Why do you roleplay?

Roleplaying is a comfort for me, It's an escape from a reality I no longer wish to reside in, with every character I design and play as it feels as if I am living the story like I'm in another time another place another life.

It's an old hobby of mine that I dropped years ago. I've all but given up on my ambition of being a professional writer, but I can still do it for fun.

I role play because rhe real world gets to be to much. Besides, who doesn't love to pretend to be someone they aren't? You could be a King or a Queen, or a kick ass cop or a cunning mafia boss. Rp is just freedom, and it's fun to forget your real self and collaborate with fellow like minded people.

With so much going on in my life I need an escape route sometimes, or I need to get ideas for a story I am writing and role playing can give me inspiration, it can be an escape, it can help me calm down when I am feeling like beating the tar out of someone or something. Role Playing is also a way for me to become someone other than myself for a little bit and get away from the daily grind of being a mom to a kiddo with an illness that can be life threatening. It takes my mind off things no mom should ever worry about, like losing their child.

A little late, am I?

I roleplay because it brings me comfort and sharpens my creative skills. It also makes me feel like I am enough.

Is there anything not to like about roleplaying? That my friend is the greater discussion

batman-interesting.gif

I was a community actor but when my asthma interfered with throwing my voice to the back of the room. I had to quit.
My daughter suggested Role Playing and a co-worker who was into RP'ing, taught me how to RP.

Reactions: N0X
Escapism for the most part. Helps me unwind and destress. Sometimes you'll run into some wonderful storytellers and writers.

To explore the possibilities of my imagination crossing the horizon, into the universe of another’s consciousness birthing controlled chaos intermingled, to create a dreamlike escape from reality.

Oh, this is such a fun question. I roleplay because I love to see what other writers can add to my posts. I absolutely love the idea of writing stories with other people. I think it makes me a better writer, especially when I say, "I posted, but I'm sure it's great. I was rushed," and the other writer says something like, "Oh, it's great! I can work with this." I enjoy working with other writers.

Oh, this is such a fun question. I roleplay because I love to see what other writers can add to my posts. I absolutely love the idea of writing stories with other people. I think it makes me a better writer, especially when I say, "I posted, but I'm sure it's great. I was rushed," and the other writer says something like, "Oh, it's great! I can work with this." I enjoy working with other writers.

I agree, we can't ignore that it's a game! It's fun to bounce our creativity off of one another.

I can't really sum up my answer in one sentence. In fact, I doubt I could in one answer. There are many reasons why, I personally, role play. First and foremost, it's a way to let me express myself in ways that I normally would be incapable. Secondly, It allows me to inspire growth and change in others. One could also argue that it's a way for one to live out their own fantasies.

I honestly find it hard to choose one reason why I enjoy roleplay so much.

Because I'm secretly a Halloween Queen? holds first finger up I shall explain clears her throat Halloween, is the art of dressing up as many different real and nonreal characters and to be rewarded with delicious treats, or hope to be. waves hand "I see roleplay as this, and the delicious treats are the warm feeling you get in your belly when having fun with like-minded people, who can be sad one moment over rolling 1 or excited and cheering at rolling a nat 20 on an impossible chance. It's the experiences, it's the sick Sl, it's for one night, all worries of omg did I leave the stove on worries melt away and you're just there, at the moment when you might be dragon food but Ranger somehow talks the dragon out of not eating your tasty flesh.

Oh, and yeah, Game snacks are great too. But yeah, that's why I Roleplay! shrugs and nibbles on cookie Halloween!

I enjoy the creative freedom one has, even if it's for a short time.

You can be whomever or whatever you want really.

I also enjoy writing with like-minded and creative people.

I like to escape the mundane reality of life; the story aspect of it all gives an Essense of what could be. Life is hard and escaping it from time to time feels good. the complexity that can only come from imagination, we seem to forget as we get older.

Back