New User Why Do I Keep Doing This To Myself

Combat

Your Weird Uncle
If I were to explain my experiences with roleplaying in one word, I'd probably use "Pain" or maybe "Crying." I also could maybe say "The look of fear in Charlie's face when he was on the boat ride in Willy Wonka."

But maybe, just maybe, forth time is a charm.

Now maybe I'm being a little over dramatic. In fact I am being over dramatic. Attempt number two wasn't that bad. There wasn't that much mental scarring from that one. Just everyone kind of vanished.

Well, it's not fair for me to just lament on the past. My name is Combat. Full name Combat Medic/Cleric, though I prefer for people to just call me Combat. I'm a twenty two year old man from Wisconsin who spends way too much time on the computer and writing. Though I suppose that last part would be something you'd hope for on a website like this... I'm currently finishing up my last year at university, trying to get an English major, and have an odd habit of repeating words.

You can probably thank Okami for encouraging me to try again, she's always been the one who brought me into this madness. For anyone who cares, Okami is my little sister. I'll go and label her as the one who referred me later.

My likes? Well fictional audience, the list would probably go on for a while, so let's just say video games, classical literature, and small pocket monsters. My favorite color is purple, I dislike politics, my zodiac sign is Pisces if you don't count that thirteenth zodiac sign, and I killed Mufasa.

Why am I trying again? I don't know, probably because my Dungeon Master isn't very good at making a story and prefers to use anime plots instead of making something original? Was I hoping that DnD would fill the gaping hole that roleplaying has left in me? Am I just overly tired and have eaten too much food for thanksgiving again?

Eh, it probably doesn't matter.

I had more ambitious plans for this introduction thread, but really, what more is there to say. I like seeing how people react when I make stupid character choices or have them attack an innocent gazebo.

Anyways, see you around.

And I wonder how I get myself into these types of situations.

Back