Open Wolf On The Loose

Annie

((Looking for someone who would be interested in doing a role play with a wolf shifter. I'll post a general idea of the topic here and we'll go from there. If you have ideas to enhance or something you'd like to see different I am open to them. I'll also include some questions I am still toying around with the ideas on, at the end.))

Synopsis: A T.V. reporter is on the scene in a rural town because of reports of a wolf roaming close to the houses in a rural neighborhood. While it's not unusual to see wildlife at the edge of the properties or from a distance, it us unusual for a predator such as a wolf coming close so it has the town stirred up a bit. The wolf (my character) is not an average wolf, she is a shifter and is on the case of a missing child. Using her senses in her wolf form she has tracked the child to this area. Now not only does Mariah have to try to keep from being spotted by locals and non-shifters she has to worry about the reporter getting her on camera and blowing her chances of finding the child. Will she have to lead the reporter away from the area and return in her human form? Will she have to give up the chase of finding the kid?

Things to consider:
1) A. Is the missing child a run away or a victim of kidnapping? B. Is the child a human or part of the pack Mariah is from?
2) A. Is Mariah working with law enforcement/Detective, hired by the parents, or on her own? B. If she is working with one of the factions, do they know she is a shifter, if the parents hired her are they aware of her abilities?
3) Do they accept her as a shifter or are they weary of her and only want her help because of her ability to shift? (basically how do they treat her?)
4.) Is there a love interest between Mariah and the lead detective/investigator or maybe someone related to the child?

Any ideas you have I am willing to discuss. Some things to know... I am fine with playing a BFF, sister, aunt and so forth to a female character but not an intimate/romantic relationship. All of my characters are girls and all of them only date/marry men. She will only sleep with a man if they are in a relationship/planning to marry. And...... GO! ;)

Hello! Imo tis an interesting idea though could use a different world setting than our 21st century setting, in order to increase the mystic part of the story and the mystery.

Personally i haven't managed to keep my interest in fantasy mixed with our 21st century world. I find it doesn't fit with magic due to our heavy insistence that magic doesn't exist, and the way the world is build. And probably also for the fact that there are far to many books and tv series and movies cantered around trying to mix in the fantasy creatures with the 21st century world.

Don't get me wrong. I did enjoy some of them, and to be fair i think only Harry Potter does this in a right way. Although i think that is mainly the reason because it only happens very near the beginning of the 21st century.

Fantasy mixed with the world of 20th century and lower works but is best if it is in an altogether different world...

No matter the 21st century or other fantasy world there are reporters, tv, newspapers, radio... get the idea. Even Harry Potter had a magical newspaper. Toss me some ideas. I'm open. Also more info about Mariah can be found in my character depository. She the last in my list.

yeh, provide a link to the game :p... it'll help with people checking your characters.
I know. But harry potter presents the world with magical news paper. And still a mixture between tech and magic.

And some ideas could be, go all the way magical. Like the news reporters of Harry potter. Or better still use another way of managing news. Like posters on the village streets that are magical and have moving characters. But that's just me.

Or go steampunk with a tint of the 20th century industrial revolution.
Idk I'm just spreading some elements from my crazy imagination :p

You mean like this?

Oooo I like the steampunk Idea. If You want in on this we can debate the logistics in a private message and start a role play.

It is a learning experience. I am a bit out of practice myself. Been having trouble getting the muse going again.

Huh sure... i will give it a deeper read and get back to you. Maybe i can do the world building for you or mentioning some ideas. and since you have a demi-goddess i like that aspect. Supernatural stuff triggers my imagination easily, and sci fi stuff also.

Back