Why did you begin to do roleplaying?

I started Roleplaying because I wanted to get better at writing and I found that I have over time. For my first few years as a Roleplayer I only worked with Female characters only to finally over time get used to roleplaying outside my original comfort zone. It makes me sad when someone has roleplayed for as long as I had and only sticks to one type of character and wont branch out for others to have a full experience of story making.

I hope this post isn't registered as a spam, but that is a very very long story.

I joined Chatango in 2014 by simple chance. We were watching Wimbledon from that year with a few other people. Grigor Dimitrov was doing well and no Bulgarian television was broadcasting the tournament! I watched the quarter final against Andy Murray that Grigor won in 3 sets. I noticed some people were chatting in a window next to the game and had no idea about it. I turned out to become quite interested in chatting with them later as also the 2014 Football World Championship was running. So... I clicked on the chatting window... and it brought me there. In the end Dimitrov lost the semi final to Djokovic, even if he had a match point, but that's irrelevant to the topic.

I started meeting all sorts of people in Chatango. Some of you may have been there, they know what a mess that site is. It was the same mess back then. However I saw a few profiles that were saying "role-play". And other stuff. I turned out to meet role-players here and there and so on. Believe or not, I even met my fiancee there. Rest her soul. She died of leukaemia on March 29th 2016.

And... it kinda happened after her death. At that moment I felt the gradual need to start a new life. One day I noticed a girl, who had... a starter for a story for her RP. I wrote the follow-up.... And it began. It was feeling so natural, so fluid, so accurate. In the end I told her that was my first role-play. And she couldn't believe it! I've role-played ever since. Even though I kinda struggle finding long-term partners.

And that was it. Soon enough Chatango started becoming a sinking ship. I created lots of characters, started lots of stories, but often either one of us got busy. I mostly did one-on-ones. I tried groups, but like I said, there is where I need a guide. I won't repeat myself. But I kept on rp-ing. Some partners did stick to me in the long term. Two role-plays there are currently on hold. One, due to my partner being ill - I don't feed high hopes for that, it may be her last RP - and the other, because my partner doesn't really have the time.

However, as I said, Chatango is a sinking ship. I just knew I had to move on at some point. And I ended up here.

Basically role-playing is more than a hobby to me. It's my source of expressing my feelings in general and I don't know how much I'm running away from reality, but I neither am a rock star, nor a sports star. It also is my way of not living in the past and healing after my big loss. It's simply one of the things that came to me to soothe me when my fiancee died. And that's why I don't want it to get out of my life.

So this is my story. Deep and sad, but it also is a story of a man, who always looks for a way to keep on fighting in life.

Started roleplaying because I wanted to write out a story and bounce that off with another person. It's a pretty interesting experience; varying from story possibilities, expressing one's emotions, to the escapism. Usually RPd on other sites before coming here, started around 2015 to be exact and have been doing it whenever I have the free time.

Back when GaiaOnline was at its peak, I regularly played the fishing mini game for gold and rather than fish alone I would join a room that had at least three or four people. One day I entered a room devoted to RPing and eventually landed on a Naruto RP. Everyone in the room got really into it so one of the members decided to turn it into an actual thread in the forums and the rest is history!

Back in 2002 I think it was, I got involved in community acting. I started out in children skits with hand puppets. I finally hit what I felt was the 'big time' for someone like me. Civic Theater. I did 3 plays, As you like it and Midsummers night by Shakesphere as well as Blythe's Spirit by Sir Noel Coward.
As Fate would have it, my voice lost its power and I could no longer 'throw my voice' to the back of the stadium and became so nervous that I forgot my lines. Thus I no longer did any theater.
I went into a bit of depression but my daughter and a coworker worked on me to at least give RP a try. I never got an standing ovation or a Tony or any other ward but I don't regret trying RP even if it was frustrating for me at times.

Played a ton of pretend at school.
Moved when I was young, across country, to a place where nobody did that.
Decided to do it online instead because I couldn't connect with these crazy 9-10 year olds who wanted to act like adults at any cost.
...On friggin Neopets of all places, then GaiaOnline when it came out.

Back when GaiaOnline was at its peak, I regularly played the fishing mini game for gold and rather than fish alone I would join a room that had at least three or four people. One day I entered a room devoted to RPing...

That hit me with some repressed memories, for sure. I remember that mini-game now. There was a group I was in that all went to the same room over and over and discussed OOC there instead of cluttering up a thread, as if it was somehow more 'private.' Strange times. Could've been a more successful site if they added more games like that and didn't try to make a forced rarity economy as the entire basis of the place.

The enjoyment of reading books, and writing myself stories. All this coupled with finding a group of friends online resulted in learning the RP world.

It was something I was curious about and something that I got sorta wrapped into back when I was a pre-teen. Back then me and my group of friends tended to RP in our meebo statuses before we found a site called Chatzy and did our RPs there. I've basically grown up doing RP every single day with them.

Back