What's Your Favourite Genre of RP?

Taki

Taki
Heeeeyo~
I was just wondering what's everyone's preferred genre of role-play on this site and seeing if there is a common trend. So far my favourite genre has been Sci-Fi/Fantasy, hit me up if we share this interest!

I can't wait to see what sort of worlds I'll be jumping into and the adventures that are set in my destiny.

-Taki

I haven't even begun to start a roleplay here yet, I hope that will change soon. I really don't have favorite genre it's more about the story. The ones I do the most are fantasy, modern fantasy, modern, scifi. I don't mind medieval or fandoms, some, either.

I think I like a mix of realistic and fantasy. So it plays in the real world, and it has some fantasy things in it.

I haven't role-played in a decently long time and I have yet to be able to start on here. Typically I used to stay for more realistic slice-of-life role-plays or fan-fiction ones, however that was when I was younger and now I'm hoping to broaden my horizons and expand my skill set.

I really like fantasy and sci-fi. I love to see how weird it can get in an RP and those seem like the best genres for that. But slice-of-life is always a lot of fun too.

[Modern, Hard Sci-Fi (as opposed to Soft Sci-Fi, which is basically Fantasy with lasers, and magic gets renamed as psionics or something), and Urban Fantasy Slice-Of-Life, here. Not a huge fan of settings with heavy focus on military, though. Give me Sex and the City before something by Tom Clancy, but give me a hard sci-fi piece about neurodivergence or something over either.]

Last edited:
Horror.

I keep turning my games (regardless of setting) into horrible dark and torturing things... Not just splatter punk or gore, psychological torture and haunting elements just scratches and itch for me.

I'm a fun guy otherwise :p

oh y'know , the usual popular stuff : fantasy, science fiction (with a huuuuge soft spot if its biology related), and fun wacky adventures yeeee!

I mainly go for sci-fi and fantasy and usually trend to the more serious side of it. I enjoy reading humor, but I usually won't write too much of it unless I'm joking around in short spats, like my introduction. I also like original content more than fandoms when I RP, although I don't think I'd say no to a Fire Emblem Awakening RP. If that seems rather contradictory....well then just go with sci-fi and fantasy.

I like fantasy best myself, although sci-fi is a close second. But really, as long as it has a good plot that keeps me engaged, I'm down.

Modern fantasy, or urban fantasy, depends on how you want to call it. Both the major variants of: occult underground in a normal world and "basically supers with fantasy/arcane/paranormal flavors".

Also, world hopping is a close second.

Back