1x1 Winds of Insurrection

Coming forward, Kassandra would find herself walking right up towards the trailer that she had met Jennie in earlier in the day. It sounded as though a small creature was crying from inside, a cry that would make her feel...melancholy? But before she could examine it further, she would hear a loud noise, followed by a shout. The voice sounded extremely familiar...like a certain blonde teenager.

@Jeremi

How had she? Nevermind that. Sorcery seemed to be following her in this place. As she heard the noise and the shout Kassandra was tempted to rush into the trailer. Instead, she quietly went towards the door and slowly pulled it open to not attract any attention. If there was a foe inside she wanted a drop on them and not the other way around.

@Yun Lee

Inside the trailer, Kassandra would find Ryuji and Jenet, both looking deeply shaken. "I...I think we managed to outrun them," Jenet said, taking a seat as she caught her breath. "How's your leg?"

"Well..." Ryuji winced, rubbing a spot on his thigh. "It hasn't been good since the injury...but I guess a rush of serotonin from gettin' away from those robots helped, yeah?"

"...do you mean adrenaline?"

"Shit, is that what it is? Man, no wonder I flunked that test!" He then looked to Kassandra. "Hey. You doing okay, man? Thanks for the help out there..."

@Jeremi

“Better than you it seems,” Kassandra remarked closing the door behind her. “What happened to you two? You look like you have stumbled upon a monster.” She walked over to them to look them over. “If we are to work together then I don’t need either of you to be a liability out on the field.”

@Yun Lee

"What are you trying to talk to her for?" Jenet asked. "Not like she can understand us..."

"What makes you so sure that's a girl, huh? Just because of the hair?"

Jenet rolled her eyes. "Does it even matter? Either way...if the coast is clear, we should get going. I saw some smoke south of here. Maybe we can get you something for that leg of yours."

"If you say so..." Ryuji started for the door, limping slightly. He stopped right in front of Kassandra, smiling at her. "Either way...thanks again."

"Ryuji!"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm going." With that, Ryuji went through the door. Which, normally, wouldn't be a problem...except he walked right througg Kassandra, too. And a second later, Jenet did the exact same thing.

@Jeremi

What? "Specters and ghosts..." Kassandra mumbled under her breath. She liked issues that could be touched and if push came to shove stab them very hard until they stopped moving. Kassandra turned around to see if she could see where they went or if they had vanished into thin air.

@Yun Lee

The door opened behind them and they left out into the fog. It seemed to be quite heavy, though if Kassandra were to act fast, she'd be able to spot the faintest glimpse of blonde hair...and the glimmer of a metal drill slowly closing in on the teens from a few feet away.

@Jeremi

Kassandra tried her best to get her bearings on the situation. She pulled out her sword and the tip of the spear before charging towards whatever was holding that drill. Specters or not daring the fog was the only choice to her to get to the bottom of the situation.

@Yun Lee

As Kassandra dashed forward, the target was in sight, right up until a loud metal clang rang out. A massive red axe swung down, turning whatever had been there into nothing but parts. In the fog, she would see cold, white eyes framed by a blurry red mass stare down at her.

"Take heed, Eagle-Bearer," a voice whispered to her from right behind. "Nothing is as it seems."

Black claws gripped her shoulders and violently yanked her backwards to the ground. Upon landing, the Spartan would find herself in her bedroom in the palace. The mist was gone completely, as if it had never truly been there at all.

@Jeremi

Kassandra was white-knuckled from grasping her weapons. Realizing where she was she’d let the weapons drop on the bed. The Spartan knew what she had seen. Had it all been a hallucination? What about her new friends?

Kassandra needed to talk to someone about this. Grabbing the weapons off the bed she moved her way towards the door. There was one obvious choice, but someone seeing her going to Ryuji at this time would arouse suspicion. Instead, she made her way towards the door of Dorothea and gave it a knock. At this point, she was the only one she trusted in this place to speak about the strangeness she had just seen.

@Yun Lee

It took a few moments, but Dorothea answered the door, dressed for bed and a bit of a drowsy expression on her face. She seemed to wake up quite a bit upon seeing who her visitor was, though.

"Kass! We just keep running into each other..." She trailed off, frowning. "Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost."

@Jeremi

Kassandra seemed a bit sheepish standing on the other side of the door. "I apologize for waking you at this time of night, but something just happened that I have to share with someone that I trust." She looked around just in case there was someone else skulking the halls. "Can I come in? I might have a ghost story to share with you."

@Yun Lee

"Oh, don't worry, you probably just..." Dorothea trailed off, catching herself. "Wait, I forgot. Hubie isn't here anymore..." But noting how troubled Kassandra was, the opera singer held her door open, giving her the opportunity to come in. Once inside Dorothea would close the door, locking it to give the Eagle-Bearer a feeling of safety. "Take a seat if you need to, Kass. What happened?"

@Jeremi

Kassandra nodded and stepped into Dorothea's room. She had always been impressed with how neatly it looked. Taking a seat she started to share what had gone on during the night. "And that is when I knocked on your door," She finally finished. "I do not know what to make of it. It was as if I had stumbled into a dream that wasn't my own, yet I was fully awake. Or...I assume as much. Or the...Metaverse?" She sounded really confused. Like a student in class trying their best to solve the problem on the blackboard.

She looked up from he seat at Dorothea. "What do you think, Dorothea?"

@Yun Lee

Last edited:
Dorothea listened quietly as Kassandra shared the events of the evening. When asked her thoughts, she stood, pacing as she tried to rationalize everything. "Goodness...it's as though everything gets more and more complicated the further we go. It certainly seems like someone is trying to send you a message, though. But as to who that could be...I haven't the slightest idea. If Walhart needed to speak to you, he wouldn't have used magic to do so. And even then, this is magic I've never heard of before. Either this is a high-level sorceror, or it's the doing of someone not from Fódlan." She stopped walking, looking at the Spartan. "What about you, Kass? Is there magic in your homeworld?"

@Jeremi

"Not in the way that you imagine it," Kassandra remarked. "But I have seen things that a regular person would no doubt call the supernatural." She thought back to the technology she had found and the supposed mythical creatures she had fought in her world. That were only a cause of technology twisting them into these things.

"But this is something different...and I believe not caused by a native of your kingdom." Speculation at this point but it didn't hurt to do. Kassandra got out of her seat and started to pace around- "It's obvious this won't end until we find the cause and not alert whoever is doing this." She looked at Dorothea with a concerned look. "I am sorry for bringing you into all of this and the danger that will no doubt follow. You are however one of the few I truly trust in this kingdom and I appreciate your council."

@Yun Lee

"Someone not from Adrestia...it's an easy enough conclusion to make, but one that means it'll be a lot harder to track down who our culprit could be." Dorothea sighed in frustration, rubbing her temples. "It's times like these that I wish at least one of the other Black Eagles were here. I don't know how helpful I am in the grand scheme of things, being one of the only members without any real insight to internal affairs...."

But she seemed pleased, at least, with what Kassandra said. "Please, don't worry about me. I knew what I was getting into the day I ran away from Garreg Mach. Of course, no one could have predicted this, but I've spent too long fighting for a better Fódlan to let some rogue sorceror put it all in jeopardy. And if I can be completely honest...I feel the same towards you. I can't get much of a read on these other bounty hunters. And as for others under the Emperor's employ, well..." She quickly stopped herself, a finger to her lips with a glance towards her door. Perhaps some things she felt unsafe saying, even in the privacy of her own bedroom.

@Jeremi

Kassandra caught on and nodded. "I understand. This doesn't change anything other that we need to be even more careful. Enemies lay hidden everywhere." She sighed and got out of her seat. "I must go. I've taken enough of your time as it is. I will keep you informed if something happens. Again, I apologize for waking you. Better not let any servants see me sneaking around. Rumors tend to spread quickly especially in a crisis."

@Yun Lee

Back