Where did you start?

A Play On Words

"We're all trying to forget someone"
Heyo pals!

I'm wonderin where y'all started RPing and where. I started back with Google Plus those many years ago haha- What about you?

I started with on Fanfiction.net when I was 14, mostly Pokémon RPs, little did I know that the girl I met through said RP would become my girlfriend 2 years later. Still with her now!

Anyway, that’s a little off topic XD

Nah! I want to hear all of your stories! I RPed on a site called MeWe for a while and let me tell you, those were some dark times lol

RPing with a friend way, way back before I actually know the word RP.

In site, I started with Fanfiction.net, drifted to NewHorizon.something [I can't find it anymore]

Now, I am curious, what is MeWe? hahaha

I started on geeking. While the public posting may have been absolutely wild on there, I actually had some solid roleplays. I'm not sure how I really stumbled onto geeking, but for all the creeps I had 3 cool people hit me up. I wish I was still in touch with one of my partners from there, but unfortunately, the app shut down without warning which left me with no way to contact him.

I started with a LARP group that had a forum for IC interactions in between the monthly events. Which led to playing some tabletop D&D and then writing about some of the stories. Someone mentioned doing a play-by-post campaign during the LARP game's off season... which didn't actually happen, but it made me explore the whole idea of play-by-post RP and a lot of years later... (19... shhhhh) I'm still enjoying the hobby.

I played LARP back in the day :) Never had a written element to it - that sounds like it was cool :)

Istarted on Harper's Tale MOO, a live action, real time, text based roleplay environment :) This was back when I was in college like 25 years ago. It was based on the Dragonriders of Pern novels by Anne McCafffery, and you could actually roleplay being a dragon rider or a harper or whatever, go through the training etc. Was a lot of fun :) I played a couple different characters over the span of a couple years, a dragon healer, and a Lady Holder.

Once I graduated from college I didn't have the spare time (I worked in a computer lab back then so, tons of time just sitting there in front of a computer ;) ) so I looked in to finding a way to continue doing what I loved that didn't demand constant attention. Play by post was the next natural step.

I started on a site called MyWarriorCats, which then changed to Swizeo, then TeenRPG, and I think fizzled out from there? Then I've just been RPing on Omegle, Tumblr, and now Discord for a while.

^ So we have starting out on Warrior Cats in common!

I began on FeralFront, and when FeralFront started having a server buggout, I signed up for RpNation. I stayed there, mostly worked with a multifandom RP group that fell apart due to drama that...well, I instigated...and that led to those people betraying me and ensuring my ban from the site would be permanent. So I've been looking for new places since, sadly they're either mostly inactive or are a niche I'm not part of. Discord is way too unstable so I left that behind, too.

I started in the forums of a horse breeding and caring game xD with a wolf pack roleplay. Never thought I would still be into it 11 years later!

Back in the day I used to play Gaia Online, specifically fishing to earn gold. It was easy but pretty boring so I started to join Rping-oriented fishing rooms to more easily pass the time. Mind you, it was all asterisk style stuff. Eventually, there was a room where everyone had so much fun with the RP that we decided to make a thread for it in the RP subforum. I have been role-playing ever since!

Back