Writing A Book

I am serious about this. I just have been struggling to figure out where to start. I know that I need to start with an idea but I haven't came up with one that sounds even semi original. I wouldn't mind co writing a book as a starter into the writing scene. I like mostly Fantasy, Action, Adventure, and Steam Punk (only experience I've had in this one though was in RPs)

That sound good to me. I have like 3 or 4 that I've tried to work with as RP's but could never get anywhere with that might also make for a good book but I wasn't sure if they would. If you'd like to heat those let me know

If you'd like to you can or you can wait until you're approved and message me with it, either way is good with me. I won't be able to read it until I get off work though.

Ok enjoy work and I will post it here this is it in role play form

the planet is dealing the aftermath of a battle between supers hero’s and villains. The damage was so substantial that any powers are frowned upon. The battle was won by comet she was the world premier heroine she with the rest of her kind is now in hiding.

My character is a cafe owner and is not comet but knows her before the battle she worked for hero corp as a finder she found the ones that develop powers It’s in you genes kinda like hero’s or X-men

I have other ideas for the other character but for now they are a kid born just after the battle. They have moved in to town and frequent the cafe. Gets befriended by my character and the go on a journey to help comet

Work was a shit show today.....but this idea sound like it could be interesting as a book. Did you want to hear my ideas and pick one from your/my ideas?

ok for my ideas here they are:

Idea A- the MC is dying in a field after a battle when they are approached by a vampire and asked if he/she would like to live and if he/she does warned the MC of the consequences. After deciding he/she wants to live they are caught up in the brewing of a war between the humans and the vampires and has to choose sides.

Idea B- It is the year 703RY. Regoroth is still in its Middle Ages. It's been 12 years since The Great War of Ferrengale.Tensions run high, still, between the different countries. The most tension ran between the elvish kingdom of Lorwyn and the dwarven kingdom of Birfeln.

Strange monsters began to appear all across the world one day. Stories told of a time like this happening, and heroes emerging from across the world and banding together to defeat a great evil. This great evil was said to be the gods that had fallen into corruption. These heroes would have to slay these gods and find the evil that had corrupted them so the gods could be reborn pure again. It is said that these heroes would not only defeat the great evil but also dispel the tensions between the kingdoms of Regoroth.

Idea C- The world of Ashogar has broke out into war. The king of Malef attempted to have the king of Eodemari murdered in cold blood, but the attempt failed. The king of Eodemari called for their allies from Ozul and Taret to help him as he declared war on Malef. Malef in response called for their allies from Zerod and Xaral. Being caught in the middle, the people from the Trigis Islands and the Island of Iraes became mercenaries fighting on either side to survive. The MC is a man from Eodemari that was enlisted into the military.

Actually I decided to just go with theses three. The fourth one sounded like it would be better as a RP than a book

The ideas are good! That's something I'd read.

After you know your idea, it's time to daydream a bit~ Mostly, the thing I do when I write is to keep the end in mind. I "sketch" some scenes in my head before I "color" them. If you see any prompts sometimes and think they are good, Involve them. Don't care about outlining at first but the end and then do everything to keep the character from reaching this goal, or ending. Idk, maybe it's a sad ending, maybe you want an and-they-lived-happy-after one.

After you figured out an end, you think what entrance your character shall do. The reader is mainly hooked when the MC does an action that's extraordinary, even if it's just a little one. Or start with a fight with someone who plays an important role in your book. Whatever, just don't go with "They woke up" or their morning routine therefore is time later on.
Perhaps you can insert some kind of secret, a side plot thing that hooks the reader as well.

Well, and after that, you just start writing I guess, let the story roll. One thing, never look back or compare yourself. When the book is done, you look over it and fill the plotholes, polish a bit, and boom.

There are good advice-pages and pictures on Pinterest, perhaps if you'd like to look there.

Hope I helped a bit? Maybe I just said the things you didn't need, maybe they helped anyway lmao

Back