When I Met You (LadyAwesome & Silence)

Thalia rolled her eyes at the agent's comment, "I don't like not knowing things, okay." She hesitated a bit, contemplating her words, "I do trust you, Frank."

With that, she turned and walked to the girl, checking her almost healed wounds and trying to keep the young girl's mind from their situation.

"Well just do what you're supposed to." Frank wasn't too concerned about human relations at this point. Leading the way toward the point he stopped at the first check out. "You stay here." Pointing it out to the man in the group, Frank made sure he was situated and then moved onto the next spot. After everyone was placed except for the doctor and the girl he continued to the rendezvous.

(Hi there, sorry I've been MIA so long. I got super busy with school and work and what not. But I'm back now, if you're up for continuing this RP!)

Thalia scowled at Frank, but said nothing. He really needs a few sympathy lessons. She thought to herself.

She made small talk with the girl, asking about her clothes, and her friends, and where she was from to keep her calm. They waited at the rendezvous for Frank, Thalia quietly watching and observing their surroundings.

(Yeah we can continue. My life is a little insane right now, but I still get on here. This is where I go to relax. Lol)

The agent took the woman and the girl to the rendezvous and left them there. He couldn't believe how much the doctor was talking despite the fact that they were in serious danger. At anytime the Russians could land and if she kept talking like that and someone was near it would give her place away. However, it wouldn't matter too much to the agent because he knew that if the Russian's got there they wouldn't have time to get her before he could return.

Waiting in the brush a ways down he watched and listened. The constant thwap of the chopper blades. A string of men started to jump out of the helicopter and they landed on the beach with a puff of sand. As the aircraft lifted away from the ground the sand whipped into a cloud and distorted the images of the men advancing for just a few moments. Still it was long enough for the soldiers trained in these kind of operations to have disappeared. From here on out it was a game of cat and mouse. One that Frank couldn't afford to lose.

Thalia saw the commotion finally taking place. The girl whimpered and she wrapped her arms around her, comforting ans quieting her. They ducked in the shrubbery, doing what they could to blend in and not move. She watched the scenes before her unfold, and waited patiently for Frank's instructions.

((Sorry these are so short. I don't know where you want to take the RP, as I'm sure you have a plot in mind, so I'm just trying to let you lead.))

(Same as it has been since the beginning. Pitch in whatever comes to your mind. I don't have anything set so solidly that you can't have some input. Responses this short are actually quite problematic for me.)

Gradually the figures began moving up the side of the slope. Frank glanced to the side and he saw a slight movement like a snake. He knew they were headed toward the doctor and the girl! If he wasn't in a place that was safe for the moment he would do something about the fact that the two at the rendezvous were about to get surrounded and then the first loud yell was heard followed by a boom. Almost instantly attention was diverted away from the hill with the exception of one man. That was something that Frank could handle.

Being trained didn't make him superman, but he could take on a fair amount of odds if he had the right setting and equipment. Racing through the brush he nearly made it to the man when he felt a sharp sting brush along his shoulder. Of course they were going to try and bring him down. Frank couldn't let that happen. Not yet. Throwing all his weight into the opponent the two of them tumbled to the ground. In a mad scramble for the gun in the man's hand another shot went off. Thankfully it had a silencer so he wasn't alerting the entire group. Frank finally wrenched the gun from the man and he shot him. Immediately the agent began to pluck through the soldier's gear and strip it from him. As much of it hat fit he was going to wear.

Even though the camouflage shirt was too short in the arms Frank used it anyway and he rolled the sleeves up. "You stay here." If she couldn't obey that one very simple order then he couldn't do anything for her. After a moment he changed his mind. She needed to come with. He couldn't afford for her or that virus to get away. "Actually, you're coming with me."

Thalia knew they needed to get to a safer place, but she had no idea where safe would be right now. She looked around their surroundings and found a group of rocks and boulders to hide behind. She ushered the girl and herself behind it, laying low and keeping unseen from the opponents. The two sat back against the rocks, trying to keep their breathing level and silent.

She told the girl to stay down as she peeked over the top of the boulders. She didn't see any dead bodies, on either side, but that didn't mean there weren't any. She saw Frank tackle a man on the other team and shoot him dead before stripping him. "D-Doctor Thalia..." she felt the girl's hand tap her side, her voice sounding scared. "What is it. sweetie?" Thalia turned around, met by a whimpering girl and a gun held to her head.

Thalia stiffened, "Gustov," the name came out harsh and filled with regret and hatred.
The man holding the gun smiled, an evil and psychotic smile, "Thalia, my darling. It's been a while, hasn't it? What have you been up to?" He kept the gun on the girl, and his eyes locked on Thalia's.
"You mean since you left," Thalia did her best to keep her voice steady, but on the inside she felt like she was dying all over again. The last time she had seen Gustov... well, she'd rather not visit that alley again.
Gustov rolled his eyes, "Always so dramatic my dear Thalia. It was nothing personal, I had to leave. I couldn't stay after you all figured out what I was really going to do with it." He looked her up and down, a creepy and sickening smirk crossing his face, "Don't tell me that you miss me?"
Thalia burned with anger and rage, trying to keep her cool, "Not in your dreams, Gustov."
"Right, well, that's not a problem, mind you," his accent was heavy, and Thalia could tell that it had been a while since he spoke English, "Now, for what I came for. Where is it darling?"
"Where's what?" Thalia stood still, careful not to give away the location of the virus.
Gustov chuckled, "You know very well what. The virus."
She didn't speak for what felt like ages, realization dawning on her, "You did this. You knew the virus was being transported. You crashed the plane. You organized this ambush."
This time, Gustov let out a hardy laugh, "Of course I did! I've known that virus was being transported for ages dear Thalia." He glanced between her and the crying girl, "Give me what I ask, or I will shoot her." The girl whimpered.
Thalia hesitated, stuck as to how to proceed. She couldn't kill him, he was beyond death, she knew that. But she couldn't give him the virus, and she was sure as Hell not going to let this little girl with so much life ahead of her die because of a stupid mistake made many years ago.

Before they could even make any kind of decent ground there were more men closing in. Frank ran to the side, he planned to make a side swipe and take the flank of the men closing in. For now he would have to leave the girls alone. Crouching, he ran a few feet and then waited. He had to hold this position for a few more minutes. If the other folks on the island were still alive he should be seeing some of them now. Earlier he'd heard one of the homemade bombs go off and that should have been a good indication.

There wasn't anyone moving on the hills so he started to creep along the edge of the current hill till he reached the base of it and then Frank moved into the trees for cover until he was on his way up the next hill. It wasn't looking like a normal operation sent to get an agent. The people were all slaughtered on the hill. This was something entirely different. Only other reason that he could think of the Russians killing these people was so that there was nobody left to tell any stories and they wouldn't have anyone in their country that they didn't want there. Frank needed to get back to the doctor and the girl. Unfortunately the girl's mother he would consider dead unless she started to move. There wasn't time anymore. If these folks had talked then it was only a matter of minutes till their chance to get off the island was gone.

Checking the clip in his gun he sighed. Approximately 3 bullets till it was time to change it out. For now he may as well save himself the grief and change it so he didn't end in the middle of a heavy fire fight and get himself killed. Sliding the nearly empty clip into one of the extra pockets on the vest covering his shirt he grabbed the other clip and shoved it into the gun.

A voice sounded the closer he moved toward the girl and the doctor. It wasn't a familiar or friendly tone either. Moving closer to them was a group of men as Francis had anticipated. His trouble was getting to the woman and the girl. This was probably going to turn into a much longer task than he had originally thought and they may not get off the island if he had to worry about keeping the virus safe too. Grabbing the man on the furthest part of the perimeter Frank pulled his neck sharply from behind and the bones in his neck ground against one another as the man made a harsh gurgling cry before the crack sounded. Taking the rifle Frank ran for the next hill. His best option now was to try and snipe off the men that he could till the doctor was free and then they would have to make a run for the helicopters.

Gustov shook the gun in the direction of the girl, his tone snappy and running out of patience, "Now, Thalia. Or the girl's life is on your head."
Thalia met his eyes again, still not sure what to do, and trying to buy some time until Frank could get back to them, "You'll just kill her anyway, and me, as soon as I hand it over."
He laughed, a cold, sinister laugh, "Thalia, dear, you could always read right through me." There was a gurgling sound off to their left, like someone was being dragged by the neck. Gustov's smile faded into a grimace, "What was that? There can't possibly be other survivors, my men are the best in the world. Everyone else should be dead." The girl let out a sob, probably thinking of her mother out there.
"No..there's no one else who has the skills to survive this. It's just us." But Thalia knew what the sound was. It was Frank taking down the men surrounding them just a few feet away, and she kept her eyes on Gustov so as not to give away her secret weapon.
"You always were a terrible liar, my darling." He moved his gun to the girl's head, placing it against her temple, causing Thalia to step forward in protection, "Don't try anything. And don't lie to me again, or she's dead. You know I'm not an empty threat kind of person, so I don't know why you even tempt me Thalia."
This was it; Thalia was running out of time and stalling tactics. They were going to die, Gustov was going to get what he wanted, and then he would kill Frank.

There was another gurgle that came from their right, distracting Gustov. He scowled as he turned to look for the source of the noise, removing the gun from the girl's temple. "What the...?" As if they vanished into thin air, all the men surrounding the group were gone, leaving just the three of them and Frank hiding in the grass.

(Sorry for the delay. I am extraordinarily busy these days. If you had other plans for Gustov let me know. Otherwise I took control and decided to move the story along.)

Frank shot as many of the men as he could while they closed in from their positions. Once they were closer together he would have to come down from his hill. Still the less they had for collaboration among themselves the better. Let them think that each person is isolated for as long as possible. Carefully pulling the trigger one last time he watched another soldier fall to the ground and then he packed the gun up.

Currently the camouflage shirt was the only kind of real disguise he had. Pants would have been too small on the other man and so he was still running around in his business dress pants. It looked stupid, but who cared about looks for now. Running up behind the first man he grabbed him around the neck and twisted. Frank dropped to the ground and waited for the next man to move aside. It provided enough cover from the ground where he was at if he rolled to stay clear of his sight when he turned back to his position. As the man turned his head Frank rolled with the motion and then silently got to his feet. By the time he killed the last man he still laid low in the grass. It seemed they were more interested in the virus.

Perhaps it had nothing to do with the information that he'd stolen and more to do with the doctor that the plane was shot down. What if in this case he was planted on the plane for this reason? Sometimes there was a counter objective and...there were too many things laid out to chance for that to be the case. It just happened to be this woman's lucky day that she met him. The man turned around to face him and Frank recognized the face. This was a man that was known for some of his dealings in Russia and he knew the lady. A curious turn of events. Frank had a few questions for the good doctor when he finished here.

Gustov eyed the ground. He knew what he was looking for. If the woman had someone with her it was a very experienced man. Backing up he moved to place himself behind the girl and Thalia. It limited the fronts that he would have to watch. Spotting some movement in the grass he shot a few carefully aimed rounds.

Being seen was the single disadvantage of this position. Frank rolled to his back and he made sure the sniper rifle had a few rounds in case he had to use it then he pulled out the hand gun. It wasn't as accurate, but he was close range and he needed something fast. Just as he turned again a bullet ripped into his shoulder and one hit his leg. With the first hit he grunted and he moved a hand to cover his head for the moment.

Almost tilting his head Gustov waited for a moment. There wasn't anymore movement. All he'd heard was the single grunt and then nothing.

Wincing the man moved himself as carefully as he could. Scooting down the side of the hill he was out of sight by his estimation and he rolled into the gulley below. Laying in the gulley he lifted a hand to touch his shoulder. It was oozing blood consistently and the muscles in his leg had begun to spasm from the bullet. From the feel of it the one bullet had run around in his shoulder and he could feel it in his back. Pushing himself along with his one good leg he left a small spot of blood on the ground and he held firmly to the gun with one hand. Finally he found a place that was pretty well protected from view and he waited for Gustov to show himself.

Instead of finding the man Gustov found the blood and he glanced back at Thalia. There was no telling how bad the hit was or if he should even be concerned about being found. This was going to turn into a little game that he intended to win.

Frank tried to adjust position and he felt a twinge of pain run through his leg. Gritting his teeth he set the gun on the ground in front of himself to pull his belt off. Maybe he could minimize the bleeding for now. Then he heard a rustling of the grass. Tilting his head up he saw Gustov approaching. The agent grabbed his gun and turned onto his side so he could steady his one hand. His injured arm shook so bad it was almost impossible to take an accurate aim. Holding the hand tight with his other he squinted a little and shot the other man in the jaw bone. It wasn't quite a killing hit, but it was enough to stun Gustov for the moment. There wasn't time to hesitate. Pulling himself out of the ditch he fell with the first attempt to walk, but forced himself back to his feet. Another shot sounded and he felt another bullet rip though his ankle this time. Hitting the ground he found himself facing Gustov and he fired everything that was left in the clip.

The agent winced and sat up. He was hoping the doctor would be of some help. After all his grouching at her this would be a big slice of humble pie, served up hot and ready. Without some kind of makeshift support he knew he wasn't walking anywhere and dragging himself along was limited considering his one shoulder could be in better shape. Not caring that he was only a few feet from a dead man he laid back on the ground and stared at the sky. At least it was warm for now.

(No worries I absolutely understand! As for Gustov, I kind of have a plan, but I made it work. Pretty much, my plan is that he can't be killed. I'll explain more through my character, but otherwise this is good.)

Thalia hunched over the girl, shielding her from any stray bullets. She knew Frank was a good hit, but so was Gustov. And Frank had no idea what Gustov was really capable of, not yet anyway. When there was no sound of firing bullets, she sat up, still comforting the girl, "It's okay now. Stay here, if you hear anything, run over to us, okay?" The girl nodded and clutched a sharp, pointed rock she found sitting close to her. Thalia took a last look around before moving, and walked the few feet towards Frank, who looked to be seriously injured.

She kneeled next to him, her hands starting to address his wounds already, "Frank," he seemed to come in and out of consciousness, "Frank, it's me, it's Thalia, the doctor. Can you hear me Frank?" He wasn't responsive, and it was worrying her. At first analysis, he looked to have 3 bullets lodged in different parts of his body, though none looked to hit anything vital. "Okay, I'm going to get you fixed up, Frank. Just hold on. I'll be right back." Thalia turned and ran back to the girl, and take the three of them back to camp. As she approached the rock pile that she left the girl behind, her worry grew more intense. There was a trail of blood leading up behind the girl and she couldn't see any sign of movement. When she reached the girl, the sight she saw made her collapse in tears: the girl had been shot in the front of the head, a single bullet. Her head was slumped over, her eyes still open and red, and there were stains down her cheeks where her tears fell.

Gustov. It was him, Thalia was certain. Only he could be so heartless. "Bastard..." Thalia screamed from anger, the guilt and rage building up inside of her. How could she let this happen? How could she have been so stupid? She never should have left her. Never. Behind her, there was a soft, painful groan and she instantly remembered why she walked over here in the first place. She needed to get Frank back to camp. Her anger and guilt and tears were going to have to wait, because she was damn sure not losing someone else because of her.

She ran back over to Frank, adrenaline taking over her body. By some miracle, she managed to half drag and half carry Frank back to camp without causing any further injury. She laid him in his bed inside his tent and immediately began to strip him down to his underwear. She grabbed her backpack with all the medical supplies she could find and started back at his wounds. He still wasn't coming into full consciousness, but she was going to have to deal with that after removing the bullets. She started at the shoulder and worked her way down, successfully removing each one and placing them in an open seashell bowl next to his bed. She stopped the bleeding by wrapping his wounds in cloth that she tore for random bits that were lying around the camp (which of course she sanitized in alcohol first). When she was finished, she made some more of her herbal pain remedy and dabbed it around the bullet holes. "There," she sighed a relief, "All finished." Frank was still passed out, but was breathing normally again. "You're going to be just fine." She whispered as she placed a blanket over his naked-except-underwear body and left the tent to gather whatever she could from the fallen people.

By the time she got back into the tent, Frank as stirring awake. He groaned and opened his eyes looking at her questionably, "Oh good, you're awake," she gave Frank a sweet smile of relief, "You had me worried, you know. I thought I was going to have to survive on my own. How are you feeling?"

(I'm trying to be more organized and I'm kinda sucking at it. Dying with the current load of papers to write. So I'll throw up a response here and I'm sorry if it is short.)

For whatever reason the woman was trying to talk to him and Frank looked at her briefly. It had to be a dream. She was with the girl. His head lulled to the side and he passed out again. Several more times he remembered waking up. One time it was during an awkward bumping along with his legs on the ground. Sadly he didn't even have the energy to move, much less complain. Then it all changed from the sky to his tent. This wasn't right...they needed to get one of the helicopters and get off the island. Still he couldn't seem to muster the energy to get anything done.

A while later Frank woke up. Groaning, he turned his head and he looked over at the doctor. "Ugh..." Pushing himself up on his good arm he winced a little. He was hurting pretty badly. The blanket rolled and tumbled off his chest and then he noticed he wasn't wearing naught, but his boxers. "You uh...Yeah I gathered as much." Wincing he reached for the crumpled mess of clothing laying on the ground. He needed this woman to help him and yet it seemed that she was going to try and stop him. Finding himself laying on his back again he moaned. "Let me up." Even then he wasn't particularly active sounding. "We need to get one of those helicopters and get out of here." Then it occurred to him that he needed his shoes and she had to have her vaccine. "Doctor you need the vaccine!"

Almost bolting upright he began to reach for his clothing and shoes with renewed vigor. "We have to get out of here." Frank didn't get far into his anxious grasping for the clothing before his injuries began to throb. "You might be on this island all alone. I won't make it if we don't get out of here now." There was way too much opportunity for infection here and he wasn't in condition to take care of himself.

Thalia stopped Frank as he started to jump up and gather his clothes, her voice stern and unwavering, "No, you're not going anywhere. Stop that, or you're going to open up your stitches and cause more damage than is already there." She laid him back down on the bed, throwing the fallen blanket back over him. "Don't worry, we are safe for now. I still have the virus." She picked up his clothes and folded them neatly, setting them on a pile of leaves next to the bed.

"You got shot a number of times Frank. I know you have this stubborn instinct that tells you not to, but if you seriously don't try and rest for a few days, then you very well could die. Gustov--" She hesitated after saying his name, knowing that as soon as Frank got his thoughts together, there were going to be some serious questions for her, "T-The man you shot...he's not dead. He will be looking for me, but we took out a lot of his men, so he will need to regroup. He didn't get what he wanted, and that just makes him more determined to get it." She filled a shell bowl with some fresh water and handed it to Frank, encouraging him to drink. "We can take the next few days to come up with a plan. We are well hidden from him and his men, so we should be alright for now until we can find a way to steal one of their helicopters and stay alive."

The momentary rush of adrenaline wore off and Frank suddenly started to get pale. He felt horrible. There was no other way to describe the way he ached and then that gut wrenching surge of pain that flooded his body with even a blink of his eye. "Ugh...." Cautiously he turned his head to watch Thalia while she folded his clothes and set them down nearby. It was a pathetic rag tag collection of clothing if he could even call it that. Personally he would have preferred to have his tactical gear instead of those ridiculous dress pants and a shirt that was too small to wear.

"I know I was shot. I can feel it just fine." Grumbling a little he barely moved and another surge of pain coursed through his body. While he tried to stay still to let the nausea abate she continued talking and then tried to give him water out of a shell. "He doesn't have anyone left." Sipping at the water Frank barely got enough to wet his throat and he pushed her hand away. "That's enough." Closing his eyes he almost started to drift off while he thought of everything she had just finished talking about. Then it struck him. "What?" Frank's eyes flew open though he was careful to limit his movement. "He's not dead? I shot him in the head!"

As there have been significant delays in the post I am letting you know that I will not be participating in this thread anymore.

-Thanks
Silence

Back