Side Story » World Ending re:[Construct] Syndrome «

Peter Parker/ The Amazing Spiderman

Peter wasn't sure if there were words to express what he had just saw. Everything had been happening so fast and it seemed that was important for them to know. He would file it away for later. "No, we're okay, could you tell us what you want to offer as a deal?" He asked.

@Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

Considering everyone's demands to know what she did, CC was fully prepared to give as much as she knew about the situation. So in the next few moments, the awaited explanation would be told to them. Yet, that wouldn't be the case. For reasons unknown, it seemed like time began to slow gradually, and CC seemed to be unaware to the fact. On the contrary, the group would be fully aware of this. Much like they were somehow excluded in the gradual halt of time itself.

A murky dark void began to spread on the ground itself, sudden flooding out of nowhere that would reach their ankles. A cruel reminder of the previous incidence of this to Saki, no doubt. Maybe they were treading dangerous territory by asking CC for such crucial information about this Game, that their gamemaster Cassum did not approve of this exchange at all. The nature of the muddy darkness was near identical to what Sunny dealt with back at the schoolhouse.

However, they were still able to move about and do what they wished as the void threatened to overwhelm them all, yet had no way of leaving the shrine's basement due to some unseen force. So they were simply... stuck, like sitting ducks awaiting their eventual end...

❝ Ha... this again? ❞ Nia snickered a bit in amusement, also being excluded from the halting of time around them. Despite being still tied down to the wooden altar, the teenage girl manages to break free upon a flash of green light around her, casually landing in the muddy flooding of darkness on the ground. She didn't seem to pay much mind to the others, as she was more focused on the gamemaster.

❝ I bet you're watching this, Cassum. Cleaning up the board when we're just getting started? Oh nuh uh uh~ ❞ She took on a more confident and playful tone of voice, a complete contrast from her timid and helpless behavior moments earlier. Nia raised her hand with a mischievous grin plastered on her face, an overwhelming surge of energy stemmed from her presence.

tumblr_inline_nhome7S0Vi1s6avhq.png

❝ Sorry not sorry for wrecking your fun, Cas-chan~, but maybe you should've made sure you sealed ALL of my magic away next time~ ❞ Nia sneered before snapping her fingers. Soon after in quick succession, an ear-piercing shattering of glass could be heard, then a blinding light came afterwards.

Then the next moment, the group's surroundings were completely different than that rundown shrine basement.

. . .

znTiuWa.jpg

A ruined structure sheltered the group from the pounding rain. Just like before, they were unable to fully leave the area to investigate, an unseen force forbidding them from leaving the ruined shelter. In addition, they weren't exactly alone either.

Cassum could be seen with another individual that was rested against the stone wall of the ruined structure, except this individual appeared more like a blank misty mass of white light taking a loose resemblance to a humanoid form. There was not much that can be taken away from this strange unidentifiable person, as their existence seemed to be an existential paradox of some kind.

The Sorcerer of Nothing glanced around to ensure his privacy with this individual, disregarding the group's presence entirely. For a moment, he paced over to further scope out for any eavesdroppers, walking right through Alice as if the latter was a ghost. This would cement that this was some sort of vision at some point in time, unable to change the events of this interaction.

Certain that he and this individual were truly alone, he breathes a sigh of relief as he crouched down to the blank figure.

❝ How do you feel? ❞ Cassum asks in a gentle voice, taking a hold of the individual's "hand" with a careful grip.

❝ A--i---, I -ue--... ❞ The individual's voice glitched out in a heavily distorted manner, only the sound of vowels could be made out but it was hard to really understand what was being said.

❝ You may say so, but you sound shaken up from the experience. Few get to live to see another day after losing their entire world in such a manner... ❞ He shakes his head, not taking the person's response as a good enough answer.

❝ --a-... -o- -i- -ou --o- --a-? ❞ The "head" of this person tilted, something about Cassum's words confused them.

❝ I'm no stranger to these kinds of events. The very traitor that you thought was your mother in a false reality... she must be something else to orchestrate a horrid disgrace to natural life itself. Pitting your existence to a facade that had no other end than to be thrown away... ❞ Cassum speaks with a shaky voice, but then maintains his composure upon following his words up with, ❝ Ah, enough of that. I must be stirring up feelings of grief and betrayal that are probably still fresh in your mind. Um... ❞

❝ I-'- o-a-. I'-- -e o-a-. -u-... d- a-- --e o--e- -o---- -au-e a-- e-- i- --a-e-ie- -i-e --i-? -u-- -i-e -o- -ou -o-- -e o- ou- -a- -e-e. ❞ Whatever this individual said, it sparked a reaction in Cassum, almost like he was... anticipating this kind of response, whatever it was.

❝ Well, technically yes, in a way. Not to the extent of your specific tragedy, but yes, every world has its own tragedies in every waking moment. ❞ The Sorcerer of Nothing answers with a steady yet careful tone, as if tailoring an appropriate response for this individual alone. To his surprise, however, the individual threw themselves into what seemed to be a desperate hug, their distorted voice echoing from intense emotions.

❝ --e- -e- -e e-- i- a--! --ea-e. -e-- -e e-- --e-e --a-e-ie- a- o--e. -ou -o-- -e --a- I -o-- --e key -o --o--i-- a-- o- --i- -u--e-i-- ou- --e-e i- --e
-u--i-e--e, -o --ea-e... I -a-- -o e-- --i- -o-! ❞
The more he listened to the individual's words, the more Cassum's surprise turned into... a smile. It would be safe to assume that the individual had buried their face onto his chest, obscured their view on his facial expression at the moment.

❝ Of course of course. I promised you a wish upon rescuing you. No matter how selfish it may be. ❞ Cassum spoke in a comforting voice, which was a stark contrast to the sinister smile on his face that the group could see in this vision. The environment began to crumble apart, like this was the extent of this memory. Before it would abruptly end, Cassum could be heard reassuring the individual while unveiling his true colors in what he presumed to be complete privacy.

❝ Don't worry, I will do what I can to ensure that we can end it all. I will see to it, Miu. ❞

ypEnPJd.jpg

❝ ... are you guys... doing okay? ❞ CC asked in genuine concern as the group would return to their senses. ❝ I was about to start explaining what I know... then you all started to... space out like you saw a ghost? ❞

To the group's point of view, it was like whatever they experienced from time halting, the threatening pools of darkness, Nia's sudden magical display, the memory from Cassum and the unidentifiable figure, all of that... never happened in the first place. Yet they retained knowledge of said events?

❝ Just get on with the exposition dump already! ❞ Nia exclaimed loudly, and to the group's already stacked confusion, the green-haired teenager could be seen still tied down to the altar. Much like she never did break free on her own and use her magic... ❝ If these people wanna hear you tell a story, you better tell them or you're gonna get lots of hurt for messing up this village, you hear me?! ❞

@Not a Writer @Takumi @York @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Capri @Everybody

....What....just happened?

Jackson found himself reeling for a moment as the events played out before him and were now suddenly back to the way they were. His aim faltering a moment as he tried to process all the information and feeling running through his mind.

"What.......what the hell was all that just now?" Jackson muttered to himself shaking his head a moment before refocusing his aim while CC spoke though he shifted his aim a bit closer to Nia thinking about what he had just witnessed before. Something was wrong that was for sure but he couldn't shake the feeling that she was more dangerous than she let on. Even though they were here to save her......something wasn't right which raised the soldier's guard up even more so while he wasn't aiming directly at Nia he wanted to be ready if something did happen.

@Not a Writer @Takumi @York @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Capri @Everybody

Back