Why do you roleplay?

Roleplay let's you experience stuff, which you normally would not. It also releases your imagination from shackles. You can play as anyone/anything with any character trait, without needing to worry that it would hinder your daily life. You can play a sadistic evil character, even though you are normally the opposite, you can also explore the world as a nation which harvests energy from starlight, which gives unlimited energy in a steampunk universe.

Personally I like the options that roleplay gives me, but maybe I am influenced by sandbox games on that point? Who knows...

I roleplay for fun, to improve my writing skill, to build and immerse myself in a new world, and to become something I am not in reality. I use roleplaying as a way to escape reality, and to build my own. I can use my imagination, and create whatever I want and feel like creating. I can do what I cannot do in real life, and I can interact with others in the same world.

I enjoy writing as a whole, but sometimes it is hard to play for all the characters in a story by myself. I think that roleplay brings me into new genres because I am not going at it alone. Plus, its very interesting to not be totally in control of the storyline. Anything can change based on your partners reply which always keeps you on your toes. It is also a great way for me to experience things, even if fictional, and a lovely way for anyone to escape from reality even for a little bit.

Keeps my writing sharp and my mind busy with coming up with replies. Having someone wait on you is a great way to motivate me into writing or else I tend to laziness.

Keeps my writing sharp and my mind busy with coming up with replies. Having someone wait on you is a great way to motivate me into writing or else I tend to laziness.
Exact same reason for me. Speaking of which, any other RPs here your in right now that you would recommen?

I have a lot of stories that live rent free in my head, so being able to put them out there is the main appeal to me

I roleplay for fun but it goes beyond that. I create worlds. Characters, settings, nations, everything. I guess you could word it as world building. Like combining Warhammer with Dungeons and Dragons. I love to see stories progress as characters grow in all kinds of relationships with each other. I love the stories i build with my friends.
Of course with this site quickly reminding me of bluemoonroleplaying, i am thinking i am on the wrong website hah

Mostly escapism. I started RPing in a Harry Potter RP because I loved the world and wanted to experience it more. I love world-building and exploring characters in a low-pressure environment.

I like to write but I don't want to write every character. That becomes too tedious and when I try they all end up being relatively identical.

I like using my imagination to create characters and a stories with other people. I feel like I won't be judged on what I write if my character's personality is complete garbage it helps me gain confidence in what I write. It's overall just awesome!

I love to write but if I have to do everything myself I get bored quickly, but when there's someone keeping me accountable it's easier to sit down and write. It's also a lot more fun! I think I've tried every genre at this point and it has shaped me as a writer. I know what I like and dislike, and I've seen many different writing styles and developed my own. And then there's the escapism part of it. I can dive into another world, even if it's ours it's still different from mine, and it's comforting in a way.

I love "living" those fantasy stories. The feeling of me being the person in that world and having an awesome adventure, talking and meeting new people, doing what you want. It is a lovely thought and sometimes a litte escape from the real world. And its fun to see how others are in those worlds, what kind of fantasys they have and where they want to go!

One, for escapism, especially in times like these. Two, to write out something going on in my head. Writing out a nice story or participating in creating a story/dialogue.

Back