ChojiYume

16atv1e.png

Miandra Lucosia was a normal teen, well, except for the fact that she was a geeky nerd that loved games, anime and the like. She had very plain looks, brown hair, and brown eyes, with square rimmed glasses and a small frame, with super pale skin.

Like any other teen, Miandra was bored with life as it was, always trying to find something to fill the void of boredom. Summer just made that worse because school was out, though it did mean that she was able to pick up extra hours at work. Which is what Miandra did, because she wanted a set of VR goggles. There was a game coming out that she really wanted to try, boasting to be one of the best immersion games of the century.

Today was finally going to be the day that she got the goggles, because she had just got her most recent check deposited the day before. Excitedly, she headed to the game store that she always visited. Skipping happily, purse in hand as she went down the street. It was evening, and she was alone like always. Things seemed normal to her, though maybe a bit chilly for summer.

Miandra took her time, she knew that the store was going to be open for a few more hours and she was sure the had some goggles in stock, she had checked just the day before, seeing as she didn't really have much else to do.

When she finally made it to the game store she was surprised to see a new face behind the counter. The thing that threw her off was the erie vibe they gave off. Like if she tried to turn back now, she was going to be shot in the back. She gave a nervous laugh and waved at the man before moving to find the goggles.

"Ma'am"

The voice was deep, and was that an echo? No she must have been imagining things.

"I don't need help thank you." She tried to say in a cheery voice. Though it was shaking. Man did this guy make her feel nervous. And not in the light and fun way.

"I didn't think you did. I was told to look for you if you came in today. They gave me a pretty good description, and I'm sure it was you they were talking about."

She frowned and looked to the man. His voice still gave her this chills. "Look for me? Why?"

"Because they said a special product came in and that you'd want it with your purchase." He holds up what looks like a box set with a full VR set with gloves, suit and even the game that she'd wanted.

She looked at him confused. "But I thought that game didn't come out til..."

"Next month? That was a miss print in our ledger apparently. We got some in today." He smirked.

She could feel sweat rolling down her neck. Something about this felt all wrong, but her want for the game eventually overran the need for safety. She hurried over to the counter and looked at the box, looking at the price and gulping. It was much more than she was planning on spending this day. But it was everything that she needed.

"Go on, you can touch the box." He smiled at her. "It's very... real." There was a weird emphasis on the word real.

But at this point, Miandra didn't pay any mind to it. She was enthralled, and her hand reached out to the box. That was when she knew it was too late, the man was cackling. "Fulfill your prophecy... Child of Water.. if you can."

Her vision blurred and she watched as her body got sucked into the box, she tried to scream but nothing came out as she seemed to fall through darkness. Hitting water and she kept falling, or at least she thought she did. Until she realized that now she was floating, her world flipping around her. She'd just... entered a world from the bottom of a lake? She started swimming up, so that she could breath.

Breaking the surface, she gasped for air, only to yelp when she heard a surprised scream in a foreign language? Elvish? She blinked and looked around. Seeing a woman blathering and pointing at her, cloaked in white and a confused look on her face.

enchanted_lake_by_blinck-d4ofok3.jpg

The lake was at the bottom of a lush green valley. The stony banks of the lake were hidden by the strange, yet familiar moss. The high sun shone down on the lake, warming it in stray streaks that the lush trees failed to capture. The graceful elf's face was barely visible through the refracting waters of the lake. Once she surfaced, she got a clearer look at the beautiful priestess' face. She was very humanoid, her basic structure that of a thin middle aged woman... Her face was a bit different. Her face was as pale as a ghost, more angular than your average person. She had elongated ears with pointed tips peaking out of her luscious platinum hair. She had cherry red lips, which moved quickly as she spoke quick foreign words. There was worry all over her face, spelled out in her creamy jade eyes.

She knelt by the edge of the water, holding a small hand out, draped with silver and pearly jewelry. She kept muttering rushed words, her eyes darted around, through the trees.She looked worried, and she had reason to be, for the water was freezing.

Miandra wasn't really sure what was going on. One second the woman was freaking out, the next she looked worried? Legs getting tired and shivering from the wind against her now cold skin, she started swimming to the edge. Quickling finding purchase for her feet to walk on. Stumbling on her way out of the water, dripping all over the place and being icey cold, she couldn't seem to take her eyes off of the elf woman in front of her. She blushed at her beauty. Though her thoughts quickly turned her away from the present. Who was that man? Child of Water? What did they want, where was she? Had she been drugged? Is that what was happening?

It all felt so real though, she even gave herself a little pinch to triple check. Yeah, this was real. So what was really going on? She frowned and looked at the woman who'd knelt to try and help her out. She smiled meekly. "Looks like I didn't need help out... though.. It is kind of chilly.. and I wonder if you can understand me." She frowned in that realization. Standing there hugging herself, shivering with cold that seeped into her bones.

The elf woman, had looks of concern on her face, muttering calming words in elvish to the girl. She slipped her hand into the girl's, wrapping an arm around the sopping wet girl, and leading her up a hill past a line of trees. The stone gradually became replaced by soft soil, with grass and weeds scattered all over the ground. The elf woman quickly lead her to a small white house. It was small and dome shaped, curving in at the top. There were golden curves engraved into the walls, depicting the phoenix. There was an entrance shrouded by midnight blue curtains, a yellow light shining through the gap in the curtains.

The woods seemed to diverge at this point, cut in half by a cobbled trail, leading back into the forest. The women kept muttering calming words to the shivering girl, leading her to the house.

Miandra was hesitant to allow herself to be lead off by the lady. Pretty didn't always mean good guy.. or girl in this case. But since she couldn't understand her, and clearly they wouldn't understand Miandra, Miandra didn't have a lot of options. She was a little too cold to want to do much more than curl up by a fire, and maybe find a change of clothing. She wondered if this lady had something that could help them communicate at the intricate building she was being brought to.

Her heart raced, what if she was being brought to an evil lord? Or into a trap of some sort. Worry crossed her face for a moment, but she looked at the woman who was well taller than her, she seemed worried over her, so maybe Miandra was just overthinking things. She looked around as she was lead to and in the building, staring in awe.

The priestess smiled with charisma, and pushed the dark curtains aside, revealing a majestic interior. The walls were decorated with gold and jewels, and the furniture was stark white, almost strangely so. There was a desk, next to a dresser, across from a bed, with blood red curtains covering the bed. There were spiraling stairs lining the wall which connected to a terrace up above, which a man was looking down at the two from. He had blonde hair and pale skin like the other elf. He was wearing a green tunic, and cotton pants, and walked down the stairs to greet the female.

Upon closer inspection, she could see he was quite a tall boy, who had dirty blonde hair and crisp, green eyes, like emeralds gazing at Miandra. The boy and the priestess exchanged a few elvish words, and the woman bowed and left, leaving Miandra alone with the elf.

Dazzled, that was the only word to describe Miandra right now. She opened her mouth to speak and then remembered that they couldn't understand her so she closed her mouth and stayed quiet. Her eyes moving so fast, trying to take everything in. When the woman started to leave she wanted to try and stop her, but she couldn't say anything. Her heart was frozen for a moment, though it could have been that she was just that cold.

Taking a deep breath she looked over the man, uncomfortable being unable to understand what's being said. She started shivering and hugging herself again. "U.. Uhm... I'm sorry... I know you don't understand but... I really need to get warm." She rubbed her arms. "Warm... you know.. Heat? Maybe a fire?"

The boy stepped forward, standing in front of her. He said a few soft elvish words to her, then waited for a response as he gazed at her, standing there silently...

Nervous around this man she didn't know, she stepped back when he stepped forward. "I.. I don't know what you're saying.. Y.. You don't have to.. stand that c-close.." She looked at him, a little bit of fear in her eyes. What were these people planning. Was this real, a dream? But she'd already tested that it wasn't a dream right? So it couldn't be anything other than real right? She shivered more, water still dripping from her hair onto the floor. She couldn't meet his gaze. She was just too afraid now. Not sure what was going on, or what to do.

The elf smiled at the meek girl, propping her chin up with her finger so she could face the girl. He smiled down at her to put her at ease, before he knelt down and kissed Miandra on the lips, planting it firmly and warmly on Miandra's lips... A second after they met...

She blushed a bit, unsure what he was doing until it was too late. She squeaked into the kiss. For a moment she kind of just froze, trying to process what was happening in her mind. She pushed him away and started to talk. "Why you!" She gasped. That wasn't english that had just come out of her mouth, she blushed more and covered her lips. "H.. How dare you!" She spoke again, again.. elvish slipping from her lips..

The kiss was cold and wet, but was pleasant in spite of that. He smiled at her cute reaction, until she pushed him away, making him stumble to the ground. His jaw dropped as she did, his eyes wide.

"N-no! It was nothing like that!" He exclaimed, now blushing almost as badly as she was, backing away in fear that she would hit him again. The interesting part was, he was still speaking elvish, but she could now understand him.

"I was just teaching you our language! It wasn't sexual or anything, I promise! I warned you, you just couldn't understand me!" He explained hastily, his eyes barely meeting her gaze.

Tears welled up in her eyes and she looked away from him. "There could have been other ways to do it I'm... I'm sure.. I.." She hugged herself and stepped back shivering. The elvish feeling weird to her lips, but natural at the same time. "I... don't care what it was for.. Y.. you can't just.. suddenly take a girls lips.." She was stuttering more and more now, the cold seeping further into her bones. "... Is there.. Some way to warm myself? Or at least somewhere I can get a change of clothing?... Lip stealer?"

"How was I supposed to-" He began, before biting his lip and cutting himself off... "Nevermind... I have a robe for you on the shelf... Most people don't wear such lavish clothing, but you're different..." He said, standing up, and walking over to his desk, which had a shelf above it. He grabbed the bundle of cloth, and quickly brought it back to the human, who had tears in her eyes. He sighed, his voice becoming softer with empathy.

"Look, I'm sorry for taking your first kiss... Do you need help?" He asked, grabbing a towel from the bundle, and wrapping it around her shoulders. He smiled encouragingly, offering her the bundle, which had a lavish white robe wrapped around a shirt and leggings.

Her face reddened, and she shook her head no vigorously. "I.. I didn't say...it was my first.. g.. g..good guess though.." She cleared her throat after mumbling that. She turned away from him and started drying her hair. "Where.... am I?" She didn't look at him. She couldn't get herself to look at him right now. Just trying to focus on drying herself. She was shivering just standing there. "I.. I don't need help, j.. just a private place to change.." She cleared her throat again. Saying it like an afterthought.

"Private... place?" He asked, looking around... The whole house was just one room, and he hadn't planned on her asking for a private place to change...

"I suppose you could get changed on your bed." He said, gesturing to the red bed in the corner of the room, veiled by a thin red curtain. He sighed softly, gazing at the footprints on the stone floor, for her wet feet had picked up dirt on the way there, and tracked dirt inside the house. He began liking the Chosen One less and less...

"Or I could step out for a moment." He offered, stepping closer to the door.

Starting to use the towel to dry off other places, including her feet she sighed as she saw her footprints on the floor. "I'm sorry for the mess... I'll help clean it up once I've changed... But... " She looked at him. "I'm a woman, and you're a man, so yes, I'd prefer you to not see my body as it is not something to gawk at." She frowned at him. "I have more respect for my body than... never mind. There isn't really a word for it in elvish, you wouldn't understand anyways." She sighed and took the clothing, "Just look away from the bed please, I'll try not to dirty is as best as possible." She took a few steps, looking at where she placed her foot. No further foot prints, though she was still dripping wet in some places, mostly because her clothing had soaked in so much water.

Nodding at that she took another breath and walked to the bed. Wait.. He'd said it was her bed. She frowned at that but walked to it anyways. Her bed? She was going to stay here? Somewhere so grand? That didn't make sense. She was just some girl off the street that got.. well.. yeah.. maybe she was special.. Getting teleported to another world and all. But, why her? Why not someone more beautiful, or with better brains? She looked behind her to make sure that the man was looking away before putting the clean clothing on the bed, slipping her wet things off quickly and then slipping behind the curtains. Hoping that he hadn't turned around during her quick strip, she'd put the wet clothing on the ground in the hopes that it would be easier to clean up. She found the underthings thankfully folded into the shirt. She slipped into them, then the shirt and the leggings. The leggings a perfect fit, but the shirt a bit big on her.

She smiled a bit, at least she was warm now. She slipped out of the curtains and grabbed the robes, wrapping it around herself and then running her hands through her hair a few times. She looked a lot better now and even seemed almost relaxed. She hummed a bit and picked up her wet and dirty clothing. Holding it away from her body so she didn't ruin the nice clothing. "Where should I put my old things? Uhm... I'm sorry.. I didn't hear you tell me your name.. I... am sorry for the bad start." she walked up to him, "I'd like to restart." She breathed deep. "I'm, Miandra. Here from another world, and not sure how I got here. Thank you for the fresh change of clothing."

He'd turned around, sighing softly. She was just dropped into a strange lake, in a strange place, speaking a strange language. Once he heard the curtains move, he took a quick glance, and found her behind the curtains. Perhaps she had something to hide, or an embarrassing pimple? It only made him more curious, but he shook any other thoughts off. He left quickly, and returned with a scrub brush, and a wooden bucket, and began cleaning the muddy floor until he could see his face in the shining marble floor.

He set the cleaning things aside, waiting for Miandra to emerge. He saw Miandra emerge, in the robes, and grabbed the sopping clothes. He stared, maybe a moment too long, until she spoke, shaking him from his trance.

"Oh, just leave your things to me. I am Moloch, the servant of the Prophesied One." He said, taking her sopping clothes, and placing them in a large wicker basket, looking at Miandra.

"You emerged from the lake, yes?" He asked...

Moloch, and interesting name. Didn't that mean friend in Lord of the Rings. No, No Miandra, don't ask that out loud. She looked at him confused though at his words. "The Prophesied One? The Water Child? Yes I emerged from... well.. I fell into the bottom of a lake.. You know what.. Never mind. Yes, that's why I was sopping wet." she took a deep breath and shivered a bit.

"But... If I am... who you think I am, why me?" She looked at him. "I'm just, human, from a world that isn't even yours. And I have no know how when it comes to surviving in any other, well, world. I don't have magic, or at least there wasn't any where I came from and..." She stopped herself and sighed, looking around and just moving to the stairs up to the little balcony and sitting on them, elbows on her knees, chin in her hand. "I could have cleaned up, or at least helped you clean you know. It's not like I'm a queen and you're my slave." she looks at him. "Besides, I'm sure you don't really want to be my babysitter, so why stay? Why wait for me for however long you have?"

Moloch stared at her strangely for a moment... That's exactly how it should've been. Him being her slave and her being the queen...

"Wait... So you're telling me you... aren't any kind of royalty... whatsoever...?" He asked slowly, his voice a bit panicked... What would happen if he brought less than perfection to the elders...?

"So... you're not any sort of princess or vassal...? Do you own any land...?" He asked, putting his cleaning supplies in the corner, looking back to Miandra...

Back