Who, or What, is She? (Discontinued)

"Oh yeah..," the two nodded. The woman picked at the hole in her head, and the officer placed a hand over his wound.
"Maybe.. a squirrel," the woman suggested. The officer shook his head. "Not for me," he answered. "I have too much mass. You can have the rodents. I'll find myself a stray dog or something."

"Plus, if she's gonna die, it'll be me to kill her. You don't get to bargain, so don't try." Emily growled, raising a blackened clawed forearm once again.

"We don't kill," the officer said before turning towards the door. "We adapt. Have a nice day shifter. I hope we won't have another meeting." With that, both visitors were gone to find new bodies.

"Everyone was looking for you at work today," Megan was saying as she, her boyfriend, and Maime were sitting down for dinner. "It's so sweet how they miss you."

Maime absently nodded as she spoke. She wasn't concentrated on eating, just figuring out what she needed to do next.

"The hope is mutual." Emily said to herself when they were gone, then closed the door and sighed, "Well, at least they won't kill her. I wonder what people they're going to disguise as next."

"Are you sure you don't want to go to the police Mam," Megan asked. "I'm sure they'd help you find the jerk that hurt you."
Maime knew that she was trying to be nice, but her ignorance was becoming annoying. She waa fighting between telling her the truth, and looking like a fool, or stay a paranoid old woman. They were difficult choices to make.

Emily sighed as she sat down and continued to fantasize about how she would kill Maime. Smashing her head in, tearing her in half horizontally or vertically, gutting her, tearing her apart limb by limb... The list could go on and on, and she couldn't wait to kill that waitress after everyone in town besides Emily, Maime, and the skinwalkers disguised in whatever skin they would be in died.

"I appreciate your kindness, and suggestion Megan," Maime said. "But I don't think they'd be able to help me. I won't be here too long, or I'm sure he'd come for you too.." She stood from the table, and left to the bathroom, her plate untouched.

"Honestly, why am I leaving Maime alive? She's telling every single person she knows, so she's definitely a hazard to my survival." Emily asked the air, now confused by herself. Slowly, however, she smiled sinisterly, "Because we're playing a game of cat and mouse." She finally decided, "And soon, that rat will be caught."

Back