When I Met You (LadyAwesome & Silence)

Thalia stood, arms crossed, listening to the man - Frank - with his explanation. She nodded, unfolding her arms from her chest, her face still stern, "Fine. We will go with you. On one condition," she met his eyes, "You are to be completely upfront with us about everything. You don't have to know about your mission, but we want to know why the Russians are looking for you - for us. Why do they need you so badly? And why did our plane crash?" She could tell the man did not like to explain himself; he was used to telling people what to do and they do it without question. Too bad for him, she thought. She wasn't going to follow a total stranger who treated them more like a herd of cattle than fellow survivors.

This woman was still trying to give him orders. A slight grin came to his face. "Anything I tell you is going to be a favor. You're the one with your arse over the fire. Not me. I'll try to make it as enjoyable for you as possible. Why the Russians are looking for me happens to be a matter of intelligence. They need because I stole the intelligence after killing someone. Our plane crashed because it was shot down." Frank batted his eyelashes mockingly. "Does that make you feel any better about doing what I say?" It was highly doubtful. Still it was all the better it was going to get for the time. "Now if you would all just pick...Nevermind I'll name you something I can remember and you'll just have to remember it."

Almost instantly he could feel the woman glare at him. Turning toward her he frowned. "Well do you want me to give your name away? You'd like the Russians to call you by name? I think maybe if we have to communicate if they overhear it would be better to use a name that you wouldn't typically answer to."

Thalia raised an eyebrow at Frank's explanation, "Honestly, it does make me feel a little better. If you wanted to kill any of us, I'm sure you would have already. At least this way we know you're not all talk and can help defend us." She walked up to him, her glare softening, and met his eyes, "You can call me Thalia." She made sure her bag was secure on her shoulders before turning to the others, "He can help us to survive. It's wise of us to stick together and all contribute to our survival. He knows how to survive off the land. Listen to him, and we may make it home." The others nodded an acceptance and began to gather the necessities. She turned back to Frank, "It's on you to keep us safe then," her eyes were stoney, worry building in them, "What do we do now?"

Thalia took it all wrong. Frank's eyes almost popped out of his head. "Wait...I can't guarantee that you'll all get home. I'm just the damn best chance you'll get at it." Hissing into the woman's ears he met her gaze. It wasn't quite as harsh as before. Only thing he liked better about that was the fact that she would be easier to work with and the people seemed to be more inclined to listen to her anyway.

This was all leading into what he needed them to do. "First lets not wave at anyone else." That was the first and foremost of their thoughts. "I've got a mini natural fortress I found a few days ago." So far it was going to be the best shot they had. "Lady I need you to do exactly what I signal. I'll have to take the kid with me. There isn't a chance in hell that you'd make it down from the fortress in time." Looking to the mother of the girl he sighed. "You'll come with me too. Gonna need someone to stay with the girl and I doubt she'd like to sit all by herself."

Francis started pointing to various objects that they had either made or brought with. Finally he pointed to Thalia's backpack. "I need to know what you have." Didn't matter what kind of look she gave him. At this point he could very well use something that wasn't from the island. Anything really would work and if she still had some alcohol he was pretty sure he could make a bomb that would be enough to get a distraction. "I doubt we'll need the leaves. There are a few of them around here. Going to lighten some of this cause I'm taking the pack." Digging into his shirt he produced a knife and started to cut into one of the bags. "Hold this." Taking out the contents he handed it to the lady while she watched him. "Making a little surprise here."

Thalia held the backpack securely, "Nothing that will be of any use to you. I still have some alcohol and a few medical supplies, but that's all you need to know. And You're definitely not taking my pack." She eyed Frank defiantly, as if to say Try all you want, but there's no way in Hades you're going to get this. That's the last thing she needed was for someone to discover what she was hiding in there.

She secured her pack on her back and watched Mr. Bossy-Man, "What can I do to help?"

At least he had bags to work with, but the lady was highly uncooperative. Finally Frank stopped what he was doing. "I don't give a damn if you think it will be of use to me. You don't know what I'm doing and I need to know what I have to work with. Hell I've used tampons to stuff into gun wounds. It kind of expands and restricts bleeding." Gradually he slowed as he finished that sentence. That was awkward at best. "I need the alcohol for sure." Putting a hand out he beckoned for her to show him the bag. "C'mon I don't have time for this. You gave me your word and its bloody hell for me to keep mine. All your doing is endangering and cheating every person here by withholding what could be potentially life saving."

That did get the other people to stare at Thalia. They all wanted to survive and so far this guy was the best shot they had. Francis waited for a moment longer. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Thalia raised an eyebrow at the tampon comment, suppressing a smile. Instead, she took a step forward, her nose inches away from Frank's, her backpack secured on her back, and her eyes stern and unwavering, "Nothing is wrong with me. You don't have the faintest idea who I am, or what is in this pack, and that's one of the only things that is going to save you and everyone else here once we're off this island. I told you that you can use the alcohol and medical supplies, which I will hand to you when you need them, but you and everyone else is going to back off about this pack and everyone is going to keep their hands far away from it. The only way you are going to have free access to it is by killing me first, and if you manage to do that and get what's inside, you'll all be dead. Do I make myself clear?"

The woman was trying to be cunning and enigmatic. Frank found her to be fully irritating. "What's in that damn pack is going to save us now." He wanted to see it and if it was going to save them when they returned then he was going to need to see it. "If it's so damn important then I'd better know what it is." Seemed that she was going to be as difficult as possible. It was not the preferential move but, she had somewhat forced him to do it. "Alright I'll take what you give me then." While the woman was busy he took the moment to throw himself on top of her. Pulling a knife out he cut the shoulder straps to the pack. "I told you to cooperate. Whatever is in here I need to know." For all he knew she could be carrying a radio or some sort of tracking. By her talking he was almost ready to believe that she could have been an agent that they actually got on the plane in time and she was the tracking device that they were using with her precious pack. Pulling the pack open he stared at the little box. "You have about 5 seconds to explain this before I kill you and bust the damn thing open."

The nerve of this man! Thalia sat up, fire burning in her eyes, a look of desperation and anger and fear crossing her face. She shoved the man off of her and stood up, dusting herself off. She grabbed the box out of his hands before he had time to react. She stared at the group of people standing around her, and let out an irritated sigh, "I can't tell you." She shook her head and met the man's eyes, furious and almost deadly, "You just don't know when to quit, do you? Even when I tell you that yours and everyone else's lives are at risk, you still don't stop." She clutched the box close to her, ready to fight anyone who tried to take it out of her pale hands. "If you must know, all I can tell you is that it's deadly." She paused a moment, forming in her mind what exactly was okay to tell these people. "My name is Doctor Thalia Hunt. I work with an organization - one that you only know about if you're in it. It's a secret society, one I can't discuss. But we do good, we research using alternative methods and find alternative cures. I'm on an assignment to deliver the contents of this box to our location in England. Inside is a virus - a very deadly virus - that we've been using for research. That's all I can tell you." She met Frank's eyes, a fierce, challenging look in her own.

(Rofl this will be interesting.)

Frank's fingers clenched into fists soon as the woman stole the box out of his hands. "You don't know when to quit either. I asked you time and again what the hell was in the box and I don't give a shit in you're in a secret society." As for her explanation of what was in the box he couldn't help the smile that came over his face. "How deadly is deadly?" He was already starting to think of ways to use it. "I might need it to send back with the Russians." Already his eyes were lighting up at the mere prospect. Either the woman would hand it to him or Frank was prepared to take at least one vial. "How is it spread? Airborne, injectable?"

((I know. Our characters are so ridiculously stubborn xD ))

Thalia glared at Frank before taking a step back, clutching the box close to her chest, "No. You're not using this on anyone. Trust me when I say that once you start it, it can't be stopped. I won't tell you anything else about it." With that, she turned abruptly and trudged off back into the forest. She was going to have to hide it from this man. It was her duty to protect the world from what was inside the box, and she was prepared to do anything to keep it hidden. But with this madman - this Mr. Soldier, Mr. Kill the Russians, Mr. Stubborn Asshole - was going to be a problem, and Thalia knew it. He boiled her blood and irritated her down to her bones. And she knew he was going to do anything to get to the box, so her best choice was to hide it.

No matter that he was doing his best to save their lives. The woman was going to be obstinate and she wouldn't tell him anymore. "Can't stop it?" That sounded even better. "Isn't there a cure or anything in the box? We could vaccinate ourselves." Just the prospect of having the Russians secret service decimated made his agent heart glow. His eyes narrowed and he growled when she started to march off. Motioning to the rest of the people to stay put he trudged after her. "The hell are you doing? You do realize that they'll weaponize this if they find it. Russians are going to do everything possible to find me and kill the rest of you. I'll say that your fate will be a bit easier than mine and I've got some selfish reasons for wanting to keep the rest of you alive and out of their grasp. Who likes torture?"

Grabbing her arm he turned her toward himself. "Doctor I need you to understand something very simple. Either you talk to me and tell me what this is all about or it will turn into a mess. I take it or the Russians take it. If you have good enough reason for me not to use the damn thing then I'll make sure you get it out of here." Nevermind the fact that it was going to end up in a report and he would more than likely end up following her in the long run. Still it was better not to mention that right now since she was probably highly unamused.

"Of course there's no vaccination for it! I said that there's no stopping it, and I mean it." Fury danced behind Thalia's eyes, not getting how this man could possibly not understand how deadly this is. "You want to use it against the Russians, for whatever the hell mission you're on, I get it. But it wont just be the Russians Frank. Once the disease gets started, it can't be stopped. You infect the Russians, and you infect the entire world." Thalia let out an exasperated sigh, rubbing her temples with one hand while still holding the box close to her chest. "Look, I'm sorry if you feel like I'm being uncooperative. You can use anything else in that bag, but not this. You have your duty with the Russians and your mission, and this is my duty. Can't you understand that?" She looked up, meeting Frank's gaze, a pleading look in her own eyes.

Regrettably the woman had a viral disease that didn't have an end or cure yet. "Damn it!" Cursing loudly he kicked at the ground and then stared at her. "You can't hide it then. Stick close to me and I swear I won't use it." Last thing Frank really wanted was for the disease to affect him. There were very few things that shook him up, disease was one of them. It wasn't the kind of fight that you thought your way out of.

"C'mon we need to start getting ready for the attack that will unfortunately get here before we're ready." Even if they had all the time in the world they were never going to be fully prepared because these civilians wouldn't like what they were going to have to do.

Thalia let out a sigh, relief crossing her eyes. She nodded, "Thank you." She tucked the box inside a pocket in her jacket, making sure it's secure. "I'll do anything I can to help." She hesitated, tilting her head curiously, "What exactly is your mission anyway? And who do you work for? FBI? CIA?" She knew he had to work for something important like that. He was obviously an agent, and he seemed to know how to survive off the land no matter where he was at. But it was a big coincidence that just when they discovered this disease and sent her on the first place towards their research facility, that an agent is also on the same flight, and it crashes. She didn't distrust this man, exactly; she just wasn't too sure of his motives.

"You know I can't really tell you who I work for." He did appreciate the fact that she was finally agreeing to work with him on this. "First thing we need is some kind of distraction. I'm gonna dig through the rest of the pack with you and see if we can make a bomb out of any of that stuff." If nothing else the alcohol put in a small container and lit with a few other chemicals would make for a great Molotov. Something like that would get plenty of attention and he would want to have it launched from somewhere. It was better that than throwing it.

Once they were back to the group he began digging through the bag. "Doctor and I are a team. Girl will stay with us. Rest of you will take stations that I point out when we start walking."

Thalia nodded, following Frank's lead, "Fair enough. But why do the Russians want you? And why are you so certain they'd kill us? Shouldn't we be focusing our energy on getting off this island rather than attacking?" There was no hostility in her voice, just pure curiosity. She sat next to the man as he dug through the rest of the bag, and she pulled aside the few things that could keep them healthy, leaving the rest to him for his weapons and such. "What are we going to do?"

Frank sighed when she asked more questions. "I have certain information I stole from them and they have no incentive to keep you alive. In fact because you're here with me you're considered a target." The man mixed the bottle and handed to one of the men. "You throw that and run like hell. Throw it when you see a Russian. I'll tell you where you're stationed."

Looking back at the lady he almost had to laugh. "Attacking them is how I'm going to steal a helicopter for us to leave in." Frank took a deep breath. "Ok we'll start walking now." Picking a spot he pointed to a woman. "You stay there. If they get close you run fast as you can to rock point over there. That's where I'll be with the doctor and the kid." At least he would have an idea of where the Russian's were approaching from and he could from the rock point determine how he wanted to get to the helicopter.

"Oh." Thalia nodded, accepting his answers, as they were finally straightforward. She followed him, helping him with whatever he needed.

"Soooo, what are we doing then? Besides, uh, supervising." she raised an eyebrow, looking at him watching his commands unfold.

The agent frowned at her. "You are full of questions. Can't you just trust me to do my job?" All the same he couldn't blame her for wanting to know so he answered her anyway. "You're watching that little box and the kid. You keep the rendezvous and I'll be down below trying to get a helicopter for our way out of this. I'll be watching for signals from you. If you come running down to me I'll know we're compromised and its work on the double."

Back