Worlds Collide: Fire Emblem Awakening x Elder Scrolls Skyrim: V

Kansas

State of Kansas
For the past few weeks, I have been working procrastinating on a crossover fanfiction between two of my favorite video games. Yes, I know crossovers are lorebreaking for the Elder Scrolls universe, but clearly, that's not my biggest concern. Enough of my rambling, here's the first couple of chapters. I'll probably end up posting a few other chapters later. Regardless, I hope you all enjoy this :)

Chapter 1 - A Daedric Lord's Request
Like it would most any other morning, the sun had slowly risen over the ashen streets of Raven Rock. For the most part, the settlement was fairly quiet; with the exception of the Redoran Guard wandering the streets, it was silent. No one had yet left their homes or their beds in the Retching Netch Cornerclub, though in the Severin Manor not far from the center of town, the owner had been wide awake doing his usual studies. Ja'vassa, the Khajiiti Dragonborn famed for his skills as a mage and mercenary was preparing to do some field research on the island. His aim was to learn more about Miraak, his uprising, and to see if his uprising had anything to do with the way the other Dragon Priests treated their subjects. After gathering a few journals, along with stocking up his satchel with a number of potions, poisons, food, emergency clothes, soul gems, and a few coin purses; once everything was together, he would focus on getting dressed; throwing off his old robes and throwing his travel robes on along with his ebony gauntlets, boots, and of course, the mask of Nahkriin. Throwing the mask on along with his dual ebony war axes, he was about to head outside, though was interrupted by an unexpected force.

Out of nowhere, slimy tentacles and disembodied eyes began to materialize around the Khajiit, though it was unexpected, Ja'vassa kept his composure as he realized it was the Daedric Lord he called master; Hermaeus Mora himself. It was a bit surprising that Ja'vassa would be contacted before he even left town, though he figured it had to be important. After several moments of the disturbing materialization, the Daedra had spoken. "Come closer, my Champion... bask in my presence." He spoke in a disembodied, metallic sounding voice. "I've got a new task for you, one I believe you'll find comparable to your skills. Return to the Summit of Apocrypha where you defeated Miraak and the path shall be revealed. Complete this task for me and you will be richly rewarded, Dragonborn..." As quickly as the Prince appeared, it had disappeared, leaving Ja'vassa confused, but curious at what his new task would be.

Fortunately for him, he already had his things ready and all that was left was reading the Black Book he kept hidden in the Manor. After reading the book, he had been transported to the tower where that fateful battle with the First Dragonborn occured, though that ordeal was long behind him and now it was time to focus on the new task. Moments after dropping into Apocrypha, his Master had shown up. "What is it that you need me to do, my Lord?" Ja'vassa asked, keeping his usual monotonous, serious tone. Usually, Hermaeus Mora's work often led the Khajiit into exciting, but dangerous adventures; the life risking ventures with amazing rewards... the first encounter led him to visiting his first Dwemer ruin in the pursuit of the Falmer Blood and more importantly, the Elder Scroll. Eventually, that expedition in Blackreach not only rewarded him with an Elder Scroll, but with the Oghma Infinium as well. Months later, Ja'vassa found himself on Solstheim, again in the presence of the Daedric Prince of Fate and Knowledge, that time in pursuit of the First Dragonborn.

"As you are no doubt aware, the planes of Oblivion are infinite.. Mundus is infinite.. Aetherius is infinite. Not many are aware that more hide beyond these realms, though difficult to access, it is not completely impossible. Being an immortal Prince has its perks and I've had plenty of time to figure out how to access it." Hermaeus Mora started; while the Dragonborn was an incredibly intelligent Khajiit, the stuff being explained to him was effectively flying over his head. He mostly, or at least he assumes he understands the realms of Mundus, Oblivion, and Aetherius, but this was new. Despite his lack of understanding as to what was being said, he nodded anyways, interested in this realm beyond Aetherius. "I will be sending you to this realm, I cannot tell you what you'll find, but I can assure you that you'll arrive there alive. You are to go and collect any form of knowledge you can find... books, scrolls, journals, anything you can find. Study it and return it to Apocrypha through the Daedric servant you obtain prior to Miraak's defeat. Do this for me and I shall see to it that you're richly rewarded."

Thinking about it for a moment, Ja'vassa weighed his potential options. It usually isn't a good idea to argue with a Daedric Prince, especially in their own realm. If Miraak was to be an example, arguments or rebellions would likely end in a painful death. There was also the idea of him leaving behind every single person he's ever known; his fellow mages in the College of Winterhold, his Family in the Dark Brotherhood, his Volkihar Vampires, and the many others he's formed bonds with. The fact that his Lord hadn't a clue about what waited for him was a bit alarming, but that was likely the least of his concerns. On the upside, this new world would likely be more accepting of his kind, and maybe he'd be able to start over. Since losing his little sister all those years ago, Ja'vassa has gone down a less than favorable path, with his connections to the Dark Brotherhood, Clan Volkihar, and the Thieves Guild putting a huge stain on his reputation. This new world might give him what he needs to start fresh, to be the hero his sister would want him to be. Not to mention, his curiosity was getting the better of him; it wasn't everyday someone got to explore beyond Oblivion and he wasn't about to let this opportunity slide away. Weighing his options, thinking of the risks involved and the potential rewards that come with it, Ja'vassa nodded in confirmation. "I'll.. I'll do it." He said, wondering if he made a mistake with that. His response seemed to have been favorable with his Master as a strange, violet portal had slowly opened up.

"Prepare yourself for whatever awaits on the other side. When I deem your progress satisfactory, I will bring you back to Apocrypha." And with that, the Khajiit had cautiously entered the portal, his left hand resting on the handle of one of his axes. As he entered the portal, a brilliant flash of light enveloped him and rather than dropping him in some terrifying realm like he had expected, rather he landed in what appeared to be an expansive desert. Once the light disappeared, he looked around curiously; "It's almost like I landed in Hammerfell, but.." He muttered, though his attention was stolen by what appeared to be an army approaching from the north; all clad in blue and to the south, a number of what he could only assume to be mages dressed in red. "Stormcloaks? Imperials...? Is this just an alternative Tamriel?" He asked himself, deciding to hang back to see just what would happen.

Chapter 2 - The Shepherds
Just a couple hundred feet from where the Khajiit landed, he had watched as the two sides approached. Unable to hear from afar, it appeared to him they were discussing a bit of strategy, or at least that was what it seemed before the red clad army had attacked. Normally, Ja'vassa would jump in without thinking; he was never officially a part of the Stormcloaks, though since his sister passed, he always seemed to align himself with them whenever he encountered their skirmishes with the Imperial Soldiers. Since he didn't know which side was the 'right' side and which one wasn't, he pressed himself against a small, broken down structure; his outfit providing for perfect camouflage. He was perfectly content with watching the skirmish, but that was until he noticed a strange pair running into the scene. A young girl and elderly man; from what he could see, the girl seemed absolutely terrified of everyone around her.

"Just... just leave me alone!" The girl shouted, cowering from the man chasing her. Their sudden appearance seemed to have disrupted the skirmish between the red and blue armies. The elderly man's eyes widened after she yelled, "Oy! Quit with the yelling! Giving away our position would be bad, no?" He said, seemingly concerned with both armies at this point.

"Hey! Leave her be!" The leader of the northern army shouted, aiming a strange looking sword his way. "Ah, there she is.. consider this punishment for fleeing!" The red leader shouted in return. It seemed this was enough to convince which army the Khajiit should support, though he would remain behind just to see what would happen. After their sudden appearance and the brief timeout, the battle would resume; sword and spell clashed with much ferocity from both sides, it seemed the girl was slowly growing used to the man as he was genuinely trying to protect her. What was more surprising was the fact that the girl was able to transform into a dragon; it didn't seem that she really needed any help, but even with all that power, they were doomed to fall back. Without help from the other army, they were slowly being overwhelmed. The mercenary's sword had been knocked away while the girl had been separated from him, growing exhausted from the seemingly endless battle. She had been cornered by a pair of mages, both preparing lightning spells in the hopes of incapacitating her.

Before they could fire off the magic, Ja'vassa had made himself known to both sides. "Wuld... Nah Kest!" He shouted, using the Whirlwind Sprint to grab and move the dragon to safety, staring at the would-be attackers from behind his mask. The girl in his arms looked more surprised than afraid, as did the warriors watching the spectacle. "Who in the blazes are you?" The blue haired prince asked, staring in confusion. "I'll explain later, just worry about getting rid of the red guys!" Ja'vassa shouted in return, setting the girl back down. "You stay close to me... you should do the same." He said to the mercenary. In one hand, he wielded his signature war axe and in the other, had an Icy Spear spell at the ready. Once the confusion and surprise of yet another newcomer had died down, the battle resumed, but this time it was going in the favor of the prince's army. Ja'vassa's combination of speed, magic, and his shouts proved to be too much for the opposing army.

Trading magical attack for magical attack, and physical blow for physical blow, the opposing army would slowly be whittled down to just the leader and a few grunts. "Damn you.. this.. this wasn't supposed to turn out like this." Chalard growled, glaring at the Khajiit and the Prince. "Prince Chrom and this... stranger. My army may fall here, but soon you will suffer at the hands of Grima." He added, making a fruitless attempt to fight Ja'vassa's unplanned allies; this as one would expect turned out poorly for him. Being outnumbered nearly three to one, him and the remaining were quickly cut down, and those who chose not to fight have since fled from the battlefield. After what seemed to be an eternity, the battle between the two armies had finally come to an end, much to the relief of many of the combatants.

As one would expect, some introductions were needed. The girl had approached Ja'vassa smiling slightly. "Thank you for saving me.." She said to him before turning to the mercenary. "And.. thanks for helping me back there, I'm sorry for being so rude to you."

Ja'vassa shrugged, "Don't mention, I wasn't about to sit back and watch a child get hurt like that." He responded, soon being cut off by the girl. "I'm not as young as you might think.." She said, a slight giggle escaping her lips; though her statement was met with a confused look. "My people age pretty well, I'm probably around a thousand years old, but look! No wrinkles."

"I.. see. It seems I'll have plenty to learn here." Once again, Ja'vassa had been cut off again, this time by the leader of his unplanned allies. "You're quite the warrior, friend. I'm not sure where you came from, but.. I've never seen anyone with skills like yours. If you hadn't shown up, we might've lost this battle. Thank you." He said, extending his hand out to him. "My name is Chrom, leader of the Shepherds. Mind if we get yours?"

The Khajiit nodded, shaking his hand before he'd remove the mask to reveal his feline-features to a surprised Prince. "I am Ja'vassa, a wanderer from Tamriel." His own introduction only led to more confusion. Before he'd respond to the Khajiit, Chrom had turned to one of his allies. "Robin.. have you ever heard of that place?" He asked, whispering slightly. This question was met by a shake of the head, "No.. I haven't. Judging by his appearance, I'd assume maybe he's a Taguel like Panne?" Robin suggested, though it was clear he was rather confused. "I don't intend to offend you, but we've never heard of Tamriel before." He said to Ja'vassa, rubbing the back of his head in an awkward manner.

A soft laugh escaped the Dragonborn's lips as he listened to the pair, "I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it, Tamriel is beyond this realm. It's the land of my birth and depending on how my task here goes, it'll likely be the land of my death too." He explained, though before either the prince or tactician could respond, he had been met with an all too suspicious gaze. "Are you here to bring home to Ylisse or her people?" A tall, blue armored fellow asked, keeping a lance in hand. "What exactly is this task of yours?" Depending on Ja'vassa's answer, it seemed the knight was ready to strike.

This suspicion from the knight received a glare from the Dragonborn. "I assure you, I have no interest in harming anyone. I've been sent to do some studies of this world for my Lord. I cannot say for sure what his intentions are, but I simply intend to do as I was tasked. I do not know if he'll bring me back tomorrow or in a thousand years." This explanation seemed to be sufficient for the knight as he lowered his lance and stepped back. Chrom would be the next to speak up. "I apologize for Frederick.. he's a bit protective of the group, he means well, but he take some getting used to." He said, grinning as Frederick rolled his eyes, though the knight did nothing to argue that.

Now that the lovely conversation was over, Chrom had changed the subject. "Alright, while my tactician and I begin planning our next move, why don't you three join my sister for dinner at our camp?" He suggested, "After we're done, I'd like to extend an invitation to the three of you to officially join the Shepherds." He added, giving them a slight bow before heading off with Robin and Frederick. Nodding in response, Ja'vassa would join Lissa and the others, hoping to see what the rest of the group was like before he'd made his decision. In his mind, there were plenty of positives and negatives to joining them. On one hand, perhaps joining a militia would make it easier for him to do the research of his Lord, not to mention it might be useful to make some allies for as long as he's there. On the other hand, he's never been one to take orders from anyone beyond the Daedric Princes he worships; this being the reason he's not yet joined the Stormcloaks or Imperials. There's also the case of his less than savory past; if that came to light, there's no telling what might happen to him. The Khajiit wasn't worried about them killing him or arresting him, he was more than positive he could take on the entire army without a problem, but, he was hoping to start over and turn over a new leaf. Decisions, decisions... he wasn't sure what to do. For now, he'd focus on trying to get to know the others of the militia.

Chapter 3 - Forging New Bonds
Later that evening, Ja'vassa was still pondering the decision, though realizing that just sulking and hiding wouldn't make a decision any easier for him, so he decided to join a few others at the campfire to try and get to know his potential allies. Finding an empty spot, he was quick to settle into his seat with Nowi and Stahl joining him soon after. "Hey! I heard you were the one who saved Nowi and helped stop the Plegians." Stahl said, pausing to take a bite of his bread. "Since the battle, I've heard nothing but good things about you... I'm Stahl, by the way." He added, reaching a hand out to shake. Returning the handshake, Ja'vassa shrugged slightly. "Strange, your allies barely know me and I'm already being treated like a hero.. I didn't do much beyond saving a little girl." He sighed, though before he could say much more, the group had been interrupted by the arrival of Chrom and Robin.

"Have you three come to a decision yet?" The tactician asked, receiving confirmations from Nowi and Gregor, though Ja'vassa was a bit slower to respond. The options still flew through his head, before he could come to his decision, he had discovered the manakete leaning on him ever so slightly. He didn't know if she was just tired or if she was wanting him to stay, but it seemed to be enough to convince him. "I'll.. I'll stay, though just keep in mind that my services aren't cheap. You'll get great results, of course." The Khajiit nodded, receiving a satisfied grin from the prince and tactician. "I wasn't expecting it to be cheap, though I can assure you that your price will be matched." Chrom confirmed, taking a seat across from Stahl, Nowi, and Ja'vassa. "Tomorrow... tomorrow will be an important day for the war effort. As most of you are aware, Lady Emmeryn has been taken as Plegia's prisoner. I'm almost certain they're planning to execute her. With help from the Feroxis, we'll be able to march in and rescue her, but we'll need to be quick and try to keep our mistakes to a minimum." He explained, receiving nods from the group around him. "For you, Ja'vassa, I'm not sure what you did back there when you rescued Nowi, but I believe that'll come in handy for us."

The Khajiit nodded again, "The Thu'um has its perks.. Battle Fury, Whirlwind Sprint, and Disarm should prove useful for the upcoming battle." He responded, rubbing his chin. "Until the battle comes, I'll see if I can't make up potions.. or some poisons for us to use in battle." After he finished the sentence, Nowi had perked up again, though she still leaned against him. "What kind of potions do you make, Java?" She asked, stifling a surprised reaction from the Khajiit; the question wasn't what got him, rather the nickname. He wasn't offended, it's just... wasn't something he's heard in a long time. After staring at the dragon girl for a few moments, he had shaken his head. "I make all kinds... health, stamina, disease curing. Though, I'm not sure if I'll be able to replenish my current stock of ingredients.. I doubt our worlds share too much in common." Ja'vassa explained, "The potions taste terrible, but their effectiveness makes up for it." This received a laugh from Robin.

"Oh, don't worry about that. We're used to terrible tasting medicines.. the elixirs and vulenaries we use are awful." He assured him, laughing a bit more. "You should see the face Chrom makes when he uses them, you'd think someone had just handed him rotten bear meat." He added jokingly, though the prince seemed to be a bit red in the face; Nowi and Stahl on the other hand found themselves giggling at what Robin said. Before the situation could get anymore awkward, the prince had risen from his seat. "Well... we've got a long day tomorrow, so I'd recommend everyone get a full night's sleep. We'll leave first thing after breakfast." Chrom said, bidding his farewell before retreating to his tent. Robin and Stahl followed suit, though Nowi remained behind for a moment. "I'm glad you're staying with us, Java.. I hope we'll be able to become good friends." She spoke in a soft, obviously tired tone, though she didn't want to leave his warmth yet, finding a bit of comfort in his soft fur.

The surprise of the nickname caught him off guard yet again, though he was quick to shake it off. "Try not to get too attached, there's no guarantee I'll be here tomorrow... but.. until I'm called back, I hope we'll become close friends too." Ja'vassa sighed; he didn't want to get himself attached to this bunch, but he found it difficult not to. Though he was Dragonborn, he never really found himself being accepted by too many groups. The Thieves Guild welcomed him with open arms, but that's purely due to his race; Khajiit are seen as excellent thieves due to their natural stealth and agility, but he was never truly accepted. He was just there to make them gold, lots of it. The College of Winterhold and Dark Brotherhood were faily accepting of him too, the mages didn't put much stock into his race and they seemed to value the research he's done; the assassins of the Brotherhood have shown much respect for his skill and ferocity in battle. There were also the Greybeards who have seemed to be pleased with the path he's taken; it may not be clean, but it's clear he's trying to stay on the right path. Beyond that select few, the unfortunate luck of having both the blood of a vampire and that of a Khajiit, he was bound to be an outcast.

Though he doesn't want to attach himself to Nowi or Chrom or anyone else in the Shepherds, it's difficult not to. They've welcomed him with open arms, without regard to his race or past. Peering over his shoulder, he had found that Nowi had since fallen asleep; a peaceful smile gracing her face. 'This.. this was just like when I reunited with Armani... I was attached to her immediately, and now... it seems Nowi has a similar effect..' Ja'vassa sighed, though he hadn't moved a muscle, not wanting to disturb her. 'I'll protect you with my life, friend.. I've lost enough.. I can't lose anyone else.' Snapping himself out of his mind, he had subtly thrown a small bear pelt over Nowi, trying his best not to disturb her. Unable to fall asleep himself, he had found himself watching the flickering flames of the campfire, just trying to process everything that had happened so far. A new world, a new war, new friends... it was almost too much for him to process. He hadn't intended to get attached to this new world, but it seemed it was inevitable. Perhaps it's what Hermaeus Mora planned all along; maybe after years of hard work and dedication, the Daedric Lord rewarded him with this new life or maybe he'll eventually wake up and discover this was nothing more than a bizarre dream; he didn't mind either outcome, but if it was the latter, he had no interest in waking up.

Chapter 4 - Emmeryn
After a long and restless night for much of the Shepherds, the fateful day had finally arrived. Chrom was quick to fill them in on the plan he and Robin had devised, and now, it was time to put it into action. If the day was to go down in their favor, they needed to be quick and needed to ensure that every little detail goes just as planned. Once the group got breakfast in and ready for battle, they'd begin their march. Chrom and Robin led the group, aiming for the execution grounds. Desperation remained plastered on their face as they knew if they failed today, the Exalt of Ylisse, and perhaps more, would be lost.

As they traveled, the Plegians had begun their preparations for the execution of Emmeryn; standing at the edge of a precarious cliff, a warrior standing just a few feet behind her. "Good people of Plegia! Warriors, citizens, soldiers, welcome to a most glorious day! Many of us remember the atrocities of this witch's father... how his army, the supposedly peaceful and righteous Ylisseans stormed across our borders and slaughtered our people by the thousands. It's by this reversal of fortunes that we'll be able to exact our vengeance." The Mad King spoke in a triumphant, victorious sounding tone. Turning to the brigand brandishing the axe, he grinned. "Executioner, if you would be so... kind?" He watched in surprise as another axe flew in, seemingly out of nowhere. Though he was momentarily confused by the sudden attack, that look of shock was replaced with a dastardly grin as he noticed the source of the attacks. "Oh-ho. How disgustingly noble of you, young prince. You're just in time to watch your darling sister become nothing more than a graceful splatter on the ground." He taunted, grinning at the increasingly frustrated Chrom.

"Dammit.. to arms, everyone! Deal with the soldiers first, then we'll take out the Mad King!" The Prince ordered, raising his legendary sword. The determined looks, the desperate orders, all of it seemed to amuse the King more than frighten him. "Soldiers, give these Ylissean pups nowhere to run, show them a massacre worthy of the prince's legendary father! Let their blood decorate the sands!" He ordered, sitting back and watching from the safety of the fortress walls. The Exalt watched quietly from her perch, that peaceful, but lost expression never once changing as the battle had begun. Chrom and Robin split up, leading two different groups in the hopes of breaking up the opposing army. Chrom led a group consisting of Frederick, Lissa, Gregor, Sully, Stahl, and Ricken while Robin led another group consisting of Ja'vassa, Nowi, Lon'qu, Sumia, Cordelia, and Miriel.

Early on, the battle went along pretty smoothly. Ja'vassa led the charge with his own fancy footwork, though admittedly, fighting on sand like this wasn't a strong suit of his. He was used to fighting on the frozen soil of Skyrim, or the barren landscape of Solstheim, so he was a bit out of his element in this new world, but nonetheless was able to do plenty of damage with his powerful magic, though with the harsh desert sun, he quickly found himself becoming exhausted. His stamina won't regenerate and his magicka was limited, but that didn't stop him from trying his best to keep with everyone. "Ja'vassa! Pull back for now, we don't need you pushing yourself too hard. Stand back and support us!" Robin suggested, fending off a wyvern rider. Normally, the Khajiit's pride would've had him refusing to back down, but the tactician was right. Had he continued fighting, it could've put him in a bad position. Taking a few steps back, Ja'vassa kept a Thunderbolt spell in one hand and a Healing Hands in another, in an attempt to further support the group, he decided to employ a shout. "Robin! Make sure you and the others are ready. Battle Fury will strengthen your weapons, but only for a short while." The Dragonborn informed him, receiving a nod from the white haired man.

"Mid... vur shaan!" Ja'vassa shouted, unleashing a strange blast of energy that would envelop his allies. With their attacks being sped up, the Ylisseans were doing remarkably well, quickly cutting down those who would oppose them. Soon, they were able to break through the frontline. Before getting too much further, they had found themselves unknowingly allied with an incredible woman; she swung her axe with a mixture of unparalleled grace and brutality. Chrom looked towards her with a mixture of fear and surprise; he wasn't sure if she was just in the battle for the sake of bloody murder or if she was trying to help the Shepherds, but nonetheless, this prompted the prince to approach. "Hold, friend! I don't know where you came from, but I grateful for the help." He greeted, wearing his friendliest smile.

"Ah! Prince Chrom! Thank the heavens you're alive!" The 'woman' said, wearing a joyful smile. This received a blank stare from the prince. "You know of me?" He questioned, receiving a quick nod from the newcomer.

"Of course I do, all Ylissean clergy are. Of course, our meeting isn't why I was sent here.. my comrades and I came out here to stop the execution, but it seems we were too late." An exhausted sigh escaped the warrior's lips. Chrom shook his head, "You're not too late, cleric.. we're getting close to the Mad King. But, we could use such--" He was interrupted by the 'cleric'. "Man, sire.. man of the cloth." He reminded him, receiving a blank stare from the prince. "Let's try not to dwell on it, we've got more important matters to attend to." He added, pointing towards Robin's group who were slowly chipping away at the Plegian army. Nodding at the monk, Chrom had resumed his own assault, his group soon reuniting with the others.

What seemed to be a futile effort at first was slowly turning into what could become a critical victory for the Ylisseans, the Plegians were being slain one by one, some fled before they could be cut down. They were soon at the front door of the Plegian fortress, but they would be stopped by a reluctant dark mage; "You there! You fight for the enemy, yet you're reluctant to attack. How come?" Chrom asked, keeping his blade at the ready. The mage looked to the prince with a bit of indifference, "Death comes to us all, though I don't believe in inviting it early for a cause I don't believe in. Long live the king and all, but I want to keep on living too." She replied, shrugging slightly. "I do have a bit of a rebellious side.. and some could say a bit of a dark side too."

The prince was hesitant at first, "Perhaps you'd be willing to rebel and join us?" He asked, receiving a surprised look from the dark mage. "You would allow me to join even through we were just enemies? Even if this was just a ploy to plunge a dagger into your back?" She asked, entertaining the option. "I'm.. I'm trying to learn from the Exalt. She'd trust you, so I will as well. With or without you, I have to watch my back anyways, so one more isn't an issue." Chrom shrugged, though this received a slow nod from the woman. "That's not the answer I expected, but... you may consider me an ally for now." She replied, soon joining the Ylisseans in the fight.

Their new allies, their determination, Ja'vassa supports, all of this proved to be overwhelming for the opposing army. This led them to finally meeting with the general stationed here. "Milord, you and Robin should focus on their general, let the rest of us hold the others off." Frederick suggested, having just come out of another battle. The prince and tactician shared a brief glance, nodding. "Right, you better not fail Frederick!" Chrom responded, engaging the general in battle. He fought up close, though his sword was at a disadvantage, fortunately for him, Robin was providing ample support with a mixture of Elfire and Arcthunder, being a fairly overwhelming combination.

After delivering the final blow, Chrom grinned. "Robin! That's our cue, I'm giving the signal!" He shouted, with a group of pegasus riders rushing in, providing some support to Chrom's group. That dastardly grin plastered on the Mad King's face had been replaced with a surprised, almost frustrated expression. "What? Where'd they come from?" He growled, clenching his fist. "That damned tactician doesn't play fair!" Slamming his fist on the wall, he turned to his sultry attendant who wore a sly, almost seductive smile. "Yes, but... neither do I." The smile turned into a smirk as she opened a strange box, a horde of undead soldiers surrounding the newly arrived pegasus riders. This elicited a surprised reaction from not only the Shepherds, but from the Mad King himself, though this surprised reaction turned into two very different appearances. Chrom's group quickly transitioned to a frustrated, defeated look. All of their struggles at that point were for naught as the undead effortlessly slain the fliers, knocking them one by one. "No! Phila!" Chrom cried out, watching as she and her mount plummeted to the ground. The sudden reversal of fortunes caused Gangrel to cackle, that dastardly grin returning. "By the gods.. did an army of the undead just appear out of the blue to fight for me? Oh, it seems the gods themselves favor me!" He said in between those snarling cackles of his.

"No.. I.. no.." Robin clenched his teeth, becoming increasingly frustrated at this unfortunate situation. All the planning, all the bloodshed, everything that had happened. "Now, it seems we'll have to come to an agreement, no? Unless you want your sister to become a new practice dummy for my soldier, I'd recommend you lay down your weapons and perhaps throw the Fire Emblem in my direction, then maybe I'll consider sparing your sister." The King's demands forced Chrom to freeze in place, his sword twitching in his hands. "I..." Before he could say anything else, Gangrel interrupted. "I will not ask a second time. Give me the Fire Emblem, lay down your weapons, and surrender. I will not hesitate to have my archers resume the execution. What is it, little prince? Will you surrender the Fire Emblem or will you be the one responsible for the death of your sister?"

The shaking of his sword arm only became more apparent, "I... I..." He bit his lip, looking towards Robin and his younger sister. "You can't listen to him, he.. he'll just kill her anyways!" LIssa reminded him, though this received a frustrated, defeated sigh. "I know, but..." Chrom wanted nothing more than to just scream, but he decided not to. "Alright, alright! I.. I know you won't approve of this, sis, and maybe the Emblem would've helped us in the future, but.. we need you, Emm.. Ylisse needs you." He turned to the rest of his army. "Everyone... lay down your weapons. Gangrel, you---"

A shout from Emmeryn effectively shut Chrom down. "Gangrel, is there no hope that you might listen to reason?" She asked, her tone remaining surprisingly calm despite her current situation. "You mean more of your pitiful voice? I think not, I want nothing more than watch your demise, unless someone wants to hand me the Fire Emblem immediately!" The Mad King bellowed, his archers training their arrows on the Exalt. Biting his lip, Chrom had reached for the Fire Emblem, though he had intended to give up the Emblem, Emmeryn interrupted once again. "Chrom... I appreciate the thought, but.. I know what must be done." That peaceful, calm look transformed into a determined look. Chrom's eyes widened, Lissa's eyes began filling with tears, silence filled the desert air, with the only sound coming from anywhere was the wind gently blowing. "Emm.. what are you?" Chrom muttered, forcing his own tears back.

"People of Plegia, heed my words... What has this war won besides sorrow and pain inside and outside your own borders? I know what Ylisse did cannot be forgiven, but I plead for you to release your hatred and vengeance, help me forge in a new era of peace and prosperity! See how just even one selfless act has the power to change the world, as I'm demonstrating here!" Emmeryn said, approaching the edge of the cliff, Chrom's eyes widened as he came to realize what was about to happen. "Emm... no, you can't.. you can't do this!" He shouted, but this held no impact on her.

"Was I wrong? They remain in silence.." Emmeryn sighed softly, that determined face transitioning into a peaceful smile. "So be it.. Chrom, it's time you took my place.." She paused, folding her hands as she leaned forward, allowing herself to fall from the cliff, her eyes closed as she accepted her fate. 'Chrom.. Lissa.. know that I loved you...' Was the last thought to roll through her mind before she ultimately hit the ground, her life fading from her almost immediately. Despite his best efforts, Chrom failed to get to her. The crowd, the Shepherds, the Plegian soldiers, and even King Gangrel stood in stunned silence, at least until the Mad King burst into laughter. "Even in death, the once exalted Emmeryn just exudes grace! I've seen many fall, but that was the finest I've seen. I'll be sure to put her up for display, so all can see her Grace in all her glory." He cackled, this received an enraged shout from Chrom. "You.. you die today, Gangrel!" He shouted, grabbing Falchion with nothing but rage and despair shining in his eyes.

Before he was able to do anything stupid, Basilio and Flavia showed up. "Come on, boy! We need to get out of here!" Basilio shouted, grabbing the prince's arm. Rather than complying, Chrom was reluctant and struggled to stay, "B-but.. her... her body! I-I have to recover it!" He argued, struggling against the Khan's grip. "No! We don't need anyone else dying today! Robin! Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid!" He ordered, with the white haired tactician nodding, helping the Khan drag the broken prince away from the scene.

Chapter 5 - An Inspiring Sorrow
The Ylisseans ran and ran for what seemed like to be an eternity, they would get sidetracked by an unfortunately familiar foe. Even with what happened to Lady Emmeryn, it was clear that the Mad King wasn't about to give up the Fire Emblem, especially seeing that the group would most likely be demoralized after such a brutal loss. For the most part, Gangrel would be right. Chrom, Lissa, Robin, even Ja'vassa were still trying to process what had just transpired. Though, as a result of the incoming Plegian soldiers, they had little time to process it. "Dammit... we have carriages waiting for us.. but, it seems we'll have to deal with this bastards first.." Basilio snarled, grabbing his silver axe. The others readied themselves for battle; this one hit especially close to Ja'vassa. He knew all too well of the pain of losing someone dear to him; his own sister was robbed of him many years before he even discovered he was Dragonborn, so he wanted to do what he could to aid Chrom and Lissa in this.

"Hold, Ylisseans! I come not to fight you, but to offer mercy! Lay down your weapons and I vow to protect you the best I can!" The Plegian general offered, his tone sounding sincere, though like one would expect, the Shepherds chose otherwise. "How can we believe you after what that barbarian you call a king did?" Frederick retorted, pointing his lance towards his enemy. "Your anger is justified, Ylisseans, but remember that Lady Emmeryn wouldn't want this to come to bloodshed!" Mustafa reminded them, though his intentions were good, the very mention of the Exalt's name caused the prince's blood to boil. "Shut up! After all that your damn king has done, you have no right to utter her name!" Chrom cried out, his voice seething with anger. "I think I'll take my chance with a sword in hand!" Amidst the anguish he felt, there was a new determination in him, one built from a mix of sorrow, justice, and vengeance.

The cry from Chrom triggered an outcry of support from his troops, many of them shouting out similar retorts to the Plegian general. Now that Mustafa realized he would not be able to persuade them one way or another, he knew that it would come down to bloodshed. "Very well! I'll see to it that I give you a quick and honorable end. If you wish to leave here with your lives, then you must win them!" He bellowed, slamming the head of his axe to the ground, signaling the start of the battle. Though the battle at the Plegia castle courtyard was merely hours ago, the Shepherds were ready and raring for more, eager to get back at the ones that have caused nothing but pain and destruction, inside and outside of their borders. With Chrom and Robin leading the charge, Plegians and the scurrying thieves were cut down without a second thought. Blood splattered on the ground, mixing in with the muddied grounds; sword against sword, spell against spell, it was a ferocious battle, one with much anger on both sides.

Though the battle with the Plegian was brief and bloody, it felt as it went on for an eternity. Fortunately, thanks to the morale and the strength of Chrom's army, they had proven themselves to be the superior unit and with the fall of the opposing general, they were finally able to make it to the carriages that Khan Basilio promised. "Soldiers, meet Olivia.. she'll be getting us out of this hellhole." He said, grinning as he approached the timid dancer. "Khan Basilio! I'm so relieved to see you and the others... but, I'm afraid we won't be alone for long if we don't leave now. Countless Plegians are no doubt in pursuit." Olivia suggested, motioning for the carriages. Seeing as the girl was no doubt correct about that, the Ylisseans and Feroxis climbed aboard, soon heading off for Castle Ferox.

At the Castle, there were no celebrations or parties among the soldiers, an air of sorrow and failure surrounded them. "All the bloodshed.. all the sleepless nights.. all for nothing." Robin spoke in a soft tone, holding back a few sobs. In the background, Lissa could be heard holding her own sobs back, clearly devastated at the loss of someone so dear to her. Chrom looked towards his sister, then to his tactician. "Don't be so hard on yourself, Robin.. your plan was flawless as usual, I was the one that failed.. I was.. I was just so powerless.." The prince said, his lips quivering slightly. With some slight hesitation, Robin spoke up again. "So was I.. alone and powerless, just many of the soldiers gathered here. You were the one that brought us together, you were the one that led the charge.. don't give up Emmeryn's ideals." He pleaded, though this only brought more worries from Chrom.

"What if I can't? What if I'm not worthy to lead? What if I drag you and the others down with me?" Chrom asked, though this seemed to receive a bit of an annoyed response from the Khajiit. "Dammit, Chrom.. I'm tired of this. I know what just happened is hard on you, but there isn't time to mourn, not yet at least." Ja'vassa started, his tone sounding a little more serious. Nowi grabbed his arm in an attempt to stop him, though this was fruitless as the Khajiit just yanked it away. "I've been where you are.. I lost my sister years ago, it hurt.. but, it made me who I am. She didn't want me wallowing in self pity and I know your sister wouldn't want the same from you. There will be plenty of time for mourning after the battle is over, but for as long as the Mad King is out there, this war will never end. If our leader starts faltering from his path, so will the rest of the army.. and I assure you, that'll turn out poorly for your kingdom." He paused, sighing softly. "Like the tactician said, look at the people you've brought with you. Slaves, farmers, mercenaries, even Plegian soldiers. You brought us under one goal, that says a lot about you. Emmeryn sacrificed herself because she believes in you, just as the rest of us do. You are worthy, Chrom. Don't let this stop you, if you do, then you might as well return to your castle. Don't let her faith or our faith be for naught. We put our trust in you, don't make us look stupid for doing so"

Though the Dragonborn's words were harsh, it seemed to be enough to work on the prince. Chrom was silent, he looked to see the various people among the Shepherds. Ja'vassa was right.. people of every background were there, all in support of the Ylissean cause. "You're.. you're right.. I'm sorry. We've got some work to do. Peace will not return to the realm until the Mad King has been defeated." He had a rather determined look as he spoke, realizing what has to be done. The Khajiit wore a proud grin, the other soldiers seemed determined. Sumia, the secret love interest of Chrom, had approached the prince. "Emmeryn would be proud of you, Captain. You've become strong.. and an amazing leader." She said, smiling brightly. "Now, let's get some rest and get ready for tomorrow." Agreeing to the suggestion, the warriors had made their way towards their beds, though rather than going straight to bed, Nowi had pulled Ja'vassa to the side, seemingly wanting to talk with him.

"Is everything alright, little one?" Ja'vassa asked, looking a bit confused. He was always happy to speak with the manakete, but this was unexpected. The girl nodded, "I just wanted to get to know you a little bit. Back there, you mentioned you lost your sister. Can I ask you about that? Or maybe we can just talk." She asked, watching as the Khajiit sat down nearby. Without much hesitation, she had taken a seat on his lap, leaning back to steal some of his warmth. Ja'vassa was quiet, trying to figure out what he wanted to say. "My sister was killed almost 20 years ago..." He started, Nowi's gentle smile softening slightly. "I'm sorry, Java.. I hadn't intended to bring up bad memories.." She whimpered slightly.

He waved it off. "There's no point in moping over things you can't change. Her death.. her death was painful, but.. if it weren't for that, I doubt you and I would be talking now. It wasn't long after her death that I discovered I was Dragonborn, that I really began exploring Skyrim and other parts of Tamriel." He paused, looking down towards the girl. "You know, you kind of remind me of my sister.. at least in terms of your personality. You're just as energetic and as affectionate as she was.. and funnily enough, Java was what she used to call me." After he finished speaking, he had gently wrapped his arms around the manakete, keeping the gentle smile on his face. Nowi couldn't help but smile, nodding. "It's sad that she's gone, but I'm glad you're here with us. I'll be here if you ever need to talk.." She yawned slightly, soon finding herself asleep in the comfort of the Dragonborn's arms, that soft smile never leaving her face. Ja'vassa soon fell asleep with her, feeling at peace for the first time since he was in Elsweyr with his beloved Armani.

Well, here are the next few chapters of the crossover! I hope y'all enjoy them! I'll hopefully remember to post the next set in a more timely manner.

Chapter 6 - The Mad King
With the unfortunate death of the Exalt behind them, the allied Ylissean and Feroxi forces began preparations for one last stand against the barbarous people of Plegia. Arming themselves to teeth; every remaining soldier had near flawless equipment, the best available potions, the sturdiest armor, and whatever else was needed to ensure this would be a success. Once everything was ready, Chrom would take a few steps in front of the army, raising his sword in a hopeful, triumphant manner. "This is it, soldiers! Ylisseans, Feroxis, Plegians, outsiders, and anyone else who's with us today, this is our final battle! There will be time for recovery afterwards, but for now, we've got a job to do. When you return home to your families and friends, you will be heroes of the realm. If you're ready, follow me!" He ordered, sheathing his legendary blade before heading off for the Plegian Castle with his army following close behind.

After several hours of marching, the army had arrived at a pasture just a short distance from the castle, being met with a rather gleeful looking Gangrel. "Ah, so you've returned, Prince. I don't expect you're here to hand over the Emblem, are you? That's fine, of course, I'd be happy to take it off your corpse." He greeted, a dastardly grin arriving on his face. Pointing his blade towards the Mad King, Chrom wore a determined glare on his face. "We're here to kill you and restore the peace to the realm!" His tone sounded just as determined as he looked, though rather than receiving any gasps or applause from his enemy, the king just cackled at him. "Peace? You're gonna restore peace? Thanks for the laugh.. I enjoy a good joke before I start bloodying my sword.. you don't know the first thing about peace, no man does! When someone gives you blood, you answer with more blood! Even if you do kill me, I will not be the last to shed more of your people's blood. There will be more! It's an endless cycle!" As he said this, cackles would occasionally escape his lips. "But, I suppose that line of yours will make for a fitting epitaph for your grave."

Suddenly, the sadistically jovial tone had been replaced with something more serious. "But, that's enough talk.. if you wish to leave here with your lives, you must win them. Loyal Plegians! Stand up and kill these dastardly Ylisseans, don't leave so much as a trace of their existence behind!" He ordered, waving the Levin Sword in front of him as his soldiers began to march towards their enemy. In response to that, Chrom waved Falchion in front of him, prompting his soldiers to march towards the opponent. Chrom led one half of the army while Robin led another, each aiming to separate the group in order to keep Gangrel vulnerable, or at least as vulnerable as they could make him. Within mere moments of the battle starting, the once beautiful, green field had been stained with the crimson colored blood. Corpses from both sides piled up, the sounds of weapons clashing against each other created a deadly harmony with the screams of those cut down.

Thus far, the battle has been short and bloody, just the way the Plegian King liked it. Seeing that there was little progress being made, Chrom shouted towards the Khajiit, "Hey! You remember those... words you used back in the desert? I'd imagine those might come in handy here!" He suggested as he fended off an incoming barbarian. Ja'vassa nodded and would use the shout in question, "Mid... vur shaan!" He shouted, surrounding his allies in the same energy as before. This quickly turned the tides in the favor of the Shepherds; their attack speed was increased exponentially and thanks to this, they began to push back the Plegian army. The gleeful, triumphant smile on Gangrel's face slowly fell, being replaced with an angry, almost nervous expression. "That.. that damn wizard.." He grunted, "Soldiers! Go for the masked wizard!" He ordered, though unfortunately for them, it wouldn't be enough to stop Ja'vassa; the sunlight was largely ineffective against him thanks to the cloudy skies, giving him full access to his extensive magicka pool, nor would he be held back by his weakened stamina.

Not only did he have the advantage with his numerous spells, but considering that Nowi had been backing him up, along with the various other soldiers that made up the group, the Plegians could do little to stop their advance. Even with Battle Fury wearing off, the opposing army was reduced to a mere fraction of what it was. With the path opened to Gangrel, Ja'vassa looked towards the prince and tactician. "You two! Go for their leader! The rest of us will hold his soldiers off until you can finish the job!" He suggested, firing off an Icy Spear towards an incoming wyvern rider. "This might be our only chance, so don't waste it!" The recipients of that suggestion looked towards each other before nodding, "Right! You better not get yourself killed back there!" Robin shouted back at him, rushing at Gangrel alongside the Prince. Rather than just cutting the Mad King down like intended, he was able to ward off their incoming attacks. His anger, his desperation, and even his fear played into this final showdown; in this state, his attacks were wildly unpredictable, even to himself. "Little Princeling! Will you be able to face your people without the one they loved most?" He asked, trying to get at Chrom in the hopes of getting the upper hand.

This wouldn't work; the death of Emmeryn and the uncertainty of whether or not he'd truly be able to carry on her will was weighing heavily on his mind, but a certain someone had snapped him out of that funk. "I'll figure that out when I get there! For now, I'm more focused on cutting you down!" Chrom retorted, pushing Gangrel back. "You've started an unnecessary war, slaughtering those who had nothing to do with it, and today, I'm ending it." After speaking, he would plunge his blade deep into the Mad King's chest, causing him to cough up a bit of blood. "Heh.. well done, Prince.. but, you've accomplished nothing but continuing this chain of violence.." The king's eyes fluttered, "You are alone.. your people.. will chew you up and throw you out. You will die alone, as every man will." A few more pained coughs escaped him before he finally succumbed to his injury, a pained, yet gleeful grin remaining on his face.

Now that Gangrel has fallen, it seemed many of the Plegian soldiers had begun surrendering, not wanting to keep up this pointless battle any longer. Seeing this, Chrom had wiped off his weapon before sheathing. "Shepherds, allies! Hold your weapons! The war is over!" He shouted, receiving a mixture of surprised and joyful looks from both sides of the army. "Friends, enemies.. return home and spread the good news. Shepherds, we're making our way for Ylisstol to begin the process of mending the scars of war." This seemed to be a pleasing answer as the armies would split up, the Ylisseans returning from whence they came. As if on cue, the hiding sun would slowly emerge from behind the depressing clouds, lighting up the blood stained battlefield. All that was left was for Chrom to prepare for his new as the Exalt of Ylisse, though he wasn't sure if he was ready. The battle might've been over, but it seemed their work had only just begun.

Chapter 7 - The Dragonborn and Manakete
With the war in Plegia behind them, the allied forces of Ylisse and Regna Ferox had split and returned to their homelands, with many of the Shepherds choosing to take a bit of a vacation to rest and recover from the horrors of war. Ja'vassa and Nowi were no exceptions to this; now that he no longer had to focus on the battle at hand, he could begin to work on the task his Lord had given him in the first place. While the battle raged, he was able to collect a few tomes and notebooks, but it didn't really seem like just a handful of reading material would satisfy a Daedric Prince, so now he could properly conduct some research until Chrom and Robin would have use of him again; being quite attached to each other, Nowi decided she'd go with him to which Ja'vassa wouldn't object. Their first day would mostly involve them just relaxing and figuring out where they had intended to go.

Remaining in the barracks of the Shepherds, Nowi had found herself resting her friend's lap, watching as he looked at the Ylissean map. "Hey.. I know you're eager to go exploring Java, but do you think we could hang back for a bit? I'd like to get to know you a little more.. maybe learn about your past." The manakete said, looking up at him. "We've been together for a little while now and I barely know you, apart from your name and a few things.. I'd like to know what Skyrim was like, and maybe if you're okay with it, maybe your family?" She asked, turning to wrap her arms around him, only to receive a gentle hug in return. "Where do I start? Uh... let's see... Skyrim is a beautiful land, a snowy province filled with sights unlike anything you'll find here. The beautiful plains of Whiterun, the towering mountains that made up much of its landscape. The history practically radiates from each stone.. It was incredible." The Khajiit said, a bit of a smile on his face. "In spite of its immense beauty, it was a dangerous place.. there was barely a day that went by without something trying to kill me. Bandits, dragons, wildlife.. of course, my... line of work really didn't make things much easier on me."

Though Nowi was fascinated by what she heard, her eyes practically sparkling in wonder, she found herself curious at what he meant. "What exactly was your work? I mean... if you were just like a merchant, I doubt that'd make things any more dangerous.." She stated, tilting her head. There was obvious hesitation in his eyes, as he wasn't sure how she'd take his past. He had found himself falling in love with Nowi; with every moment he spent with her, the more his heart yearned for hers. The vampiric blood in his veins meant he would have a long life ahead of him and he didn't really want to be alone for it, despite his reluctance to return to the romantic scene following the death of his wife and daughter, he figured now was a good time to start moving on, this time with the first person he properly met in this new world.

After a few moments of an awkward silence, he figured he might as well come clean, she'd find out eventually. "My.. my life in Tamriel wasn't.. clean. I didn't make the best of decisions.. I joined an assassin cult, became a professional thief, and joined a bloodthirsty clan of vampires. After Chiara died, I lost control of who I was and took the wrong path. Hundreds, perhaps thousands have died by magic alone.. Things only became worse after I lost my wife." He spoke in a soft, wavering voice, seemingly holding back his own emotions. Rather than being shocked or scared of him, Nowi looked a bit sad; she reached up and grabbed the Khajiit's cheeks. "You've been through a lot, haven't you, Java? I can see it in your eyes. Though you say otherwise, your eyes look like they're hurting." Her tone was no longer as curious or energetic as they were previously, but rather it was a soft and gentle tone.

"I.. I promised Chiara.. and Armani that I'd be strong for them, that.. I'd move on. I wasn't going to slow down because of it, but.. I.. I.." Ja'vassa muttered, forcing the tears back. The girl in his arms pressed a finger to his mouth, "You are strong.. Perhaps your past isn't exactly clean, but it seems to me you've done a lot of good in your world and in this world too.. after all, if it weren't for you I would've either been killed or back on the auction block. I assure you, your sister and wife would be happy for you, those you've lost along the way are no doubt proud of what you've accomplished." As she spoke, she held Ja'vassa tighter, pressing herself against him. "You are strong, the problem is, you've been strong for too long. It's okay to cry if you need to. You can use my shoulder if you need." She offered, brushing her hair back.

Ja'vassa hesitated greatly; he was Dragonborn, a deadly assassin and vampire who's name was feared across Skyrim and even beyond for being an incredibly dangerous opponent, even for the most experienced of warriors. He was supposed to be strong, be the unshakable, stalwart hero of the people, but it seemed the desire overcame him. He tightly hugged Nowi, letting the tears roll down his furry cheeks. "I.. I.. I just.." He blubbered, unable to get much more out as he sobbed; since he lost Armani all those years ago, he hadn't been able to really just.. let loose like this. Everyone expected him to remain standing when others fell, to be the one to carry the weight of his past on his own, or at least that's he assumed, but thanks to her, he could finally get it off him. A few moments would pass before he finally calmed down, wiping off his cheeks as he sighed. "Thank you, Nowi.. thank you.." He paused, not yet letting her go. "I.. I appreciate what you've done since we met." This caused Nowi to give him one of her trademark cheerful smiles. "Of course! I'll always be here for you, Java." She responded, slowly pulling away from the hug, though she'd remain sitting in his lap.

The Dragonborn hesitated for a moment before digging into his satchel, "Nowi.. there is something I want to give you." He said, though she did not respond, she merely looked up to him with an inquisitive stare. "We really haven't known each other for more than a few weeks, but.. I want you to have this." He had pulled out a small amulet, seemingly encrusted in rubies. "This is an Amulet of Mara.. in Tamriel, Mara is the Goddess of Love." He sighed, clearly not good at this kind of thing. It's been almost a decade since he had last spoken with Armani, so naturally, he'd be a little rusty. "I'm.. I'm probably interpreting this wrong, but when a person wants to, uh.. express their love for someone, they offer them the amulet.. and, well... I love you.. and I, uh.. want you to have this." He said, the normally level headed Ja'vassa was now stuttering and babbling like a love struck idiot.

Nowi wouldn't respond right away, she stared at him with mild surprise until the realization of what he said hit her, that's when her cheeks would flush a deep red and her eyes filled with joyful tears. "Oh, Java... I... I love you too!" She said happily, practically tackling him into a hug. "I've.. I've always wanted a relationship like this.. and seeing as we've both got long lives, we'll have plenty of time to make lots of stories together!" That smile seemed to be a permanent fixture on her face now. Shaking his head, Ja'vassa laughed as he stood up, lifting up the girl with him. "You might be small, but damn.. you're strong, Nowi." He admitted, still holding her close to him. "I'm glad the feeling is mutual.. I promise that for as long as I'm still breathing, my heart will be yours. I will always love you." He promised, gently holding her cheek. After a brief moment of just staring into each other's eyes, they slowly gravitated towards each other to share their first kiss together, one filled with much love and joy. Just days ago, Ja'vassa was planning to do nothing more than accomplish his lord's task, but then he met Nowi, that's when everything changed. Convinced he was no longer dreaming, he was now convinced that this really was a reward from Hermaeus Mora; all the hard work and dedication for the Daedra's desires earned him a fresh start on life and someone to hold close when he needs it the most. Things were finally looking up for him; he no longer had to work in the shadows with the Dark Brotherhood, the Thieves Guild, or Volkihar; he no longer had to be shunned due to his Khajiiti heritage or due to his preference for magic; for the first time in a long time, Ja'vassa was truly happy thanks to the girl in his arms.

Chapter 9 - A Tactician's Love
Around this time of day, Robin would normally be with Chrom and other leaders in the planning room tinkering around with various documents and books all in the hopes of creating an incredible strategy that would no doubt stump and decimate their enemies, but now that the war with Plegia was but a distant memory and now, his work was more or less over. Beyond trying to help those who had been impacted by the battle, there wasn't much he could do. As he wandered with Chrom and several others in the hopes of mending the scars of war, he had found himself growing particularly close to Princess Lissa, having developed a deep love for her, though considering she was the princess and that her older brother was the soon to be Exalt, he didn't want to risk offending them for obvious reasons. There was no doubt they wouldn't hurt him, but spending life in prison wasn't exactly something he really cared to do either.

Currently, he was busy helping Lissa and a few other Shepherds with plans to help rebuild a nearby village, though admittedly rather than paying attention to his plans, he had found himself occasionally glancing at the object of his affection. Unknown to him, Princess Lissa had secretly harbored a love for Robin, but a slight fear of losing his friendship kept her from confessing to the tactician. While their feelings were unknown to each other, it was painfully obvious to almost everyone else in the room; Prince Chrom was among those that were aware of their feelings. Lissa and Robin have been major contributors to the Shepherds in many ways; the princess was responsible for healing many after the hard battles and her skill in magic was nothing to scoff at either, while the tactician was responsible for, well, coming up with many of the ingenious strategies the Shepherds have used in their many battles. Partially because of this, the two of them had managed to spend plenty of time together, so understandably, they'd develop a close bond.

Unsure of how to go about confessing, the two of them had decided to confide in the group's latest sweethearts; Ja'vassa and Nowi. Lissa had gone to visit the Khajiit to talk with him while Robin went to speak with the manakete. "Hey, uh.. Ja'vassa?" Lissa started, entering his tent. "I'm not interrupting you, am I?" She asked, sitting across from his stack of books. Looking up from the one he was currently reading, the Dragonborn shook his head. "You're fine, what can I help you with, milady?" He asked, his tone carrying the same soft, serious sound to it. She took a deep breath, hoping he was the right person to talk to. Thus far, Ja'vassa appeared to be pretty knowledgable in plenty of fields, so maybe romance was among them. "You and Nowi are pretty close, right? I was.. I was wondering how you went about confessing to her." The princess asked, fiddling with her fingers as she spoke. Unable to help it, Ja'vassa laughed softly, offering her a soft smile.

"I do love Nowi a lot.. we had only known each other for a brief couple weeks before I finally worked up the courage to tell her." The vampire started, leaning back. "I've.. I've never been good at romance, but I figured, if I didn't get it off my chest as soon as possible, I'd come to regret it later on. Someone else might've swooped down at the opportunity had I hesitated any longer than I did. If you truly feel like you love the person you're hoping to confess to, you'll know. Trust your heart, it often won't misguide you in situations like these." He explained, sighing softly. Lissa nodded at him, a smile crossing her face as she slowly returned to her feet. "Thank you, Ja'vassa.. I only hope that you'll attend our wedding in the future." She said, bowing softly.

Meanwhile, Robin had just joined up with Nowi as she was exiting the mess hall. "Oh! Robin, fancy meeting you here!" The manakete greeted in her usual happy, almost sickeningly cheerful tone. "Why the puzzled expression? Are you working on a difficult puzzle or something?" In response to that, Robin had just shook his head. "Oh, um.. not quite. I wanted to talk to you, actually." He stated, sitting down on a nearby log, patting a spot near him. Without even hesitating, Nowi quickly plopped down beside him. "What's up? Normally you'd head off to Chrom with that puzzled expression." She teased, inciting a laugh from the tactician. "I know, but I don't think he's all that great with romance." Robin responded, pausing for a brief moment.

He knew full well that he could've just gone to Lissa, but he just wanted to be sure this was right. "Well, I, uh.. have fallen in love with Lissa.. and I mean, it's not just your petty crush, but I seriously want to be with her, maybe start a family with her, y'know?" Robin admitted, his voice stumbling around a bit. This received a brief giggle from Nowi as one would expect, "Looking to become the future prince of Ylisse, Robin?" She teased, but her tone quickly shifted into something a bit more serious as she spoke up again. "Ja'vassa had confessed to me first.. he was a bit nervous, but straightforward with me. He didn't hold anything back and just said the words that every girl... no, everyone is dying to hear. He just said he loved me and that was that. I'm much happier now and I'm sure Lissa will be happy too. You're a good man that anyone would be lucky to have."

A light blush dusted his cheeks at what she said, but nonetheless a smile crossed his face as he stood up. "Thank you, Nowi.. that means a lot to me." Robin said, going to find Lissa. Coincidentally, his love interest was searching for him. With the tactician lost in thought and the princess distracted, they had unintentionally bumped into each other; Robin fell back with Lissa falling on top of him. "Ow..." Robin muttered, rubbing his head. "Oh! Lissa! I-I'm so sorry!" He quickly apologized, internally cursing himself. 'Idiot! That's not gonna make a good impression!' He screamed internally, but would soon find himself in an awkward position. Lissa sat on, remaining on his lap as she smiled at him. "Robin! Just the person I was looking for, I needed to talk to you!" She said excitedly, not even bothering to move. At first, he was just too confused and perhaps a little embarrassed to be in such a position, especially in such a public place. "Really? I needed to speak with you too." He managed to spit out.

"Let's say it at the same time." Lissa suggested. "On the count of the three."

"One..." They said in near perfect unison.

"Two..."

"Three..."

"I love you, Lissa!"
Robin confessed.

"I love you, Robin!" Lissa echoed.

As they heard each other's words, it was as if the world around them had come to a standstill. The murmurs of the crowd around them fell upon deaf ears as the duo stared at each other in obvious surprise. The feelings they held for each other were almost painfully obvious for anyone else, yet they wouldn't have known until they said something. Once the realization set in, deep blushes painted their cheeks as the smiles set in. Without saying a word, Lissa had tackled her newfound lover in a tight, death grip of a hug and was quick to share her first kiss with the tactician. Though both the hug and kiss were unexpected, Robin didn't hesitate to return them. Their eyes sealed shut, their lips locked onto each other, it was enough confirmation for both of them that this wasn't just a dream, the feelings they shared were real and that it seemed they would be starting a new life together soon enough. A few moments had passed before they finally broke away from the deep, loving kiss. For several minutes, they just stared into each other's eyes, not saying a word.

After what seemed like an eternity had passed by, the two returned to their feet and quickly dusted themselves off. "Oh, Lissa.. Thank you." Robin said softly, intertwining his fingers with hers. "I don't how many years I have left, but I hope I get to spend the remaining years with you, however many there might be." He gave her hand a soft, affectionate squeeze as she nodded. "I wish for the same, Robin. Perhaps we'll be able to officially start our life together soon." After Lissa finished speaking, she had gone in for another kiss, clearly quite happy at the moment. Satisfied with the confession.. and the kiss, the two had parted ways to go thank the ones they talked with, believing their words had a part to play in their newfound relationship.

Chapter 10 - Invaders from the Sea
It's been nearly two years since the war with Plegia had come to a close and things had quieted down. Chrom had settled down with Sumia who would soon give birth to their first child, a girl by the name of Lucina. Unfortunately for the new family, they wouldn't be given much of a chance to really spend time with their daughter as a new threat would arise. After receiving a frantic message from a Feroxi courier; the Shepherds would once again mobilize, heading out to the Feroxi border in order to help stop an attack on Port Ferox. They had fortunately arrived right on time as it seemed the battle hadn't gotten too far yet. A number of foreign ships were docked near the port; none seemed to be of Plegian origin, so at least that was a promising sign. Once arriving, the group was able to overhear the enemy captain's orders.

"Listen well, villagers!" Dalton suggested, slamming his spear down. "My Lord, Emperor Walhart himself claims these lands in the name of the Valmese Empire! If you wish to keep your lives, I would suggest you follow these orders! You will grant the Conqueror your ships, all your possessions, your undying loyalty, and this land's greatest treasure; the Fire Emblem! Do these and your lives shall be spared, refuse and watch as we cut you down." His stern tone transitioned into a more annoyed, angry one as a villager boarded his ship. "Who are you to step foot on my ship, peasant?" He asked, raising his spear. The villager gulped, his legs wildly shaking. "I-If you take all that we own, how will we live? Take away our ships and gold, and people will starve! Would you have your people die?" He asked, though he'd soon regret this question as Dalton hadn't hesitated to skewer him. "Hmph.. you'll survive for now." He replied, watching the helpless village die.

Chrom and Robin shared a brief glance between each other. "Seems these guys won't listen to reason.. Shepherds, to arms!" Chrom ordered, unsheathing Falchion. Frederick seemed as wary as always, "Are you sure, milord? Another war already?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. Chrom was silent for a few moments as he thought about it, nodding. "Yes... I believe it's our duty for Ylisse to stand against injustice and evil, if we fail, true peace will never be achieved." He explained, nodding again. "Regardless, let's worry about this after the battle, Frederick. We need to save as many of the villagers as possible." This got the stern knight to agree, raising his lance. On cue, the others of the army prepared themselves for battle as well; it seemed all of their preparations got the attention of another warrior. "Perhaps I could join you and Virion?" The wyvern rider asked. "Ferox may not be my home, but this is my cause." Chrom nodded at her, figuring that if Virion trusted her, then she'd be fine.

Mere moments after Cherche's arrival, the Shepherds finally engaged with the invaders. "Ja'vassa! You should take a small group and attack the ships. With your Shouts, you should be able to clear the ship. The others and I will help protect the villagers down here" Robin suggested, offering the Khajiit a confident smile. Ja'vassa nodded at him, soon deciding to use both Harkon's sword and Dragonbane. Nowi, Stahl, Cherche, Virion, and Olivia had joined the Khajiit. Like most other battles, Ja'vassa had no trouble mowing down those in front of him, the others more or less served as support, they'd take care of anyone he missed. Occasionally, they'd look behind them to ensure that Robin was doing as he said. Everything so far was going according to plan. Once at the captain's boat, Ja'vassa turned to the others. "You go back and help Robin's group. It seems they're still having trouble. I'm imagining the enemy troops will scatter if we defeat their captain." He suggested to them, his eyes remaining on the guards standing on the ship's entrance. Nowi gulped slightly at the order from him, "Fine.. but, you had better come out of there alive, Java." She ordered back, receiving a nod from her husband. "Of course, I'm Dragonborn, Nowi. A few soldiers won't be enough to take me out." He assured her, sharing a brief kiss with her before going to do just as he said he was going to do.

Still on the docks, Ja'vassa grinned. "Unfortunately for our friends here, they chose the wrong army to fight." He figured he'd need a little help from someone else; in one hand, he readied a Conjure Dremora Lord spell, though before casting it, he'd use the Summon Durnehviir shout. "Durnehviir!" He shouted, with the decaying dragon soon materializing from the ground. The sudden appearance of the grotesque, massive dragon effectively brought the battle to a standstill as ally and enemy alike watched in surprise. A loud roar left the undead dragon as he looked around. "This.. this isn't Tamriel.. where are we, Qahnaarin?" Durnehviir asked in obvious confusion. "I'll explain later, just help us destroy the soldiers in red." The Khajiit responded, with the dragon soon taking off. Once the dragon was in the air, Ja'vassa summoned the Dremora Lord through his Twin Souls ability. "Dremora, help me with this ship." He ordered the Daedra.

Durnehviir would return to the port, using his Soul Cairn Summon shout, he'd enlist additional help for Chrom's side. "Diil.. Qoth Zaam!" He shouted, raining down an array of violet mist, with the mist soon turning into a number of undead warriors. Chrom had eventually snapped out of his surprise, "Shepherds! We've got additional aid, continue fighting as you normally would!" Back aboard the ship, Ja'vassa's Dremora was making quick work of the grunts while the Khajiit approached Dalton, his swords raised. "You came here so sure you'd wipe out this unfortunate village, but it seems the tides have turned, no?" Ja'vassa taunted, pointing Dragonbane towards the captain. Dalton was silent briefly, "Just what in the hell are you? Such strength.. not to mention summoning these monsters.." He said, watching as the Dremora had faded away. "I sincerely doubt the rest of your allies would even be necessary at this point."

Ja'vassa kept a rather confident, sly smirk on his face. "Perhaps not, but even for as powerful as I am, I wouldn't have been able to rescue the villagers like they have. Enough with the chatter, it's time for us to do battle, friend." He reminded him, soon engaging the captain in a fight. Swords clashed against Dalton's spear, though much like what he had displayed against the other guards, Dalton's abilities just wouldn't be enough to overcome Ja'vassa's. He would quickly be cut down and cast aside. After finishing off with the ship, he would rejoin his allies in the fight on land. Fortunately for them, the fall of Dalton and not to mention them being extremely mismatched, the remaining enemy soldiers were wise enough to return to their ships and flee. Normally, Ja'vassa would've had Durnehviir chase them, but it wasn't worth it. Now that the battle was over, the undead dragon landed besides the Dragonborn. "Will you explain now? Where have we wound up, Dovahkiin?" He asked, receiving a shrug. "We're no longer in Tamriel, rather we're in Ferox.. I'll try to explain more later, for now, return to the Soul Cairn." Ja'vassa said, watching as Durnehviir disappeared as quickly as he appeared.

Robin and Chrom quickly approached the Dragonborn, glad the battle was over. "You know, I'm glad you're on our side, Ja'vassa.. watching the dragon appear out of nowhere was incredible." The Prince said, sheathing his blade. "Thanks to you and your allies, we've won the day.." Basilio and Flavia would soon join the trio in their discussion. "We've won today's battle, but unfortunately the town and my army are in shambles now.. and this was but a taste of what's to come." Flavia said, sighing a little. Robin bit his lip in response to that. "If the Feroxis are having trouble, then we're all in trouble.. and now we need to figure out how to continue the fight. Neither Regna Ferox or Ylisse are well equipped for naval battles, unless...." He paused, rubbing his chin.

"What's on your mind, Robin?" Chrom asked, looking a little nervous. "Perhaps we could enlist help from Plegia?" The tactician suggested, though almost immediately it was shot down. "No, no, no. Absolutely not." Chrom argued, but before he could bring the argument any further, Basilio would intervene. "Think about it, boy, Plegia has countless ships and plenty of gold... and as much as you don't want to admit it, we've got no chance without them." He informed him; Robin, Flavia, and Ja'vassa all nodded in agreement with the Khan. Chrom clenched his fists as he ran numerous thoughts through his head. He knew they were right, but he just couldn't stomach the thought of working with the nation that had been the source of much of his hatred over the past few years. Reluctantly, he would nod at them. "You're... you're right. Dispatch a messenger and request an summit immediately. I just pray Gangrel's replacement isn't as bad." Once again, the others would nod in agreement. Now that the battle had been over, the group had set up camp just outside the village, preparing for their next move.

At the campfire, Chrom, Robin, and the Khans would quietly discuss things between each other. "You know, Robin, you and Chrom have shown considerable growth from when we first met. Considering today was your first battle against the Valmese, I'm impressed." Flavia admitted, offering the two a smile. The tactician returned the smile, "Well.. we did have some incredible help today, but nonetheless the words are appreciated." He replied. The night would continue like this for the next couple hours before they decided it'd be best to retire to their tents for the night.

Though I got heavily distracted, I figured I'd make up for it by posting the next few chapters of my crossover. I hope y'all enjoy 'em.

Chapter 11 - Robin and the Doppleganger
Now that the first battle with the Valmese forces was done and over with, the new Plegian king had quickly answered their summons. Without much hesitation, Chrom and the rest of the Shepherds made their way to the Carrion Isle, unsure of what to expect. Right off the bat, they were given an unexpected shock with the arrival of the king's advisor. Chrom's eyes widened as he watched her approach. "Aversa! What are you doing here?" He asked, confused and slightly concerned at this point. The scantily clad mage bowed towards the Prince. "I couldn't tell you, it seems my destiny has a strange course." She replied, her tone remaining as sultry and seductive as it always was. "My lord will be here shortly.. you had arrived a tad sooner than we had expected."

As if on cue, the new king had arrived. His appearance did nothing to help Chrom's confusion, though now Robin was also very concerned. "Ah, it's an honor to finally meet with you, Prince Chrom.. I am Validar, king of Plegia." He greeted, bowing slightly. "It's a pleasure, sir.." Chrom replied, pausing to study Validar. "Is.. is it possible we might've met before?" He asked, a bit confused as to why the king looks like the person who attempted to assassinate Emmeryn not too long ago. He would lean over to Robin, "You don't think he's the same person, do you?" He whispered, receiving a confused shrug. "I.. I don't know.. the resemblance is frightening. Maybe he's somehow related to the assassin?" Robin whispered in return. Validar and Aversa had risen their brows, watching the two converse in secret.

"You must be Robin, correct? Ylisse's brilliant strategist if I'm not mistaken?" Validar asked, receiving a wary nod from the tactician. "That's correct, though I'm surprised you know of me.." Robin admitted, rubbing the back of his head. Everything was getting to be a bit overwhelming. The assassin they supposedly killed now has a doppleganger who just happens to be king, not to mention Gangrel's old tactician was still alive and well. "Of course, tales of your exploits have reached far across the world. It's not hard to see the wisdom in your eyes." Validar confirmed, nodding. "Now.. if these introductions are out of the way, I do believe these negotiations are in order. Unfortunately, Plegia can't offer any soldiers as the previous war has left my army dry, but we can offer over 800 warships, 200 transports, and enough gold to fully fund the war. I trust this will suffice?" He offered, though this received a relatively surprised look from Chrom's group.

"Uh, yeah.. that's surprisingly generous. We appreciate such a kind gesture." The prince nodded, smiling slightly. "If we're done here, I need to get my men back to Port Ferox and prepare for the battle. Thank you, King Validar." He added, turning to leave. "Oh, but before you leave, I do have one more person I'd like you to meet." The king said, causing the group to stop, looking in curiosity. "This is a hierophant, the highest of his order." He added, motioning towards a robed figure approaching the group. Frederick spoke up, "With all due respect, I would ask that you lower your hood, friend. It's a common formality in Ylisse when confronted with royalty." He suggested.

The hooded figure nodded, "You're no longer in Ylisse, but I'll oblige." He responded, removing the hood. Almost immediately, this silenced the group. For whatever reason, this man had completely resembled Robin in every way. His hair, eyes, mouth, ears... all of it was perfectly identical to the tactician's. "My name is Robin.. though it is interesting to think that your name is also Robin, tactician." He said, bowing to properly greet his king's guests.

"Why.. why do you look like me?" Robin asked, staring at the hierophant. Validar looked towards the lookalikes, "What an odd coincidence.. but, there will be time to discuss this after the war. You should prepare for the coming battle." Validar suggested, quickly being interrupted by Chrom. "What is the meaning of this? Why do they look alike?" He asked frantically, though he wouldn't receive an answer from any of them. "Unfortunately, we haven't the time to discuss this. You need to prepare for the war in Valm while we need to prepare our aid. Do be careful on your way to Port Ferox, the roads of Plegia can be dangerous this time of year.." Aversa said as the Ylisseans left. Understandably, the group was relatively shaken up from the day's events, especially Robin who was still trying to figure out why he and the hierophant looked exactly alike.

The tactician wouldn't have the chance to dwell on it much longer, as a sudden pressure builds up in his head. "Listen to me, Robin.. listen to me.." An unknown voice echoed, causing the panicked Robin to look around frantically. "What was that?" He asked, breathing heavily. "Heed my call." The voice echoed again; Robin breathed heavily, frantically looking in every direction. With a bright flash of light, the king of Plegia appeared. "You truly don't remember, do you, Robin?" Validar asked the pained tactician. Robin glared towards him, "You... you! Get out of my head!" He demanded, still clutching onto his throbbing head. Validar laughed softly, watching the scene with mild amusement. "Such insolence.. to think you'd take such a disrespectful tone with your own father. I would've figured that prince would've taught you more respect." He scolded, another laugh escaping his lips.

Still in pain, Robin stared at him in confusion. "My... father? I.. I don't understand." He stuttered, his lips quivering slightly. The pain, the confusion, the fear was all a bit too overwhelming for him. "Yes, my son.. we share the same flesh, but you are of sacred blood. You are to serve a greater destiny, far greater than you would've ever imagined. Do not waste your time with these pathetic servants of Naga. Your place is at my side, your place is to serve Grima and join with his strength." Before Validar could say anything else, Chrom had interrupted with the king making a hasty exit. "Robin? You alright? I heard shouting, what's wrong?" He asked, looking rather concerned.

With Validar gone, the voice in Robin's head finally stopped pounding. He breathed deeply, and shrugged towards Chrom. "I.. I don't know. I think I'm okay?" He questioned, "Validar... he just.. he just claimed to be my father. I don't know if he was telling the truth, but.. it didn't seem like he was lying to me." He explained, rubbing the back of his head. Chrom nodded, bringing the confused tactician back to their campsite. "Let's head back to camp and see if we can't get some rest. We'll need it." Robin nodded in agreement, following behind Chrom.

Chapter 12 - The Enigmatic Princess
"Milord!" Frederick called out, running up to the returning prince and tactician. "I have dire news. Risen have surrounded the camp.. it's as if someone's commanding them. They approached stealthily, unlike anything we've witnessed so far." His tone was as serious as always, but this time with laced with a panicked sound. Chrom and Robin nodded, but were obviously unnerved by this as well. "Validar... no doubt he intends to take Robin hostage." Chrom said, drawing his blade. "Frederick, gather our troops and make sure they're equipped and ready for a fight." He ordered, soon returning to the campsite. Just moments after arriving, they had been met with yet another surprise. Out of nowhere, a flock of crows had appeared, hiding a strange boy. "What? Where did these birds come from?" Chrom asked, slightly annoyed by yet another distraction. Surprisingly jovial laughs could be heard from within the cloud of birds. "What's wrong? There's no need to CAWS such a ruckus, friends." A boy said, giggling again. "Oh, how I slay myself!"

"That's if the Risen don't do it first. This is no time for jokes, boy. Get out of here!" Chrom suggested, still annoyed by this. "Wait! I wanna join your CAWS... I mean, I wanna help! I know magic and I've got a thing for killing things." The mage assured him, with the crows leaving his vicinity. "A Plegian dark mage? Why would you help us?" The prince asked, understandably a little suspicious considering the king had likely sent a horde of the undead. Henry shrugged at him, that smile never leaving his face. "Dunno.. let's just say I'm hoping to change things up a little bit. Like I said before, I've got a thing for murder and stuff.. seems to be a thing among comedians." Now that his allegiance had been sealed, the battle would begin. Robin studied the various Risen, figuring out his battle tactics.

"Chrom! Go with Sumia, make your way up the bridge! I believe their commander is up there!" Robin suggested, having since readied his steel sword. Chrom nodded, climbing onto Sumia's mount. "The rest of us will make sure none of the grunts reach you. If you kill the commander, I'm sure the rest will go with it." And with that, the husband and wife duo would quickly make their way to the bridge, fighting whatever came their way. Down on the ground, Robin had since split the army into three factions; he led one group, Ja'vassa led another, while Frederick led the last. With Robin and Frederick taking the eastern and western sides respectively, Ja'vassa remained in the center. Unfortunately, he didn't have much of a chance to summon Durnehviir like he had hoped, instead he had to rely on a pair of Flame Thralls to aid his group. The battle went by rather quickly; Chrom and Sumia had quickly dispatched the commander, and as Robin predicted, the lesser Risen had died along with their leader.

With the battle over with, Chrom and Robin had decided to do a bit of talking before they'd get back on the road again. Their discussion would be cut short by the sudden appearance of another Risen, one who was quick to rush at Chrom. Given the suddenness of the assassin's appearance, they had little time to react. Though, just as unexpectedly as the assassin appeared, Chrom's savior would also appear. "Father!" A woman's voice said, jumping in front of Chrom to parry what would've been a killing blow. With the attack foiled, the Risen had quickly disappeared, though things hadn't quite yet returned to normal. "Um.. Marth? You mind explaining to me why you, uh... called me father?" Chrom asked, raising his eyebrow. Marth gulped slightly, biting her lip. "I suppose I owe you an explanation, don't I?" She asked, "Though, I'll need to speak with you privately.

After a few moments, Robin had led the other Shepherds back to the camp while Chrom and Marth made their way to the nearby forest. "I'm assuming now your name really isn't Marth, but I'm not sure what else to call you. You've done so much for Ylisse.. you've saved my life, and saved plenty of others. I won't pry, but know I'm in your debt." The prince said, smiling towards her. Marth returned the smile, though her face quickly became far more serious. "I.. I don't even know where to start.. but, I want you to know the truth. Look into my eyes, Chrom and it'll start to make some sense, or at least I hope it will." She suggested. Chrom did as suggested, staring into her eyes. At first, he was a little confused, but once he noticed it, his eyes widened in shock. "That's... that's the Brand of the Exalt.." Though clearly still confused about the whole thing, it had become clear to him. "Lucina... I'm sorry, you deserved better from me than one sword and a world of troubles." He spoke in a soft, gentle tone as he reached out to wipe the tears spilling down Lucina's cheeks.

Unable to help it, the girl rushed into Chrom's arms, sobbing softly. "Oh, father.." She whimpered, though Chrom remained quiet as he gently held her, just hoping she'd let it out. Moments would go by and finally, her tears would dry up just in time as Robin had come by in the hopes of letting them know the army was ready to mobilize. "I can't say I expected to find you two in each other's arms.. this is how rumors are born." The tactician said blankly, unaware of what had just happened. In the background, Sumia had been plucking petals off a number of flowers in a frantic manner. "He loves me... he loves me not.. he loves me..." She muttered, looking to be on the verge of tears.

"Sumia? Is everything alright?" Chrom asked, watching as his wife plucked the many flowers. She stared at him, forcing the tears back. "Oh, it's nothing.. I just find my loving husband with some beautiful woman in his arms, sobbing.." Sumia grumbled, having since stopped destroying the plants. Lucina and Chrom shared a glance, laughing softly. "I think I'll let you do the honors, Lucina." He suggested.

Sumia's slightly upset look turned into a confused manner. "Lucina..? That's our daughter's name?" She questioned, tilting her head. The blue haired woman had approached, "Look into my eyes, Sumia." Lucina said, though this didn't help her mother's confusion in the slightest, if anything, it only made it worse. "You have it? But.. it's.. the same as our child?" The pegasus rider paused, "What happened to our child? Is she alright?" She asked frantically, trying his best not to panic completely.

"Peace, Sumia. Our child is perfectly fine, right where we left her. This Lucina came from the future." Chrom explained; though the explanation seemed sufficient enough, both Sumia and Robin were understandably confused by this whole thing. "If you don't mind, I'll try to explain what I'm doing here." Lucina said, taking a seat nearby. She was silent briefly as she searched for the words she wanted, and once she found them, the story began.

Ylisstol is burning, civilians and soldiers alike cut down mercilessly by hordes of Risen. Inside the palace was no better, guards and soldiers did their best to fight back against their undead enemies, but there was no telling how long the battle would end. Sword clashed with sword, blood decorated the palace floor like a new coat of paint. A gruesome sight for anyone to behold. It seemed hopeless, as one soldier had been pinned to a wall, seemingly being inspected by one of their enemies. Fortunately for her, Lucina had shown up just in time to stop the monster from killing the soldier. "We can't let these things win!" She shouted, raising her blade. "Pick up a weapon and fight... fight until the bitter end!" With those final words, she'd continue her endless battle, slaughtering as many of the Risen as she could.

With the brief story ending, she sighed and looked towards her audience, each had varying degrees of horror etched onto their faces, unable to believe what had happened to her. "So.. you're saying you came to prevent that?" Robin asked, just wanting to ensure that he heard right. Lucina nodded towards him, standing back up. "Yes.. and now that it's no longer a secret, I want to join the Shepherds. I'm not sure how long I'll be here, but I just want to spend time with father and maybe save the world as well." She looked to her father for approval who had nodded in response. "After seeing your skills, we'd be stupid to decline. You're in.. let's make our way for Port Ferox and prepare to leave for Valm." Chrom suggested, heading back for the camp with the other three close behind him.

Chapter 13 - Our Future Children: The Lost Dragon
While the war in Valm was indeed an important thing to focus on, Lucina had informed the group that hadn't returned to the past alone; other children joined her, but unfortunately wound up getting separated during the journey. Among these children happened to be the future daughter of Nowi and Ja'vassa; this came as a shock to the Khajiit, as he wasn't even aware of the fact that he'd even be able to produce a child, not that he'd complain. He just worried about losing her like he lost Kisavi all those years ago. After arriving in the Manor of Lost Souls, they had found it was overrun with hordes of Risen.

Just like they would anywhere else, they had split into groups and prepared for battle. Ja'vassa and Nowi were as usual paired together, thanks to their combination of magic and strength, they were able to decimate the unfortunate Risen that dared to stand against them. The Shepherds weren't far behind, easily dispatching those the Dragonborn and manakete missed. "Hey, Nowi! I think I've found the kid!" Ja'vassa shouted, having since sheathed his blades before he'd approach the child. Likely out of fear or confusion, she had launched a ball of ice at Ja'vassa, just barely missing the Khajiit. "Whoa, there! Hold your fire! I'm on your side!" He assured her, using a ward to block her next attack. Hearing the words from him caused the child to morph back into her human-like form. "O-Oh? Really? I'm glad.. otherwise I would've had to kill you." She said, her tone laced with a mixture of fear and relief. As the Khajiit approached her, he sighed in relief. "We're here to get you out of here." Ja'vassa started, watching as Nowi guarded the door. "Do you have a name, little one?" He asked.

"Nah." The girl replied, receiving a confused look from the Khajiit. "Surely you've got to have a name, right?" He asked again, raising his eyebrow. In response to this, the child released an exasperated sigh. "Nah.. N-A-H, Nah." She huffed, puffing up her cheeks slightly. Ja'vassa, the normally intelligent Khajiit blinked in confusion. "That's an... odd name." He admitted, receiving yet another exasperated sigh from the girl. "And who's fault do you think that is?" She retorted, receiving a shrug from Ja'vassa. "How should I know?" He asked in response, "Anyways.. although this is a lovely conversation, we should probably worry about that after we get you out of here. Now, come on." He suggested, soon drawing Harkon's sword again along with a Fireball spell in the other hand. Nah nodded in response, "Lead the way, sir..." Her tone no longer sounded as annoyed, but it held a more relieved ring to it as she finally had some help getting out of the place.

The remainder of the battle would go about as expected, the Shepherds cut down any remaining Risen that stood in their way while Ja'vassa would occasionally break into any chests or doors that stood in their way. Little by little, the group pushed forward and was eventually able to not only wipe out the remaining Risen, but they had also managed to escape the now crumbling ruins. With everyone out and the enemies dealt with, the group returned to camp with Nowi, Ja'vassa, and Nah deciding to relax together. As they had returned to the campsite together, the loving couple had learned that she was actually their daughter from a future timeline. Though clearly confused by this revelation, they ended up believing her. It was obviously a lot to take in, but this just gave them more to talk about now that they've returned to camp.

Like always, Nowi had taken her seat on Ja'vassa's lap as Nah sat beside him. The child looked up to her father, "You know, I was told that you came from a different world than we did.. Can I ask about your world, maybe your family back home? Or maybe any old lovers?" Nah had innumerable questions, but chose to only ask a few as to not annoy him. Nowi smiled, "You know, you've not told me much about your past either.. I'd very much like to know." She chimed in, nuzzling her husband.

Ja'vassa sighed softly, "My homeland, eh? I was born in the province of Elsweyr.. a land of deserts, rocky canyons, and dense jungles, where the sun shines warmly." He started, a nostalgic smile growing on his face. "Though, I was mostly raised in Skyrim, a province far to the north.. unlike the warm and inviting Elsweyr, the province was cold and harsh, the wind blew bitter cold often, but it helps the fur grow thicker." He sighed softly, "Skyrim was not kind to my people, but the hardships endured in the frozen province have helped me become the person I am now. I made some terrible mistakes.. I've done and seen things many people could only dream of.. I've saved lives and I've ruined lives, and you know what? I wouldn't change a thing.. especially now that I've got a family again." He pressed a soft kiss to the top of Nowi's head, the smile never leaving his face.

The manaketes smiled at him, though Nowi's cheeks were dusted with a light blush. "What about your family back home, father? Won't they miss you?" Nah asked, though her smile faltered as Ja'vassa's faltered. "I.. I don't have any family waiting for me back in Skyrim. My sister, daughter, and wife had all been killed and I couldn't tell you if my parents or older brother are still alive.. haven't seen any of them in years." He said, sighing softly. "Though, if it weren't for the disappearance of my family or the death of my sister, I don't think I'd be where I am now. It was because of her death that I discovered I was Dragonborn.. that I made all those mistakes, saved all those lives, and ultimately the reason I ended finding Nowi." He paused, gently stroking his wife's hair, trying his best to keep those tears back. He had already sobbed over Nowi's shoulder once, he didn't want to do it again.

Nowi would speak up, "I didn't realize you had a child before.. mind if I ask what she was like?" She asked softly, receiving a nod from Ja'vassa. "Kisavi was a sweet little Khajiit.. like her mother, she was sweet and full of energy. She inherited my family's affinity for magic and was well on her way to becoming one of Tamriel's greatest mages. Unfortunately, during much of her life I was infrequently fighting with a group known as the Dawnguard. Being unable to kill me, they went after my much more vulnerable daughter.. they struck her down with a well aimed crossbow bolt in the hopes that it'd break my spirit, making me far more vulnerable in the process, but ultimately it backfired. In... my rage, I wound up tearing their old fort down, slaughtering every last person in their hideout." He explained, brushing his face again. "I've killed.. I've killed so many people in my life that murder has effectively become second nature. Thousands upon thousands have met their end upon my claws, some of them were actually terrible people." Despite his best efforts, the tears returned and slowly slid down his cheeks. "I know you've said otherwise, but I worry that I've disappointed my family. My mother and father did their best to ensure I followed a just path in life, but.. but I.. I failed them."

The mother and daughter shared a brief glance between each other before they both wrapped Ja'vassa in a tight hug. "I know it's hard to believe it, Java, but you've done an incredible job despite the hardships you've faced.. you've lost so much, been through so much, yet you've stood up and kept moving every time. You may have ruined lives, but you've also saved just as many." Nowi said, cupping his cheeks. "Just look at what you've done since arriving in this world.. you saved my life.. as well as everyone else's on the battlefield that day. You saved Nah's life.. you snapped Chrom out of his slump and helped us win that battle in Plegia. They would be proud of what you've become, they'd be proud of how strong you've become." She assured him, resting her head on his shoulder. "You've been strong for everyone else, you've been strong for too long. Both Nah and I are here if you ever need to cry." She said, falling silent as Nah rested her head on Ja'vassa's free shoulder. "We'll always be here, father." This didn't help Ja'vassa's reluctance to cry; their warm touch, their kind words, and their promises of love have been things the Khajiit's been craving since he lost his wife and daughter.

Unable to help it any longer, his tears rolled down his cheeks as he held his new family close to him. The tears were a mixture of sorrow and joy; he deeply missed his old family, but he was beyond grateful for his new family. Nah and Nowi filled the void in his heart, something he's been trying to do for so long. Several minutes would pass before his tears had dried up. "Thank you, Nowi. Thank you, Nah.. I love you both very much.. I promise to always protect both of you, no matter what happens." His tone was soft, but sincere. The girls smiled, hugging him tighter. "So, uh, father.. Can I ask why you ended up marrying my mother?" Nah asked, hoping to change the topic into something a little more light hearted. "It's obvious you two are very close with each other, so I'm just curious as to how it happened." She added, taking her place on her father's lap, right next to her mother.

"Well... where to start?" Ja'vassa asked himself, shrugging. "Your mother's personality is what drew me in at first. She might be a little... too energetic sometimes, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it charming. Not to mention just how sweet she is. It was strange, I felt a comforting presence from the moment I laid eyes on her, I hadn't felt something like that around anyone since Serana." He admitted, smiling towards Nowi, though Nowi's smile transitioned into a curious look. "Who's Serana? Was she an old lover of yours?" She asked.

Ja'vassa shook his head, "Nope.. she's a very close friend of mine, one of my fellow Volkihar Vampires and for the longest time, one of my adventure partners. Her and I explored pretty much all of Skyrim together until we had split so I could focus on dealing with issues on Solstheim. I had actually proposed to her a while ago, but we both decided that we'd be better off as just friends. Fortunately, my proposal didn't really impact our relationship. Up until I met you, she was the only person I had trusted completely. If not for her by my side, there would've been several moments I likely would've been killed. I only wish she could've joined us here. She would've enjoyed this place, I think." His saddened smile was replaced by another nostalgic smile as he spoke. "She was the last person I held any romantic interest up until I met Nowi."

This seemed to be a satisfying answer for both manakete as they once again cuddled close to the Khajiit. "You'll have to tell me all about your adventures in Skyrim, father.. I want to know everything!" Nah said excitedly. Unable to help it, Ja'vassa laughed and nodded, "Right.. for now, just get some sleep, sweetheart. It's getting late." He suggested, gently brushing his daughter's cheek. "We'll have plenty of time for more stories tomorrow, I promise." Though Nah was a little disappointed, she nodded anyway. "Right.. as soon as we get to breakfast, you'll give me the first story." She confirmed, not wanting to take no for an answer. "Fine, fine.. maybe tomorrow I'll tell you about how I got my mask." Ja'vassa promised, giving her a kiss on the forehead before she'd crawl into their tent, quickly falling asleep.

"Nowi.. thank you for everything." Ja'vassa said, smiling to his wife. "You've.. you've given me so much in the short time we've known each other." He held her close to him, nuzzling her as soft purrs escaped him. "If I were to spend eternity with anyone, I'm glad it's with you." Nowi returned the smile, briefly sharing a kiss with him. "Of course, Java.. you've made me happier than I've been in a long time, and you should know I'm almost never without a smile!" She hugged him again, giggling softly. "Eventually, Hermaeus Mora will call me back to Tamriel.. I do not know when, only that it'll happen in the future.. I was wondering if perhaps you'd be willing to join me there? I don't wish to rip you from the world of your birth, but I don't wish to return home alone." The Khajiit asked, hoping she'd be alright with it. Fortunately for him, he received a nod from his wife. "Of course I'll go with you, silly. No matter where you go, you'll have my smile to keep you happy. Whether it's in this world or another, I'm coming with you." Ja'vassa's smile brightened at her response, "I love you, Nowi." He replied, "Now... let's join our daughter and get some sleep." He suggested, bringing her into their tent. With one more brief kiss between them, the two were happily asleep with Nah cuddled up in between them.

Chapter 14 - Our Future Children: The Amnesiac Wanderer
Just days had passed since the young manakete had joined with the Shepherds, and recently, the group had heard interesting rumors of a powerful relic of Naga being hidden in some temple in northern Ferox. Believing this might help them in some future wars, Chrom enlisted the group's strongest and headed off for the location. The journey to the ruins were mostly uneventful; there was the occasional bandit that tried to make off with a soldier's coin purse, but even these scuffles ended without any death or much bloodshed. After the lengthy journey was over, it appeared those rumors were indeed true; a divine energy flowed through the area, but unfortunately, it wouldn't be as easy as they hoped. Risen had infested the temple, prompting the group to prepare for battle. However, the Risen wouldn't be the only problem, Ja'vassa had noticed something strange in the distance, his eyes widening as he realized what it was. "Um.. Robin, Chrom." He started, pointing towards what seemed to be a lost child. "A kid's here.. and.. she kind of resembles you." He said to Robin.

"You don't think she was among the group that returned with Lucina, do you?" Robin asked him in response, receiving a nod. "Yeah, she might be. I'd assume she'd be yours and Lissa's daughter." The Khajiit suggested, "But, let's focus on getting your kid to safety before we worry about where she came from." This was a satisfying answer for the recently promoted Grandmaster. The battle had soon commenced with Robin and Ja'vassa making their way towards the child. Their magic combined proved to be an overwhelming combination as they had little trouble breaking past the hordes of Risen. "Are you alright?" Robin asked, rushing to the child while his friend kept the incoming Risen at bay. Rather than looking terrified and nervous, a wide grin crossed the girl's face as she leapt at Robin. "Father! I was beginning to worry that I'd never find you!" She shouted out excitedly.

That had pretty much confirmed Ja'vassa's suspicions, though Robin was still a little confused by it. "I'm gonna assume you came along with Lucina, right? Traveling from the future?" Robin asked, though Morgan tilted her head slightly. "I'm afraid I don't know any Lucina... and I don't think I came from the future? Time travel isn't even possible.. at least I don't think it is." She sighed, "Don't you remember, father? Morgan.. your precious little girl, the love of your life, your little cinnamon roll.. any of that? Hmm.. maybe you're sick. We need to get you to bed." She had grabbed his hand, though Robin only sighed in response.

"I know it's hard to believe, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around all this myself, but look at me." Robin started, "Do I honestly look old enough to have a child as old as you are?" He asked, the eager smile on Morgan's face fell as she studied him. She didn't want to believe it, but he was right."You.. you do look a little younger, but I..." She paused, growing all the more confused.

"It's gonna take some explaining, but.. let's focus on getting you out of here." Robin suggested, "Just stay close for now." Morgan nodded, following behind him and the Khajiit as they'd work their way back to Chrom and the other Shepherds. Now that Morgan was safe, the battle didn't seem as stressful as the Risen army was quickly decimated by the group's superior strength. The rumors of a relic of Naga being there were true as they had received a special crystal that would greatly increase the user's strength. Now that the battle had been won, the group had returned to their campsite to prepare for the battle with the Valmese forces. Seeing as they had time; Robin, Lissa, and Morgan would retire to their tent to talk a little.

"So, you really don't remember me, Morgan?" Lissa asked, a little saddened that she wouldn't be able to really speak with her own daughter. The child shook her head, "I'm.. I'm afraid not. My memories of father are all vivid and clear, but anything about you or anyone else is just a blank. I'm sorry, mother." She replied, a slightly guilty tone overtaking her voice. As her and Lissa spoke, Robin was lost in thought as he tried to figure out what might've happened to Morgan. "You know.. perhaps what happened in the future and the subsequent time traveling had blocked out most of your memories, maybe to protect you from something." He suggested, reaching over to hug his amnesiac daughter. "Though, try not to stress yourself over remembering too much.. we don't want you hurting yourself. We're just happy you're with us."

Morgan smiled at her parents, nodding in response. "You know.. in the future, you would always tell me stories about a beautiful woman, someone you loved dearly and now, when I look at my mother, I can see why you fell for her." Her statement caused Lissa to blush slightly, though she smiled. Robin laughed and nodded, "She is rather adorable, isn't she? A total sweetheart too." He confirmed, pulling Lissa close to him and their daughter. "I'm just glad no one had the chance to tell her before I did. She's made me quite happy."

Lissa's blush only deepened, "Shut up, Robin.." She mumbled, but cuddled close to him regardless. Their interactions only caused Morgan to giggle. After what she had witnessed in the ruins, this cute and light hearted interaction between her parents was very much appreciated. "Lucina mentioned you had a brother.. do you remember him by any chance?" Lissa asked, her blush quickly disappearing. Morgan had shaken her head as expected, "No.. I don't. Lucina seems to know me well, so I'd assume she's probably right, but there's no telling where he might be right now." She replied, shrugging.

"I suppose we'll figure that out later.. for now, let's get some rest." Robin suggested, giving the two soft kisses on the forehead. "We'll try to worry about your memories later, Morgan." The two nodded, soon laying down with him. Joyed with their new addition, the parents shared a brief kiss before snuggling close to Morgan; the exhaustion from the day's events would soon kick in and they'd find themselves in a peaceful, happy sleep.

Chapter 15 - Over the Sea and Far Away
Now that three of the future children had joined the Shepherds, the army would resume their campaign against the Valmese Empire. Once at Port Ferox, the allied Ylissean and Feroxi armies had boarded the ships and set sail for the western continent. Robin had taken a deep breath, a wide smile on his face as they had set sail. "Ah... this is incredible.. the view, the smell.. just breathtaking." He said in an unusually excited tone. Ja'vassa had worn an equally excited smile. "I haven't been on a proper boat ride since I last visited Stros M'Kai.." The Khajiit responded, leaning over the side of the boat. Unfortunately, this peace wouldn't last as Frederick would join the group with less than favorable news.

"Our pegasus knights have returned with grave news. The Valmese are making their way here. They've got as many ships as we do, but our ships are only half as full as theirs." The knight explained, keeping his tone as stern as always. This got the rest of the group thinking about what they could do. Flavia was the first to speak up. "We can't just jump aboard their ships, we'd be slaughtered.. we've got plenty of supplies thanks to the Plegians, including plenty of oil.. perhaps someone could find a use for it?" She mused, looking towards Robin. The tactician had rubbed his chin as he tried to figure something out. "Ja'vassa, will you be able to summon that dragon of yours?" He asked, though Ja'vassa only shook his head. "There won't be enough room to summon him.. if I could've brought Odahviing with me, that would've been a different story. The most I can do is summon is a couple Storm or Flame Atronachs right now."

Robin nodded at him, looking towards some of the barrels of oil they had stored. "What if we were to set their ships ablaze?" He asked, receiving bewildered expressions from most of the group. "If we do that, they wouldn't have anywhere to escape..." He would be interrupted by Basilio. "Neither would we, would you have us get caught up in the fire?" He asked; normally he wouldn't question Robin, as he was well aware of how brilliant he was, but this sounded a little too outlandish. "Of course not, but what if we wanted to be caught up?" Robin asked, receiving a more suspicious look from the group. "If those reports were right, we should be able to fit our remaining troops on half of the ships.. they'd never expect any army would be willing to sacrifice half their fleet. Once we've done that, Chrom will lead a group of our strongest and attack the lead ship itself." He explained, though the group was still a little unsure, the explanation was sufficient enough for them.

A few hours had passed and it was finally time for the battle to begin. Chrom's ship had found itself surrounded; three ships to one. This caused the Valmese captain to become slightly enraged. "Do they mean to insult us? Only a single ship against ours? These arrogants pups will soon learn the error of their ways.." Ignatius grumbled, raising his spear. "Men! Prepare yourselves for combat!" He ordered, with his men quickly boarding the Plegian ship. Like the battle at Carrion Isle, the group would be separated in three factions with Ja'vassa, Chrom, and Robin all leading a faction. Ja'vassa's faction was sent to deal with the commander, while the others would hold the Valmese forces off. Like any other battle, Ja'vassa and Nowi would end up fighting side by side. Among their group included Cherche, Virion, Tharja, Henry, Sully, and Stahl; with a group well versed in both close quarters and ranged combat. With the loving couple dealing with the commander, the others would ensure they would be uninterrupted.

"You ready to do this, love?" Ja'vassa asked as he had readied a Bound Sword in one hand and an Icy Spear spell in the other. Nowi offered her husband a grin as she nodded, "Of course I'm ready, Java." She confirmed, grabbing her Dragonstone. The enemy commander scoffed as they had prepared themselves. "Your arrogance will be your downfall, Ylisseans!" Ignatius said, pointing his lance towards the loving couple. "If you truly mean to stand up against the Conqueror, then prove it!" He ordered, soon rushing at them in the hopes of finishing them off in one blow. "Nowi, mind taking care of the little guy?" Ja'vassa asked, deciding to use a Disarm shout on his approaching enemy. "Zun.. Haal Viik!" He shouted, unleashing a blast of purple energy, ripping the spear out Ignatius' hand.

With the spear getting flung into the water, the commander had found himself defenseless as the Khajiit quickly approached. At this point, even his thick armor did little to protect him from the sharp spears of ice shot at him. In the background, Nowi had little trouble dispatching the commander's right hand warrior, while the others of their faction were making quick work of the others on the ship. Eventually, all three factions would come out on top, having wiped out much of the Valmese forces. With the battle effectively won, Robin would now put his plan to action. "Steady..." He said to the captain. "Just a little more..." Robin, and everyone else on the ship braced themselves for the incoming impact.

Within seconds, Robin's ship was on top of a few enemy ships. "Now, jump!" He ordered, quickly making his way off the now flaming boat. On the other boat, they had watched as half of their own and most, if not all of the Valmese fleet had been caught up in the blazing sea. Many of the allied forces, including Robin himself, had watched in surprise to see that this outlandish plan had actually worked. "I can't believe that worked.. the sea itself is on fire!" Lissa squealed, watching with a mixture of excitement and terror. Ja'vassa had laughed, shaking his head. "Robin, you're insane, but you're a genius. No one would've expected anyone to sacrifice half their fleet.. I'd bet either the Stormcloaks or Imperials back home would love to have you with them." Robin smiled towards the Khajiit and Lissa, nodding at what they said.

Chrom would soon join the trio, "Alright.. the true test starts now. We'll be reaching Valm soon. All of you should retire to your quarters and get some rest for now. We'll need everyone to be ready for whatever comes tomorrow." He ordered, watching as they retreated for the night. Ja'vassa and Nowi would join Nah while Robin and Lissa would go and join Morgan, quickly sharing a few words between each other, though rather falling asleep like they had been told, the two had eventually returned to the deck once their daughter had fallen asleep. Ja'vassa leaned over the railing, smiling. "You know.. back when Hermaeus Mora brought me here all those years ago, I had intended to do just as he told me. To study and bring him whatever knowledge he desired, I hadn't intended to make friends.. much less fall in love and marry you. Not that I'm complaining, of course." He reached over to hold his wife's hand, "In Skyrim, people were either afraid of me or looked down upon me, only calling upon me when they needed someone dead, yet.. you and the others have accepted me with open arms."

Nowi giggled as he spoke, practically hopping into his arms. "Since you joined the Shepherds, you've done a lot of good, so what'd you expect? You saved my life, you saved Nah's.. and so many others. We're happy you're here too." She replied, nuzzling the Khajiit. "Ask anyone and they'll say the same thing."

Unable to prevent it, Ja'vassa's smile widened as he cuddled close to Nowi. "The road getting here was bumpy, filled with loss and pain.. yet, I'd go through it a thousand times if it meant being with you.. and being surrounded by the Shepherds. The gods blessed the broken roads that led me straight to you." He said, going in for a quick, brief kiss with her. "Maybe we should get some rest like Chrom suggested.. perhaps we'll have more time to hold each other once this damn war comes to an end." And with that, the two returned to their quarters, laying on either side of their beloved daughter before they'd slowly fall asleep, peaceful looks gracing their faces in spite of the day's events.

Back