Why did you begin to do roleplaying?

I started role playing when I found a friend who had a passion in writing to match my own. She knew all about the art while I had no idea what she was even going on about. I remember passing a notebook back and forth and making a lot of bad mistakes. Thankfully my friend was a patient teacher and we both had a great time. She then introduced me to my first online forum, and, well, that was that.

It started as something to do with my down time back on Gaiaonline. Before then, I had always made scenarios and kid games, but that was my first time on a forum. Let me say that it took off on its own. Before I knew it I was in a community learning about other peoples wonders and creativity while exploring on my own. It became a core part of my life. The art and wonders of exploring a story, both yours and mine, is what made me forever love Roleplay.

I didn't really know it was roleplay when I did it at first. I thought it was just 'playing pretend online' or something to that sort. I was really fun and soon I learned the name of roleplay and such. I later realized roleplaying fit well with my knack for writing. Now, I enjoy both writing and roleplay as a second life to live out my fantasy (Like you posted above)

Both living out a fantasy and living a second life got me into roleplaying. Being able to live in incredible worlds where depending on what it is, the only the sky is the limit was amazing, and still is.

I must admit, that question made me realize that I'd totally forgotten who my first OC was or why I had even begun roleplaying in the first place. When I think about it, I believe my first OC was called Irenlyn Lilljai and she was a Jedi who I used for Discord roleplaying for... maybe even two years. I originally made her on Roblox in a fan-made game called "Star Wars: Online Adventure". No idea if it's still up or how it's doing now, but I would roleplay with a couple peeps there until they introduced me to Discord along with a Star Wars RP server. And so I began writing Star Wars one-liners with them.

These days, I write multi-paragraph posts in original worlds, though. No fandom roleplays for me. I've long lost contact with almost everyone I would roleplay with back then, except for one guy who surprisingly sent me a friend request on Discord not so long ago. We had not spoken for like a year before that... It was strange.

TLDR; roleplaying not only led me here, it also got me into using Discord and generally being active as hell on social media. Well... on Discord, anyway. I feel too self-conscious to express myself properly on Facebook, and Skype is a bit of an island.

What made you get into roleplaying with others, was it getting to have a second life or living your fantasy?
Well, I started roleplaying with others when I found a website (which is now, unfortunately, suspended) and since I loved Sanders Sides, I started doing Sanders Sides roleplays with them and that's when I realized how fun and exciting roleplaying was and since that website's been suspended, I've been trying to find a way to continue Sanders Sides roleplays and, well, here I am!

Hrrmm. . . I would say I started getting into role playing when I had plot bunnies to capture. This was before I discovered writing prompts posted all over the internet. I was close to dumping the story I was writing before I stumbled upon a school roleplay when one should create an original character.

First attempt was so cringe worthy. But then on, I was hooked. Been out for years before again rekindling the joys of writing with someone, a fresh air from all the twisted and gorish things I come up with.

I found out about roleplaying on a game called Animal Jam. I started doing 1x1 or group rps with my cousins then went from there.

I started writing as escapism fantasies, but by the time I had a friend who enjoyed writing and creating as much as I did, I was probably around 17. We did all kinds of 1x1s with extensive character webs and unique worlds we created, and it was just a hobby we bonded over a lot. I guess we started roleplaying as a way to cowrite something and while it wasn't quite what I expected at first, I fell in love with it.

I have always had a active imagination and I love sharing story ideas with friends so I supouse the roleplaying just came natural.
And I adore playing with others and learning about their personal worlds.
Roleplaying is such a wonderful way to see new places and meet new people.

I think for me, it was when I met a woman online, she just liked to roleplay and somehow roped me in too.
It was bad, cringy and a little dumb but I fell in love with it!

Mhm, very good question! I guess, the first I discovered roleplaying was on an app named "Wolf-Quest". First-year... Well, I just did it if I was bored. But then I noticed how much fun you can have to create people out of nothing and just shut down the reality for once. For hours, you live again. No stress, nothing.
Later I noticed the Pro Gamers and it became a goal to wrap people into my roleplay and give my OCs different voices. I love that,

Escapism. I’ve had a few things go wrong in my life, and it’s fun to let that go for a bit and write about someone whose life isn’t screwed up, or at the very least, screw up a life in new original ways.
Roleplaying is a great chance for that! It helps distracting, really. Not gonna argue on that

Mainly because i wanted to escape into the world my favorite characters lived in and be able to talk to them looking at my first roleplay i now see how cheesey that is

And i also faked my age because i wasnt old enough to be on a...certain site. but now ive discovered this site and one other that alows my age and i WISH i found this site first but i didnt so now im honest about it
.. here at least

I first got in to roleplaying because I loved the Dragonriders of Pern books. I had just gone on the web - back in the day when Netscape was still a thing and there weren't a bajillion websites to be had. I just wanted to know more about the author and how she came up with the story...

And then I found there was a text based roleplay site where people were actually pretending to be new characters, like continuing a book where it left off. I thought that was really neat, so, I joined :) Loved it! But eventually got bored of just being in that world...so I went to find others. That was, oh, 20 years ago? Maybe more :)

I found my first roleplay within high school Freshman year. I found Wetpaint , and joined a warrior cat rpg, ever since I have been looking for a great rpg site to rp. Did roleplaylives or still am, but seeking something else too.

Back