Open Wild West Anyone?

CorralDust

By hook or by crook
Idea #1 - Mail Order Bride (This RP idea is currently CLOSED. Scroll down to next post for more ideas!)

chico-1441405-1590366654.png

After an outlaw gang breaks up, Fred Linch ( gambler & gunslinger ) has grown disillusioned with the life he was living. But maybe it's not too late for him to find happiness? He places an advertisement in The Matrimonial News for a mail order bride. What will happen when his past resurfaces to haunt him? What secrets of her own might his new bride be hiding?

FlinchAd.png

Fred Linch's character sheet

What I am looking for:
  • Someone that might be willing to start the RP with an exchange of IC letters.
  • A female character with a secret or two of her own
  • Drama & probably a shootout at some point
  • Willing to introduce/play side characters

What I'm not looking for:
  • Smut - marriage would certainly come with expectations, but any NSFW scenes will be fade-to-black
  • Super speedy replies - No need to reply every day. I'm more of a once or twice a week kind of RPer and appreciate patience.

Since I'm relatively new to this forum, I'm more than happy to share examples of my writing to see if we might click well as RP partners! :)

Last edited:
Idea #2 - The Big Score (OPEN)

chico-1426879-1586403237.png

The notorious outlaw One-Eyed Bobby, along with his crew (which includes Dorothy Parsons) very recently pulled off a large heist. Your character might be a bounty hunter. Or perhaps a fellow outlaw from a rival gang? But either recovering the money (or simply stealing it) has the potential to be much more profitable than simply turning in a couple dead outlaws. So your character might infiltrate the gang? Alternately, the gang is on the run and come to your character for some kind of help. (I'm open to brainstorming exactly how to get the characters together!).

Dorothy Parsons' Character Sheet

What I am looking for:
  • Action/Adventure/Angst!
  • Possibly romance? (We'll have to see how the characters mesh.)
  • Male OR Female characters welcome. Romance will be MxF only, but there are 7 total members of the gang, so there's potential there either way.
  • Someone willing to introduce/play side characters
  • Plot twists!

What I'm not looking for:
  • Smut - despite Dorothy's background, any NSFW scenes will be fade-to-black
  • Super speedy replies - No need to reply every day. I'm more of a once or twice a week kind of RPer and appreciate patience.

Disclaimer: I know her face claim is a cosplay of Sadie Adler, but I have never played RDR

Last edited:
Idea #3 - Westward Expedition (OPEN)

chico-1432738-1574397776.png

Very early 1800s

Jacques is part of a group of exploring westward into what was, at the time, Louisiana. I have never found a suitable RP for this character, but am certainly willing to brainstorm if you've got a character that might fit into this setting. Maybe a native american? Maybe a fellow explorer? Or another fur trader? Possibly even a love interest in the more civilized part of the world that he exchanges letters with?

Jacques Character Sheet. (Some is in French, but I do not speak French! It was simply run through Google translate!)

louisianapurchase.gif

Last edited:
Colour me interested. Been a while since I've done a Western style RP and given how I've picked up RDR2 again after taking a hiatus from the game, this seems to fit in quite well.

All three sound quite interesting to me, last two particularly; was there one of the two you were more into of what's presented above?

Hmmm... tough call! Dorothy and the Baker's Hounds are a lot of fun to play and I'd never complain about getting a chance to spin another yarn with them.

Though I've really been itchin' to RP as Jacques because I have yet to explore that early in the Old West. He's a little bit of an odd character in the sense that he already has a death date set in Sept of 1804. He originated because his skeleton/journal/map were found in another game that took place in the 1870s. But the actual circumstances surrounding his death are still unknown (even to me!). I'm not sure if that is a selling point or off-putting. It's definitely different than how I usually approach characters.

If such a depressing end isn't your cup of tea, we could also tell a story that happens well before he expires. :) Or stick with the group of hooligans above.

(Ha! I can't stop watching your signature gif! o_O )

Life's got a lot of tough choices, especially with RP :3 And that's usually where I'm at with decisions, so you wanting to explore Jaques further works well for me.

I am not put off by dark or depressive themes at all! To be fair, it's not unknown for me to be super mean to my own characters. I enjoy it and it can provide some really good story. It's all good. Light and dark are both requisites in RP I find. Least for me.

We can certainly give it a whammy.

(I love it. One of my favourite film series too. It's very mesmerising a GIF >3)

Back