Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
[ Shortcut to Sign Ups thread here ]

-Prologue-
Missing in Unknown

european_in12_day%20by%20Maxwell%20Hamilton.jpg

Almost like an abrupt awakening, you would feel as if you were pulled out of water like a caught fish. Whatever you were up to moments before, it did not matter. Regardless if this sensation was familiar to you or not, your vision will be greeted with a vintage European-style hall. Outside the windows, a bright blank whiteness took its place over an expected view of... anywhere remotely recognizable, really. There was no telling where you were. Much like a vivid daydream, much like this location didn't even exist. Besides the fact that there didn't seem to be any doors present in this room, you would soon see that you weren't alone. Various other individuals were just as confused as you, presumably so.

❝ Ahem... ❞ A man's voice echoed throughout the hall, sounding like he was trying to gather everyone's attention. Not like it would stand out too much like a sore thumb compared to everyone else here, a man dressed in red sat comfortably on a chair at the far end of the hall. Actually, it seemed like he wasn't here initially around the moment that everyone else had realized that they weren't in a place familiar to them, as if he just willed himself into existence or something.

❝ I take it that everyone is here and accounted for? Fully conscious and aware of your senses? ❞ The man inquired in a casual tone of voice, waiting a mere few seconds before continuing on, ❝ Judging from those reactions alone... I reckon those questions don't need to be answered. There's more pressing matters to get along to, I'd imagine. ❞

Getting up from his chair, the man prepares to address the puzzled group in earnest.

di1IbKz.png

❝ Players from various worlds scattered across the multiverse, I bid you welcome to the world that revolves never more. A nameless realm with many possibilities, a perfect location for an expansive Game that you all have been chosen to participate in that will serve as a replacement for the Game composed by the heinous Witch who rules over Deception. As your Gamemaster and as the Sorcerer of Nothing, I, Cassum, will facilitate your shared experience with this Game. ❞ The man gives a rather grandiose introduction as to what everyone present in this hall was gathered here for. For those that were familiar with the various multiverse-related incidents, this entire scenario did not bode well in the long run. For those that weren't familiar, however, it probably sounded completely ridiculous.

❝ Hm, and what is this Game, you may ask? ❞ Cassum continues to go on without giving a chance for anyone else to interject, ❝ Well, this Game has this simple directive I shall present to you now: Locate and destroy the Calamity Constructs that are scattered in each of this Game's illusionary worlds. These Constructs are guarded by specific individuals that I have assigned as Bearers. Complete this directive, and you will have victory in this Game's end. Simple, right? ❞

The sound of doors opening could be heard behind the group, revealing that there were two opened doors present even when there were none moments before.

❝ Now, the Game hasn't officially started yet, so you are free to use this time beforehand to do as you wish. You may recuperate at the cafeteria, hone your skills at the training hall, or you may stay here at the gathering hall and ask me questions to further clarify this Game's innerworkings. That is all I offer in this grace period before it proceeds to begin. ❞

With that, the Sorcerer sits back at his chair, keeping himself ready for the inevitable flood of questions that may come his way. It didn't take long for someone to immediately ask one, a white-haired individual from the gathered participants stepping forward.

ooQbxBP.png

❝ And why exactly should we play along? What reason is there for us to blindly participate in a game where we had been taken away from our... respective worlds without any choice in the matter? ❞ The young man presses for an explanation as to why this was even happening in the first place. If it were some normal game, there wouldn't be any need for the forceful abduction.

Cassum didn't seem too off-put by the interrogative response, only answering with a calm tone of voice, ❝ An expected inquiry. I can ensure you, I mean no malevolent intent. I did not put this together for deranged amusement or for personal gain. This Game's purpose is to roughly gauge the... combined efforts of the multiverse's defenses against the hypothetical scenarios of world ending calamities, which is what the Calamity Constructs are simulating in this instance. All while cleaning up the mess that was caused by the Witch of Deception in this nameless realm. I reckon this is a purpose enough for you, but I'm afraid I cannot send you back to your home worlds. As much as I can wish to treat you all well, I am shackled by the responsibilities passed onto me by the higher powers... ❞

The white-haired inventor had a feeling he wouldn't get a better answer than that, so he only silently backed off and lingered in the back of the gathering hall to observe the rest of the group's questions to their Gamemaster. There was a lot to uncover before it all begins...

» Cast List

@Minerva as Aaron Keener (The Division)
@Gummi Bunnies as Add (Elsword)
@York as Aliceviel Von Einzbern (OC)
@Crimson Spartan as Daniel Jackson (Saving Private Ryan)
@Jeremi as Death (Marvel Comics)
@ShadowCoyote0 as Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect)
@Not a Writer as Kofuku Ebisu (Noragami)
@Lucky as Peter Parker (The Amazing Spiderman)
@Takumi as Saki Hajima (When a Magician's Pupil Smiles)
@Capri as Sunny (Omori)
@dark as Thomas "Sev" Sevchenko (Killzone Series)​

"Uhhh, my head. Guess I really couldn't handle ryncol after all. Dammit, Wrex and Grunt will never let me hear the end of it. Guess I should check on Shepard...and see if Tali is still alive. How much can quarians safely drink? I'll just head downstairs real qui..." Garrus's sleepy train of thought came to a sudden halt as he finally started to process that he was not in Shepard's apartment anymore. He figured his squad mates must've moved him once he passed out. He wouldn't put it past them to pull a prank like this. "Okay, real funny guys! Whose apartment is this?" But it soon became clear to Garrus that something was very off once he saw the other strangers with him. The introduction of the sorcerer didn't help tie any of this together. "What the hell? Did Shepard hire a magician? Unlikely."

The Sorcerer's explanation seemed like pure nonsense to Garrus. Multiverse? Game? Constructs? He didn't have time for this crap. He found himself agreeing with the young man with white hair. He didn't have the patience to humor this asshole. "Look, unlike your proposed hypothetical world ending calamities, I'm currently in the middle of a war with a very real calamity. So, if you could cut the crap and show me the door, I'll gladly be on my way. No hard feelings."

"Blessed be the lord my strength, which teach my hands to war, and my fingers to fight...

BANG

58RJKy.gif

BANG

"My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer;

BANG

My shield, and he in whom I trust.."

BANG

Shots rang out as Jackson kept firing from his position a tower in a church in a desperate attempt to thin out the German numbers. However soon enough he is spotted by an enemy Marder III Jackson realizing that he and Parker were done for. Despite this he still turns his head to Parker trying in vain to warn his fellow soldier.

tumblr_mgw6gkfUll1qbmy9ko2_500.gifv

His vision went dark as everything simply faded away.

What the hell?

Jackson could not believe what was being said by this guy. Was this some sort of fever dream? Did he somehow survive that blast and is delirious due to trauma? Either way none of this could be real as far as he was concerned. Taking note of his rifle in his hands and his gear with him Jackson tilts his head to the side briefly noticing the....uh....what the hell is that? Glancing at Garrus Jackson really couldn't believe what he was seeing now. This....thing was like something out of a comic book! Shaking his head he looks at the 'Sorcerer' before speaking.

".....You gonna have to run that by me again multi-what? You ain't makin' no sense.." Jackson speaks with his southern accent on full display.

@Gummi Bunnies @ShadowCoyote0

Last edited:
Keener stepped forward. There was the sound of something depressurizing as he took off the mask he wore around his face. He took a deep breath of fresh air. The room reminded him of Washington DC's numerous old government buildings, or perhaps an old hotel lobby in New York. However, it was clean, with no graffiti, backpacks, or military supplies littering the wall or floors. Quaint.

Keener listened to the long speech given by the man that welcomed. It seemed strange, this talk of multiverses and endings. However, not much phased Keener after what he had seen. He was pragmatic, and mistrustful, this all seemed like a pie in the sky plan. It seemed this man was trying to make a Multiversal Division. It made sense, seeing the types he had gathered. A boy, some more soldiers in body armor, it all

"'Fraid that's too late. The world ended a long time ago." Keener said, crossing his arms. "And, no thanks. I've been part of enough 'Hypothetical Scenarios' for one lifetime so forgive me if I don't want to be part of this one." He said in a slightly sardonic, yet still placid tone, walking towards the Cafeteria for some food that wasn't just expired cans of Chef Boyardee before setting off on his own.

@Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Cafeteria​

[ Shortcut to Sign Ups thread here ]

-Prologue-
Missing in Unknown

european_in12_day%20by%20Maxwell%20Hamilton.jpg

Almost like an abrupt awakening, you would feel as if you were pulled out of water like a caught fish. Whatever you were up to moments before, it did not matter. Regardless if this sensation was familiar to you or not, your vision will be greeted with a vintage European-style hall. Outside the windows, a bright blank whiteness took its place over an expected view of... anywhere remotely recognizable, really. There was no telling where you were. Much like a vivid daydream, much like this location didn't even exist. Besides the fact that there didn't seem to be any doors present in this room, you would soon see that you weren't alone. Various other individuals were just as confused as you, presumably so.

❝ Ahem... ❞ A man's voice echoed throughout the hall, sounding like he was trying to gather everyone's attention. Not like it would stand out too much like a sore thumb compared to everyone else here, a man dressed in red sat comfortably on a chair at the far end of the hall. Actually, it seemed like he wasn't here initially around the moment that everyone else had realized that they weren't in a place familiar to them, as if he just willed himself into existence or something.

❝ I take it that everyone is here and accounted for? Fully conscious and aware of your senses? ❞ The man inquired in a casual tone of voice, waiting a mere few seconds before continuing on, ❝ Judging from those reactions alone... I reckon those questions don't need to be answered. There's more pressing matters to get along to, I'd imagine. ❞

Getting up from his chair, the man prepares to address the puzzled group in earnest.

di1IbKz.png

❝ Players from various worlds scattered across the multiverse, I bid you welcome to the world that revolves never more. A nameless realm with many possibilities, a perfect location for an expansive Game that you all have been chosen to participate in that will serve as a replacement for the Game composed by the heinous Witch who rules over Deception. As your Gamemaster and as the Sorcerer of Nothing, I, Cassum, will facilitate your shared experience with this Game. ❞ The man gives a rather grandiose introduction as to what everyone present in this hall was gathered here for. For those that were familiar with the various multiverse-related incidents, this entire scenario did not bode well in the long run. For those that weren't familiar, however, it probably sounded completely ridiculous.

❝ Hm, and what is this Game, you may ask? ❞ Cassum continues to go on without giving a chance for anyone else to interject, ❝ Well, this Game has this simple directive I shall present to you now: Locate and destroy the Calamity Constructs that are scattered in each of this Game's illusionary worlds. These Constructs are guarded by specific individuals that I have assigned as Bearers. Complete this directive, and you will have victory in this Game's end. Simple, right? ❞

The sound of doors opening could be heard behind the group, revealing that there were two opened doors present even when there were none moments before.

❝ Now, the Game hasn't officially started yet, so you are free to use this time beforehand to do as you wish. You may recuperate at the cafeteria, hone your skills at the training hall, or you may stay here at the gathering hall and ask me questions to further clarify this Game's innerworkings. That is all I offer in this grace period before it proceeds to begin. ❞

With that, the Sorcerer sits back at his chair, keeping himself ready for the inevitable flood of questions that may come his way. It didn't take long for someone to immediately ask one, a white-haired individual from the gathered participants stepping forward.

ooQbxBP.png

❝ And why exactly should we play along? What reason is there for us to blindly participate in a game where we had been taken away from our... respective worlds without any choice in the matter? ❞ The young man presses for an explanation as to why this was even happening in the first place. If it were some normal game, there wouldn't be any need for the forceful abduction.

Cassum didn't seem too off-put by the interrogative response, only answering with a calm tone of voice, ❝ An expected inquiry. I can ensure you, I mean no malevolent intent. I did not put this together for deranged amusement or for personal gain. This Game's purpose is to roughly gauge the... combined efforts of the multiverse's defenses against the hypothetical scenarios of world ending calamities, which is what the Calamity Constructs are simulating in this instance. All while cleaning up the mess that was caused by the Witch of Deception in this nameless realm. I reckon this is a purpose enough for you, but I'm afraid I cannot send you back to your home worlds. As much as I can wish to treat you all well, I am shackled by the responsibilities passed onto me by the higher powers... ❞

The white-haired inventor had a feeling he wouldn't get a better answer than that, so he only silently backed off and lingered in the back of the gathering hall to observe the rest of the group's questions to their Gamemaster. There was a lot to uncover before it all begins...

» Cast List

@Minerva as Aaron Keener (The Division)
@Gummi Bunnies as Add (Elsword)
@York as Aliceviel Von Einzbern (OC)
@Crimson Spartan as Daniel Jackson (Saving Private Ryan)
@Jeremi as Death (Marvel Comics)
@ShadowCoyote0 as Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect)
@Not a Writer as Kofuku Ebisu (Noragami)
@Lucky as Peter Parker (The Amazing Spiderman)
@Takumi as Saki Hajima (When a Magician's Pupil Smiles)
@Capri as Sunny (Omori)
@dark as Thomas "Sev" Sevchenko (Killzone Series)​

Saki Haijima Prologue: Yet Another Headache

Finding himself in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar faces caused the Magician to narrow his eyes at Cassum momentarily with a deep set frown. While others asked their questions there was one nagging in the back of the white haired man's head.

While he didn't look it, and in fact it was rather hard to read his current mood in general, Saki was curious about one specific thing their host said first and foremost.

"And what happened to the Witch of Deception?" He asked, searching for his pack of cigarettes and his lighter almost instinctively as his amber eyes remained trained on their supposed Gamemaster. He was taking this whole thing surprisingly well, at least for now. He'd probably be wishing to return home and sleep sooner rather than later.

@Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @ShadowCoyote0 @Everyone

View attachment 10889
Thomas “Sev” Sevchanko’s Prologue

Killzone 2 /Killzone 3 spoiler here

Just before the Terricide:

Sev held onto his gun, and gritted his teeth. He was confused and angry but his fellow ISA squadmates were in the middle of a war and they were overwhelmed and Sev knew it.

He had just escaped near seconds of Helghast fire.He must of been one lucky bastard.

He looked up seeing a alien creature named Garrus, a solider from Earth he assumed but not his version named Jackson and a … kid with black hair named Sunny and another named Saki.

He eyed the other soldiers in the group as he walked toward Garrus and Jackson cautiously .

“Who are you two?

@Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @ShadowCoyote0

"Uhhh, my head. Guess I really couldn't handle ryncol after all. Dammit, Wrex and Grunt will never let me hear the end of it. Guess I should check on Shepard...and see if Tali is still alive. How much can quarians safely drink? I'll just head downstairs real qui..." Garrus's sleepy train of thought came to a sudden halt as he finally started to process that he was not in Shepard's apartment anymore. He figured his squad mates must've moved him once he passed out. He wouldn't put it past them to pull a prank like this. "Okay, real funny guys! Whose apartment is this?" But it soon became clear to Garrus that something was very off once he saw the other strangers with him. The introduction of the sorcerer didn't help tie any of this together. "What the hell? Did Shepard hire a magician? Unlikely."

The Sorcerer's explanation seemed like pure nonsense to Garrus. Multiverse? Game? Constructs? He didn't have time for this crap. He found himself agreeing with the young man with white hair. He didn't have the patience to humor this asshole. "Look, unlike your proposed hypothetical world ending calamities, I'm currently in the middle of a war with a very real calamity. So, if you could cut the crap and show me the door, I'll gladly be on my way. No hard feelings."

1w5jvSM.png

❝ Oh believe me, I wasn't too keen on the idea of essentially getting outside help in this fashion. It must leave a bad impression on all of you that I put this onto your shoulders without ever considering the struggles that linger in your lives. ❞ Cassum expressed his understanding that some weren't too happy from the sudden arrival to this supposed Game. Garrus and Keener made it clear that they either had their hands full with their own problems or that this kind of scenario wasn't something they would like to go through once more. ❝ Again, I would be eager to send you back home if you do not feel inclined to this task, but... we're quite in the situation with our hands tied. ❞

Removing his glove, the Sorcerer raises the back of his hand to show crescent moon symbol marked onto his skin. ❝ This insignia may not appear to be much, but I'm marked with this to ensure I go and oversee this Game from start to end. The higher powers above left this upon my being and yours as well, most likely as insurance to make us go through this entire ordeal. You will unfortunately have to bear until it's over, and so will I. ❞

As if to make sure that he wasn't lying to them, Add goes to check his hand for the same marked insignia that Cassum presented to them. Just like he said, the inventor sees that same crescent moon engraved onto his skin. For now, it seemed relatively harmless, but it gave an eerie since of foreboding.​

"Blessed be the lord my strength, which teach my hands to war, and my fingers to fight...

BANG

58RJKy.gif

BANG

"My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer;

BANG

My shield, and he in whom I trust.."

BANG

Shots rang out as Jackson kept firing from his position a tower in a church in a desperate attempt to thin out the German numbers. However soon enough he is spotted by an enemy Marder III Jackson realizing that he and Parker were done for. Despite this he still turns his head to Parker trying in vain to warn his fellow soldier.

tumblr_mgw6gkfUll1qbmy9ko2_500.gifv

His vision went dark as everything simply faded away.

What the hell?

Jackson could not believe what was being said by this guy. Was this some sort of fever dream? Did he somehow survive that blast and is delirious due to trauma? Either way none of this could be real as far as he was concerned. Taking note of his rifle in his hands and his gear with him Jackson tilts his head to the side briefly noticing the....uh....what the hell is that? Glancing at Garrus Jackson really couldn't believe what he was seeing now. This....thing was like something out of a comic book! Shaking his head he looks at the 'Sorcerer' before speaking.

".....You gonna have to run that by me again multi-what? You ain't makin' no sense.." Jackson speaks with his southern accent on full display.

@Gummi Bunnies @ShadowCoyote0

❝ Ah, my apologies once again. The very concept of an overarching multiverse must be completely overwhelming for some that hail from entirely mundane worlds. ❞ The Sorcerer wasn't sure how to go about simplifying this whole process to Jackson, and there wasn't enough time to have a whole lecture about the existence of the multiverse to someone who didn't know about such a thing until a minute ago.

❝ Let's just leave that topic on the note of... there are more happenings outside the world you are most familiar with, then the rest will hopefully make sense in due time. ❞ He tries to sum up the whole matter in a single sentence, having a feeling it wasn't really a good answer to begin with.​

Saki Haijima Prologue: Yet Another Headache

Finding himself in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar faces caused the Magician to narrow his eyes at Cassum momentarily with a deep set frown. While others asked their questions there was one nagging in the back of the white haired man's head.

While he didn't look it, and in fact it was rather hard to read his current mood in general, Saki was curious about one specific thing their host said first and foremost.

"And what happened to the Witch of Deception?" He asked, searching for his pack of cigarettes and his lighter almost instinctively as his amber eyes remained trained on their supposed Gamemaster. He was taking this whole thing surprisingly well, at least for now. He'd probably be wishing to return home and sleep sooner rather than later.

@Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @ShadowCoyote0 @Everyone

For a moment, the Sorcerer's face went cold, as if it were a sour topic to bring up. However, he regained his composure to answer Saki's question.

❝ Ah, that's right. You were one individual that was involved with her mess of a Game. Well, I suppose it must've been sudden for you, but my colleagues and I made quick work on unraveling her Game and taking her into custody. I can't give too many details, as outsiders aren't allowed such knowledge, but know that the Witch of Deception is serving her punishment as we speak. ❞ Cassum explains to clear up the confusion on the previous Game's abrupt ending.

❝ As for the others that were a part of her Game, they're currently in a comatose-like state due to how the previous Game's world fell apart in a matter of seconds, being struck with the darkness of the void. Fortunately, I can say that they're being treated for said ailment in a form of purification before they are sent back to their respective worlds. However, it does make me wonder how you, the only individual from the previous Game, managed to avoid being plagued by that void's darkness and yet still be chosen to be a part of this new Game revolving around the Constructs. ❞ He muses over the details regarding the Witch of Deception's game and Saki's involvement in both Games, old and new.

❝ So what are the Calamity Constructs? If you want us to destroy them for your Game, you should indulge us with more info on them rather than just expect us to blindly accept that. ❞ Add brought up another question that was bound to come up eventually, to which Cassum was prepared to hear that.

❝ Right, the Calamity Constructs. In short, they're physical vessels that harness all of the multiverse's atrocities with them. Much like a very distasteful melting pot of sin, tragedy, and corruption. These Constructs can take up any physical form that suits their dominant atrocity within them. You may envision them like a small glass of water. Imagine that you leave this glass of water under a running faucet, gathering more and more water as time passes. Eventually, it will begin to overflow, which then the water spills all over the place. In the vein of Calamity Constructs, their existence in gathering these atrocities will inevitably overflow, and spread like a wildfire all over a world followed by more. ❞ Cassum explains to the best of his ability, creating an illusionary visual representation to demonstrate his glass of water analogy to describe the Calamity Constructs.

❝ To my understanding, these Calamity Constructs are kept in illusionary world containers for the purpose of this Game, ensuring that they don't affect the many different worlds in existence. So there shouldn't be any real worry about the threat they can possess outside of this controlled environment. The sooner you defeat these Constructs, the sooner I can send you back to your homes, ❞ Cassum reassures them that there shouldn't be any danger that would bleed into their homeworlds or worse.

@ShadowCoyote0 @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @dark @GatheringHall

@York @Not a Writer @Lucky @Jeremi

SUNNY
@Gummi Bunnies @Cafeteria

View attachment 10888

"…"

A boy wordlessly pushed past Add, Garrus, and Jackson. He stared at the Sorcerer of Nothing, before entering the cafeteria.

Man, what a way with words.​
Keener stepped forward. There was the sound of something depressurizing as he took off the mask he wore around his face. He took a deep breath of fresh air. The room reminded him of Washington DC's numerous old government buildings, or perhaps an old hotel lobby in New York. However, it was clean, with no graffiti, backpacks, or military supplies littering the wall or floors. Quaint.

Keener listened to the long speech given by the man that welcomed. It seemed strange, this talk of multiverses and endings. However, not much phased Keener after what he had seen. He was pragmatic, and mistrustful, this all seemed like a pie in the sky plan. It seemed this man was trying to make a Multiversal Division. It made sense, seeing the types he had gathered. A boy, some more soldiers in body armor, it all

"'Fraid that's too late. The world ended a long time ago." Keener said, crossing his arms. "And, no thanks. I've been part of enough 'Hypothetical Scenarios' for one lifetime so forgive me if I don't want to be part of this one." He said in a slightly sardonic, yet still placid tone, walking towards the Cafeteria for some food that wasn't just expired cans of Chef Boyardee before setting off on his own.

@Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Cafeteria​

restaurant04_day%20by%20Sam%20Howzit.jpg

The cafeteria appeared more like a large fancy restaurant, except it was near empty with the absence of customers for said restaurant environment. Near the entry door to the cafeteria, a table with all sorts of food was prepared and left there in the style of a buffet. It wasn't long until the kitchen door nearby opened...

C0Lg1bv.png

❝ Hello hello! Please, help yourself to anything you'd like! Can't go off to a long adventure on an empty stomach, especially on my watch! ❞ A young girl smiles happily in greeting Keener and Sunny, bringing out another tray of freshly made food to place on the serving table. It was safe to assume that she was the only person working at the cafeteria.

@Minerva @Capri @Cafeteria

Last edited:
1w5jvSM.png

❝ Oh believe me, I wasn't too keen on the idea of essentially getting outside help in this fashion. It must leave a bad impression on all of you that I put this onto your shoulders without ever considering the struggles that linger in your lives. ❞ Cassum expressed his understanding that some weren't too happy from the sudden arrival to this supposed Game. Garrus and Keener made it clear that they either had their hands full with their own problems or that this kind of scenario wasn't something they would like to go through once more. ❝ Again, I would be eager to send you back home if you do not feel inclined to this task, but... we're quite in the situation with our hands tied. ❞

Removing his glove, the Sorcerer raises the back of his hand to show crescent moon symbol marked onto his skin. ❝ This insignia may not appear to be much, but I'm marked with this to ensure I go and oversee this Game from start to end. The higher powers above left this upon my being and yours as well, most likely as insurance to make us go through this entire ordeal. You will unfortunately have to bear until it's over, and so will I. ❞

As if to make sure that he wasn't lying to them, Add goes to check his hand for the same marked insignia that Cassum presented to them. Just like he said, the inventor sees that same crescent moon engraved onto his skin. For now, it seemed relatively harmless, but it gave an eerie since of foreboding.

❝ Ah, my apologies once again. The very concept of an overarching multiverse must be completely overwhelming for some that hail from entirely mundane worlds. ❞ The Sorcerer wasn't sure how to go about simplifying this whole process to Jackson, and there wasn't enough time to have a whole lecture about the existence of the multiverse to someone who didn't know about such a thing until a minute ago.

❝ Let's just leave that topic on the note of... there are more happenings outside the world you are most familiar with, then the rest will hopefully make sense in due time. ❞ He tries to sum up the whole matter in a single sentence, having a feeling it wasn't really a good answer to begin with.

For a moment, the Sorcerer's face went cold, as if it were a sour topic to bring up. However, he regained his composure to answer Saki's question.

❝ Ah, that's right. You were one individual that was involved with her mess of a Game. Well, I suppose it must've been sudden for you, but my colleagues and I made quick work on unraveling her Game and taking her into custody. I can't give too many details, as outsiders aren't allowed such knowledge, but know that the Witch of Deception is serving her punishment as we speak. ❞ Cassum explains to clear up the confusion on the previous Game's abrupt ending.

❝ As for the others that were a part of her Game, they're currently in a comatose-like state due to how the previous Game's world fell apart in a matter of seconds, being struck with the darkness of the void. Fortunately, I can say that they're being treated for said ailment in a form of purification before they are sent back to their respective worlds. However, it does make me wonder how you, the only individual from the previous Game, managed to avoid being plagued by that void's darkness and yet still be chosen to be a part of this new Game revolving around the Constructs. ❞ He muses over the details regarding the Witch of Deception's game and Saki's involvement in both Games, old and new.

❝ So what are the Calamity Constructs? If you want us to destroy them for your Game, you should indulge us with more info on them rather than just expect us to blindly accept that. ❞ Add brought up another question that was bound to come up eventually, to which Cassum was prepared to hear that.

❝ Right, the Calamity Constructs. In short, they're physical vessels that harness all of the multiverse's atrocities with them. Much like a very distasteful melting pot of sin, tragedy, and corruption. These Constructs can take up any physical form that suits their dominant atrocity within them. You may envision them like a small glass of water. Imagine that you leave this glass of water under a running faucet, gathering more and more water as time passes. Eventually, it will begin to overflow, which then the water spills all over the place. In the vein of Calamity Constructs, their existence in gathering these atrocities will inevitably overflow, and spread like a wildfire all over a world followed by more. ❞ Cassum explains to the best of his ability, creating an illusionary visual representation to demonstrate his glass of water analogy to describe the Calamity Constructs.

❝ To my understanding, these Calamity Constructs are kept in illusionary world containers for the purpose of this Game, ensuring that they don't affect the many different worlds in existence. So there shouldn't be any real worry about the threat they can possess outside of this controlled environment. The sooner you defeat these Constructs, the sooner I can send you back to your homes, ❞ Cassum reassures them that there shouldn't be any danger that would bleed into their homeworlds or worse.

The cafeteria appeared more like a large fancy restaurant, except it was near empty with the absence of customers for said restaurant environment. Near the entry door to the cafeteria, a table with all sorts of food was prepared and left there in the style of a buffet. It wasn't long until the kitchen door nearby opened...

C0Lg1bv.png

❝ Hello hello! Please, help yourself to anything you'd like! Can't go off to a long adventure on an empty stomach, especially on my watch! ❞ A young girl smiles happily in greeting Keener and Sunny, bringing out another tray of freshly made food to place on the serving table. It was safe to assume that she was the only person working at the cafeteria.

a497c5891ec427aeca6d0737cce370923ee9e914.jpg

"Hm. I see. Knowing that she's being punished for her deeds is reassuring." He replied. If it were up to him, and if he had the power to do so, he'd have likely given her treatment similar to Leo Koenig back home and punished her himself with his magic. Maybe not take a leg, but injure her quite a bit until he was satisfied before having her imprisoned. Was it petty? Maybe to some, but he could care less. Though when Cassum pondered aloud about how he ended up in this new game without meeting the same fate as the others, Saki sighed and scratched at the back of his head.

36cc0a3c128eb31ee8f1e525ef2498e0921a6f37.jpg

"I would love answers to that myself." He murmured almost tiredly. He remembered feeling as if he were slowly sinking into the ground, then darkness before abruptly waking up here as if suddenly being woken from a deep sleep and feeling as if he was being pulled from underwater. Unless he was missing something in his memories, he was just about as clueless as Cassum on the matter.

c28f1011974645f324bb95e844f57abfe20b4c2b.jpg

"..."

When it came to the Calamity Constructs and the like, Saki put his hands in his pockets and tilted his head at the explanation.

"What if we fail in defeating even one?" He asked. Other than the possibility of not going home should they fail to defeat however many constructs there were, while Cassum seemed to ensure that said constructs won't be a threat to their homeworlds he made it sound rather easy. Nothing was ever as simple or easy as most say after all.

@Gummi Bunnies @ShadowCoyote0 @dark @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @Not a Writer @Lucky @York @Gathering Hall

The light had been almost blinding when Death emerged in this new place. A far cry from the dark, bleak lands of Sevalith. The first horseman had listened silently to what their host had told them. A quick glance told him there was no one he recognized. He felt his scythe in his grasp. At least he was properly armed, though he didn't feel any hostility. Yet.

wekTdV9.png

"A purpose to us?" He finally spoke as he twirled his weapon around.

"Spirited away from our realities for a mission not our own. And you expected cooperation through just your words?" The challenge intrigued him but there was something that didn't add up. Why conscript people for a task like this? Did he speak of a game of sorts? Well, beings with the power to pull individuals through reality like this were certain beyond the usual mortal. "And you ask for a boon yet have nothing to offer us in turn? Send us back from a game you yourself instigated? No...what else do you have to offer?"

@Gummi Bunnies @ShadowCoyote0 @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @dark @GatheringHall

@York @Not a Writer @Lucky

1w5jvSM.png

As if to make sure that he wasn't lying to them, Add goes to check his hand for the same marked insignia that Cassum presented to them. Just like he said, the inventor sees that same crescent moon engraved onto his skin. For now, it seemed relatively harmless, but it gave an eerie since of foreboding.

❝ Let's just leave that topic on the note of... there are more happenings outside the world you are most familiar with, then the rest will hopefully make sense in due time. ❞ He tries to sum up the whole matter in a single sentence, having a feeling it wasn't really a good answer to begin with.

C0Lg1bv.png

Jackson was only further confused by the answer given but nodded to show he at least acknowledged it. Still all of this made no sense even as he listened in to further explanation due to more questions being asked. Still Jackson couldn't help but wonder how he was even here in the first place. Last he recalled he had pretty much taken a tank shell to the face yet he was standing here perfectly fine which also made no sense. Jackson considered asking but was stopped when he heard someone address him and the....thing he was looking at earlier.

View attachment 10889

Sev held onto his gun, and gritted his teeth. He was confused and angry but his fellow ISA squadmates were in the middle of a war and they were overwhelmed and Sev knew it.

He had just escaped near seconds of Helghast fire.He must of been one lucky bastard.

He looked up seeing a alien creature named Garrus, a solider from Earth he assumed but not his version named Jackson and a … kid with black hair named Sunny and another named Saki.

He eyed the other soldiers in the group as he walked toward Garrus and Jackson cautiously .

“Who are you two?

"Daniel Jackson...US army... How 'bout y'all?" Jackson spoke deciding just to only give this much information for now. While seeming at least calm for now Jackson was wary of these two along with just about everyone else here.....though he seemed more wary of Garrus at the moment given that he'd never seen anything like him before. For now though he kept his rifle pointed towards the floor the barrel pointed away from anyone's general direction finger while close was off the trigger.

@Gummi Bunnies @ShadowCoyote0 @dark @Takumi @Jeremi @Not a Writer @Lucky @York @Gathering Hall​

Jackson was only further confused by the answer given but nodded to show he at least acknowledged it. Still all of this made no sense even as he listened in to further explanation due to more questions being asked. Still Jackson couldn't help but wonder how he was even here in the first place. Last he recalled he had pretty much taken a tank shell to the face yet he was standing here perfectly fine which also made no sense. Jackson considered asking but was stopped when he heard someone address him and the....thing he was looking at earlier.

"Daniel Jackson...US army... How 'bout y'all?" Jackson spoke deciding just to only give this much information for now. While seeming at least calm for now Jackson was wary of these two along with just about everyone else here.....though he seemed more wary of Garrus at the moment given that he'd never seen anything like him before. For now though he kept his rifle pointed towards the floor the barrel pointed away from anyone's general direction finger while close was off the trigger.

@Gummi Bunnies @ShadowCoyote0 @dark @Takumi @Jeremi @Not a Writer @Lucky @York @Gathering Hall​

Thomas “Sev” Shevchenko

View attachment 10894

Before answering the other past solider, he looked up.

"Sergeant Shevchenko, ISA soldier, second in command of Alpha squad. " ISA means Interplanetary Space Alliance. "

"So this multiverse will mess with all our worlds if we don't stop it. Sounds like something only the Helghast would plan out..."

@Gummi Bunnies @ShadowCoyote0 @dark @Takumi @Jeremi @Not a Writer @Lucky @York @Gathering Hall

Prologue; Déjà Vu

"...Miss Kofuku," began a gentle but strained voice, "is this, uh... really necessary?"

Shifting awkwardly on her feet within the confines of a dressing room was a young woman, no older than perhaps twenty. Her bangs hung in her eyes as she contemplated just why the universe sought to torment her like this, and she silently willed her master to reconsider the matter at hand. But of course, there were better chances for a snowball in hell than that happening. So when she heard a giggle not far off, she would've been lying if she said she was surprised.

"Don't be modest, Kuga-chan~ C'mon, c'mon~ I wanna see~"

Was it a little mean for Kofuku to goad her regalia into trying on cute dresses? Probably. Was she aware of that? Hard to say. But truth be told, the goddess wasn't trying to torment her companion; she just wanted to do what she could to help the girl live a little. The pair of them couldn't exactly make lasting friends thanks to the gods' curse of being forgotten by dwellers of the Near Shore, but if Kofuku could find at least small ways to help Daikugane feel normal and happy while the pair of them were around, then what would be the point of surviving at all?

Granted, she probably should've found ways that didn't involve exorbitant shopping trips. But her heart was in the right place. That was what counted in the end, right? The only problem was that mere moments after her excited cooing, the goddess of misfortune felt a sudden wave of dread. Her blood ran cold as her body froze mid clap, every iota of her being suddenly screaming danger. In an instant, her smile was gone, and she whirled around to face something unseen while simultaneously calling out for her weapon.

"Come, Kiki!"

With a flash of light that shot out of the dressing room and right into Kofuku's palm, the staff manifested in her hand. Totally prepared, she readied herself to break into a fight, except. Uh.

View attachment 10891

A beat passed. She blinked. The clothes outlet still looked exactly the same. She could feel Kugane's surprise and confusion, even as she wrestled with her own. Maybe nothing was wrong, after all? Perhaps this period of utter dormancy after losing everything she'd loved had set her on end. Maybe her instincts were simply dwindling.

"...Is everything okay?"

Another moment of silence. Kofuku was still looking around with confusion, only managing to snap out of it after a couple moments longer. "Ah." Several employees were staring at her. She already had a bad enough reputation thanks to the way disaster followed her wherever she went. Sheepishly, she relaxed her stance. "...Haha, my bad~ Everything's fine. You can come back out, K--"

The words died in her throat, torn away by the violent rippling and reforming of reality itself. It was over before she could even comprehend what had happened, her head spinning and prompting her to momentarily sway unsteadily on her feet as she simply manifested somewhere new. It was definitely a baffling experience, but she couldn't say it was the strangest thing she'd been through. What she could say, however, was that she wasn't a fan of it. As she appeared in the strange, doorless room among the others, she suddenly felt out of her element. Surely, this couldn't be what she thought it was, right?

A single word from this Callum fellow proved her wrong. 'Game'. This was a game. All of the terrible things that had happened to her and her friends, she felt an overwhelming sense that they were all about to happen again. And this time, she was utterly alone.

Or at least, that's what she thought at first. And yet, unlike the last game she'd found herself in, the goddess was surprised to find that the weapon she'd called to hand mere seconds before still remained grasped in her palm. Kugane's voice rang out in her head, startled by the sudden change in environment, but Kofuku was too distracted by other familiar company to make out what her regalia was saying. She lowered her hands and her staff, her mouth falling open just slightly as her gaze landed on familiar white hair, pale skin, and purple eyes. It couldn't be. It seemed too good to be true. And yet...

"...Addy-kun?" she murmured, her dazed demeanor shifting to one of overwhelming emotion. A smile spread across her lips like a wildfire, her eyes glimmering with unadulterated joy. The worry about their situation could wait for just a moment; right now, she was just ecstatic to find herself face to face with an old friend. He looked a little older than she remembered, and he apparently hadn't noticed her yet, but that wasn't enough to sway her. Without a second thought, she began to move, attacking the poor man with a joyful hug and momentarily allowing herself to ignore the weight of the situation at hand despite having full knowledge it was there.

View attachment 10895

"Addyyy-kunnnn! I'm so happy to see you! Say, how long has it been...?" She hadn't thought full years had passed, but then, maybe that was simply the varied flows of time of the multiverse at work. Regardless, she had snuggles to give and an old friend to love on! "Ah, and where's Addy-chan...? I thought the two of you went home together?" she added, tilting her head curiously. If it weren't for her friend's presence, she likely would've tried to familiarize herself with some of the others and get answers on their situation, or even just revert her regalia, but as it were she was a little preoccupied.

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @ShadowCoyote0 @dark @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @Lucky @York @Gathering Hall​

View attachment 10889

“Who are you two?

As the sorcerer spoke and revealed his symbol, Garrus still wasn't happy about the situation at hand...but he began to take it more seriously. Before he could ask any further questions, he was approached by two humans.

"Uhh, Garrus Vakarian. Turian marksman and galactic vigilante." Seems both the humans with him are fellow soldiers, one even from space. "Interplanetary Space Alliance? I'm familiar with The Alliance, but I have a feeling these are separate from one another. And as for the US army, you mean the United States right? I recall Shepard being born there, but humanity's military force rarely distinguishes itself based on Earth's regions, at least not anymore."

@Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @dark

a497c5891ec427aeca6d0737cce370923ee9e914.jpg

"Hm. I see. Knowing that she's being punished for her deeds is reassuring." He replied. If it were up to him, and if he had the power to do so, he'd have likely given her treatment similar to Leo Koenig back home and punished her himself with his magic. Maybe not take a leg, but injure her quite a bit until he was satisfied before having her imprisoned. Was it petty? Maybe to some, but he could care less. Though when Cassum pondered aloud about how he ended up in this new game without meeting the same fate as the others, Saki sighed and scratched at the back of his head.

36cc0a3c128eb31ee8f1e525ef2498e0921a6f37.jpg

"I would love answers to that myself." He murmured almost tiredly. He remembered feeling as if he were slowly sinking into the ground, then darkness before abruptly waking up here as if suddenly being woken from a deep sleep and feeling as if he was being pulled from underwater. Unless he was missing something in his memories, he was just about as clueless as Cassum on the matter.

c28f1011974645f324bb95e844f57abfe20b4c2b.jpg

"..."

When it came to the Calamity Constructs and the like, Saki put his hands in his pockets and tilted his head at the explanation.

"What if we fail in defeating even one?" He asked. Other than the possibility of not going home should they fail to defeat however many constructs there were, while Cassum seemed to ensure that said constructs won't be a threat to their homeworlds he made it sound rather easy. Nothing was ever as simple or easy as most say after all.

@Gummi Bunnies @ShadowCoyote0 @dark @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @Not a Writer @Lucky @York @Gathering Hall
ScGdWPZ.png

❝ If you fail in defeating even one... ❞ Cassum repeats the question, not sure how to address that matter. The possibility was surely there in the case of failure, so...

❝ I might not know what truly happens in that case, considering that if it isn't defeated in time and the fact that I myself am restricted from cleaning things up due to this Game's rules... I do hope that these illusionary worlds can keep these Constructs contained regardless, but in the possible scenario of them breaking free and spreading to different existing worlds... it does not bode well. Again, I have no clue on how it would all unfold, so I suppose let's ensure that they're defeated all the same. ❞ There wasn't much else to say than the Sorcerer's hopes that they wouldn't have to deal with that in the near future.​

The light had been almost blinding when Death emerged in this new place. A far cry from the dark, bleak lands of Sevalith. The first horseman had listened silently to what their host had told them. A quick glance told him there was no one he recognized. He felt his scythe in his grasp. At least he was properly armed, though he didn't feel any hostility. Yet.

wekTdV9.png

"A purpose to us?" He finally spoke as he twirled his weapon around.

"Spirited away from our realities for a mission not our own. And you expected cooperation through just your words?" The challenge intrigued him but there was something that didn't add up. Why conscript people for a task like this? Did he speak of a game of sorts? Well, beings with the power to pull individuals through reality like this were certain beyond the usual mortal. "And you ask for a boon yet have nothing to offer us in turn? Send us back from a game you yourself instigated? No...what else do you have to offer?"

@Gummi Bunnies @ShadowCoyote0 @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @dark @GatheringHall

@York @Not a Writer @Lucky
❝ Right, a form of compensation for this strange interference with your lives. I wholeheartedly understand your concerns. ❞ Cassum only realized at this point that he didn't really... have anything in the immediate moment to compensate these people for the trouble.

❝ Let me see here... granting wishes isn't exactly my forte... not that either, the council will have my head if I offer those treasures... hm, ❞ He thinks out loud before finally snapping his fingers upon getting a good idea for an offer.

❝ Alright, here is my offer of compensation for this Game's troubles. ❞ He then conjures up a visual illusion that resembled astronomical observatory structure. ❝ Upon the Game's completion, I shall work out a way for granting all of you access to the grand observatory. In its name, the observatory records events of the past, present, and future throughout the multiverse. It may not seem like much in the way of compensation, but I reckon some are curious about hidden mysteries of the past and the unknown happenings of the future. For now, that is all I can offer until I work out more methods of compensation with my superiors. ❞

Prologue; Déjà Vu

"...Miss Kofuku," began a gentle but strained voice, "is this, uh... really necessary?"

Shifting awkwardly on her feet within the confines of a dressing room was a young woman, no older than perhaps twenty. Her bangs hung in her eyes as she contemplated just why the universe sought to torment her like this, and she silently willed her master to reconsider the matter at hand. But of course, there were better chances for a snowball in hell than that happening. So when she heard a giggle not far off, she would've been lying if she said she was surprised.

"Don't be modest, Kuga-chan~ C'mon, c'mon~ I wanna see~"

Was it a little mean for Kofuku to goad her regalia into trying on cute dresses? Probably. Was she aware of that? Hard to say. But truth be told, the goddess wasn't trying to torment her companion; she just wanted to do what she could to help the girl live a little. The pair of them couldn't exactly make lasting friends thanks to the gods' curse of being forgotten by dwellers of the Near Shore, but if Kofuku could find at least small ways to help Daikugane feel normal and happy while the pair of them were around, then what would be the point of surviving at all?

Granted, she probably should've found ways that didn't involve exorbitant shopping trips. But her heart was in the right place. That was what counted in the end, right? The only problem was that mere moments after her excited cooing, the goddess of misfortune felt a sudden wave of dread. Her blood ran cold as her body froze mid clap, every iota of her being suddenly screaming danger. In an instant, her smile was gone, and she whirled around to face something unseen while simultaneously calling out for her weapon.

"Come, Kiki!"

With a flash of light that shot out of the dressing room and right into Kofuku's palm, the staff manifested in her hand. Totally prepared, she readied herself to break into a fight, except. Uh.

View attachment 10891

A beat passed. She blinked. The clothes outlet still looked exactly the same. She could feel Kugane's surprise and confusion, even as she wrestled with her own. Maybe nothing was wrong, after all? Perhaps this period of utter dormancy after losing everything she'd loved had set her on end. Maybe her instincts were simply dwindling.

"...Is everything okay?"

Another moment of silence. Kofuku was still looking around with confusion, only managing to snap out of it after a couple moments longer. "Ah." Several employees were staring at her. She already had a bad enough reputation thanks to the way disaster followed her wherever she went. Sheepishly, she relaxed her stance. "...Haha, my bad~ Everything's fine. You can come back out, K--"

The words died in her throat, torn away by the violent rippling and reforming of reality itself. It was over before she could even comprehend what had happened, her head spinning and prompting her to momentarily sway unsteadily on her feet as she simply manifested somewhere new. It was definitely a baffling experience, but she couldn't say it was the strangest thing she'd been through. What she could say, however, was that she wasn't a fan of it. As she appeared in the strange, doorless room among the others, she suddenly felt out of her element. Surely, this couldn't be what she thought it was, right?

A single word from this Callum fellow proved her wrong. 'Game'. This was a game. All of the terrible things that had happened to her and her friends, she felt an overwhelming sense that they were all about to happen again. And this time, she was utterly alone.

Or at least, that's what she thought at first. And yet, unlike the last game she'd found herself in, the goddess was surprised to find that the weapon she'd called to hand mere seconds before still remained grasped in her palm. Kugane's voice rang out in her head, startled by the sudden change in environment, but Kofuku was too distracted by other familiar company to make out what her regalia was saying. She lowered her hands and her staff, her mouth falling open just slightly as her gaze landed on familiar white hair, pale skin, and purple eyes. It couldn't be. It seemed too good to be true. And yet...

"...Addy-kun?" she murmured, her dazed demeanor shifting to one of overwhelming emotion. A smile spread across her lips like a wildfire, her eyes glimmering with unadulterated joy. The worry about their situation could wait for just a moment; right now, she was just ecstatic to find herself face to face with an old friend. He looked a little older than she remembered, and he apparently hadn't noticed her yet, but that wasn't enough to sway her. Without a second thought, she began to move, attacking the poor man with a joyful hug and momentarily allowing herself to ignore the weight of the situation at hand despite having full knowledge it was there.

View attachment 10895

"Addyyy-kunnnn! I'm so happy to see you! Say, how long has it been...?" She hadn't thought full years had passed, but then, maybe that was simply the varied flows of time of the multiverse at work. Regardless, she had snuggles to give and an old friend to love on! "Ah, and where's Addy-chan...? I thought the two of you went home together?" she added, tilting her head curiously. If it weren't for her friend's presence, she likely would've tried to familiarize herself with some of the others and get answers on their situation, or even just revert her regalia, but as it were she was a little preoccupied.

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @ShadowCoyote0 @dark @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @Lucky @York @Gathering Hall​
❝ Wha- OOF!? The scientist expressed bewilderment that someone was roughly calling out to him, soon followed with him almost losing his footing from an abrupt hug attack. Thankfully, his Dynamo drones were able to ensure that he didn't collapse to the ground, and he proceeded to have the drones separate the energetic pink-haired girl from him.

tKAvL7d.jpg

❝ Huh... ❞ Add took a good look at Kofuku once his drones carefully placed her back on her feet, blinking curiously at her. ❝ I have no idea how you know my name... roughly, and why did you make it sound like there's... two of me? I don't believe I ever met you. ❞

Cassum caught wind of the awkward exchange between Add and Kofuku, as well as the brief exchange amongst Jackson, Garrus, and Sev. ❝ Ah, I suppose you may get to know each other well. This isn't much in the way of a competitive Game, so it is safe to recognize that you will all work together until the Game's end. ❞ He figured to make it clear that they would have to work together to destroy the Calamity Constructs.

@Not a Writer @Takumi @ShadowCoyote0 @dark @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @GatheringHall

@York @Lucky

SUNNY
@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva

View attachment 10890

"…"

His stoic face unmoving, Sunny picked up a plate and sat at a table alone.​
Noticing that Sunny was keeping to himself, the young girl decided to walk over and start a conversation with him.

RewU5gP.png

❝ Is there something troubling your mind, young mister? You can let me know! It's my job as the Witch of Happiness Mimi to ensure you are never too heavily burdened~ ❞ She offers to be a listening pair of ears for Sunny, not exactly reading too well into the fact that he may just not be that sociable.

❝ Still, enlisting a child to handle something as daring as this whole Calamity Construct business is super weird, but I trust that mister Cassum has good reasoning for it... ❞ Mimi makes an offhand comment, but continues to smile nonetheless.

@Capri @Minerva @Cafeteria

SUNNY
@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva

View attachment 10896

"…hm…"

Sunny shook his head. He seems to be able to speak, but opts not to, as he vocalized during a small exhale.

View attachment 10897

"…"

He stares at Mimi. Perhaps if she was perceptive enough, she could see his unhappiness. But it wasn’t something simple kind words could magic away.

But even if she wasn’t that perceptive, she could still definitively see a twinge of skepticism in the boy’s eyes. He doesn't seem to believe in magic, as that’s the stuff that lives in his headspace.​

Thomas “Sev” Shevchenko

View attachment 10894

Before answering the other past solider, he looked up.

"Sergeant Shevchenko, ISA soldier, second in command of Alpha squad. " ISA means Interplanetary Space Alliance. "

"So this multiverse will mess with all our worlds if we don't stop it. Sounds like something only the Helghast would plan out..."

@Gummi Bunnies @ShadowCoyote0 @dark @Takumi @Jeremi @Not a Writer @Lucky @York @Gathering Hall

3825496347_bacd322ef9_n.jpg

That multiverse comment really did put everything into perspective as to what was at stake here. As such Jackson could only think of one word to describe their situation which he quietly muttered to himself "Fubar.".

As the sorcerer spoke and revealed his symbol, Garrus still wasn't happy about the situation at hand...but he began to take it more seriously. Before he could ask any further questions, he was approached by two humans.

"Uhh, Garrus Vakarian. Turian marksman and galactic vigilante." Seems both the humans with him are fellow soldiers, one even from space. "Interplanetary Space Alliance? I'm familiar with The Alliance, but I have a feeling these are separate from one another. And as for the US army, you mean the United States right? I recall Shepard being born there, but humanity's military force rarely distinguishes itself based on Earth's regions, at least not anymore."

@Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @dark

So he's called a 'Turian'....this was a lot to take in for Jackson. Galactic vigilante? Space alliance? Just what kind of places did these guys come from? There was no way this was connected to his world at all. What Garrus said next was interesting when talking about Earth's military so Jackson decided to answer.

"Yep...meant the United States and where i'm from some nations don't know how ta play nice... In fact 'fore endin' up 'ere the squad i's apart of was fightin' those damn Krauts in a French town. Hope Miller and the others got out alright." Jackson spoke quietly muttering that last part. All he could do now is pray they held out long enough a moment of concern flashing across his face as he muttered that last bit thinking of Miller and the rest of the squad along with those paratroopers they were with.

@Gummi Bunnies @ShadowCoyote0 @dark @GatheringHallPeeps​

ScGdWPZ.png

❝ If you fail in defeating even one... ❞ Cassum repeats the question, not sure how to address that matter. The possibility was surely there in the case of failure, so...

❝ I might not know what truly happens in that case, considering that if it isn't defeated in time and the fact that I myself am restricted from cleaning things up due to this Game's rules... I do hope that these illusionary worlds can keep these Constructs contained regardless, but in the possible scenario of them breaking free and spreading to different existing worlds... it does not bode well. Again, I have no clue on how it would all unfold, so I suppose let's ensure that they're defeated all the same. ❞ There wasn't much else to say than the Sorcerer's hopes that they wouldn't have to deal with that in the near future.

❝ Right, a form of compensation for this strange interference with your lives. I wholeheartedly understand your concerns. ❞ Cassum only realized at this point that he didn't really... have anything in the immediate moment to compensate these people for the trouble.

❝ Let me see here... granting wishes isn't exactly my forte... not that either, the council will have my head if I offer those treasures... hm, ❞ He thinks out loud before finally snapping his fingers upon getting a good idea for an offer.

❝ Alright, here is my offer of compensation for this Game's troubles. ❞ He then conjures up a visual illusion that resembled astronomical observatory structure. ❝ Upon the Game's completion, I shall work out a way for granting all of you access to the grand observatory. In its name, the observatory records events of the past, present, and future throughout the multiverse. It may not seem like much in the way of compensation, but I reckon some are curious about hidden mysteries of the past and the unknown happenings of the future. For now, that is all I can offer until I work out more methods of compensation with my superiors. ❞

❝ Wha- OOF!? The scientist expressed bewilderment that someone was roughly calling out to him, soon followed with him almost losing his footing from an abrupt hug attack. Thankfully, his Dynamo drones were able to ensure that he didn't collapse to the ground, and he proceeded to have the drones separate the energetic pink-haired girl from him.

tKAvL7d.jpg

❝ Huh... ❞ Add took a good look at Kofuku once his drones carefully placed her back on her feet, blinking curiously at her. ❝ I have no idea how you know my name... roughly, and why did you make it sound like there's... two of me? I don't believe I ever met you. ❞

Cassum caught wind of the awkward exchange between Add and Kofuku, as well as the brief exchange amongst Jackson, Garrus, and Sev. ❝ Ah, I suppose you may get to know each other well. This isn't much in the way of a competitive Game, so it is safe to recognize that you will all work together until the Game's end. ❞ He figured to make it clear that they would have to work together to destroy the Calamity Constructs.

@Not a Writer @Takumi @ShadowCoyote0 @dark @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @GatheringHall

@York @Lucky

Noticing that Sunny was keeping to himself, the young girl decided to walk over and start a conversation with him.

RewU5gP.png

❝ Is there something troubling your mind, young mister? You can let me know! It's my job as the Witch of Happiness Mimi to ensure you are never too heavily burdened~ ❞ She offers to be a listening pair of ears for Sunny, not exactly reading too well into the fact that he may just not be that sociable.

❝ Still, enlisting a child to handle something as daring as this whole Calamity Construct business is super weird, but I trust that mister Cassum has good reasoning for it... ❞ Mimi makes an offhand comment, but continues to smile nonetheless.

@Capri @Minerva @Cafeteria

34afe497f066d849ae810613af867fc4ec270cdd.jpg

"Well then one can only hope that the group as a whole can get things done." Saki sighed. Even in his relatively 'mundane' world as a Magician he had a duty to help keep most regular humans from being aware of the magical side of things, with an exception, but the reveal of the multiverse and of things beyond even possibly the Controller's strengths as well as his own threatening his world was more bothersome than it was worth.

"This group is rather...different." He added with a shrug. When Cassum brought up his compensation for them, Saki tilted his head again and thought about it.

He wasn't sure if he really cared about the potential future, because it wasn't set in stone. His views might change or maybe not. Right now he was more concerned with getting home. Cassum then encouraged their group getting acquainted due to the fact that they'd end up working together, which caused the Magician to glance at those still present in the Gathering Hall momentarily.

@Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @dark @Gathering Hall

tKAvL7d.jpg

Cassum caught wind of the awkward exchange between Add and Kofuku, as well as the brief exchange amongst Jackson, Garrus, and Sev. ❝ Ah, I suppose you may get to know each other well. This isn't much in the way of a competitive Game, so it is safe to recognize that you will all work together until the Game's end. ❞ He figured to make it clear that they would have to work together to destroy the Calamity Constructs.​
Add's outcry did little to stop the impending hug, but the assistance of his Dynamos did at least allow him to end the embrace much earlier than Kofuku would've liked. The goddess pouted faintly at the abrupt removal, a little hurt that her friend would shrug her off so quickly when they hadn't seen each other in quite some time. She definitely deserved a hug by now, and with how they'd left off with one another, she had thought he'd come around to her displays of affection. So why would he push her away like that?

The answer was obvious, and Kofuku had worried deep down that it'd come true. Yet even still, she'd hoped that, with his abundant notetaking and logging of their time together, he would manage to be one of the first humans beside Hiyori to actually retain memory of her despite the gods' curse. He had assured her right along with the others, time and time again, that he wouldn't let himself forget. And even though she'd doubted that he'd succeed, the pain of the revelation was... unbearable. She stared back at him as he voiced his confusion, her heart feeling as though it'd just been cracked. There was a certain sadness in her eyes for a moment, but it passed as quickly as it came. She'd been forgotten before; she could deal with it again. But the fact that he was acting as though he didn't remember his alternate self was a little harder to take, she shaking her head in mild dismay before managing to offer up a response.

View attachment 10898

"...You shouldn't tease a girl like that, Addy-kun," she sighed, crossing her arms over her chest with staff still in hand. "It's okay if you forgot me. I understand. But you definitely remember Addy-chan-- err, Esper, right? He's the one who got you home after everything that happened before..." She didn't want to rehash the details of the war, or the murders, or how both of her Adds had been murdered. But then again, with all this multiverse talk, and all she already knew about the countless universes...

Her frown deepened slightly, her brain trying to bring reason to a situation that lacked it entirely.

View attachment 10899

"You are Mastermind, right? You seem just like him, but... Maybe I'm wrong....?" Maybe he was just another alternate Add. Maybe this wasn't a situation of her being forgotten, but rather, her assuming he was someone he wasn't. If he was indeed someone new, that just meant this was a great opportunity to befriend yet another Add! But if he was mastermind, and he'd somehow forgotten not just her, but Esper as well... what did that mean? And where was Esper? Her own thoughts were so loud and sporadic that she completely forgot about how her poor regalia must be feeling until she felt an acute burning sensation upon the back of her neck. Flinching, she reached up, placing her free hand over the area with a wince. She'd... honestly forgotten what it felt like to be stung, but the small purple mark manifesting upon her neck was utter proof it'd occurred.

"Ah, s-sorry, Kiki; I got distracted," Kofuku apologized, feeling an immeasurable wave of guilt for letting her regalia hurt like this. "We're alright... Take deep breaths and try not to panic, okay? Come along, Kugane."

Strange. Nothing was happening. Glancing down at the staff in her hands, Kofuku shifted her hand away from the blight on the back of her neck, instead scratching her chin with mild confusion. "...Huh. Revert, Kugane."

"You can come out nowww..."

"I can't." Okay. That was new. "Something's stopping me. It's like I'm walled in. Trapped," the voice only Kofuku could hear explained, its owner frowning deeply to herself from within the pocket dimension of sorts that shinki were stored in. This just confused Kofuku, who tilted her head and raised her brows. "Huh. Really? That's odd," she mused, contemplatively, seemingly to no one at all. "Hang on just a moment, Addy-kun," she requested, before briefly turning her attention to Cassum. Emphatically, she raised her hand, waving it around before voicing a question she couldn't actually wait to ask. "Sayyy, Cas-chan! you brought everyone here, right? Do you know why I can't revert my shinki to her human state?"

Back