. I have played so many rps with the characters being able to control an element each. Then of course there are the endless other spells in a well-versed wizard, so I love to stretch my skills and try new things -- new ways of casting spells; limits; studies; advancements; new ways that it can be hard, or even painful.

I just started a book with a friend that is about a supernatural subculture on Earth that has finally been revealed, and I'm a demon, vampire, ghost, witch, werewolf, and a banshee, so... that's a good idea at my supernatural tastes. She's a human, cherry-blossom dragon shifter, ghost, angel, snow leopard shifter, and the head demon. That should give you an idea on HER tastes. I learn toward the darker side of things.

Shifters are always fun and interesting. I've never played a character that can morph into different humans, just animals. Am I the only one who feels like it's cheating to have the shifter change into many animals? I mean, I love it, but I get this little feeling in the back of my head that it is too easy and... TANGIBLE! That's the word I meant for the ghosts! ... Ahem. ... Anyway does anyone else feel that way?

Oh, and superheroes, but I'm scared to mention that here.

I absolutely LOVE Witches but lately hybrids and succubi have my attention. Very interesting to see, play, and interact with.

Androids are always a favorite of mine, they have so much potential in difference genres. <3
Though Usagimimi's are also a pretty big weakness of mine.

That is a really tough question. I love playing a mix of things, but mostly something humanoid, but have this other worldly quality to them, making them beautiful yet haunting. whether it be from the pits of Hell, The heart of the forest, or depths of the ocean, or another plane. Though personally I always love playing a good Gargoyle stylized and home-brewed after the Disney gargoyles.

What an intriguing question... because now I feel like I've been doing it all wrong. I like playing androids/robots but now I'm thinking I might have been spending waaayyy too much time role playing humans. Thanks for the food for thought!

Back