Wraith's Workshop

TMITM

Megalomaniacal Arbiter
A place where Wraith upgrades and tweaks his armor, weapons, and other projects.

Wraith looked around and readied himself in a fighting stance, ready for whatever the AI would throw at him. Training sword in hand, he looked around, looking for some indication of what was coming.
He was in his training room, a room specifically designed to throw everything it had at him and focus on his weaknesses. A squadron of make-believe soldiers came out of nowhere and shot at him, Wraith blocking and dodging their shots. A bullet stung him in the side, and he cursed himself for being so careless.
He wasn't wearing armor when he trained, not even his helmet or his complicated mess of a HUD. He had no adversion to wearing these, far from it, actually, but he couldn't become too reliant on it, no matter how reliable it was. Nothing was more reliable than his own hands, his own skill. He needed to keep it sharp, no matter how good he was with the suit, it would all be a lie if he had to rely on it for everything.
Despite that, he missed it.
He ran across the simulated plain agonizingly slow, his lack of speed rewarded by a couple of close calls with bullets, which he either dodged or blocked. He ran into the line of footmen, breaking their ranks and dispatching a few of them with easy cuts to the neck or chest. He flipped his sword so that he was holding it backhand, and whirled around, scything down enemies around him, buying himself enough time to draw his other, shorter sword, which he held in his left hand.
It was on now.
He whirled around in a deadly dance, cutting down soldiers with almost ease.as he finished the rest of them, cutting down the last one with a slice vertically in his chest, and then pressed the button on his sword which ended the simulation.
He walked out of the training room, depositing his training swords on a rack outside and took in his workshop.
There were several long , low tables littered with projects. Above him was his personal fighter, kept in place by a complex mechanism that prevented it from falling to the ground below. The floor was padded and had movable tables scattered throughout because he preferred to be on the floor while working and normally moved about quite a lot. In the corners of the room there were cameras for security, and also so that he could watch back some of the tests of his projects.
His suit was hanging on a series of wires that would move it around when he was making upgrades, as it was often too heavy for him to move around easily.
He sighed and sat down at one of his tables, working on an accuracy upgrade for his standard-issue magnum so that he might be able to start using it. He also ordered his 3d printer to make more kunai, as he was running out. He needed to be more careful with those...

Kaw strode into Wraith's large armoury. "Gotta say it is pretty impressive.." He muttered to himself, saw Wraith sitting at the table, but decided to surprise him. He purposely dropped a nail on the floor that hit the floor with a clang, and then he was hiding behind a wall, smirking. He slowly crept behind Wraith and behind from where he dropped the nail, and leaned against the wall.

Wraith heard Kaw coming. Even when he was assisted by the software in his armor, he liked to keep his senses sharp. He took a deep breath. Okay, Business face, he said to himself, composing himself. He had just completed the modifications to his magnum, making it so it might actually be of SOME use in battle. He stood up and turned around, his arms crossed. "Don't touch anything. Many of the projects here are very dangerous."

The large Armory is filled with old and forgotten projects, because Wraith preferred to have only a few good weapons.

"You think I'm so careless Wraith?" Kaw chuckled, "I know their dangerous I've seen what you can do with them, Anyways, how are the weapons coming along?" He asked the armoured man.

Wraith picked it up in his hand, studying his craftsmanship. "An.. improved version. Now it can actually be of use to me."

"It's more accurate, and more lightweight... I might actually carry I into battle..."

"Hm, that's an impressive feat. I think." He muttered to himself, looking at the Magnum, "Looks pretty good to me."

He turned back to his table, beginning the near-impossible task of cleaning it up. "Any missions or news I should know about?"

Wraith gave up and picked up one of the kunai he had printed, spinning it, threading his finger through the hole in the pommel of the throwing knife.

Wraith chucked. "Anything is better than sitting here, waiting for something to happen." He turned around. "So you've got something?" He walked over to his suit, unlocking the helmet and picking it up, studying it.

He placed a small bit of papers down then scanned over it, "I'll just give you a summary, Our objective, Fracture's been dealing with a lot of Cavaskera attacks recently. During the attack, they saw a man in rusted silver armour with 'demonic green eyes,' Sound familiar?"

"Our objective is to, not send to many people cause that'll draw attention obviously, and take them down, Dead or alive, doesn't matter, you up for it?" Kaw asked, then sat back in his seat.

Back