• Are you a friendly people person with a good balance of initiative and confidence? We're currently looking to grow our staff team and are looking for both forum moderators and mentors. See our announcement post for more information! No mandatory length of membership required to apply.

Side Story » World Revolving Never More «

York

Just a newbie...
❝ Following her? Of course I've been following her. The moment I saw her beeline up the stairs toward the shrine, I couldn't just leave her alone. I already heard of the mess that took place at the schoolyard earlier today, so I'm making sure she doesn't cause anything similar at the shrine. That's all... ❞ Mei answered Saki's amused question, sounding like she was a tad embarrassed about it. She kept a steady pace up the stone stairs, also making sure not to go too far ahead. It didn't take long for her to notice that someone else from the tour group was headed to the shrine as well.

❝ Huh? I don't think we've met yet... ❞ She says to Akira, making small conversation while ascending the stairs all the same. ❝ Is there a reason you're going up to the shrine too? Like... is it because of Nia or- ❞

Before Mei's inquiry was spoken completely, she was abruptly... gone. Or rather, an abnormal shift of time has passed or altered in some way, as the lanterns leading up to the shrine were all unlit. The entire shrine and it's surroundings were in complete darkness. Even the full moon was absent from the sky above them. If they were to look behind them, it appeared as if the festival grounds were never set up to begin with, empty and dark. No signs of other people, not even their fellow tourists could be seen. It was like they stepped into a completely different world in just a few footsteps.

Then, the markings on their wrists seared with a burning pain again, not as intense as the first time. If they took a step back down, the pain would worsen greatly, but if they took a step forward, the pain would begin to ease away slowly. It was safe to say that they didn't have much choice in the matter despite the sudden developments taking place.



At the top of the stairs, a faint figure could be seen entering the shrine house, which looked like it's been abandoned and rundown. As the sliding door closed behind the figure, a single bell toll chimed in the air.

@Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Shrine


Kijima lost in thought almost didn't hear Mei initially address him looking up at her and Saki as she started to speak again. He decided that he would let her finish speaking before he answered already preparing a quick response.

However he would not get to use said response as the girl suddenly vanished. Not only this but it seemed the area around himself in Saki had completely changed. 'What the hell...?' Kijima thought to himself as he looked around slightly startled by the change though this did not show. Oh and the mark on his hand was burning again but even still he managed to keep his neutral look. Well he remained neutral until he reflexively took a step back wincing as he felt the searing pain get even worse forcing him to quickly step back forwards.

'No going back' he thought to himself as he turned to see a faint figure walk into the shrine house a familiar uneasiness began creeping up within Kijima. For now however he glances at Saki seeing how his fellow tour member is doing while slipping back into a more neutral look.

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @ShrinePeeps​
Well, going back wasn't an option if the pain in his wrist was anything to go by. As disorienting as the shift in time could be, he remained as calm as one could be in such a situation. Given that the world of Magicians was far from what could be considered normal to those not involved in it or aware of it, it wasn't too hard not to let this setback effect him too much.

Continuing forward until they reached the shrine grounds, Saki watched as someone entered the rather rundown looking place, followed by a familiar chiming bell. Feeling Kijima's eyes on him, the white haired Magician glanced back to his fellow tourist.



"I guess we can head inside, unless you want to take a look around outside first?" He suggested. He doubted there'd be much off about the outside of the place, but it may not hurt to look.

@Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @Shrine


Kijima quietly considered the options for just a moment. While yes the outside might not reveal much thinking back to the last time he was dealing with a shrine he and Hazuki did find at least something of use in......along with turtles that cried like human babies with faces on their shell's. That brief thought reminding him of how much hell these past few weeks have been before even coming here.

Still he supposed approaching the shrine itself wouldn't hurt especially if they are dealing with a spirit in this case.



".....Guess we should just head inside.... Maybe see if we can listen in through the door before going in though since we don't exactly know what we're dealing with" Kijima decides to suggest while beginning to slowly step forward towards the door. His eyes scanning all around to see if he could spot anything particularly possible dangers to him or Saki. While he held his own suspicions on what they were dealing with he decided to keep that to himself for now.

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @ShrinePeeps
Yulia
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @ShrinePeeps

Just as Kijima took a step to enter the shrine, an all too familiar girl, cat-ear head band and everything promptly jumped out of the bushes.



"Don't! I... I mean... What if this was all part of Nia's prank! Maybe she's got some kind of trap waiting for us at the shrine!" She shouted.

Unintentionally, as she jumped out at the others, her tail struck the shrine door, which ended up sliding open just enough to reveal what was inside. For better or worse, Yulia didn't notice this yet...​
 

Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM


❝ Sure, of courseee~ ❞ Eien smiled innocently, reaching into her pockets with her free arm. The shopkeeper cautiously paid attention to the exchange. The young girl took out a few coins out of her pockets, one of them slipping out of her hand and falling to the ground.

The sound of that coin ringing throughout the air, the light completely went out in that moment. The scene around them changed completely with the festival stalls being suddenly gone, and an intense fog surrounded Barrett and Allen.

It wasn't like they were alone either.



In the place of Eien, a peculiar ghost was staring right at Barrett, easily slipping out of his grip and let out an echoing laughter. Behind this ghost, a furious snake sprouted from the ground where Nui last stood, hissing aggressively and rearing its head for the intention of lunging right at the two tourists with its fangs.

@Lucky @Jeremi @FestivalGrounds?






❝ Right... I figure that kind of approach was going to be used. There really is no hope for you. ❞ The woman sighed in displeasure, but didn't bother to press on with this thread of conversation. Staring off toward where the festivities and the shrine were located, thin spherical veils surrounding the festival and the shrine separately could be seen, like oversized bubbles.

❝ Already? Well, guess there's not much time left... none of us had any beginner's luck in a rigged game anyways. ❞ She says in a bitter tone, finishing her wine glass before pouring out more from the nearby bottle.

@Capri @Inn




The shrine door didn't seem to run into any problems into opening in such a fashion as a result of Yulia's sudden appearance. The room first seen inside appeared like a remnant of the past, a musty and rotting stench came from it. There, the ghostly figure the group saw beforehand... stood at the center of the room, as if waiting for them.



A striking red sneer came off of the figure who more or less blended in with the lack of lighting in the room. Raising their hand, the figure snapped their fingers and-



❝ Huh? Are you guys okay? You're... spacing out again. Like back at the performance earlier. ❞ Nia blinked in visible confusion as the other shrine workers left the room upon the tourist's arrival. In the back of the shrine room, the young shrine maiden Nozomu timidly avoided eye contact with the others, sitting at the kotatsu futon with a fresh cup of tea. The group would realize that Mei was still nowhere to be found.

❝ Uh... y'all need some tea? I can make a batch right now... I mean it. ❞

@York @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Shrine
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Allen Chambers

Allen really didn't want to cause problems and was going to tell the shop keeper that he would clean the mess ( even if he wasn't the one who had caused it in the first place) But then the coin had dropped and everything had changed. When he turned to Barrett, he decided to be a little obvious. " I think we found the witch." He would notice the snake move towards him and lunge. He would take a second and attempt to summon an electric ball to throw at the snake. If that didn't work,he would move and try to grab the snake.

@Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Festival Grounds​
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
“You fucking think?!” Barrett shouted at Allen as he pulled up his gatling arm and opened fire at the attacking snake. “Suck on this you ugly motherfucker!”

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky
 

Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
Allen would see that his powers were in full effect, the electric ball being thrown at the snake. Along with Barrett's gunfire, their attacks hit their mark on the snake, which recoiled back in agitation. The lingering ghost made snickering noises while drifting at a safe distance away from the fight. Rearing its head back, the snake let out a sudden wave of flames from it's maw, rooted in place to the ground.

@Jeremi @Lucky @FestivalGrounds?
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Barrett did his best to roll out of the way of the incoming fire. “I’ll take care of the overgrown garden hose!“ He shouted to Allen. “You take care of that other floaty thing! Somethin’ tells me we’re going to need to hand them both their asses before we can figure this shit out!”

Barrett tried to remember if he had any material attached to his arm but looks like the sockets were empty. Well, no problem he still had this. He charged up a large ball of energy that he fired towards the rooted snake hoping to keep it distracted enough to get in close.

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Allen Chambers

Allen was relieved to see that his powers were in full effect, especially when the electric ball would hit the snake and he was happy to see that working together had made quick work of their foe. It seemed that the ghost didn't want to get involved with the fight and he knew that meant it was the true enemy. When coming from a world of superheros, things were often important like that when it came own to it.

He had been paying so little attention to his surroundings, that he nearly got scorched by the fire, but dived out of the way at the last second as well. " I can certainly take care of the floating thing as long as you handle the snake. I guess we should have suspected she was bad earlier."

Allen knew that shooting a ball of electricity at the ghost wasn't going to do anything. Of course, when it came down to things, electricity wasn't his only power. He closed his eyes once he got closer to the ghost and activated his other power, the one others hated. The power to block out and destroy other's powers in a small radius.

@Sark @Jeremi
 

Capri

salutations!
Mentor
KAMAL BORA
@Gummi Bunnies

“Wh-what’s your deal, lady?” Kamal asked, “I kn-know nothing!”

Then came the bubbles...

“Wh-what the hell’s happening?” he asked, this time, if it were the tone of voice the red haired girl was looking for, she would find that this comment was the first truly genuine one.​
 

Crimson Spartan

Friendly Spartan
Yulia
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @ShrinePeeps

Just as Kijima took a step to enter the shrine, an all too familiar girl, cat-ear head band and everything promptly jumped out of the bushes.



"Don't! I... I mean... What if this was all part of Nia's prank! Maybe she's got some kind of trap waiting for us at the shrine!" She shouted.

Unintentionally, as she jumped out at the others, her tail struck the shrine door, which ended up sliding open just enough to reveal what was inside. For better or worse, Yulia didn't notice this yet...



❝ Sure, of courseee~ ❞ Eien smiled innocently, reaching into her pockets with her free arm. The shopkeeper cautiously paid attention to the exchange. The young girl took out a few coins out of her pockets, one of them slipping out of her hand and falling to the ground.

The sound of that coin ringing throughout the air, the light completely went out in that moment. The scene around them changed completely with the festival stalls being suddenly gone, and an intense fog surrounded Barrett and Allen.

It wasn't like they were alone either.



In the place of Eien, a peculiar ghost was staring right at Barrett, easily slipping out of his grip and let out an echoing laughter. Behind this ghost, a furious snake sprouted from the ground where Nui last stood, hissing aggressively and rearing its head for the intention of lunging right at the two tourists with its fangs.

@Lucky @Jeremi @FestivalGrounds?






❝ Right... I figure that kind of approach was going to be used. There really is no hope for you. ❞ The woman sighed in displeasure, but didn't bother to press on with this thread of conversation. Staring off toward where the festivities and the shrine were located, thin spherical veils surrounding the festival and the shrine separately could be seen, like oversized bubbles.

❝ Already? Well, guess there's not much time left... none of us had any beginner's luck in a rigged game anyways. ❞ She says in a bitter tone, finishing her wine glass before pouring out more from the nearby bottle.

@Capri @Inn




The shrine door didn't seem to run into any problems into opening in such a fashion as a result of Yulia's sudden appearance. The room first seen inside appeared like a remnant of the past, a musty and rotting stench came from it. There, the ghostly figure the group saw beforehand... stood at the center of the room, as if waiting for them.



A striking red sneer came off of the figure who more or less blended in with the lack of lighting in the room. Raising their hand, the figure snapped their fingers and-



❝ Huh? Are you guys okay? You're... spacing out again. Like back at the performance earlier. ❞ Nia blinked in visible confusion as the other shrine workers left the room upon the tourist's arrival. In the back of the shrine room, the young shrine maiden Nozomu timidly avoided eye contact with the others, sitting at the kotatsu futon with a fresh cup of tea. The group would realize that Mei was still nowhere to be found.

❝ Uh... y'all need some tea? I can make a batch right now... I mean it. ❞

@York @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Shrine
To say Kijima was upset at Yulia was an understatement as an all too familiar scowl crossed his lips. "What the hell do ya think you're do-..."

The rest of his words died in his mouth as he froze upon seeing the ghostly figure. A familiar uneasiness crept it's way into his body as he realized that this was a spirit they were dealing with and a seemingly malicious one at that. Just as suddenly however the figure snapped their fingers and a wild Nia appeared. Everything was back to normal it seems so he listened to Nia while noticing Nozomu out of the corner of his eye.



"Nah i'm good... Just came up here to see what I can learn about the shrine. Got a friend that would love to hear about this place..." Well Kijima technically wasn't lying as Hazuki would love to hear about this place. He just decided not to mention that she was in a coma. Still he had to wonder about what happened just now...it seemed like a hallucination however it all felt so real. Thinking to himself he suspects that it was the witch's doing but could there be another force at play?

At this point he notices Mei is still missing though opts to remain quiet for now.

@York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @ShrinePeeps​
 

Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
The snake hissed violently upon being struck by the charged energy shot. During this time, the ghost didn't seem to expect Allen's power to do what it did, causing the ghost to fall to the ground and starting to flicker in and out of existence.

Despite all of this, both Barrett and Allen would start to feel abnormally hazy, as if drifting out of consciousness and passing out then and there.




The woman only shook her head before taking a good sip out of her refilled wine glass.

❝ I'd love to know what the hell is happening too, you know. ❞ She groaned in response, but stared at her remaining wine in the glass. ❝ Well... at the very least, she has a keen taste for wine picked out. ❞

Kamal would then feel a sense of hazy clouding shrouding his consciousness, feeling like he fainted on the spot.




❝ Oh! Really? Well uh, I'm not an expert... ❞ Nia expressed some surprise at Kijima's words, but then realizing she wasn't much of a know-it-all in the shrine department. She would glance over at Nozomu, who looked like she was not used to this amount of people in the shrine and about to fall asleep. ❝ Plus, Nozomu-chan's not a people person. ❞

The prankster awkwardly wasn't sure if the other tourists wanted to have tea or not, hoping someone would say yes to the offer.



❝ Tea! Tea sounds good! ❞ Yulia brought it upon herself to at least dismiss the awkward silence in the air, though at the same time passing a quick apologetic look toward Kijima. As Nia sighed in relief for the quick save and makes her way toward the sliding door for the tea preparation, Yulia let out a gasp as if something just dawned on her.

❝ Hey, wait a sec... ❞ She would make note of the shrine's interior around her, then commenting, ❝ I think I recognize this place. ❞

From Yulia's words alone, Nia stopped herself from leaving the room, and Nozomu froze up while about to take a sip of her tea. A hazy feeling began to swell up wildly within the tourists.

❝ Yeah, I really think I do. So isn't this where the pl- ❞ Yulia never got to finish her revelation about this place, as the haziness suddenly overwhelmed their senses to the point of forcing them into unconsciousness.






After all they've been told so far, there wasn't a fine line between reality and fantasy, truth and lies, and so on. Unlike knowing something to be true or false for sure, there was a lingering sense of deception tainting everything that they've encountered in this world so far. So of course, it was hard to believe everything being shown and told, or to believe themselves for the matter.

Ever since their consciousness was drowned out in haziness, they could feel like they've been fighting for their lives feverishly. Almost like a matter of life or death. A matter of pure survival. At least, that was how fighting to overpower this hazy feeling that called them into this forced slumber.

That was, until a voice whispered oh so sweetly to all those in the tourist group.

❝ I've won this round, too bad~ ❞

Then everyone... snapped out of it.







A shrill bloodcurdling scream would be the first thing that those at the shrine hear upon regaining consciousness. The lights at the shrine were completely out, evident by the fact that they were broken and smashed all over the floor. Besides that, an overwhelming stench would bring their attention to what the situation was.

Blood. Blood was splattered everywhere in the room. Everything thrown into disarray, much like the aftermath of an one-sided attack. Kijima and Saki found themselves staring at the bodies of Yulia and Nozomu. In Kijima's grip, he held a metal bat, and in Saki's grip, he had a knife. These things that they don't remember having were bloodied. Yulia's head was smashed in from blunt force, and Nozomu was stabbed multiple times in the chest and stomach gutted open.

Off to the side, Nia was barely alive and bleeding out, bearing similar fatal injuries that Yulia and Nozomu had. Her mouth was moving as if she were trying to say something, but too weak to project her voice out towards the pair.

Outside the shrine, the front door was open and Mei was there, horrified at the scene she walked into. Definitely scared for her life, she immediately turns around and makes a dash toward the staircase back down to the festival grounds.

@Crimson Spartan @Takumi @Shrine




A loud crash would greet Kamal back into full consciousness, finding himself alone at the inn for the most part. The outdoor picnic table was still set up like it was when that woman was present, except that the wine bottle and glass were smashed on the ground as if it got knocked down. Some of the glass shards were coated in blood, and would leave a faint trail of red stains leading up the inn's second floor up the staircase.

@Capri @Inn




The first thing that would strike at Barrett and Allen recovering consciousness was the sudden sensation of burns here and there on their bodies, yet it wasn't life-threatening. The ghost and the snake were nowhere to be seen. However, two bodies were on the ground before them, Nui and Eien, dead.

Nui was riddled with bullet holes all over, yet left untouched by the large amount of fire spreading throughout the festival grounds. Eien was barely recognizable with her face horribly burnt, her pink hair being left as the only distinct feature to identify her. Her neck had marks that signify that she was choked to death.

It all looked like as if they were the ones responsible for this at first glance, and it could be, considering that they blacked out before this happened. The fires raging through the festival grounds were only worsening, as evident by the other casualties of burnt bodies littering the scene.

A faint cry for help could be heard not too far away from them both. In fact, those in the tour group that remained at the festival grounds, undecided in what they would do, could hear the cry for help as well.

@Jeremi @Lucky @FestivalGrounds

@Crow @ShadowCoyote0 @mintyy @Yun Lee @Undecided
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
“Shit…” Barrett murmured looking down at his gun arm and the carnage in front of him. Was this someone playing a sick joke on them or had they really done this? “Fuck. Shit!” His expletives became louder as he looked around listening to where the cry for help was coming from. “We can’t think about this right now,” He remarked to Allen. “You hear that cryin’? We gotta find out where it’s comin’ from!” He looked down at the bodies. “We can’t help them anyway…”


@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies
 

Crimson Spartan

Friendly Spartan
The snake hissed violently upon being struck by the charged energy shot. During this time, the ghost didn't seem to expect Allen's power to do what it did, causing the ghost to fall to the ground and starting to flicker in and out of existence.

Despite all of this, both Barrett and Allen would start to feel abnormally hazy, as if drifting out of consciousness and passing out then and there.




The woman only shook her head before taking a good sip out of her refilled wine glass.

❝ I'd love to know what the hell is happening too, you know. ❞ She groaned in response, but stared at her remaining wine in the glass. ❝ Well... at the very least, she has a keen taste for wine picked out. ❞

Kamal would then feel a sense of hazy clouding shrouding his consciousness, feeling like he fainted on the spot.




❝ Oh! Really? Well uh, I'm not an expert... ❞ Nia expressed some surprise at Kijima's words, but then realizing she wasn't much of a know-it-all in the shrine department. She would glance over at Nozomu, who looked like she was not used to this amount of people in the shrine and about to fall asleep. ❝ Plus, Nozomu-chan's not a people person. ❞

The prankster awkwardly wasn't sure if the other tourists wanted to have tea or not, hoping someone would say yes to the offer.



❝ Tea! Tea sounds good! ❞ Yulia brought it upon herself to at least dismiss the awkward silence in the air, though at the same time passing a quick apologetic look toward Kijima. As Nia sighed in relief for the quick save and makes her way toward the sliding door for the tea preparation, Yulia let out a gasp as if something just dawned on her.

❝ Hey, wait a sec... ❞ She would make note of the shrine's interior around her, then commenting, ❝ I think I recognize this place. ❞

From Yulia's words alone, Nia stopped herself from leaving the room, and Nozomu froze up while about to take a sip of her tea. A hazy feeling began to swell up wildly within the tourists.

❝ Yeah, I really think I do. So isn't this where the pl- ❞ Yulia never got to finish her revelation about this place, as the haziness suddenly overwhelmed their senses to the point of forcing them into unconsciousness.






After all they've been told so far, there wasn't a fine line between reality and fantasy, truth and lies, and so on. Unlike knowing something to be true or false for sure, there was a lingering sense of deception tainting everything that they've encountered in this world so far. So of course, it was hard to believe everything being shown and told, or to believe themselves for the matter.

Ever since their consciousness was drowned out in haziness, they could feel like they've been fighting for their lives feverishly. Almost like a matter of life or death. A matter of pure survival. At least, that was how fighting to overpower this hazy feeling that called them into this forced slumber.

That was, until a voice whispered oh so sweetly to all those in the tourist group.

❝ I've won this round, too bad~ ❞

Then everyone... snapped out of it.







A shrill bloodcurdling scream would be the first thing that those at the shrine hear upon regaining consciousness. The lights at the shrine were completely out, evident by the fact that they were broken and smashed all over the floor. Besides that, an overwhelming stench would bring their attention to what the situation was.

Blood. Blood was splattered everywhere in the room. Everything thrown into disarray, much like the aftermath of an one-sided attack. Kijima and Saki found themselves staring at the bodies of Yulia and Nozomu. In Kijima's grip, he held a metal bat, and in Saki's grip, he had a knife. These things that they don't remember having were bloodied. Yulia's head was smashed in from blunt force, and Nozomu was stabbed multiple times in the chest and stomach gutted open.

Off to the side, Nia was barely alive and bleeding out, bearing similar fatal injuries that Yulia and Nozomu had. Her mouth was moving as if she were trying to say something, but too weak to project her voice out towards the pair.

Outside the shrine, the front door was open and Mei was there, horrified at the scene she walked into. Definitely scared for her life, she immediately turns around and makes a dash toward the staircase back down to the festival grounds.

@Crimson Spartan @Takumi @Shrine




A loud crash would greet Kamal back into full consciousness, finding himself alone at the inn for the most part. The outdoor picnic table was still set up like it was when that woman was present, except that the wine bottle and glass were smashed on the ground as if it got knocked down. Some of the glass shards were coated in blood, and would leave a faint trail of red stains leading up the inn's second floor up the staircase.

@Capri @Inn




The first thing that would strike at Barrett and Allen recovering consciousness was the sudden sensation of burns here and there on their bodies, yet it wasn't life-threatening. The ghost and the snake were nowhere to be seen. However, two bodies were on the ground before them, Nui and Eien, dead.

Nui was riddled with bullet holes all over, yet left untouched by the large amount of fire spreading throughout the festival grounds. Eien was barely recognizable with her face horribly burnt, her pink hair being left as the only distinct feature to identify her. Her neck had marks that signify that she was choked to death.

It all looked like as if they were the ones responsible for this at first glance, and it could be, considering that they blacked out before this happened. The fires raging through the festival grounds were only worsening, as evident by the other casualties of burnt bodies littering the scene.

A faint cry for help could be heard not too far away from them both. In fact, those in the tour group that remained at the festival grounds, undecided in what they would do, could hear the cry for help as well.

@Jeremi @Lucky @FestivalGrounds

@Crow @ShadowCoyote0 @mintyy @Yun Lee @Undecided


.....What?....

What the fuck...?

As Kijima's vision begins to return to him his eyes readjusting to the now dark shrine interior. He quickly becomes aware of an object in his hands glancing at it to see it was a bloodied metal baseball bat. Something wasn't right here at all as he thought back knowing he didn't have a bat when he got here. Did he use this to defend himself during that hazy feeling...? However a sudden realization snaps him out of his thoughts as his vision reached past the bat to what was in front of him.

and what he saw horrified him.

Shock instantly took over as his eyes widen seeing the dead body of Yulia in front of him. She looking as if she had been beaten to death with a blunt object. A blunt object......like the bat in his hands. His vision zoned in on this as if everything else was not there at this moment a soul crushing depression beginning to take hold within him. The same feeling he got as his time again Kakuya dragged on with his friends getting hurt along with his aunt.

Just as it began to set in however something else clicked. The hazy feeling, the feeling of fighting for survival, and the sickeningly sweet voice at the end it all clicked. The witch caused this...she had to be the one who caused him to do this. With that an uncontrollable rage sets in as he turns the bat leaving his grip as he throws it at an entrance door with all his might. Just as soon as he does this he began taking deep breaths trying to calm himself down still not completely aware of Saki, Nia, or the carnage aside from Yulia.

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @FuckedUpShrine​
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
The snake hissed violently upon being struck by the charged energy shot. During this time, the ghost didn't seem to expect Allen's power to do what it did, causing the ghost to fall to the ground and starting to flicker in and out of existence.

Despite all of this, both Barrett and Allen would start to feel abnormally hazy, as if drifting out of consciousness and passing out then and there.




The woman only shook her head before taking a good sip out of her refilled wine glass.

❝ I'd love to know what the hell is happening too, you know. ❞ She groaned in response, but stared at her remaining wine in the glass. ❝ Well... at the very least, she has a keen taste for wine picked out. ❞

Kamal would then feel a sense of hazy clouding shrouding his consciousness, feeling like he fainted on the spot.




❝ Oh! Really? Well uh, I'm not an expert... ❞ Nia expressed some surprise at Kijima's words, but then realizing she wasn't much of a know-it-all in the shrine department. She would glance over at Nozomu, who looked like she was not used to this amount of people in the shrine and about to fall asleep. ❝ Plus, Nozomu-chan's not a people person. ❞

The prankster awkwardly wasn't sure if the other tourists wanted to have tea or not, hoping someone would say yes to the offer.



❝ Tea! Tea sounds good! ❞ Yulia brought it upon herself to at least dismiss the awkward silence in the air, though at the same time passing a quick apologetic look toward Kijima. As Nia sighed in relief for the quick save and makes her way toward the sliding door for the tea preparation, Yulia let out a gasp as if something just dawned on her.

❝ Hey, wait a sec... ❞ She would make note of the shrine's interior around her, then commenting, ❝ I think I recognize this place. ❞

From Yulia's words alone, Nia stopped herself from leaving the room, and Nozomu froze up while about to take a sip of her tea. A hazy feeling began to swell up wildly within the tourists.

❝ Yeah, I really think I do. So isn't this where the pl- ❞ Yulia never got to finish her revelation about this place, as the haziness suddenly overwhelmed their senses to the point of forcing them into unconsciousness.






After all they've been told so far, there wasn't a fine line between reality and fantasy, truth and lies, and so on. Unlike knowing something to be true or false for sure, there was a lingering sense of deception tainting everything that they've encountered in this world so far. So of course, it was hard to believe everything being shown and told, or to believe themselves for the matter.

Ever since their consciousness was drowned out in haziness, they could feel like they've been fighting for their lives feverishly. Almost like a matter of life or death. A matter of pure survival. At least, that was how fighting to overpower this hazy feeling that called them into this forced slumber.

That was, until a voice whispered oh so sweetly to all those in the tourist group.

❝ I've won this round, too bad~ ❞

Then everyone... snapped out of it.







A shrill bloodcurdling scream would be the first thing that those at the shrine hear upon regaining consciousness. The lights at the shrine were completely out, evident by the fact that they were broken and smashed all over the floor. Besides that, an overwhelming stench would bring their attention to what the situation was.

Blood. Blood was splattered everywhere in the room. Everything thrown into disarray, much like the aftermath of an one-sided attack. Kijima and Saki found themselves staring at the bodies of Yulia and Nozomu. In Kijima's grip, he held a metal bat, and in Saki's grip, he had a knife. These things that they don't remember having were bloodied. Yulia's head was smashed in from blunt force, and Nozomu was stabbed multiple times in the chest and stomach gutted open.

Off to the side, Nia was barely alive and bleeding out, bearing similar fatal injuries that Yulia and Nozomu had. Her mouth was moving as if she were trying to say something, but too weak to project her voice out towards the pair.

Outside the shrine, the front door was open and Mei was there, horrified at the scene she walked into. Definitely scared for her life, she immediately turns around and makes a dash toward the staircase back down to the festival grounds.

@Crimson Spartan @Takumi @Shrine




A loud crash would greet Kamal back into full consciousness, finding himself alone at the inn for the most part. The outdoor picnic table was still set up like it was when that woman was present, except that the wine bottle and glass were smashed on the ground as if it got knocked down. Some of the glass shards were coated in blood, and would leave a faint trail of red stains leading up the inn's second floor up the staircase.

@Capri @Inn




The first thing that would strike at Barrett and Allen recovering consciousness was the sudden sensation of burns here and there on their bodies, yet it wasn't life-threatening. The ghost and the snake were nowhere to be seen. However, two bodies were on the ground before them, Nui and Eien, dead.

Nui was riddled with bullet holes all over, yet left untouched by the large amount of fire spreading throughout the festival grounds. Eien was barely recognizable with her face horribly burnt, her pink hair being left as the only distinct feature to identify her. Her neck had marks that signify that she was choked to death.

It all looked like as if they were the ones responsible for this at first glance, and it could be, considering that they blacked out before this happened. The fires raging through the festival grounds were only worsening, as evident by the other casualties of burnt bodies littering the scene.

A faint cry for help could be heard not too far away from them both. In fact, those in the tour group that remained at the festival grounds, undecided in what they would do, could hear the cry for help as well.

@Jeremi @Lucky @FestivalGrounds

@Crow @ShadowCoyote0 @mintyy @Yun Lee @Undecided
The knife slipped from his grip and clattered to the floor as Saki blinked at the carnage before them once the dark haze was clear from his vision. It was messy, far too messy than most Magicians would of been if given the task of eliminating anyone in the shrine.



This was not a task he had been given, it was the opposite of the task he had been intending to see through. That angered him, pupils thinning despite trying to keep his face neutral.



Noticing Nia, he approached her, squatting to assess if there was anyway to ensure she could potentially survive the ordeal without any form of his magic currently at his disposal as far as he knew, or at least to try and read her lips for what she may be trying to say.

He was even going to attempt and see if his magic still wouldn't work or if it'd even give Nia a better chance of surviving despite how slim it might be, when Mei's scream and Kijima's angered lashing out caused his gaze to snap over towards the entrance at the sudden noise before returning his attention to Nia and keeping her alive at least a little longer.

@Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @Shrine
 

Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM


❝ ...!!! ❞ A raspy gasp came from Nia's mouth, soon followed with her frantically trying to move herself away from Saki. It was easy to see that her legs were broken from being beaten by most likely the metal bat that Kijima immediately threw out of the shrine. Deep gashes from a knife were littered throughout her body, most notably there were stab wounds around her neck.

Kijima and Saki would notice that something of theirs was back, something that was once repressed by the Witch, probably. Their powers seem to be back at full effect, which could be noted from Saki being able to slightly heal one of Nia's legs as she tried to get away.

@Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Shrine




Barrett could see that a schoolgirl, Yui was trying to move the flaming debri off of someone.

❝ I'll... I'll get you out of there, I swear! Please just... h-hold on, help has to be coming... ❞ Yui desperately tries to lift the flaming chunk of wood but to no avail as she recoils from the heat.

@Jeremi @Lucky @FestivalGrounds
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club


❝ ...!!! ❞ A raspy gasp came from Nia's mouth, soon followed with her frantically trying to move herself away from Saki. It was easy to see that her legs were broken from being beaten by most likely the metal bat that Kijima immediately threw out of the shrine. Deep gashes from a knife were littered throughout her body, most notably there were stab wounds around her neck.

Kijima and Saki would notice that something of theirs was back, something that was once repressed by the Witch, probably. Their powers seem to be back at full effect, which could be noted from Saki being able to slightly heal one of Nia's legs as she tried to get away.

@Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Shrine




Barrett could see that a schoolgirl, Yui was trying to move the flaming debri off of someone.

❝ I'll... I'll get you out of there, I swear! Please just... h-hold on, help has to be coming... ❞ Yui desperately tries to lift the flaming chunk of wood but to no avail as she recoils from the heat.

@Jeremi @Lucky @FestivalGrounds
Watching as blue crystal like shards of ice lightly coated Nia's legs to heal them, Saki wasn't surprised she tried to get away from him in the process. Sighing through his nose he focused on the task at hand.



"Nia, I know you're scared but don't move too much." He spoke, focusing on trying to heal the stab wounds next despite her frantic movements. It wasn't as if she'd get very far in her current state. Once the healing was finished the shards would break and fall away before dissolving.

Even if it didn't completely heal everything, now that he knew he could use his magic for the worst of it he knew that Nia's chances of living were better off than he originally thought. However, he had no idea what their next course of action should be with what happened here and with Mei.

While in any other situation, Mei likely wouldn't of gotten away unscathed she currently wasn't his first priority.

"If you need to, stand outside and get some air." Saki called to Kijima as he made sure the worst of Nia's wounds were taken care of.

"Hm, it'd probably be better not to separate." He muttered after a brief pause to think.

@Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @Shrine
 
Last edited:

Crimson Spartan

Friendly Spartan


❝ ...!!! ❞ A raspy gasp came from Nia's mouth, soon followed with her frantically trying to move herself away from Saki. It was easy to see that her legs were broken from being beaten by most likely the metal bat that Kijima immediately threw out of the shrine. Deep gashes from a knife were littered throughout her body, most notably there were stab wounds around her neck.

Kijima and Saki would notice that something of theirs was back, something that was once repressed by the Witch, probably. Their powers seem to be back at full effect, which could be noted from Saki being able to slightly heal one of Nia's legs as she tried to get away.

@Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Shrine




Barrett could see that a schoolgirl, Yui was trying to move the flaming debri off of someone.

❝ I'll... I'll get you out of there, I swear! Please just... h-hold on, help has to be coming... ❞ Yui desperately tries to lift the flaming chunk of wood but to no avail as she recoils from the heat.

@Jeremi @Lucky @FestivalGrounds
'Deep breathes...concentrate' Kijima's mind tried to process all of what he had just seen and heard. It was a lot to take in and he was having some trouble coming to grips with the fact that he killed someone. However after a few breathes his mind started processing information a lot faster than before as he started the process of connecting dots. Whatever happened in that short span he was in that hazy slumber must've been the witch getting him to kill Yulia. The bat he wasn't sure where that came from but now with the feeling of his power coming back he could figure it out. The only other major thing on his mind was what Yulia was about to say. It seemed like suddenly she remembered something but was cut off before she could finish her sentence.

It's at this point Kijima's hears Saki call out to him about his earlier outburst and realizing that it must've made a scene. Glancing over now aware of both Saki and the terrified Nia Kijima had a good guess as to why Nia was terrified. "Nah i'm good......" he replied to Saki sounding much calmer than he looked mere seconds ago. Looking at his gloved hand Kijima knew what he had to do as he looked back at the corpses now noticing Nozomu's corpse. A moment of shock threatens however an intense focus gets rid of any shock or anger that might build up now that he has a task in mind.

"...I'm gonna try something....." he calls out again to Saki as he slowly walked over to Yulia's corpse. Kneeling by it he reached down looking to touch any exposed blood on her body. Focusing he attempts to use his bloodmetry to see if he could get any possible information on how things played out right before her death.

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @ Shrine​
 
Without much motivation or planning, Dimitri had been wandering around the outskirts of the festival. Anger still filled his heart, but no reason came to mind. Everything was a blur, which only further added to his frustration. Everything seemed normal, yet nothing felt natural. While he has trying to make sense of everything, he heard the mysterious voice speaking to him. He was no stranger to hearing voices, but usually they were familiar. This one was foreign to him though, and just as he was about to respond to it, his mind rushed back to reality.


fire-emblem-three-houses-dimitri-post-war-outfit (2).jpg

The once jovial festival was now engulfed in flames, and the scent of burning bodies filled the air. Dimitri rushed in to investigate, and was greeted with a familiar sight.

Tragedy_of_Duscur.png

"Duscur...it's happening again..." He dropped to his knees. "I couldn't stop it...again..." He slammed his fist into the ground, bloodying his knuckles and cracking the earth around it. "DAMNIT........WHO THE HELL DID THIS?!" Dimitri's blood was boiling. His heart and head were pounding. Flashes of the Flame Emperor, of her, came flooding back. Could she be behind this? Who the hell did this? What's been messing with his head? Dimitri wanted answers, and he wanted blood. For now, he stood at the center of the festival, stuck in his mind, and on the verge of becoming unhinged.

@Gummi Bunnies @Festival Grounds
 
Last edited:

Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
Nia was speechless at first once she was healed by Saki. It wasn't a full recovery, obviously, but it was enough to keep her from dying on them. Regardless, she was still deathly afraid of the apparent situation in front of her, breathing heavily and keeping her eyes focused on the pair.

❝ Oyashiro-sama... please save me... Oyashiro-sama... please... save me... Oyashiro-sama... please save... me... ❞ She repeated with a weak voice, and it was for sure the same words she was trying to say before she was healed by Saki.

As Kijima put his bloodmetry to use by making physical contact with traces of blood present on Yulia's body, he would be shown the earlier scene at the shrine before tragedy struck. It all plays out like he remembered it, such as Nia's awkward offer for tea and Yulia's response to that. Then... came her sudden revelation out of nowhere.

❝ I think I recognize this place... Yeah, I really think I do. ❞ Yulia spoke upon getting a good look around the shrine, and then continuing, ❝ So isn't this where the place has this curse that- ❞

Her voice was suddenly cut off yet her mouth continued to move as if she were saying more things that Kijima couldn't hear. Then, time froze in his bloodmetry's vision, and that same shadowy figure from earlier appeared to put their hands over Yulia's mouth.

❝ No cheating now~ This'll only spoil things. ❞ The shadow mockingly jeered at Kijima. ❝ Hm... this calls for a penalty, it's only fair~ ❞

Just like that, he was booted out of his bloodmetry-induced vision. Besides the smell of fresh corpses, a particular stench began to make its presence known. A fragrance that was alike to... an alluring rose.

Nia caught wind of this smell immediately, and froze up once more and no longer making notice for Kijima and Saki. All she was able to say from this development was ❝ Oya... shiro... sama... ❞

Time began to skip for a few seconds' period, preventing the pair from stopping Nia's abrupt and successful attempt of wildly clawing at her neck. By the time that the strange inconsistencies with the flow of time stopped, Nia was collapsed on the ground with a hefty clawed opening in her neck, her eyes lifeless upon inspection.

Much more, the sweet fragrances of roses began to enter the shrine from the back room, fumes of blackened gas slowly making their way to Kijima and Saki. As much as it smelled divine and relaxing, the presence of the gas coming ever closer caused them to feel an overbearing pain, no telling how the pain would feel and/or do if they made physical contact with the fumes. It was only a matter of time before the deathly fumes would reach the shrine's front doors, the only way out it seems.

@Crimson Spartan @Takumi @Shrine




From where Dimitri was, a voice called out in a panicked state. A girl, Mei, appeared to be rushing down the staircase from the direction of the shrine, her panic increasing upon seeing the festival in flames and the littering of burnt corpses.

P-Please... help! I... I-I... saw... people b-being killed at the shrine! They're... going to kill me next... ❞ Mei hurried over to Dimitri in a desperate attempt to find help, but then becoming cautious upon realizing that he wasn't... exactly alright.

❝ H-Hey... please... please tell me... that you haven't... killed anybody too... please just tell me what's going on!! ❞

@ShadowCoyote0
 

Crimson Spartan

Friendly Spartan
Nia was speechless at first once she was healed by Saki. It wasn't a full recovery, obviously, but it was enough to keep her from dying on them. Regardless, she was still deathly afraid of the apparent situation in front of her, breathing heavily and keeping her eyes focused on the pair.

❝ Oyashiro-sama... please save me... Oyashiro-sama... please... save me... Oyashiro-sama... please save... me... ❞ She repeated with a weak voice, and it was for sure the same words she was trying to say before she was healed by Saki.

As Kijima put his bloodmetry to use by making physical contact with traces of blood present on Yulia's body, he would be shown the earlier scene at the shrine before tragedy struck. It all plays out like he remembered it, such as Nia's awkward offer for tea and Yulia's response to that. Then... came her sudden revelation out of nowhere.

❝ I think I recognize this place... Yeah, I really think I do. ❞ Yulia spoke upon getting a good look around the shrine, and then continuing, ❝ So isn't this where the place has this curse that- ❞

Her voice was suddenly cut off yet her mouth continued to move as if she were saying more things that Kijima couldn't hear. Then, time froze in his bloodmetry's vision, and that same shadowy figure from earlier appeared to put their hands over Yulia's mouth.

❝ No cheating now~ This'll only spoil things. ❞ The shadow mockingly jeered at Kijima. ❝ Hm... this calls for a penalty, it's only fair~ ❞

Just like that, he was booted out of his bloodmetry-induced vision. Besides the smell of fresh corpses, a particular stench began to make its presence known. A fragrance that was alike to... an alluring rose.

Nia caught wind of this smell immediately, and froze up once more and no longer making notice for Kijima and Saki. All she was able to say from this development was ❝ Oya... shiro... sama... ❞

Time began to skip for a few seconds' period, preventing the pair from stopping Nia's abrupt and successful attempt of wildly clawing at her neck. By the time that the strange inconsistencies with the flow of time stopped, Nia was collapsed on the ground with a hefty clawed opening in her neck, her eyes lifeless upon inspection.

Much more, the sweet fragrances of roses began to enter the shrine from the back room, fumes of blackened gas slowly making their way to Kijima and Saki. As much as it smelled divine and relaxing, the presence of the gas coming ever closer caused them to feel an overbearing pain, no telling how the pain would feel and/or do if they made physical contact with the fumes. It was only a matter of time before the deathly fumes would reach the shrine's front doors, the only way out it seems.

@Crimson Spartan @Takumi @Shrine




From where Dimitri was, a voice called out in a panicked state. A girl, Mei, appeared to be rushing down the staircase from the direction of the shrine, her panic increasing upon seeing the festival in flames and the littering of burnt corpses.

P-Please... help! I... I-I... saw... people b-being killed at the shrine! They're... going to kill me next... ❞ Mei hurried over to Dimitri in a desperate attempt to find help, but then becoming cautious upon realizing that he wasn't... exactly alright.

❝ H-Hey... please... please tell me... that you haven't... killed anybody too... please just tell me what's going on!! ❞

@ShadowCoyote0
Bloodmetry is always a tiring process but even more so when a witch gets involved. Panting heavily as his vision was abruptly ended Kijima shakes his head a moment muttering curses under his breath.



"Damn witch.." he speaks right as he notices the smell of....roses...? That was a familiar smell to him but he didn't have time to dwell on that as he turned his head to look at Saki and Nia just as he heard her speak. He could do nothing as he watched Nia claw her own throat out. This must have been what the witch meant by 'penalty'.....because of his actions Nia was now dead. That soul crushing depression began to take over as he sprinted over to Nia and Saki but the depression was quickly squashed by his instincts kicking in upon noticing the black fumes slowly creeping in. An insane amount of pain kicks in as he reached them but for now he was able to endure.

"....We need to go..." Kijima speaks to Saki as he turns towards the front door. Voice and facial expression oddly calm although that didn't reach his eyes.

@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Shrine
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Barrett spotted Yui trying to help someone in the fires. "I'm comin' little lady!" As he'd get closer he'd try to get a quick grip on the log and toss it aside. He didn't want anyone else dead on his watch.

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @FestivalGrounds
 
Top