Open Winter Solstice

TMITM

Megalomaniacal Arbiter
The Winter Solstice is almost upon us, the darkest day of the year, the symbolic death and rebirth of the world, and the start of the natural year. The forces of darkness, death, and destruction are at their most powerful. It is a powerful time, indeed, one which calls for celebration.
A mysterious yet infamous entity named the Man in the Mirror is throwing a party for this special occasion, the one where he is most powerful, and he has invited none other than you.
Each character, it doesn't matter where or in what time period, had been sent an invitation, by any sort of way that would reach them, to this certainly prestigious and elegant party. Characters were instructed to wear whatever they wish; but are encouraged to dress up, especially in something they could dance in.
And, on the night of the solstice, once characters go to sleep... the party begins.

Okay, so with the In-character stuff out of the way...
Hey! Since there seems to be a noticeable lack of social activities that the entire site does, no slight to the staff, of course, who are doing exceptionally, but I figured, with the holidays fast approaching, we celebrate, as well as provide a setting for roleplayers that wouldn't normally interact to make connections and create a closer, tighter-knit community. You may play as whatever character you wish, no matter if it is in another rp, and do whatever you wish, but be warned; The Man in the Mirror is being unusually tolerable, but still will not tolerate troublemakers. Your character might even have some undisclosed motive for being there, such as to discover what kind of far-reaching, all-consuming power might be able to summon this many people to one spot.
This is meant to be more of a social event, but I have a few ideas for some plot that could be kickstarted by this event, if some people wish.
I plan for there to be some activites, such as dancing, a talent show type thing, and a meal, but if you have suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I'll even take song requests.
The thread can be open as soon as people are interested, as characters might be there before the event starts to socialize, but I would discourage anyone appearing fashionably late.
So - let's get to it!

Back