What's your favorite thing about roleplaying?

Fleshing out characters that you get to be in another world in your head. I love to pretend to be other things. From creatures of the night to people from supernatural worlds, I love to put myself in their positions.

Gotta say the stories. Roleplaying brings so many players and characters together, each with their own backgrounds, motivations, personalities. It gives every encounter and event more depth than one person could create, because there are conflicting biases and perspectives from a purely individual standpoint. That leads to further stories, with every character shaped by their experiences in a different way. One post could cause or affect arcs and stories that would've been lost in obscurity without it.

Agreed. The stories are everything; along with the character building and development. I love seeing a character grow or develop relationships with other characters and having those relationships mean something. I love getting lost in the story lines and being able to step outside of myself for a while. I can get away from everything around me and dive into this world that I'm helping to create. I can be someone else for a while.

It's downright therapeutic.

I know everyone likes RPs for different reasons. For example, I love the different characters that are described during. It really puts a picture in your head! The universes described are fun too.

This is gonna sound weird, and that's because it is. I like roleplaying because i get to live vicariously through characters who are exorandy and go through interesting situations

I love how you just get teleported into this entirely different universe. You can just write to your heart’s content, and it’s such a great way to channel your energy. Plus, you get to experience some really neat characters from it!

My favorite thing about roleplaying would be the ability to be someone else, almost like a masquerade. Rather than confining myself to who I usually am, I feel free and shapeless. It's become one of my favorite past times, and a kind of sanctuary for me.

Escaping into another world fiction that I have created with someone else. I like the idea of feeling like a writer that is telling a story but I am co-writing it another person.

I also like living in different world as someone else or like playing a character who is quite close to who I am. In role-playing, the possibilities are endless.

I enjoy role playing because it allows me to space out from real life. I get to have a second life that I can fully control and enjoy!

i really like when a rp gets me to cry im really good at writing about dark stuff and i really enjoy being able to cry about it too since i tend to put a lot of personal emotions in my original characters so sometimes it just help

I love the imagination, of being able to escape reality for just a short time during reading the roleplays, or responding to them. I usually only do long term. So the plot can be made up as we go.

I like the near-instant feedback, being able to bounce ideas off another creator, and experimenting with things I might be uncertain with in a "less serious" setting. For example, writing in a setting I'm not familiar with, or perhaps trying out a new kind of character.

Interacting with a bunch of characters from different sources in a different world, how they blend and mesh with each other; The multiverse setting's always a favorite of mine because of that.

Some people watch movies, read comics, or novels to escape reality, but for me, what really helps is getting into the mind-set of a new Muse (character) or at least, walking in their shoes. It's more immersive on my end and it gives me that sense of acting, (a dream of mine) but since I'm too shy I never went with it. So this is the second best thing in a way. Weird, maybe, but that's what it's felt like for me for years. I get to be someone else, reinvent in a way. It's not me, but it is since I'm writing it, writing their lives and sharing it with other players. It's even better when there's a working plot and everything is agreed upon from the get-go.

I've wanted to be a novelist but I never really finish my own side-projects and yet, when I'm writing with others, I write more than I would if I were on my own. It's what's actually keptme writing all these years and I'm grateful for having discovered this RP thing all the way back in high school. I'll rp until I can't anymore ^^

Back