What’s your favorite genre and why?

Favorite genre... I'd say probably dark fantasy, though I do tend to like fantasy in general, specifically medieval fantasy. For the dark fantasy part I just enjoy it because of its grim nature, the feeling of helplessness it can bring with it. As for (medieval) fantasy in general, I just really enjoy swords, chivalry and magic, so that's why!

Medieval fantasy used to be my favorite (and I still enjoy it!). But within the past year, I discovered I really enjoy RPing in the American Wild West! The mix of action, adventure, and romance of the era is hard to beat. I take a lot of enjoyment out of digging into the history of specific towns. And I also just find the backdrop of the civil war and how it shaped the country over the following couple decades super interesting.

It probably helps that I know how to write horses. And that I like revolvers. ;)

Suoer human, I feel the genre is over done don't get me wrong but for me a decent origin story can set up some amazing stories, my ideas are usually more as to why people do there heroing and not what they do though

I like fantasy, specifically slice of life style fantasy. I love to integrate magic into regular life and come up with ways in which it makes things a little more whimsical.

Science-Fantasy... Sci-Fantasy? Sci-fan. Hmm...

I like fantasy and science-fiction in almost equal measure, but my favorite is genre is fantasy that is treated like sci-fi. Meaning... fantasy that has well-established and strictly adhered to rules in its lore, and explores the fictional elements with an interest in how each fantastical aspect of the setting might function in regards to how our reality does. Hard magic systems, detailed biology in the species and races, and all the other ways one could pull science into fantasy. When something is "just because" it is, my pedantic butt is gets so frustrated. I'm hungry for the hows and whys of the magic n' dragons n' swords n' all the Tolkien-y jazz. Because I love all that Tolkien-y jazz... I love the aliens n' tech n' sci-fi swag too, but just not as much. Especially for my own writing and art.

Apart from that, I enjoy the darker variants of most genres. Grim settings full of... just anguish... I wanna see the characters suffer, man. Just torture the will to live outta them all, yesss... Makes me make little nummy noises.

I like animal fantasy, or really any fantasy in general.

edit: Forgot to say why. The answer is, I’m not really sure, I just like the idea of animals talking and whatnot

Modern Fantasy to Modern Sci-Fi. Look at all the cool shit I could do there. Also because androids. I love me some robot waifus.

Its easily fiction, specially urban fiction, is not that reality is boring but I just find a lot mote entretaining reading about fantastical things, powers and abilities mix in in our everyday world

In fact, it is fantasy for me as well. It is not hard to explain, I just love the endless opportunities. Maybe you play in the modern world one time, r perhaps you are in an ancient, self-made world? Everything is possible, and I guess that is what I enjoy about this genre.

Sandbox fantasy, cliche answer, I know. But this specific type allows you to merge different settings, make crossovers, and create interesting character dynamics. Two, or more characters from wildly different universes could make for some eye-catching interactions, maybe even give us a deeper insight into their traits and personality. Chiefly, it is a double-edged sword, capable of creating storylines that keep players on their toes, or absolute, orderless chaos where players run around like headless chickens. But it is a worthy gambit.

My favourite is high fantasy genre - usually with a medieval setting. I’m currently in an RP elsewhere though, where the characters keep switching worlds (we take it in turns to be the host) and my medieval era characters are enjoying all the simple things in the moderns worlds - like drinking water that isn’t brown. :emoji_sweat_smile: :emoji_thumbsup:

My favorites are fantasy and historical fiction. I love any type of fantasy, but ones that are set in the modern world especially appeal to me. I find it interesting to picture how magic would be used in relation to technology. And historical fiction is pretty cool, but historical fiction set in WWII is my favorite. I read way more fantasy than historical fiction, but I love both of the genres.

I LOVE Fantasy, Six Of Crows is one of my ultimate favorite novels set in that very Genre. It's fun, chaotic and hella good! Once you read it, you'll want more for sure! The magic, the blend of science even, the comedy, there's even a touch of romance and darkness, it's just a wild ride. Read both books, it's a duology, and I didn't mean for this to become a book rec but here we are~

Back