1x1 Winds of Insurrection

Fortunately the man came forward, speaking to Dorothea quite casually. From her time out and about this afternoon, Kassandra would recognize his apparel as being local to Enbarr. Whether that meant he was from here originally, or just staying during The Melding, was unknown. He was thinner, almost to the point of being lanky, with short brown hair and a thin face.

@Jeremi

Well, she didn't recognize him at least despite getting quite a good look at him, though Kassandra would try to put his face to memory for the future. After getting a good look she'd lean back into hiding and wait for him to leave before making her entrance.

@Yun Lee

After a good...ten minutes or so, the man finally left, and Dorothea was alone. She took a seat at her vanity, reapplying her makeup for the time being.

@Jeremi

Finally! Kassandra took the opportunity to make herself known by knocking on the window and giving Dorothea a friendly wave from the outside before pointing to the window to let her in.

@Yun Lee

Dorothea jumped at the noise, a look of surprise plain on her face as she rushed over to her window and opened it. "Kass! How in the world did you get out there?!"

@Jeremi

"I climbed," She said in a matter of fact tone as she jumped in. "I had to stretch my legs for a moment, running on the rooftops is good for that," She smirked. "Perhaps next time I'll take you with me? Though you'd have to dress in something else more flexible and reliable than what you have on now."

Changing the subject she was curious to know who that man from earlier was. "I saw you were attending a guest when I arrived. A local noble?"

@Yun Lee

"And just when I think you can't surprise me any more..." Dorothea shook her head, a coy smile on her face. "I just may have to take you up on your offer. I'm sure my old outfit from my brief stint as our Assassin is laying around somewhere..." She moved to her closet to take a look.

Though at the mention of the guest, she didn't seem all that bothered. "Oh, him? I don't know if he's cleaned his reputation up enough to rub elbows with the other nobles in town. That was Metodey, an old...associate of Edelgard's. He and another old friend, Fleche, only just found their way back home." She didn't look to Kassandra as she added, "She was the one who brought the flowers, in case you were wondering. We spent a lot of time in the Garreg Mach greenhouse together, during the war."

@Jeremi

"With what has been going on in Enbarr I was just curious. It is nice to see friends reuniting," Kassandra replied as she poked around in her pouch before finally finding the ring. "The flowers sure are pretty. You think I could get me some if I met him?"

@Yun Lee

"She, actually. Fleche was a girl who had to grow up too soon...like a lot of us. Her brother was one of the top generals throughout the war, and she inherited a lot of his workload when he died. Maybe I could introduce you? She's a darling, and actually ran into a little seaside resort on her way back where she's goimg to take her mother in the morning. As for Metodey, well...the less I know about his affairs, the better."

@Jeremi

Good that Dorothea said it so that I didn't have to. Kassandra thought to herself. "Perhaps I will get the opportunity to meet her later." As Dorothea was getting ready she found Kassandra holding a ring up to her face. "But for now, what do you say about a little present?"

@Yun Lee

"What? Kass! You shouldn't have..." Something strange happened as Kassandra offered the ring. Dorothea lit up at the gift, but only for a few seconds. There was a flash of recollection in her eyes, and...sorrow? But she quickly composed herself, smiling and taking the ring in hand. "It's lovely, Kass. Thank you."

@Jeremi

Kassandra noticed the change, but she wasn't going to pry. Perhaps Dorothea would tell her herself in due time. "A reward for defeating the Rider," She replied moving the topic on. "I met...them today and got somethings elaborated upon, but perhaps we can pick it up a bit later. I'll let you ready."

@Yun Lee

"Oh, yes, of course. We're going to dinner, aren't we?" Hesitating a moment, Dorothea put the ring on, now smiling more genuinely. "I know a lovely place. It's been a favorite of mine, ever since I was a child. Just give me a moment..."

Dorothea disappeared behind a changing screen, emerging a few moments later in simple Adrestian street clothes, hair styled up into a ponytail. "It's easier to blend in with the right costume," she said. "Though really the true trick is acting as though you've always belonged in the first place." Her disguise ready she led Kassandra out of the palace and in a different direction from where Ryuji had led her, towards a more rundown area of Enbarr. The streets here were crowded much like the street market from earlier in the day, though it seemed as though crowded conditions were the norm in this area. It had also seen the least amount of reconstruction after the war and the robot attack, buildings closer to the edge of town barely having been repaired at all.

There was a tavern within, just as packed and noisy as outside. The man at the bar, an older gentleman, spotted Dorothea from across the room and waved her over eagerly. "It's been forever, hasn't it? Look at you...all grown up!"

She smiled. "I'm glad to see you're holding up here, as well. Business is still good?"

"Better than ever! Nothing like good company and a homecooked meal to give you some comfort when everything is thrown upside-down. Now, what can I get you?"

"Pick whatever you'd like, Kass. My treat."

On a chalkboard were listed the specials for the day:

Country-Style Red Turnip Plate
Daphnel Stew
Fish and Bean Soup
Fruit and Herring Tart
Gronder Meat Skewers
Two-Fish Sauté

@Jeremi

Kassandra felt at ease when she saw where Dorothea was leading her. A place like this was more her place compared to fancy get togethers or exquisite foods. "As someone who has always lived close to the sea, I must try the fish soup of this place." She also chose it because it was the only thing on the menu that seemed to make sense.

@Yun Lee

"The red turnip plate for me," Dorothea said, paying for the meal. "I can definitely vouch for the food here. The soup isn't my first choice, but it's certainly well-made." While it was being prepared Dorothea managed to grab them a small table in the corner of the tavern. She rested her chin on her interlocked fingers, watching the lively patrons. "It's nice to know some places remain timeless, no matter how the world changes. It's like this place never changed from when I was a girl."

@Jeremi

"A place of familiarity is nice, it took me a long time to find back to a place like that with the house I grew up in." Her mind briefly wandered back to the old homestead and if she was going to see it again after all this. "I hope you've had a pleasant day," Kassandra finally responded. "Mine has been quite enlightening."

@Yun Lee

"That's right!" That snapped Dorothea out of her little bout of nostalgia. "Please, what did you learn? I'm afraid I just spent the dsy catching up with those two..."

@Jeremi

In a slightly hushed tone, Kassandra recalled everything that she had spoken about with Ryuji and Jenet earlier in the day. Or to the best of her ability at least. "What concerns me is their supposed benefactor," She said wrapping up the conversation. "Perhaps it is nothing and they only seek for the betterment of Enbarr, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have their own motive of getting these nobles off the table. So to speak."

@Yun Lee

"So they have someone working with them to get these people out..." Dorothea tapped her chin. "And if they're giving these secrets to the kids, then they must know the elite of Enbarr quite intimately. I wonder..."

There was a bit of pause as their food was delivered. Dorothea's own plate held a small medley of turnips cooked in various ways, while Kassandra had a sizeable bowl of soup predominantly filled with trout and chickpeas. It smelled good, and was most likely more filling than the pasta from lunch.

@Jeremi

Kassandra was eager to try out the soup as she took a piece of fish and a few chickpeas on her spoon. "Do you perhaps know who their informant could be?" She asked before taking a bite and...that actually was quite good!

@Yun Lee

Back