Side Story » World Revolving Never More «

Status
Not open for further replies.
>???<
Humble Festive Offerings

Assessing what they've covered in terms of what to do from here on out, Miu figured that it was time to wrap up their discussion as it was nearing the limit of keeping this space isolated from the altered world intact, and that this group was settled on lending their efforts to save this world. Making sure that everyone that was willing to go on was on the lowered white platform, she readied herself to proceed with what was next.

Well, this is it then. From this point onward, the goal is to retrieve the clear crystals that make up my remaining magic and uncover the Witch's identity from the village's people. It's... the most I can give my input toward, as I am unable to further communicate with you all once you're sent back to the village of Hinamizawa. In fact... due to how I'll use the magic I still have in this clustered form of mine, this rendition of myself will cease to exist. It won't be like I'll be permanently gone, as long as you retrieve those clear crystals, there's a chance that I can still exist... I'll simply have no recollection of this meeting no matter what. Despite the fate that she faced after doing this act of magic, Miu was determined to do what she could to ensure this world's survival, entrusting this notion to the individuals that made up the village tour group.

A sudden gust of wind swirled around the platform that they stood upon, a calming sensation began to ease them along with the fact that their senses began to lose their bearings to the situation that they were being pulled away from this empty piece of this world and into another.

The clustered lights that made up Miu's form gradually flickered before petering out one by one, inevitable that there would be nothing left of her in this instance. Even so, she gave her encouraging words to the group as her warping magic was about to do its job. Good luck everyone! I believe that you can save this world after all!

Then, their consciousness should drift off with the breezy wind revolving around them, it should soon.

Before that would inevitably happen, a gentle whisper broke past the rhythmic gusts of wind, relaying a cryptic message to their ears. A message that brought upon those same numbing sounds of ringing bells.

❝ The time for the awaited tragedy... it's almost here. So... please wait for me. ❞

For what felt like an eternity, another voice could be loosely made out as the tour group's consciousness started to come back to reality.

❝ Hey... hey, c'mon already. Hellooo?? ❞

❝ Nia, that's not how you get their attention. We only got here after covering most of the village for the tour, so allow them a moment of rest. ❞

As the bells were no longer heard by the tour group, everyone would slowly recover and return to normal as if such an absurd event never took place. Along with the fact that Nia and Cecilia did not make any mention for any new arrivals, much like they were here to begin with. Evidently, time definitely passed a significant margin since Miu's interjection.

qRd11AJ.png

The sun had set and the night sky could be seen. Surrounded by the rural festival scene, the main performance of the village's shrine maiden already concluded, and the young maiden could be seen going up the steps to the shrine with the other assistants atop the hill from the festival grounds. That shrine maiden could be recognized by some of the group as Nozomu, from the schoolyard.

❝ Ahem! ❞ Nia would wave her hands wildly, pouting at how the group seemed to be spacing out. ❝ Don't leave me waiting for a response like that! Anyways, I know that ritual dance was super mesmerizing and stuff, but that isn't an excuse to space out. You could at least, I don't know, chill out in a different way while at a festival occasion. ❞

Cecilia would be seen shaking her head at the other's choice of words, and before she could give her two cents in on what they could do.

❝ Well, besides that, if you need me, I'm going to congratulate Nozomu-chan on her performance over at the shrine! She totes deserves it! ❞ Nia proudly declared before running off on her own, up the hilly staircase toward the village's shrine.

❝ I must have a talk with her after all this. How unprofessional. ❞ Cecilia groaned, turning her attention to the group now, ❝ I would go after her now, but I do have this festival to maintain and such. So I suppose this is the end of the tour, technically speaking. You're free to explore the rest of the festival grounds, rest up for the night at the inn, or if you really wish to, go and make sure Nia doesn't make any trouble for the shrine's occupants and attendants. That is all. ❞

With that, Cecilia left the tour group on their own, presumably attending to the numerous stalls at this festival.

~Guest List~
@Crimson Spartan as Akira Kijima (Spirit Hunter NG)
@Lucky as Allen Chambers (OC)
@mintyy as Ansel (Arknights)
@Jeremi as Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy 7 Remake)
@ShadowCoyote0 as Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd (Fire Emblem Three Houses)
@Yun Lee as Dorothea Arnault (Fire Emblem Three Houses)
@Capri as Kamal Bora (Smile For Me)
@Takumi as Saki Haijima (When a Magician's Pupil Smiles)
@Crow as Tachibana Arisu (The Idolmaster Cinderella Girls)
@York as Yulia (Everlasting Summer)
[S I G N A L L O S T]

Ugh whoa this was starting to get disorienting. Barret looked around confused after yet another scenery change he let out a groan. "Okay, okay, we gotta get control of this entire situation," He remarked to the rest of the group. Despite wanting to go back to the inn and sleep this mess away he had to try and figure this thing out. "I'm gonna go and check the festival area in case I could find somethin'. Y'all welcome to join me."

@Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

Allen Chambers

Allen had already that he was going to stick to Barret, despite how annoying the man might find him annoying or make him made. " I think that checking out the area might be our best course of action. Unless the inn keep is the w word we are looking for, I don't think we will get anything from going to bed," he replied, wondering what the best area of the festival to look was. " Do you think we should look for the girl from the store>"

@Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Everyone

>???<
Humble Festive Offerings

Assessing what they've covered in terms of what to do from here on out, Miu figured that it was time to wrap up their discussion as it was nearing the limit of keeping this space isolated from the altered world intact, and that this group was settled on lending their efforts to save this world. Making sure that everyone that was willing to go on was on the lowered white platform, she readied herself to proceed with what was next.

Well, this is it then. From this point onward, the goal is to retrieve the clear crystals that make up my remaining magic and uncover the Witch's identity from the village's people. It's... the most I can give my input toward, as I am unable to further communicate with you all once you're sent back to the village of Hinamizawa. In fact... due to how I'll use the magic I still have in this clustered form of mine, this rendition of myself will cease to exist. It won't be like I'll be permanently gone, as long as you retrieve those clear crystals, there's a chance that I can still exist... I'll simply have no recollection of this meeting no matter what. Despite the fate that she faced after doing this act of magic, Miu was determined to do what she could to ensure this world's survival, entrusting this notion to the individuals that made up the village tour group.

A sudden gust of wind swirled around the platform that they stood upon, a calming sensation began to ease them along with the fact that their senses began to lose their bearings to the situation that they were being pulled away from this empty piece of this world and into another.

The clustered lights that made up Miu's form gradually flickered before petering out one by one, inevitable that there would be nothing left of her in this instance. Even so, she gave her encouraging words to the group as her warping magic was about to do its job. Good luck everyone! I believe that you can save this world after all!

Then, their consciousness should drift off with the breezy wind revolving around them, it should soon.

Before that would inevitably happen, a gentle whisper broke past the rhythmic gusts of wind, relaying a cryptic message to their ears. A message that brought upon those same numbing sounds of ringing bells.

❝ The time for the awaited tragedy... it's almost here. So... please wait for me. ❞

For what felt like an eternity, another voice could be loosely made out as the tour group's consciousness started to come back to reality.

❝ Hey... hey, c'mon already. Hellooo?? ❞

❝ Nia, that's not how you get their attention. We only got here after covering most of the village for the tour, so allow them a moment of rest. ❞

As the bells were no longer heard by the tour group, everyone would slowly recover and return to normal as if such an absurd event never took place. Along with the fact that Nia and Cecilia did not make any mention for any new arrivals, much like they were here to begin with. Evidently, time definitely passed a significant margin since Miu's interjection.

qRd11AJ.png

The sun had set and the night sky could be seen. Surrounded by the rural festival scene, the main performance of the village's shrine maiden already concluded, and the young maiden could be seen going up the steps to the shrine with the other assistants atop the hill from the festival grounds. That shrine maiden could be recognized by some of the group as Nozomu, from the schoolyard.

❝ Ahem! ❞ Nia would wave her hands wildly, pouting at how the group seemed to be spacing out. ❝ Don't leave me waiting for a response like that! Anyways, I know that ritual dance was super mesmerizing and stuff, but that isn't an excuse to space out. You could at least, I don't know, chill out in a different way while at a festival occasion. ❞

Cecilia would be seen shaking her head at the other's choice of words, and before she could give her two cents in on what they could do.

❝ Well, besides that, if you need me, I'm going to congratulate Nozomu-chan on her performance over at the shrine! She totes deserves it! ❞ Nia proudly declared before running off on her own, up the hilly staircase toward the village's shrine.

❝ I must have a talk with her after all this. How unprofessional. ❞ Cecilia groaned, turning her attention to the group now, ❝ I would go after her now, but I do have this festival to maintain and such. So I suppose this is the end of the tour, technically speaking. You're free to explore the rest of the festival grounds, rest up for the night at the inn, or if you really wish to, go and make sure Nia doesn't make any trouble for the shrine's occupants and attendants. That is all. ❞

With that, Cecilia left the tour group on their own, presumably attending to the numerous stalls at this festival.

~Guest List~
@Crimson Spartan as Akira Kijima (Spirit Hunter NG)
@Lucky as Allen Chambers (OC)
@mintyy as Ansel (Arknights)
@Jeremi as Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy 7 Remake)
@ShadowCoyote0 as Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd (Fire Emblem Three Houses)
@Yun Lee as Dorothea Arnault (Fire Emblem Three Houses)
@Capri as Kamal Bora (Smile For Me)
@Takumi as Saki Haijima (When a Magician's Pupil Smiles)
@Crow as Tachibana Arisu (The Idolmaster Cinderella Girls)
@York as Yulia (Everlasting Summer)
[S I G N A L L O S T]

Ugh whoa this was starting to get disorienting. Barret looked around confused after yet another scenery change he let out a groan. "Okay, okay, we gotta get control of this entire situation," He remarked to the rest of the group. Despite wanting to go back to the inn and sleep this mess away he had to try and figure this thing out. "I'm gonna go and check the festival area in case I could find somethin'. Y'all welcome to join me."

@Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

Allen Chambers

Allen had already that he was going to stick to Barret, despite how annoying the man might find him annoying or make him made. " I think that checking out the area might be our best course of action. Unless the inn keep is the w word we are looking for, I don't think we will get anything from going to bed," he replied, wondering what the best area of the festival to look was. " Do you think we should look for the girl from the store>"

@Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Everyone

The amount of time that passed while they were mentally in the other world with Miu was a bit concerning, but not much could be done about it, it seemed. With the group left to their own devices in the meantime, Saki crossed his arms in thought.

"If anyone needs me, I'm going to go after Nia and keep her from being too troublesome. If any of us find anything useful, it'd likely be best to share what we find once we're all together again. I'll extend the offer to join me too, since it might benefit having at least pairs of two together while out and about during the festival if we can manage it." Saki commented, and if that was all that needed to be said, went to find Nia and make sure she didn't get into any trouble like he told Mei he would.

If anything happened to Nia, like she slipped and her hurt herself heading up the staircase, he wouldn't of been surprised if Mei grew upset by it since she seemed so worried.

'What a drag. She can't be too bad, right?' he thought to himself, slouching a bit as he sighed and scratched the back of his head as he walked. Well, Mei had seemed to think he wouldn't have agreed earlier, so maybe he should consider that a bit more.

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Crimson Spartan @ShadowCoyote0 @mintyy @Yun Lee @Capri @York @Everyone

Before Barrett and Allen could decide on their course of action for investigating the festival grounds, a particular shopkeeper could be heard calling out to them in a way to flag them down from the festival crowds. However, she appeared more frustrated than their first encounter with her.

❝ Oh, so now you two decide to show up! Do you have any idea how much work you've left me with? Huh?! I told you both to watch my store for a little bit of time, not have it get ransacked! ❞ Nui ranted angrily at the two, a stark contrast to her laidback nature before the sudden supernatural intervention.

@Jeremi @Lucky @FestivalGrounds

The staircase leading up to the Furude Shrine was eerily empty by the time that Saki settled on catching up to Nia. It could be assumed that Nia had already gotten into the shrine to mingle it up with the shrine's maiden Nozomu. Even then, there was an itching feeling that something was off, to which Saki's left wrist began to burn from the double crescent moon marking. The marking left by the Witch of Deception.

❝ S-Saki... funny seeing you here, I guess? ❞ Mei stammered in surprise at seeing him here, stepping into view from a bush as the searing sensation on Saki's wrist began to fade.

❝ Wait... I did tell you to keep an eye on Nia, of course you're here... Um, yeah... haha... ❞ She reminded herself about earlier, averting eye contact out of embarrassment. After a few inaudible words probably to herself, the girl stared up the stairs ahead of them.

❝ Anyways, there's no telling what our local prankster is up to, so... we should probably get a move on, okay? ❞

@Takumi @Shrine

@Crow @Crimson Spartan @ShadowCoyote0 @mintyy @Yun Lee @Capri @York @Undecided

Before Barrett and Allen could decide on their course of action for investigating the festival grounds, a particular shopkeeper could be heard calling out to them in a way to flag them down from the festival crowds. However, she appeared more frustrated than their first encounter with her.

❝ Oh, so now you two decide to show up! Do you have any idea how much work you've left me with? Huh?! I told you both to watch my store for a little bit of time, not have it get ransacked! ❞ Nui ranted angrily at the two, a stark contrast to her laidback nature before the sudden supernatural intervention.

The staircase leading up to the Furude Shrine was eerily empty by the time that Saki settled on catching up to Nia. It could be assumed that Nia had already gotten into the shrine to mingle it up with the shrine's maiden Nozomu. Even then, there was an itching feeling that something was off, to which Saki's left wrist began to burn from the double crescent moon marking. The marking left by the Witch of Deception.

❝ S-Saki... funny seeing you here, I guess? ❞ Mei stammered in surprise at seeing him here, stepping into view from a bush as the searing sensation on Saki's wrist began to fade.

❝ Wait... I did tell you to keep an eye on Nia, of course you're here... Um, yeah... haha... ❞ She reminded herself about earlier, averting eye contact out of embarrassment. After a few inaudible words probably to herself, the girl stared up the stairs ahead of them.

❝ Anyways, there's no telling what our local prankster is up to, so... we should probably get a move on, okay? ❞

@Takumi @Shrine

The moment he felt that something was off, Saki straightened, eyes scanning the foliage along the path up to the shrine before glancing down at the marking on his left wrist as it burned, frowning softly. He blinked as Mei made herself known, watching as she appeared from a bush.

As she mentioned her asking him to keep an eye on Nia, he placed his hands in his pockets and forced his shoulders to relax from how tense they had been a moment ago.

"Okay. Had you been following her to keep an eye on her yourself?" He asked, tone somewhat amused as he followed after her. Keeping his guard up as he walked, Saki still tried to appear relaxed despite the odd feeling throwing him off.

@Gummi Bunnies @Shrine

@Takumi @Shrine

The moment he felt that something was off, Saki straightened, eyes scanning the foliage along the path up to the shrine before glancing down at the marking on his left wrist as it burned, frowning softly. He blinked as Mei made herself known, watching as she appeared from a bush.

As she mentioned her asking him to keep an eye on Nia, he placed his hands in his pockets and forced his shoulders to relax from how tense they had been a moment ago.

"Okay. Had you been following her to keep an eye on her yourself?" He asked, tone somewhat amused as he followed after her. Keeping his guard up as he walked, Saki still tried to appear relaxed despite the odd feeling throwing him off.

@Gummi Bunnies @Shrine

'The first place that might get the information we need will likely be the shrine if this is a curse'

This line of thinking led Akira to head up the stairs of the shrine not entirely to keep an eye on Nia more to figure out more about the local beliefs... Soon enough he would see Saki and Mei up ahead though the thuggish youth just kept quiet as he walked up the stairs. He had a lot on his mind so he simply chose to stay at a distance behind them so he could think keeping his hands in his pockets.

@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @ShrinePeeps​

@Gummi Bunnies @Shrine

'The first place that might get the information we need will likely be the shrine if this is a curse'

This line of thinking led Akira to head up the stairs of the shrine not entirely to keep an eye on Nia more to figure out more about the local beliefs... Soon enough he would see Saki and Mei up ahead though the thuggish youth just kept quiet as he walked up the stairs. He had a lot on his mind so he simply chose to stay at a distance behind them so he could think keeping his hands in his pockets.

@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @ShrinePeeps​
❝ Following her? Of course I've been following her. The moment I saw her beeline up the stairs toward the shrine, I couldn't just leave her alone. I already heard of the mess that took place at the schoolyard earlier today, so I'm making sure she doesn't cause anything similar at the shrine. That's all... ❞ Mei answered Saki's amused question, sounding like she was a tad embarrassed about it. She kept a steady pace up the stone stairs, also making sure not to go too far ahead. It didn't take long for her to notice that someone else from the tour group was headed to the shrine as well.

❝ Huh? I don't think we've met yet... ❞ She says to Akira, making small conversation while ascending the stairs all the same. ❝ Is there a reason you're going up to the shrine too? Like... is it because of Nia or- ❞

Before Mei's inquiry was spoken completely, she was abruptly... gone. Or rather, an abnormal shift of time has passed or altered in some way, as the lanterns leading up to the shrine were all unlit. The entire shrine and it's surroundings were in complete darkness. Even the full moon was absent from the sky above them. If they were to look behind them, it appeared as if the festival grounds were never set up to begin with, empty and dark. No signs of other people, not even their fellow tourists could be seen. It was like they stepped into a completely different world in just a few footsteps.

Then, the markings on their wrists seared with a burning pain again, not as intense as the first time. If they took a step back down, the pain would worsen greatly, but if they took a step forward, the pain would begin to ease away slowly. It was safe to say that they didn't have much choice in the matter despite the sudden developments taking place.

b0d1acf0dfd6ed40ed28b9e0ff9d5e74.jpg

At the top of the stairs, a faint figure could be seen entering the shrine house, which looked like it's been abandoned and rundown. As the sliding door closed behind the figure, a single bell toll chimed in the air.

@Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Shrine

“Calm down little lady,” Barrett remarked though he realized they were probably not going to be able to explain the situation to her. “You had a burglar and we tried to chase her down and made a bit of a mess, but we figured you would’ve liked to get your hands on the thief…made she gave us the slip. Look we ain’t got time for this right now but once we’re done I’ll come and help with the store it’s the least I can do.”

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @FestivalGrounds

❝ Following her? Of course I've been following her. The moment I saw her beeline up the stairs toward the shrine, I couldn't just leave her alone. I already heard of the mess that took place at the schoolyard earlier today, so I'm making sure she doesn't cause anything similar at the shrine. That's all... ❞ Mei answered Saki's amused question, sounding like she was a tad embarrassed about it. She kept a steady pace up the stone stairs, also making sure not to go too far ahead. It didn't take long for her to notice that someone else from the tour group was headed to the shrine as well.

❝ Huh? I don't think we've met yet... ❞ She says to Akira, making small conversation while ascending the stairs all the same. ❝ Is there a reason you're going up to the shrine too? Like... is it because of Nia or- ❞

Before Mei's inquiry was spoken completely, she was abruptly... gone. Or rather, an abnormal shift of time has passed or altered in some way, as the lanterns leading up to the shrine were all unlit. The entire shrine and it's surroundings were in complete darkness. Even the full moon was absent from the sky above them. If they were to look behind them, it appeared as if the festival grounds were never set up to begin with, empty and dark. No signs of other people, not even their fellow tourists could be seen. It was like they stepped into a completely different world in just a few footsteps.

Then, the markings on their wrists seared with a burning pain again, not as intense as the first time. If they took a step back down, the pain would worsen greatly, but if they took a step forward, the pain would begin to ease away slowly. It was safe to say that they didn't have much choice in the matter despite the sudden developments taking place.

At the top of the stairs, a faint figure could be seen entering the shrine house, which looked like it's been abandoned and rundown. As the sliding door closed behind the figure, a single bell toll chimed in the air.

Kijima lost in thought almost didn't hear Mei initially address him looking up at her and Saki as she started to speak again. He decided that he would let her finish speaking before he answered already preparing a quick response.

However he would not get to use said response as the girl suddenly vanished. Not only this but it seemed the area around himself in Saki had completely changed. 'What the hell...?' Kijima thought to himself as he looked around slightly startled by the change though this did not show. Oh and the mark on his hand was burning again but even still he managed to keep his neutral look. Well he remained neutral until he reflexively took a step back wincing as he felt the searing pain get even worse forcing him to quickly step back forwards.

'No going back' he thought to himself as he turned to see a faint figure walk into the shrine house a familiar uneasiness began creeping up within Kijima. For now however he glances at Saki seeing how his fellow tour member is doing while slipping back into a more neutral look.

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @ShrinePeeps​

“Calm down little lady,” Barrett remarked though he realized they were probably not going to be able to explain the situation to her. “You had a burglar and we tried to chase her down and made a bit of a mess, but we figured you would’ve liked to get your hands on the thief…made she gave us the slip. Look we ain’t got time for this right now but once we’re done I’ll come and help with the store it’s the least I can do.”

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @FestivalGrounds
❝ Uh huh... That's not matching up with what I was told. ❞ Nui didn't sound convinced by Barrett's words, noting that she apparently got the news of the store's burglary from someone else already by the sounds of it. From behind the shopkeeper, another familiar face showed up.

De38YUx.png

❝ It's because they're guilty, miss shopkeeper. They probably trashed the store on purpose and fled the scene before you returned. I caught a glimpse of them leaving the area, and had a feeling they would be here at the festival to cause more trouble~ ❞ The girl told Nui with upmost confidence, pinning the blame onto Barrett and Allen for the mess that she caused. As Nui seemed to be falling for the girl's lies, the pinkette only smiled happily at the tourist pair, enjoying this confrontation unfolding.

"You!" Barrett pointed an accusing finger at the pink haired girl. "There's your goddamn thief! We tried to stop her but she didn't want to pay so instead she stole. Sounds like she's been feedin you a load of bullshit! Well think you're so smart girly." Barrett went up to try and grab her by the arm so that she wouldn't escape. "Time for you to start fessin' up on what you've been up to!"

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @FestivalGrounds

KAMAL BORA
@Gummi Bunnies

Kamal, who was caught up in the confusion of a bunch of things, kinda spaced out for some time, so he just went to the inn. He never really liked being around people so...​

Kijima lost in thought almost didn't hear Mei initially address him looking up at her and Saki as she started to speak again. He decided that he would let her finish speaking before he answered already preparing a quick response.

However he would not get to use said response as the girl suddenly vanished. Not only this but it seemed the area around himself in Saki had completely changed. 'What the hell...?' Kijima thought to himself as he looked around slightly startled by the change though this did not show. Oh and the mark on his hand was burning again but even still he managed to keep his neutral look. Well he remained neutral until he reflexively took a step back wincing as he felt the searing pain get even worse forcing him to quickly step back forwards.

'No going back' he thought to himself as he turned to see a faint figure walk into the shrine house a familiar uneasiness began creeping up within Kijima. For now however he glances at Saki seeing how his fellow tour member is doing while slipping back into a more neutral look.

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @ShrinePeeps​

Well, going back wasn't an option if the pain in his wrist was anything to go by. As disorienting as the shift in time could be, he remained as calm as one could be in such a situation. Given that the world of Magicians was far from what could be considered normal to those not involved in it or aware of it, it wasn't too hard not to let this setback effect him too much.

Continuing forward until they reached the shrine grounds, Saki watched as someone entered the rather rundown looking place, followed by a familiar chiming bell. Feeling Kijima's eyes on him, the white haired Magician glanced back to his fellow tourist.

a497c5891ec427aeca6d0737cce370923ee9e914.jpg

"I guess we can head inside, unless you want to take a look around outside first?" He suggested. He doubted there'd be much off about the outside of the place, but it may not hurt to look.

@Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @Shrine

The girl only giggled in response, not seeming to mind that Barrett was keeping her from escaping. She leaned forward to keep eye contact with him, smiling.

gHcWilQ.png

❝ Oh? It's already too late to backtrack like this now. I wouldn't do that if I were you, you know~? ❞ The girl taunted the both of them, prompting Nui's suspicions over the burglary.

❝ ... Eien, are you telling the truth about this? ❞

❝ Of course, ma'am. I never tell lies, and it's clear that they're in denial. I have nothing to hide even if they insist that I'm the culprit responsible. ❞ The girl, Eien, spoke confidently, only making this whole confrontation more difficult than it has to be. As she says this, the festival lanterns and lights flickered in an abrupt fashion before returning to normal. Nui and Eien didn't seem to notice that the lights acted like that at all.

your-typical-two-story.jpg

The Inn was quiet and free of the crowds of people that were busy with the festival near the shrine, perfect for Kamal's intent to avoid people in the first place. The lobby on the inn's first floor was locked and it's lights were out, much like the innkeeper that would give him his room key for the night was not present right this moment.

However, an annoyed sigh could be heard to Kamal's side, bringing his attention to a red-haired woman who made herself comfortable with an expensive-looking wine bottle and an already filled wine glass.

Rouge1.png

❝ You've got to be kidding me... I thought that everyone would be busy with the damn festival tonight. There goes my peace and quiet, ugh... ❞ The woman groaned with frustration clear in her voice, taking a sip out of her wine glass as she took a good look at Kamal. Something seemed to click in her head, and it was like his presence here only pissed her off more. ❝ Why are you even here in the first place? Don't you have something more important to do right now? Don't you dare tell me you're sitting this one out. ❞

@Capri @Inn

KAMAL BORA
@Gummi Bunnies

View attachment 9674

“U-uh... so-sorry...” Kamal said, “I-I just wanna sl-sl-sleep... o-okay? A-and yeah, I’m n-not part-taking in this f-festival... I-I was dragged along by s-some people and... u-uh it’s a long story,”

Kamal turned around, but a part of him had this gut feeling that this redhead won’t just let him off the hook that easily...​

Rouge%283%29.png

❝ Sure sure... because this is a wonderfully perfect time to be sleeping while we're being kept here against our will. ❞ The woman scoffed at his answer. She placed her wine glass on the outdoor picnic table, letting out a breath as if she was getting tired of this.

❝ I'd thought there would be some attempt to... I don't know, TRY something before calling it a day instead of being so useless. ❞ She expressed her disappointment, looking over to see the festival and the shrine from afar. ❝ Then again, it looks like there's no way to avoid this world's end at this point. At least show some goddamn effort before then... ❞

@Capri @Inn

"Is that right little lady?" Barrett asked the girl. "Then howsabout you empty any pockets you got if you ain't got nothin' to hide?" He didn't even bother commenting on the lights it was obvious these people didn't see any of the weird crap going on around them. He felt more inclined to bring this girl in for theft.

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @FestivalGrounds

KAMAL BORA
@Gummi Bunnies

“A-and you can’t just a-assume things like that, miss!” Kamal said, “I don’t know anything about the world ending!”

Kamal was... well... lying. He doesn’t remember her from the bus stop so most likely she’s some enemy.

He’s not gonna reveal himself, in case she doesn’t know and is just assuming any non-Japanese person is from another world.​

Well, going back wasn't an option if the pain in his wrist was anything to go by. As disorienting as the shift in time could be, he remained as calm as one could be in such a situation. Given that the world of Magicians was far from what could be considered normal to those not involved in it or aware of it, it wasn't too hard not to let this setback effect him too much.

Continuing forward until they reached the shrine grounds, Saki watched as someone entered the rather rundown looking place, followed by a familiar chiming bell. Feeling Kijima's eyes on him, the white haired Magician glanced back to his fellow tourist.

a497c5891ec427aeca6d0737cce370923ee9e914.jpg

"I guess we can head inside, unless you want to take a look around outside first?" He suggested. He doubted there'd be much off about the outside of the place, but it may not hurt to look.

@Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @Shrine

Kijima quietly considered the options for just a moment. While yes the outside might not reveal much thinking back to the last time he was dealing with a shrine he and Hazuki did find at least something of use in......along with turtles that cried like human babies with faces on their shell's. That brief thought reminding him of how much hell these past few weeks have been before even coming here.

Still he supposed approaching the shrine itself wouldn't hurt especially if they are dealing with a spirit in this case.

".....Guess we should just head inside.... Maybe see if we can listen in through the door before going in though since we don't exactly know what we're dealing with" Kijima decides to suggest while beginning to slowly step forward towards the door. His eyes scanning all around to see if he could spot anything particularly possible dangers to him or Saki. While he held his own suspicions on what they were dealing with he decided to keep that to himself for now.

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @ShrinePeeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back